Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8 ME] The Naked Hare - Games

+4
Theomore Tullison
Terren Dulver
Yoren longshore
Septon Arlyn
8 posters

Go down

[D8 ME] The Naked Hare - Games Empty [D8 ME] The Naked Hare - Games

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:15 am

[url:2psoa9dr]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=187&
t=2549[/url:2psoa9dr]

"
Good men and good women, How is your evening? I'm so glad that you can join us as we celebrate the momentous occasion of our very own, Ser Tymon Lannister, defeating the honorable Ser Colyn Manderly in a single pass!"
Septon Arlyn waits as the yelling and cheering die down, clapping the young knight on the back as young Helena stands proudly next to Ser Tymon. "
Now Ser Tymon will be joining young Helena here in wedlock, and, although it is sad for me to see any of my young charges leave the Stony Hearth, it is with a glad heart that such an honorable man as Ser Tymon here will be the one to wed her!"
More cheering and Young Helena Blushes at some of the whistles and joyful noises that come from the gathered audience. "
Now, here is a round for everyone! Let us all toast this happy proposal!"
Septon Arlyn gestures to Marielye to begin handing out tankards, as she had been prepared by the septons briefing and had lined up tankards on the bar. Through the commotion and hustle to get a tankard before they were all gone you could see the large woman Innkeeper gesturing to a few guttersnipes who were trying to take more than one. She was still telling them off as they lost themselves in the press of the crowd.

Septon Arlyn waited for a few moments for everyone to get their drinks. "
Does everyone have their drinks?"
Asks the Septon boasterouslly. The cheers were almost deafening as the crowded tavern raised up their various tankards into the air. A low chant of *Ser Tymon! Ser Tymon!* Slowly swelled until it became a dull roar. Septon Arlyn raised his arms into the air to draw attention to himself.

"
Let us all toast to our brave knight, our champion of virtue and the guardian of Lady Helena Dulvers heart!"
Septon Arlyn raises his own mug into the air "
To Ser Tymon!"
The Septon yells and throws back his drink, guzzling it down vicariously, not stopping until he had drained the last dredges of the bitter dark stout down his gullet. As he finishes he wipes the foam from his mouth with the sleave of his robe and yells loudly into the crowd, a joyous noise to be sure.

I'm glad to be done with this place

Septon Arlyn waits for the commotion to die down one again before continuing, "
But enough of a preamble, let us start with the games! As I am sure that many of you heard that their was a purse involved and thats why you dragged your sorry asses out tonight!"
Septon Arlyn japes with the commoners, feeling more comfortable with them then the nobles he had spent most of the week around.

"
To start off, we have 3 contests, each purse contains 35 SS, with the grand prize of 50 SS to whomever does the best on all 3 trials."

"
We begin the festivities with an arm wrestling match, it will be at the tables that Anna the barmaid is currently sitting on"
Septon Arlyn gestures to the long table in the middle of the room which currently was occupied by a woman in her mid twenties, mouse brown hair cut short and simple garb. She was currently fanning herself with a napkin before the Septon pointed her out, She smiles demurely and sashays herself onto the table. Drawing more attention to herself as well as flexing her arms, truly trying to make light of the situation. Some of the men whistled and complemented her on her muscles and the cruder ones even made comments about how she could use them. She ignored those cruder comments and basked in the spotlight, ducking under the wagon wheel chandelier and relighting some of the candles that had lost their flames before removing herself into the crowd once more.

"
Over at the end of the bar, we have a game of Quoits set up, Only those with a true mastery of skill with the hands and aim best test themselves there!"
Septon Arlyn spoke those words with somelarity that was belayed by the twinkle in his eyes.

"
Then you had best keep your hands away from it good grouse! I've seen the way you throw hammers at the Dulver Festivals!"
Heckles a Dulver infantryman from the back. Rodrick was his name, his red hair stands our brightly amoungst the sea of brown, blond and black.

"
Aye! But at least I've been known to drink you under the table ya Lightweight!"
Septon Arlyn japes back, clearly enjoying himself.

"
And last, but certainly not least, is the pie eating contest!"
Septon Arlyn announces loudly. "
Now don't mind if I point out our illustrious host tonight, Lady Marielye, and thank her for all the hard work she did putting together some deliecous berry pies. The pies have been helpfully made as well by Marielyes Bakery, located next door. If you enjoyed your hospitality tonight please make sure to patronage her in the future."

Septon Arlyn glances around the room, then bellowing loudly as a bull would he declares, "
Let the games begin!"

