Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourney guests & Participants

+14
Tymon Lannister
Yoren longshore
Baelon Drakeson
Benedict Marsten
Nathaniel Mason
Luecian LongBow
Davain Bartheld
Theomore Tullison
Ser Walton Dulver
Ereth Redwain
Kevan Lyras
Lady Corrine Marsten
Septon Arlyn
Reader
18 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Tourney guests &
Participants - Page 2 Empty Re: Tourney guests & Participants

Post by Reader Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:05 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:How much more is a regional tournament then a local one?

Regional = costs 5 wealth plus 2 for prizes for each event. +1d6+3 influence gain.
Local = costs 2 wealth plus 2 for prizes for the joust, additional 1 for prizes for optional melee &
archery. +1d6 Influence gain.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Hum... Well I really do love tournaments. I'd be willing to offer up one glory for the addition of archery (for you Luecian! Lol), with the idea of only donating 1 influence to the Marstens.

Or

2 glory for a regional tournament, with the favor and influence to house Marsten
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Ereth Redwain Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Reader wrote:
Septon Arlyn wrote:How much more is a regional tournament then a local one?

Regional = costs 5 wealth plus 2 for prizes for each event. +1d6+3 influence gain.
Local = costs 2 wealth plus 2 for prizes for the joust, additional 1 for prizes for optional melee &
archery. +1d6 Influence gain.

Like I mentioned adding events gives you no influence, so if you are wealth starved and need influence, this is a good gamble for me.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Ereth Redwain Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:16 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:Hum... Well I really do love tournaments. I'd be willing to offer up one glory for the addition of archery (for you Luecian! Lol), with the idea of only donating 1 influence to the Marstens.

Or

2 glory for a regional tournament, with the favor and influence to house Marsten

1 Glory = 1 Wealth does not equal 1 Influence, since the event won't earn me more influence either much less lose it for the benefit of another event.

2 Glory = 2 Wealth for Regional, +1 Influence or 2 to House Marsten (Are you not Dulver??) and Favor (Not happening) - So that's no, but thanks
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Yoren will stand ready to become tourney champion!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:57 pm

I think rolling would be the best way, but I don't mind it if others PC's don't either Yoren Smile I do see you being challenged rather quickly lol
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Reader Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:58 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:Yoren will stand ready to become tourney champion!

Hero. I enjoyed his improbable exploits last time. It's also important to keep reminding the other ironborn that you can fight a little, particularly in a style the Greenlanders normally dominate.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:00 pm

A spoonfull of prayers makes the greenlanders go down, greenlanders go down!

Last edited by 145 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:21 am

Ser Tymon Lannister will attend the wedding and participate in the tourney.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Reader Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:46 pm

First post updated with tourney participants - feel free to intrigue with one another and joust away.

- Lord Redwain will set the first five champions, then challenges can be made.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:57 pm

How exactly is this handled? I tried to look up the format in the Wiki but was unsucessful.
The champions can be challenged by anyone and the winner becomes the new champion to be challenged by others. The five remaining champions win? How many "
rounds"
are there? If somebody jousts only once in the very last round and wins his bout he is one of the Tourney's champions? (If so, what would be the advantage of going earlier?)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Reader Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:How exactly is this handled? I tried to look up the format in the Wiki but was unsucessful.
The champions can be challenged by anyone and the winner becomes the new champion to be challenged by others. The five remaining champions win? How many "
rounds"
are there? If somebody jousts only once in the very last round and wins his bout he is one of the Tourney's champions? (If so, what would be the advantage of going earlier?)

More ransoms from going early, broader choice of people to challenge. General Westerosi bragging rights. Most skilled knights will go early, but their may be the odd crafty fellow like The Snail in the mystery knight who plays things craftily and goes late. You'll note that there's one undeclared hedge knight.... Twisted Evil

Champions earn 1 glory.

Suggest Lord Redwain selects starting champions, then status rolls to determine when PCs challenge.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:27 pm

I guess Starting champions would be
Lord Ereth Redwain
Lord Forrest Frey
Ser Escobert Graen
Yoren Longshore
Lord Ricakrt Nayland

Those would be my proposed champions for me.

I have the Nayland and Frey families covered, Yoren representing the Ironborn, Ser Escobert as the House champion and Jouster.

I'm open for more ideas of course, I could put Ser Eoric instead of Yoren to represent House Tully as one of the Champions, but felt that Yoren would make for a fun and odd Champion. Not to mention the first to be more likely challenged by hedge knights and other lesser knights seeking to make a name for themselves or just to look good because of it.

Guest list updated to those invited after Day 8 + their spouses and entourage they might bring with them.

