Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle of Boneway Pass

+4
Luecian LongBow
Kevan Lyras
Baelon Drakeson
Ser Jorah Holt
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Battle of Boneway Pass - Page 2 Empty Re: The Battle of Boneway Pass

Post by Loreia Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:00 pm

If Luecian can get a shot off at one of the champions before the fight starts, maybe Alysane could assist him with a shot of her own in case the enemy champion survives Luecian's attack?
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Darron Greyjoy wrote:With Jorah being the commander for the battle probably best Darron do it. So yea formal challenge from the Greyjoy for a duel.
Go ahead and create a fresh thread for that and per this thread make an awareness test. Once we have stats for your foe, we can get that going.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:02 am

Rolled awareness and added to the thread.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:32 pm

For Darron to face if somebody would like to run him

Secondary Character
Ser Ayll Sand, a renwoned Dornish raider who has troubled the Dornish Marches for many years and slew a Baratheon cousin in battle.
Agility 4 (Quickness 1B, Acrobatics 1B)
Athletics 4
Awareness 2
Cunning 4
Endurance 4
Fighting 4 Spears 3B
Status 3
Will 3

CD 9 in armour (11 inc shield)
AR 5
Attack 7d6k4+2
Damage 5 per DOS

Talented - Fighting
Weapon Master (Fighting)
Superior Breastplate
Superior Spear
Dirk

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 am

so presuming Darron joins the Connington infantry as a subcommander and Trelane as the champion, this will let him act during the battle. Anybody else want to control Alys (Daveth maybe) so that PCs can stay involved.

First thing is for our forces to close to the corner as currently neither force can see each other. Darron, as presuming the lowest warfare score, you can go first so no accumulated penalties cause any issues.

You roll for command vs their discipline, then issue an order presuming you are successful

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:10 pm

The Battle of Boneway Pass: Warfare: 3d6 6

Passed it, was their a discussion as to what the plan for battle was? If so Darron would be following that.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:32 pm

there wasn't as until recently I was the only active player in control of units. currently block their approach, hit them with archers and finish them with the cavalry

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Ok then moving to C27 which is their 40 yards.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:21 pm

Darron Greyjoy wrote:Ok then moving to C27 which is their 40 yards.
Which unit?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Oh I was ordering the unit im attached to the connington infantry.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:57 pm

[OOC Sorry for the delay. Infantry have a move of 40 (assuming they don't have upgraded armor), but these are mountain roads and still slow movement, each road "square" takes 20 yards of movement to enter, and each non-road mountain square takes 30 yards to enter.

However, you moved them in a straight line, so they could sprint at 4x movement. That means they could make it as far as C24, at which point they would have only 20 yards left, not enough to leave the road (which would take 30 yards of movement.

So, C27 is certainly an option, but they can go farther if you want.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:30 pm

I see ok C24 then.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:32 pm

Turn 1 - Wyl Order 1
"Edric, take your archers and get on the high ground to keep watch. I know they're out there and we don't want to be taken by surprise."
Command unit WV: 5d6k3 16 vs TN 3.
Unit WV moves (sprint) to C11

Code:
-| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33|
-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
A|X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
B|M  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |M  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
C|.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |/  |/WA|MWV|.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |M  |.CI|.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.VC|.  |.BA|.  |
D|.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |/I2|/I1|M  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.TI|.TA|.TC|
E|X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |/  |/I3|M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |M  |M  |M  |
F|X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |/  |/  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
X = Impassable (no movement, blocks line of sight if between lower areas)
M = Mountain (very slow movement: -20, no cavalry, blocks line of sight if between lower areas, +2b if attacking a lower terrain)
. = Mountain Road (slow movement: -10)
/ = Tunnels (+2 Defense)