Rules:

Arm Wrestling match

each round test fighting (brawling) VS TN 9 at the start of each round, each DOS adds + 1 to rolls that round, failure inflicts a fatigue

Athletics(strength) + agility(contortion)

start at TN 16 and increase by 3 every round for 4 rounds. Winner is whoever get the highest DOS at round number 4 wins

Quoits (ring toss)

each round test awareness notice vs TN 9 each DOS add +1 to following rolls as you accurately estimate the distance to the target. failure imposes a - 3 penalty as you misjudge the distance

thievery (slight of hand) + marksmanship (thrown)

start at TN 16 and increase by 3 every round for 4 rounds. Winner is whoever get the highest DOS at round number 4 wins

Eating contest

each round test cunning (logic) TN 9 each DOS as +1 to following rolls to adequately gauge how quickly to eat. failure imposes a fatigue as you overestimate yourself and eat too much.

Will (dedication) + endurance (resilience)

start at TN 16 and increase by 3 every round for 4 rounds. Winner is whoever get the highest DOS at round number 4

Highest Total DOS gets the grand champions purse, so be sure to post your total DOS in your rolls
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D8 ME] The Naked Hare - Games Empty Re: [D8 ME] The Naked Hare - Games

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Yoren walks through the village to see the festivities. At first he chances upon the ring toss, however, his aim was clearly off and with an apologetic shrug he leaves the rings to those who knew how to do it properly. The next thing that caught his attention was the fat septon sitting at a table heaped with pies. Yoren seats himself across from the septon and he asks with a smile: "
Are you ready for the rematch? Those pies looks delicious, it would be a shame to let any of them go to waste."
Yoren tells the septon before he starts heaving down pies.
However, he heaved down pies too quickly, and very swiftly he felt his belt buckle telling him to stop. Laying down on the table he tells the septon: "
I don't feel too good, I think you have won Arlyn."
After a brief pause he continues: "
However, for those pies it was worth it."

Ring toss competition
[url=Ring toss][/url]: 6d6k5 12

Eating competition
[url=Cunning (logic)][/url]: 4d6k3 13
[url=Pie eating competition round one][/url]: 7d6k5 30 (sorry, it should be k7 for a total of 36+ 1 from dos)
[url=Cunning (logic)][/url]: 4d6k3 8
[url=Pie eating competition round two][/url]: 7d7-1 31 (my sausagefingers did it again)[url=Pie eating competition round two retry][/url]: 7d6-1 31
[url=Cunning (logic) round 3][/url]: 4d6k3 12
[url=Pie eating competition round three][/url]: 7d7 34 (My brain had a short cicuit) [url=Pie eating competition round three retry][/url]: 7d6k6 18
Yoren goes out in round three, can the septon get his revenge from riverun?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Although Terren usually isn’t once for excess and tries to be temperate, he decides that participating in the festivities and meeting people is worth it. Terren goes to sit next to join the Septon and Joren, he smiles to both of them and then says "
May the best man win."

Terren clearly does not have the stamina of the others and only remains in the competition through a combination of moderation in his speed of consumption, as well as sheer willpower.
Eating competition
Round one: [url=Cunning(logic)][/url]: 5d6k4 15 2DOs grant a +2 [url=Pie eating competition][/url]: 6d6 22 +2 = 24 2DoS
Round two : [url=Cunning(logic)][/url]: 5d6k4 9 1Dos grants a +1 [url=Pie eating competition][/url]: 6d6 19 +1 = 20 1DoS
Round three : [url=Cunning(logic)][/url]: 5d6k4 18 2Dos grants a +2 [url=Pie eating competition][/url]: 6d6+2 18

Terren collapses after the third round "
I think I need to lie down for a while, though I do agree with you, Yoren, those pies were totally worth it."

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Septon Arlyn sat down in the middle of the room, and pulls his robes up reveling his fabby arms. "
Which one of you sods think you can stand up against the flabby Septon!"
jokingly mocks Septon Arlyn, flexing his arms for dramatic fashion.
He feels the hard wooden bench beneth his rump and sees a man approach him, his blacksmith's apron still on and the thick charcoal and black soot covering his face, causing the whites of the blacksmiths eyes to stand in stark contrast.

"
Well Septon, if you can make it past the first round then you get the privilege of challenging me!"
with that the smith throws his arms up into the air and laughs wildly, around him the small folk start chanting "
Drax, Drax, Drax!"

I doubt I will be facing you good man, but we shall see

with that the septon prepares himself for the competition.

