Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the stands (open to all guests)

+7
Septon Arlyn
Daveth Coldbrook
Ereth Redwain
Benedict Marsten
Reader
Lady Corrine Marsten
Kevan Lyras
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In the stands (open to all guests) Empty In the stands (open to all guests)

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:17 pm

With the Tourney in full swing, the wooden stands built up around the grounds at Green Fields are filled with spectators from the smallfolks and inhabitants of Greenrest Village to the noble wedding guests and the family and entourage of participants. On the main stand, there are five boxes for the current champions waiting for challengers. After his successful challenge against Ser Niall Lucas, Kevan can be found in the box designated for Lane 3, where he follows the jousting action and conversates with various guests around him.

(Open RP thread for everybody present. A bit of talking between the riding has never hurt anyone :;
): )

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

In the stands (open to all guests) Empty Re: In the stands (open to all guests)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:19 pm

Corrine cheerfully watches the tilts, with Ellie by her side, sipping pear juice and chatting animatedly.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:22 pm

Helen Dulver's hair is worn up in a bun, after the latest fashion supposedly adopted by Queen Alicent in the capital. She applauds all the knights politely and seems to be having a fine time, but reserves particular applause for her betrothed, Ser Tymon Lannister.

Lady Sabitha Vypren sits in the shade, but the older woman is a marked contrast to Helen, her eyes fixed on every match but that involving her Lord husband, the puissant Lord Forrest Frey. Perhaps she has observed him tilting enough for one lifetime, perhaps she fears for his safety or observes some superstition. Perhaps he is simply of little interest to her, if what some claim of her tastes is true.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:31 pm

Noticing the changes in Lady Sabitha's gaze, Corrine's curiosity is piqued. Excusing herself from her present company between tilts, she approaches with an amiable smile and a curtsey.

"
My Lady, might I join you in the shade?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Ellie pokes her lip out in an exaggerated pout as Corrine leaves to speak to Lord Frey's wife. It is instantly withdrawn with a shrug as she scoots closer to Gillian Kreiger. Their hands intertwine in the latter's lap, as Ellie whispers something in her ear. The two giggle. Politely as possible, of course.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:55 pm

Gillian Kriegar seems lighter of heart now, but her mind and conversation oft turns to marriage prospects during the jousts. Each knight is judged for his horsemanship and suitability - a man of talent, faith and not too high born or too low. She is the last of her father's blood and know it. Still, Ellie makes her laugh and she knows the Maiden will see matters to a happy conclusion in the end. If Lady Marsten could make a match for her grief-stricken father, surely there were prospects for her in the Vale or Riverlands?

Sabitha Vypren smiles politely at Corrine's approach.

"
There's shade enough for both of us. I don't know how they do it in heavy plate and even midday Spring sun."

Her husband is brought to earth with a great crash after a hard fought match and does not rise. Lady Sabitha does not stir - she possesses stoicism that Andals would find praiseworthy in a man but unsettling from a woman. Or perhaps she is simply uncaring or unconcerned for Lord Frey.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:58 pm

Some time later, when Lady Sabitha had time to check on her husbands well-being without attracting attention, and she was back to watching the action on the tourney ground, Ser Kevan made his way over to her, to introduce himself wuth a warm smile.
"
Lady Sabitha, my name is Kevan Lyras, a knight of House Marsten. You are enjoying the tourney so far Mylady? It is good to see yourself well."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:15 pm

Ereth arrives to the stands battered and with some bruises greeting people with a smile and making small talk when necessary until he sits next to his wife in his appropriate place reserved for them as the lord and lady of House Redwain "
Glad you can hold your drink rather well, don't mind if I accompany you with a couple of my own Alya, and toast for some fun times ahead"
Ereth winks at her wincing a bit after sitting "
I need to work on my jousting again, I have become more of a field marshal and lord than knight"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:23 pm

Reader wrote:Gillian Kriegar seems lighter of heart now, but her mind and conversation oft turns to marriage prospects during the jousts. Each knight is judged for his horsemanship and suitability - a man of talent, faith and not too high born or too low. She is the last of her father's blood and know it. Still, Ellie makes her laugh and she knows the Maiden will see matters to a happy conclusion in the end. If Lady Marsten could make a match for her grief-stricken father, surely there were prospects for her in the Vale or Riverlands?

Sabitha Vypren smiles politely at Corrine's approach.

"
There's shade enough for both of us. I don't know how they do it in heavy plate and even midday Spring sun."

Her husband is brought to earth with a great crash after a hard fought match and does not rise. Lady Sabitha does not stir - she possesses stoicism that Andals would find praiseworthy in a man but unsettling from a woman. Or perhaps she is simply uncaring or unconcerned for Lord Frey.

"
I cannot fathom it either. It must be ungodly hot in all that plate. No wonder the Dornish fight in silks,"
Corrine replies, sitting next to Lady Sabitha. She winces a little as Lord Frey crashes to the ground.

