Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snakes in the Grass [Ser Kevan Lyras]

5 posters

Go down

Snakes in the Grass [Ser Kevan Lyras] Empty Snakes in the Grass [Ser Kevan Lyras]

Post by Reader Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Ser Kevan's men dragged themselves back towards the Targaryen camp after failing to turn back the Dornish sally, the evening sky illuminated by the blazing siege engines and rams that declared their defeat to the whole camp.

The redoubtable Ser Kevan had given up his steed to see two of the most gravely injured Golden Arrows back to camp swiftly, but these were men that at least had the strength to ride. Now he crawled back in a wagon with the worst of the wounded.

The crawl was too slow.

Pursuing Dornish cavalry shied at the Targaryen's circle of wooden spikes, all bar one man.

Ser Antony Baldrick's swimming fox with an adder astride it on Wyl yellow was a curious sigil, but the uncommonly sigiled knight showed uncommon horsemanship. He cleared the Targaryen defences with a single leap from his steed.

[url=Marksmanship (aim)][/url]: 7d6k4 20 - 2 DoS = 12 Damage = horse slain

Davron, one of the finest archers in the now depleted Golden Arrows summoned his last strength to recklessly rise to one knee on the wagon, loosing an arrow that sunk deep in to Ser Antony's steed. Davron clutched Ser Kevan's shoulder, murmuring "
Tell Katriona I am sorry, she was right"
, before passing out from the pain.

[url=Animal Handling (ride)][/url]: 6d6k4 22

But such was sufficient only to slow Ser Antony, not to stop the victorious knight. He leapt clear of his stricken mount, rising with steel in his hand to descend on the Targaryen wagon of injured soldiers.

[url=Initiative][/url]: 4d6k3-4 12
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Snakes in the Grass [Ser Kevan Lyras] Empty Re: Snakes in the Grass [Ser Kevan Lyras]

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:10 pm

The Marsten knight was walking besides the wagon, in which the archers of his brother slowly rode back to the camp. He had very little time to organize the defense of the siege weapons, but that did not excuse his poor decisions and it had been his men that paid the price for that. He looked up to the camp, which was still quite some distance away, before looking back at the enemy. The Dornish on their steeds were clearly visible against the siege engines put to the torch.
Then it all happened so fast, Kevan had little time to fully comprehend it. The Dornish champion leaped across the barricades and seemingly at the same time trusted Davron let fly his arrow felling the horse. Kevan turned around, while shouting to his second in command: "
Lachlan, get the wounded back to the camp!"

He clutches his sword and raises his shield, awaiting his nimble foe...

Kevan
CD: 14 / (11)
AR 11
Health 12/12 (I guess health is back to full after the battle?)
F/I/W: 0/0/0

[url=Initiative - Wyl retreat][/url]: 3d6-3 6
Spend fatigue on attack or knockdown

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Snakes in the Grass [Ser Kevan Lyras] Empty Re: Snakes in the Grass [Ser Kevan Lyras]

Post by Reader Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:02 pm

"
Surrender Ser, and you and your men shall be held for ransom despite your trespass,"
yells Ser Antony, springing at the defeated Targaryen commander.

Despite his bold words, Ser Antony fought within himself, giving as much thought to defence as offence as he tested his opponent's abilities. His blade proved as able as his horsemanship, wearing down the Marsten bannerman.

Ser Antony
CD: 8+3 = 11
AR: 10
Health: 12/12
I/W/F: 0/0/0
Lesser action: move to enage
Lesser action: [url=Cautious attack][/url]: 7d6k4+1 24 - 3 DoS = 15 damage - 11 AR = 4 Damage
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:01 am

Kevan does not anwer, concentrating only on his attack. He was determined to give his men as much time as possible to save the wounded and this duel gave him the chance to do just that. At Ser Antony's attack he quickly raised his shield to meet the blade, but he got hit by Antony's sword nonetheless. Realizing that his opponent could hit him despite focusing more on his own defense, Kevan tried to topple his foe by ramming his shoulder against Ser Antony's shield and quickly followed that with a strike from his bastard sword.

[url=Knockdown Antony][/url]: 4d6-1 9 vs Passive Agility
Attack (assumes knockdown, otherwise Drop 1 random dice): [url=Attack Anthony][/url]: 7d6k6+1-1 21: 3 DoS * 5dmg = 15-10 AR = 5
If agility higher than 2: [url=Drop random dice][/url]: 1d7 6 ->
20 (if this is the case, I spend the BoTA bonus to increase this to 3 DoS)
If knockdown was not successful: Activate anointed benefit (+5), if knockdown was sucessful: Only spend fatigue point on attack or knockdown attempt

Kevan
CD: 11
AR 11
Health 8/12
F/I/W: 1/0/0

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:32 pm

[I checked the Warfare thread to see whether I used the BoTA bonus, but not the orginal commander thread. There, I used it, so it is not available anymore. Please disregard what I wrote above with regard to it.]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:46 pm

Ser Kevan's stalwart defence saved him from Ser Antony's fierce attack, as the Dornishman's shield bash and succession of overhand blows were both resisted.

Round 2
[url=Knockdown][/url]: 4d6 15 - fails thanks to Anointed
[url=Cautious attack][/url]: 7d6k4+1 19 - No damage
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:34 pm

Making a step back to deflect Antony's strike, Kevan quickly moved to his left and knocked his foe down with a backhand blow by his shield hand. Before the Dornish knight regained his balance, Kevan's blade came down on him, leaving a bloody trail on the man's swordarm.