[url=Naked hair games fighting bonus round 1][/url]: 3d6 6

A farmer approaches the Septon and sits across from him, "
Warrior be with you Septon,"

"
May the smith be with you,"
replies the Septon and gives a slight smile. This is a decent sort of fellow I do believe. With that the two men clasp hands and cup their elbows.

"
Begin!"
shouts Anna as the various seated contestants begin the pushing and pulling of the arm wrestling contest.

[url=Naked hair games wrestling round 1][/url]: 4d6-1 12

Septon Arlyn strains against the farmers grasp until the farmer handily slams the Septons hand against the table. "
Uf"
states the Septon That is certainly tiring.

The Septon then moves to the pit eating contest. Here is something I can enjoy Then he is suprised by the appearance of Yoren and Terren sitting next to him. "
Good men, It is good to see you this day."
He also sees drax, flush with excitement from the arm wrestling competition appear and sit down.

"
Maybe this is something I will have more skill at then you drax!"
shouts the Septon across the table. Septon Arlyn then smiles at yoren. "
May the best man win."
and begins to dig into the delicious pies.

[url=Naked hair games pie eating cunning round 1-4][/url]: 4#3d6 13 12 5 11

[url=Naked hair games pie eating round 1-4][/url]: 4#8d6k7-1 21 23 30 27

round 1
21 + 1 cunning bonus vs TN 16 = 2 DOS
round 2
23 + 1 cunning bonus vs TN 19 = 2 DOS
round 3
30 - 1 cunning bonus vs TN 21 = 2 DOS
round 4
27 - 1 additional fatigue + 1 cunning VS TN 24 = 1 DOS

Septon Arlyn stuff himself with pies, enjoying every morsel and relishing when both Terren and Yoren drop out. "
Whats wrong boys, too sweet for your stomach. This is why you shouldn't get into an eating contest with a fat man!"
Jokes Septon Arlyn merrily
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:23 pm

Why not? Theomore wasn't really the type for these sorts of things, old habits of cheating at everything to win just to see if anyone managed to catch him in the act could be fun, too, but really, maybe it could be fun to win honestly? Besides, there's been enough crap this last week, this could help take his mind off some of it.

"
Why, good septon, do sign me up for everything!"
He declares. Showing himself capable enough at arm wrestling, though he does get trounced when the competition stiffens at the end, with the rings he did manage to surprise himself by having the satisfaction of the ring spinning around the pin and land on the mark instead of being flicked away...the second attempt? Not so surprising. And then there were the pies, good pies, but lacking the knowledge on how to pace himself, Theomore gets stuffed a bit too quickly...gods, let's not do that again.

[url=Arm wrestle Brawl][/url]: 4#4d6 18 11 14 10 +2, +1, +2, +1
[url=arm wrestle][/url]: 4#6d6 24 25 24 17 2 DoS, 2 DoS, 1 DoS, crit fail in round 4

[url=quoits awareness][/url]: 4#4d6 15 16 13 12 +2, +2, +1, +1
[url=quoits][/url]: 4#4d6k3 16 14 1 DoS, fail in round 2

[url=pie-eating cunning][/url]: 4#3d6 6 8 7 10, fatigue all around.
[url=eating pie][/url]: 4#6d6 18 18 1 DoS, fail in round 2

7 DoS total

Last edited by 109 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Sam heard of these festivities and looked towards it with anticipation *Ah fun, true relaxation, a pleasant distraction."
Cobbling together a disguise a few hours prior, Samurel enters with the garb of a peasant huntsman.
[url=Deception (Disguise) Taking Some TIme!][/url]: 5d6k5 19
Trying to Blend in and and act the part of a simple huntsman.
[url=Deception (Act)][/url]: 5d6k4 18
[url=Stealth (Blend In)][/url]: 5d6k4+3 22

Feeling attracted to either the pleasant food or the ring toss, the toss tempted him more.

[url=Awareness (Notice)][/url]: 4#4d6 14 10 10 16
that is : +2, +1, +1, +2

[url=Thievery (Sleight of Hand) + Marksmanship (Thrown)][/url]: 4#6d6k5 20 15 18 21

Round one: 22: 2 DoS
Round two: 16: Failure
Round three: 19: Failure
Round four: 23: Failure

"
The drink must have been getting to me it would seem"

*I really need to work on my aim some more*

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:33 am

Luecian cheered along with the crowd at the Septon's words. Once the speech was over him and his drink went to try some of the games.