"
Oh dear. Unfortunate. I hope he's alright,"
she comments, testing the waters.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:57 pm

Ereth smiles to Alya "
Why I like strong women with some edge and thoughts of their own, knighting her was a mistake"
shaking his head "
Not to mention I hope Coldbrook's brought enough people for her safety now"
smiling guess it's a something new, there was I heard another woman in last years tournament at Riverrun too."

Last edited by 193 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Sabitha casually waves an arm.

"
My lord husband has taken worse from poorer men, albeit in skill rather than character. Ser Jon is not the sort to maim men at a tourney, although it seems they give white cloaks for such nowadays."

A pointed reference to Lord Commander Ser Criston Cole's brutal conduct is slaying Ser Joffrey Lonmouth at a tourney over a decade past.

"
As for Lord Frey's part, he is skilled enough and richly protected enough to bear a fall."

"
Such matters are not things to cause me to fret, unlike some."

Her eyes flit to the excitable Helen Dulver, living every blow of her betrothed's tilt.

Kevan Lyras wrote:Some time later, when Lady Sabitha had time to check on her husbands well-being without attracting attention, and she was back to watching the action on the tourney ground, Ser Kevan made his way over to her, to introduce himself wuth a warm smile.
"
Lady Sabitha, my name is Kevan Lyras, a knight of House Marsten. You are enjoying the tourney so far Mylady? It is good to see yourself well."

"
My thanks again Ser Kevan. I believe I have you to thank for my ability to even attend Lord Redwain's wedding and his enjoy his cider. It's only half as good as he says it is, but that still makes it a worthy refreshment."

She gestures in Loreia's direction.

"
I fear that you may have another lady to protect again soon. You are almost as unconventional as that fierce woman - aren't knight supposed to rescue damsels and maids? I am afraid neither I nor Ser Jon's vanquisher are likely to be described as such by many."

She raises an eyebrow.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:20 pm

A most unusual woman, her words sharp like swords..
"
I did what I could Mylady, but your words do surprise me a bit. Would it have been more knightly to leave you in the burning inn and look for some maid to rescue instead?"
, this time it was his turn to raise an eyebrow.
"
As for the Shieldmaiden, you have seen her ride, I doubt many of these joksters in the stands would dare to face her directly."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:24 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:A most unusual woman, her words sharp like swords..
"
I did what I could Mylady, but your words do surprise me a bit. Would it have been more knightly to leave you in the burning inn and look for some maid to rescue instead?"
, this time it was his turn to raise an eyebrow.
"
As for the Shieldmaiden, you have seen her ride, I doubt many of these joksters in the stands would dare to face her directly."

Sabitha laughs at Ser Kevan's jest.

"
Mayhap all the comely maids were taken, although I imagine any man with the curious fortune to be married to Lady Sofia would not be tempted by whatever charms I once possesed."

She looks contemptuously at the crowd.

"
They need not face her directly. A score is braver than a man, two score braver still. A guardswoman in need of guarding, by my estimation."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:27 pm

Interjecting in the conversation of Ser Kevan "
They aren't knights Ser Kevan, but if fed enough lumber to a fire, they will become a mob, and her skill will mean nothing against the masses, and by he time my men do something about it, it might not be on time to stop the damage made, let us hope she does not give them cause and just continue to joust and let her action speak instead"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:35 pm

Encouraged by the conversations turn, which was considerably more interesting than the average small talk with noble ladies, Kevan replied in line:
"
Do not sell yourself short Mylady, you still possess that charm, although I would have also saved you if you were a short balding man!"

Following her gaze to the crowd: "
You are off course right, I hope things keep under control, we had enough snallfolk revolts in the recent year.."
, turning his head around to her once again, he switched topics: "
Mylady, there is something I wanted to ask - a certain Ser Abel Redwyne was once part of your household, but left your service some time ago. I was wondering about the reasons he left?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Ereth steps out for a moment whispering to a knight bearing a white harpy that leaves barking orders as slowly more guards in mail begin to take position around the crowd, trying to find a way to defuse the situation, finding Ser Escobert and signalling to come forth and giving him some keys, he calls some men and leave for a while.

"
Let's hope this will calm them"
before "
Ser"
Loreia defends her title as champion a tall man and Ser Escober come with a cart with barrels "
Curtsy of m'lord Redwain sweet cider for the ssour taste! AN' don' forgit to behaive"
Ser Escobert near by to make the point as the dawn as the Greenrest guards are tightening their grip and securing the area.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:12 pm

Unusually for him, Daveth is actually present in the stands watching the jousting going on.

[url=Sensitive Stomach Redwain tourney (TN9)][/url]: 4d6 15

His face is stoic as he watches, slowly sipping some of his host's cider, but tasting none of it. Despite his passive look, there is clearly a good degree of tension present as he watches Ser Loreia's match against Ser Jon. While he has one of his men near him, the rest of his small guard he brought with him are not visibly present.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Encouraged by the conversations turn, which was considerably more interesting than the average small talk with noble ladies, Kevan replied in line:
"
Do not sell yourself short Mylady, you still possess that charm, although I would have also saved you if you were a short balding man!"