Lord Jasper Wylde
Lord Gorman Tully
Lord Forrest Frey of the Crossing
Lord Jon Charlton of Hollyholt
Lord Rickart Nayland of Hag's Mire
Lord Miraz Erenford of Heronhurst
Lord Perrin Haigh of Broadmoor
Lord Ferris Longshore
Lord Yoren Longshore
Lord Davian Bartheld
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lord Dunstan Tullison
Lord Daveth Coldbrook
Lord Baelon Drakeson
Ser Eoric Tully
Ser Jon Roxton
Ser Kevan Lyras
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Tymon Lannister
Ser Theomore Tullison
Nathaniel Mason

Some names are not there but are assumed to accompany their Head of House (like Lord Benedict)

Last edited by 193 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Reader Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Lord Tully is not riding in the tourney. Plus Yoren has a track record to defend.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:36 pm

I still sent the Tully's the invitation, they are the Lords Paramount after all, just doing the proper thing. I know some other might not show up from the list, but just figured to add names other than the players that made sense to me. Like all bannermen of House Frey.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Kevan would like to challenge Lord Rickart Nayland
[url=Status (Challenge Redwain Tourney)][/url]: 4d6+2 12

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:02 pm

Is there some kind of queue mechanic? People go in five by five as determined by status(reputation or tournaments)? People come in on a long line as determined by status, potentially seeing some champions unchallenged?

Also, there must be chances to gamble on the outcome :mrgreen:
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:16 pm

With 80 knights (and that is only the NPCs) and 5 champions, each initial champion has to survive an average of 16 (!) rounds if he wants to be crowned as a winner. Poor Lord Forrest Frey and Ser Jon will be sore after all that time in the saddle :-)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:25 pm

well I think that there could be a competition among the lower status knights to get the honor of trying to challenge the champions, would help weed out all of those knights, as well as make standing throughout the tournament for the initial champions more reasonable as well Smile .
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:29 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:With 80 knights (and that is only the NPCs) and 5 champions, each initial champion has to survive an average of 16 (!) rounds if he wants to be crowned as a winner. Poor Lord Forrest Frey and Ser Jon will be sore after all that time in the saddle :-)
You greenlanders! I take 16 lances to the chest before breakfast:P
It is not necessarily about winning, it's glory enough in standing for a few rounds. As a matter of fact I don't believe that any of the champions hope to win, that would be nearly impossible.
That is why strategic fighters will wait untill the last round, because it's the last five that are victorious.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:well I think that there could be a competition among the lower status knights to get the honor of trying to challenge the champions, would help weed out all of those knights, as well as make standing throughout the tournament for the initial champions more reasonable as well Smile .
The initial champions shouldn't stand all the way through, just as long as possible.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:52 pm

Well, I don't know.

Reader's NPC list has 10 knights of quality, if those do not include the NPC's specifically listed as participants, then we're looking at 18 strong NPC's (I have an idea regarding who the mystery NPC is), assuming that Escobert Graen and Rickard Nayland does not come in addition to those 10 knights of quality (if they indeed are knights of quality).

Then we have: Baelon, Theo, Kevan, Ben, Davain and Tymon (since Ereth says he's not a good jouster, I'll not count him here) of the PC's, bringing this up to 24 strong jousters that we know of, so let's assume 25 strong contenders besides the initial champions. But out of those NPC's there's probably no more than 3 or 4 that is better than Animal Handling 3 and Fighting 5 (we know of two). So in reality, Lord Forrest (the one most likely to stay of the initial ones) are going to face maybe two opponents that can match him, three who he usually will defeat, but will offer solid challenge, and then he'll face 12 average knights who'll loose. The challenge is to survive that first onslaught (which could be problematic due to the likelihood of injuries racking up). But it's obviously a bit of an advantage to come in after a few of those PC's and Jon Roxton. Theo plans to wait out Ben, Baelon and Kevan for example, but that has less to do with winning and more with personal reasons.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Reader Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:19 am

- The ten knights of quality are separate from those specifically listed. Nobody in Lord Redwain's household qualifies as a knight of quality.

PCs free to roll on these challenges - best to get the high quality matches out the way first then brute force a large number of matches against average knights.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:10 pm

I am still a bit unsure of how we are proceeding. Status roll and challenge one of the
current champions? Are the NCs doing the same? Do we then make a challenge initiative list and proceed?
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Reader Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:I am still a bit unsure of how we are proceeding. Status roll and challenge one of the
current champions? Are the NCs doing the same? Do we then make a challenge initiative list and proceed?

I'll let players run this, but suggestion:

- start with 5 champions.
- Then make status checks for precedence (you can defer back ONE round if desired) to challenge champions.

Sprinkle in NPCs as desired to fill out rounds (no need to roll status for them). Allocate their challenges randomly or PM me if you have a suggestion/query on who they should challenge.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Tourney guests &

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next