First he tried the Arm Wrestling:
[url=Arm Wrestling- Brawling TN9][/url]: 4#3d6 13 7 11 15 +1, -1 ,+1,+2
[url=Arm Wrestling][/url]: 4#7d6 24 31 22 16 Rd1(TN16) 25, 2 DoS, Rd2(TN19) 30, 3 DoS, Rd3(TN22) 22, 1 DoS, RD4(TN25) 17 Fail

Next he tried the ring toss:
[url=Ring Toss- Awareness][/url]: 4#4d6k3-1 8 10 16 7 -3 Penalty, +1, +2, -3 Penalty
[url=Ring Toss][/url]: 4#6d6 19 18 18 26 Rd1(TN16) 16, 1 DoS, Rd2(TN19) 19, 1 DoS, Rd3(TN22) 20 Fail

Stumbling away he laughed off his performance and went to seek another drink and greet the other guests.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:15 am

[url=arm wrestling][/url]: 4#10d6k8 30 32 32 28
After adding bonuses from Fighting: 32, 35, 34, 30. Total DoS: 13. Total roll: 131.

[url=Arm Wrestling Fighting][/url]: 4#5d6 18 21 15 17
DoS: 2. 3. 2. 2.

[WIN. RP to come]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:17 pm

[OOC: when prizes will be given?Very Happy]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:04 am

Tymon and Helen sat at a table together and were able to relax and have a grand evening. They cheered and clapped and laughed as the various contestants took part in the various challenges and shared a drink or five with her brothers. Tymon had decided to steer clear of any of the events himself. He was battered and bruised from the jousting and was happy to relax and share a cask of wine with Lady Helen, her spirit and the wine helping to drown out any pain he had from the joust. He thought to himself "
In the future I think I will stick to having Ser Jorah as a drinking companion, and steer clear of having him on the other end of the list."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:32 pm

A loud cheer went up as three serving maids made their way to the bar, Climbing up the bar stools onto the bar the Serving girls call out to the bar, gathering the attention of some of the patrons but not most, as they were already too far gone in their cups to be bothered with three standing ladies. Mousy brown short hair is pulled back to reveal a skinny, well kept face. Darting brown eyes, set lightly within their sockets, watch longingly across the crowd before pale pink thin lips open their mouth to speak. "
The winners of tonight games are!"
She holds out a small coin purse, the sieght of coins contained insdie cuaseing the coins to strain against their burplap containment. "
Is for wrestling, it goes to Ser Walton Dulver!"
A small cheer raises up and the blacksmith nods his head, having felt the strength of the Heir to house Dulver himself, he knows that it was easily a fair contest that he won. The women gives the coin purse to a women with shoulder-length hair that slightly reveals a lean, lived-in face. Hooded blue eyes, set seductively within their sockets, watch enthusiastically as her eyes move over the patrons, moving amongst them she finds Ser Walton and hands out the coin purse to him.

"
Next is the winner of the ring toss, We had many great contestants,but in the end it was Lady Alysanne Blackwood who took the evening."
A wolfish grin appears next to Luecian, "
Better luck next time, she hums at him then slips through the crowd like a shadow of a wolf to collect her prize.

"
Last but not least is for Septon Arln! The heavyweight champion who is promising to be a stone heavier on the marrow!"
Laughter erupts through the crowd as Septon Arlyn fiegns shock, then smiles warmly as the young lady brings him his coin purse, The Septon then whispers something to her before pushing the coin purse back into the young ladies hands and gives her a fatherly kiss on the forehead. standing up he makes his announcement. "
It is with great honor that I present my prize to Lady Marielye, for without her we would have never been able to have such a fine party. Now Lets drink up! Have yourself some mutton stew! Lady Marielye here certainly spared no expense for us to have this party here, So let us give the Naked Hair some new memories that will be talked about years from now!"
Septon Arlyn begins to clap his hands and laugh wildly dancing with the grace of a dancing bear and causing the others around him to stand up and dance to the merry tune being played throughout the Naked hair. The crescendos and drums making it difficult to hear conversation, but the moments of prelude leading to many a happy glances between the women of the Bar and the men who were dancing. Septon Arlyn lost himself in the music and danced with wild abandon, letting the cares and worries of the week flow through him as he enjoyed the simple times of moving his body with the writhing mass of humanity that the NAked Hair had become.

As the music came to an end the Septon felt himself sweating and found himself a table where he could once again strike up a conversation with those who were just as exhausted to dance with him as he was.

[url=Tavern Music][/url]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down