WA: Trained Archers  – Marksmanship 4, Agility 3, champion(Alyn).
WV: Veteran Archers – Marksmanship 5, Agility 4. Upgraded Weapons, Armour, champ(Edric) 
I1: Trained Infantry 1 – Fighting 3, Endurance 3, Athletics 3
I2: Trained Infantry 2 – Fighting 3, Endurance 3, Athletics 3
I3: Trained Infantry 3 – Fighting 3, Endurance 3, Athletics 3, commander(Mors)
CI: Trained Connington Infantry – Trelane Subcommander
BA: Veteran Blackwood Archers - Aly subcommander, luecian champion
VC: Veteran Cavalry
TC: Trained Cavalry - Jorah attached
TI: Trained Infantry
TA: Trained Archers
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:41 am

"Commander Alys, take some high ground. Get ready to pick off any of their units when you see them."

command archers: 5d6k4 13
sprint to D28

ooc
doh thought I was waiting on Baelon

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:31 pm

Turn 1 - Wyl Order 2
"Ser Mors, we've got archers climbing a ridge down pass."
"Alright Edric, you know what to do."

Order Archers Fire (2nd order): 5d6k3 12 vs TN 6, Success.
Marksmanship Attack (w/champ): 6d6 17 vs CD ??
I'm not seeing stats for your units anywhere, so I don't know exactly how many DoS, but it's bad no matter what.
If Aly's archers have CD of 7 or less, they take 21 damage and are destroyed, regardless of their armor.
If they have CD of 8-12, it is 2 DoS for 14 damage.
-If they have standard armor, they would take 12 damage and be destroyed.
-If they have upgraded armor, they would take 11 damage, be reduced to 0 health, and be disorganized.

If they are destroyed, Aly takes 13 damage (ignores AR). If the unit is just disorganized, she takes 3 (ignores AR).
(sorry Daveth)

Code:
-| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33|
A|X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
B|M  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |M  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
C|.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |/  |/WA|MWV|.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |M  |.CI|.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.VC|.  |.  |.  |
D|.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |/I2|/I1|M  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |MBA|.  |.  |.TI|.TA|.TC|
E|X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |/  |/I3|M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |M  |M  |M  |
F|X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |/  |/  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
X = Impassable (no movement, blocks line of sight if between lower areas)
M = Mountain (very slow movement: -20, no cavalry, blocks line of sight if between lower areas, +2b if attacking a lower terrain)
. = Mountain Road (slow movement: -10)
/ = Tunnels (+2 Defense)

WA: Trained Archers  – Marksmanship 4, Agility 3, champion(Alyn).
WV: Veteran Archers – Marksmanship 5, Agility 4. Upgraded Weapons, Armour, champ(Edric) 
I1: Trained Infantry 1 – Fighting 3, Endurance 3, Athletics 3
I2: Trained Infantry 2 – Fighting 3, Endurance 3, Athletics 3
I3: Trained Infantry 3 – Fighting 3, Endurance 3, Athletics 3, commander(Mors)
CI: Trained Connington Infantry – Trelane Subcommander
BA: Veteran Blackwood Archers - Aly subcommander, luecian champion
VC: Veteran Cavalry
TC: Trained Cavalry - Jorah attached
TI: Trained Infantry
TA: Trained Archers
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:46 pm

(No idea on the stats for the House Blackwood Archers, but Luecian will take similar damage once it's defined. If they end up only disorganized, Luecian will likely attempt to try to organize/rally them when hero actions are next allowed...though it's not 100% clear to me when exactly that would be. If they are destroyed, I guess he will deal with the damage and try to link up with the other archer unit. Patience appreciated as I'm not overly familiar with the warfare rules.)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:33 pm

[OOC Ah right, I forgot Luecian was attached as well. Hero actions happen in two phases: 5 "rounds" between siege and unit orders, then 5 more "rounds" between unit orders and the standing order phase. While attached, heroes provide +1D to the unit's fighting and marksmanship tests and -3 to the difficulty to give commands to those units, so even while you are not "active" you provide benefit.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Ser Jorah's force holds the pass entrance, but the Dornish attacks seem to have stopped.

Scouts sent forward reveal that the enemy is no longer to be found in the pass, and the tunnel they had been using has been collapsed behind them.

[OOC: For the sake of quick of a quick resoltion:
Upon receiving word of the fall of Wyl, the Dornish force withdrew.
All units involved are from NC houses, so I'm just handwaving away the mechanical resolution to this.
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2