[url=Knockdown Anthony][/url]: 4d6-1 13 ->
prone
[url=Attack Anthony][/url]: 7d6k6+1-1 28: 4 DoS vs CD11 (8+3) = 20 - 10 AR = 10 damage

Kevan
CD: 11
AR 11
Health 8/12
F/I/W: 1/0/0

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:52 pm

Ser Antony attempted to haul his foe down with him, but Ser Kevan mwas as immovable as the Vale's mountains.

Unable to find his feet, Ser Antony thrust upwards, catching the Andal knight in the gap between breastplate and arm.

The adder's champion had drawn early blood, but now found himself at a tactical disadvantage against the invader...

Ser Antony
CD 8
AR 10
Health 2/12
I/W/F 0/0/0

Lesser action: [url=Knockdown][/url]: 4d6 10
Lesser action: [url=attack][/url]: 7d6k5+1 27 4 DoS = 20 Damage - 11 AR = 9 Damage
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:26 pm

Kevan easily parried Ser Antony's attempt to trip him up, but the following upward thrust, he did not anticipate. The Marsten commander sighted in pain, as the blade penetrated the unprotected part of his arm and his shoulder pad got drained in warm blood. However, he quickly shook off the pain and dropped his heavy shield to compensate for the lack of power in his injured arm. He then grabbed the hilt of his new sword with both hands. Putting his whole weight into the swing, he brought the weapon on down his foe's shoulder. The Dornish champion, still on his knees tried to bring up his shield, but he was to slow...

Action
[url=Attack Anthony (Aim+Two-handed)][/url]: 8d6k6+1-2 26 vs 8 = 4DoS*7=28dmg-10= 18 damage

Kevan
CD: (10) 7
AR 11
Health 2/12
F/I/W: 1/1/0

If the fight continues:
spend fatigue point on attack or knockdown attempt

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:57 pm

[OOC: Ser Anthony cannot take enough injuries to survive and is therefore defeated, victory chooses consequence - death, maiming, ransom etc.]

The Dornishman had enjoyed the better of the early exchanges, but the Andal invader's desperate tactics had prevailed.

As the blow crunched in to his shoulder, Ser Anthony's thoughts were of his old Master-of-arms reminding him that he should put as much energy in to defence as he did in to attack. If he'd just strained a little harder, perhaps he could have avoided his fate and it would be foreign blood that fed Dorne's soil today, rather than his own.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:09 pm

Kevan made sure his opponent was defeated, before he lowered his defense. He quickly checked his surroundings. The wagon with the wounded had made only little way towards the camp and the other pursuers had stayed behind the wooden spikes - far enough so they did not pose an immediate threat. He raised his hand at the wagon and shouted at his men: "
Lachlan! Stop the wagon, we have another passenger!"
. He quickly cleaned his sword and put it back in the scabbard over his shoulder. Then, he kicked away the weapon of Ser Anthony, before kneeling next to the wounded man.
"
Ser, I hereby take you in custody and count on your knightly vows that you do not try escape."

With a few quick hand movements, he applied a makeshift bandage to the bloody wound using a part of his cape. His work was temporary and Maester Ronnel would not have been happy with his technique, but Kevan thought the bandage was good enough to ensure that the Dornish would survive until they reached their camp.
His attacker was moaning in pain throughout the process as Kevan did not care much for being gentle, but rather worked as efficiently as possible without worsening the situation. As he was done, he lifted the man up and pulled him over to the wagon, where Lachlan helped him to position the bloody body on the loading area between the wounded archers. His men showed little sympathy for the knight that had killed their peers, but none said anything against it. They were under Kevan's command long enough to know that the Marsten commander would not leave anybody to die alone on the battlefield, even if it was an enemy. Judging from the severity of the wound, it was unlikely that he would fight again anytime soon...

[OOC: Kevan tries to keep him alive to possibly ransom him back, whether that is successful or not should be up to the Narrator's discretion]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:10 pm

[ooc: you can execute him, random him for wealth equal to his status (3) or exchange him for some of the captured golden arrows (reducing their training level loss from -2 to -1)]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:54 pm

[I exchange Ser Anthony for the Golden Arrows after the Campaign against Wyl is wrapped up. Until then, he is a prisoner in the Marsten Camp, where he is treated with as it is usual to a aptured enemy knight and his wound is taken care of by a camp maester / septa. Exchange scene to be played out once the other battles are finished *hint at Jorah and Theo*]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:31 pm

ooc
Just waiting on reader to give me the proper set-up for that battle. That and a PC who was supposed to be joining me is now awol

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:ooc
Just waiting on reader to give me the proper set-up for that battle. That and a PC who was supposed to be joining me is now awol
I suspect this is me...if so let me know if you need me to do anything at this time Jorah.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:
I suspect this is me...if so let me know if you need me to do anything at this time Jorah.

the battle hasn't been started yet, so I will give you a shout when we are good to go. If any more of the new PCs are looking to join a battle, people can join here if they want

viewtopic.php?f=219&
t=2799

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:
Luecian LongBow wrote:

the battle hasn't been started yet, so I will give you a shout when we are good to go. If any more of the new PCs are looking to join a battle, people can join here if they want

viewtopic.php?f=219&
t=2799

I would note, however, that this is a politically complicated war;
an excessive response by the Green Prince Aemond to weak evidence of wrong-doing. Participation will be noted by various parties.

I'd not be surprised if Kevan is accused of losing his battle intentionally, being from a house that has taken such a sudden and notable swing to the Blacks after being a bastion of Green support for so long under Isobel.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down