Following her gaze to the crowd: "
You are off course right, I hope things keep under control, we had enough snallfolk revolts in the recent year.."
, turning his head around to her once again, he switched topics: "
Mylady, there is something I wanted to ask - a certain Ser Abel Redwyne was once part of your household, but left your service some time ago. I was wondering about the reasons he left?"

"
Ser Abel is a charming knight and possessed of no small amount of talent, but perhaps a little too fond of exercising that charm on visiting ladies and a little too keen on dice and cards."

"
Sadly his enthusiasm for gambling exceeded his abilities at game of skill and chance - I believe he ran up a quite sizeable debt to several figures across the Riverlands."

"
Ser Fredryk Vance at Riverrun and he have some history I understand."

She sighs in mock frustration.

"
Men of such appetites can be controlled by them and put to good use, but my Lord husband will not countenance men of such character beneath his roof."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:16 pm

A sharp tongue and a pragmatic nature, I wonder if it is actually Lord Frey who is in charge of House Frey...

"
A rather opportunistic way to look at it, but it has some truth, I have to agree. What kind of history are you indicating? I did not take Ser Fredryk Vance to be the gambling type so he surely was not a debtee?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:21 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:A sharp tongue and a pragmatic nature, I wonder if it is actually Lord Frey who is in charge of House Frey...

"
A rather opportunistic way to look at it, but it has some truth, I have to agree. What kind of history are you indicating? I did not take Ser Fredryk Vance to be the gambling type so he surely was not a debtee?"

"
A testament to Ser Fredryk's subtetly and increased discretion with age. He loves the Tullys deeply and would not cross them, but as a young man he had few loyalties beyond them and fewer scruples. The Ser Fredryk you know now may not be the same man I remember. All the better for it."

"
How best to put it?"

"
Sufice to say that Ser Fredryk was a more competent practitioner of Ser Abel's chief pastime. Let us leave it at that and enjoy the tilting."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Kevan tilted his head slightly at the lady's commentd but chose not to press further: "
You are off course right once again, Mylady, let us not waste such a beautiful day with the past's misdeeds."

With that he turned his head once again back to the Tourney Grounds, waiting for his next opponent.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:44 am

Septon Arlyn is in the healers tent, taking care of the injured. Gods be good if they do not keep me busy enough here. It is no wonder there are so few Maester conclaves as they are all too busy caring for the injured. Septon Arlyn had mainly been assisting the knights who were too poor or from the hedge, thus not having a Maester to attend to their injuries. Suddenly the Septon hears a roar. Catcalls and viscous mockery punctuate through the thin walls of the healers tent and overcome the groans of the injured. Probably the shieldmadien, thinks Septon Arlyn. It is a pitty that so many simply judge her poorly for being a women, she is a strong warrior. I have never seen a women or even many men who are as selfless as she is in service to the weak. Prince Daemon may be a vicious heathen, but on judging Loreia's character he was quite correct. Septon Arlyn smiles. "
Shieldmadien"
the Septon rolls the word around in his mouth. Very apt. Septon Arlyn takes a moment to poke his head out from the tent. "
What in the name of the seven hells?"
Septon Arlyn mutters as he sees and hears the crash of Loreia and Ser Jon on foot, slamming together with their swords.

I may not be as strong of warrior, but from the looks of this bout this is more then simply a contest of strength and skill. This appears closer to a fight to the end. Good Gods Loreia, what are you thinking? Don't you realize that you are simply going to infuriate green tensions by this? Most jousts if both fall off you simply remount and have another pass. This is more like a trail by combat. Septon Arlyn's has worry on his brow until Bold Ser Jon throws down his sword. Septon Arlyn releases a breath he did not realize he had been holding. Thank the gods that did not continue. Septon Arlyn watched and waited. Wanting to see if Loriea would make her way to the healers tent or remain standing as champion of her lane.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:06 pm

[ooc: I guess I've been totally subsumed in my conversation, since everyone else has massively jumped ahead, so I guess I won't be speaking with Sabitha anymore. Rolling Eyes ]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:07 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:[ooc: I guess I've been totally subsumed in my conversation, since everyone else has massively jumped ahead, so I guess I won't be speaking with Sabitha anymore. Rolling Eyes ]

[OOC: not at all, Ser Kevan deliberately noted his occurred much later and I assumed you weren't present. No reason yours can't continue in this thread or elsewhere. Smile ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Reader wrote:Sabitha casually waves an arm.

"
My lord husband has taken worse from poorer men, albeit in skill rather than character. Ser Jon is not the sort to maim men at a tourney, although it seems they give white cloaks for such nowadays."

A pointed reference to Lord Commander Ser Criston Cole's brutal conduct is slaying Ser Joffrey Lonmouth at a tourney over a decade past.

"
As for Lord Frey's part, he is skilled enough and richly protected enough to bear a fall."

"
Such matters are not things to cause me to fret, unlike some."

Her eyes flit to the excitable Helen Dulver, living every blow of her betrothed's tilt.

"
Oh, of course. He is a fine warrior. I did not mean to imply doubt. I must say, it is good to see you both so well, after the unpleasantness during the royal investigation."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next