Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To cheer the hearts before storming the walls

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To cheer the hearts before storming the walls Empty To cheer the hearts before storming the walls

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:33 am

Armed retinue galloped towards open ground between camp of Targaryen's army and Wyl's castle. In center of group was riding tall and massive knight, wearing full plate armor without any decorations. He had longsword in his scabbard and greatsword attached to his saddlebags. He was riding next to old captain of guard, who also kept his war lance and large shield for him.

Ser Walton was riding on massive, black destrier, which put his hoofs with grace and pride. Horse had full plate barding, polished to shine in sun, just as it's owner's armor.

As soon as they stopped in the middle of distance, old captain shouted towards the walls.

"
Ser Walton Dulver, heir of House Dulver and Stony Heath, vassal of House Lannister and servant of House Targaryen, will stand against Your champion! And with Seven guiding his hand, challenges representative of House Wyl to melee duel!"

After last words Ser Garred spit to the ground and straightened in his saddle, while Ser Walton jumped down his horse and gave scabbard with longsword to captain. Then, with one, long move, he pulled greatsword off scabbard attached to his saddlebags, and gave horse's bridle to one of other men. Dulvers' heir knelt with sword sword stuck into the ground, with lowered head whispering prayer to Seven Gods...

Ser Walton
CD: 9
AR: 11, Bulk 3
HP: 12/12
F/I/W: 0/0/0

[url=initiative Wyl][/url]: 4d6-3 15

[P.S. Opponent take -1D to his attacks during first round. Sinister benefit.]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

To cheer the hearts before storming the walls Empty Re: To cheer the hearts before storming the walls

Post by Reader Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Ser Josef Wyl sat astride a white charger, House Wyl's yellow trapping shielding his mount from the sun.

"
Ser Walton, I, Ser Josef of House Wyl stand ready to turn back your encroachment, just as my family's army stands ready to turn back your intrusion on our lands! Seven guide both our hands 'til there is no strength left to us or one man cries hold!"

He dipped his lance in salute to his bold or foolhardy opponent, but made no move to dismount to even the odds, seemingly content to study his outwardly pious foeman.

CD: 10
AR: 10
Health: 12/12

Round 1
[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6-4 2
Greater Action (one it is his turn): Pass.

[OOC: you're both some distance apart from one another (50 yards or so, given the expectation was a joust), and as requested you are not mounted.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

To cheer the hearts before storming the walls Empty Re: To cheer the hearts before storming the walls

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:03 pm

Ser Walton shrugged his shoulders, opening his hands in gesture of indifference

"
I have orders from graciously reigning King Targaryen and I will do whatever he commands. It's House Wyl, who wanted to gain attention, so they got it. Yield or prepare for Targaryen's anger, delivered by my hand, Ser."

Ser Walton slowly took out greatsword off his back and expecting charge, took fighting stance, with blade ready to strike as opponent gets closer.

"
And now, with all due respect, if You don't plan to surrender, take out Your steel and let's get it over with."

Ser Walton
CD: 9

Action: Weapon Ready, +2 damage (?)
Initiative for future: 15
[P.S. Opponent take -1D to his attacks during first round. Sinister benefit.]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:12 am

Round 2

[OOC: please confirm that Walton simply counterattacks again]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Walton simply waits preparing for rider to get closer, improving his grip on greatsword.

Action: Counterattack
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:19 pm

Round 2

Ser Josef scoffs, barely audible at this distance. His words, however, ring out loud and true.
"
Lies! This ignoble act of aggression against Dorne will not be forgiven. Come, coward. Mount and fight like the knight you claim to be."

He couches his lance, it's razor tip pointing square at the large man.
"
Or, if you be too afraid of a horse, come at me - whether you wish to die afoot or on horse is of no concern to me."

Ser Josef begins moving forward.
Laughing, he adds, "
Or stand there pissing yourself, and show your men how craven you truly are."

[OOC: current distance: 16 yards)
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:35 pm

Ser Walton simply waits motionless and focused, indifferent towards all noise made by Ser Wyl. Nasty grin appeared on his faces, while Walton thought empty vessels make most sound...

Action: Counterattack
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:41 pm

Round 3
Ser Josef laughs again. "
I can smell the piss from here!"

He saunters closer.
"
And there's the puddle! I can see it!"

He spits, the loogie striking the ground at Ser Walton's feet.
"
Are you ready, piss-boy? I'm coming.... unless you wanna beg mercy an' run back to your mother?"

OOC:
Moves to 5 yards away.

Will take fatigue if attacked.

Ser Josef
Health 12/12
CD 10, AR 10
Inj/Ftg: 0/0
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:56 am

Spent fatigue point for movement, standing next to Ser Wyl now. Will take fatigue point if attacked.
[url=Standard Attack, Superior Greatsword][/url]: 9d6k6+1-1 20, 2DoS? 20dmg-10AR=10dmg

Ser Walton suprised that opponent didn't charge him, with few long steps approached knight. Ser Wyl made to dodge the blow partially, so most of impact went of his armor.

Ser Walton
CD: 9 (12)
F/I/W: 1/0/0
OOC: amazing roll, I had previous for counterattack with the same dices etc, which would effect in double kill almost, but with this one he doesn't even need to take injury...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:25 am

[Beating a test's difficulty by 10-14 is 3 DoS. Your attack does 20 damage after armor.]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:27 am

Loreia wrote:[Beating a test's difficulty by 10-14 is 3 DoS. Your attack does 20 damage after armor.]

[Ser Wyl took fatigue point to increase his CD, what made difference]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:06 am

[Whoops, you're right, carry on Smile ]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:28 pm

Ser Josef was expecting a hard blow, but not quite that hard.
"
Not bad.... but now you're mine, piss-boy."

The Dornish knight's horse rears up onto two legs and brings it's prodigious weight down onto the Dulver knight, sending crashing to the ground.
Then, using his advantage of superior height, he drives his lance downward into his foe. His horse taking a step closer, driving the steel thorn deeper, the hole it made tearing wider and wider.
Ser Josef strains to pull his lance out, but it refuses to budge, gripped tight by the torn steel of Ser Walton's punctured plate.

Lesser Action: [url=Knockdown Ser Walton (+2b from pass, 1 fatigue)][/url]: 6d6k4-1 20 (would knockdown up to agility 5, so I'm assuming success)
Lesser Action: [url=Standard Attack][/url]: 11d6k6-1 30 vs CD 12, 4 DoS 9 Damage per DoS = 36 - 11AR = 25. Ser Walton is Impaled.
[url=Impale Disarm][/url]: 4d6 15 vs TN 9 Ser Josef maintains his grip on the lance.
Dice Math: 5 Fighting, +1D Knockdown, +2b spears, +3b AH, +1b unmounted foe, -1b training, -1 fatigue = 11d6k6-1
Damage Math: 3 AH, +4 War Lance, +2 for horse not moving = 9 per DoS
Take fatigue for extra lesser action
Lesser Action: [url=Remove lance][/url]: 4d6-2 8 vs TN 14, fails.

Will take fatigue if attacked.

CD: 10
AR: 10
Health: 2/12
F/I/W: 2/0/0
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Must take wound, I guess? Will take fatigue point to ignore wound penalty [url=Standard Attack, Superior Greatsword][/url]: 9d6k6-1 242DoS=20dmg-10AR=10dmg

[url=Stand up][/url]: 4d6k3-6 7+2=9 (fatigue point denied penalty from wound, so SUCCESS)

Ser Walton's armlet broke with loud crack, letting lance to get through armor. Painful grimace appeared on his face, followed by nasty curse. Despite pain, Ser Walton swung with his greatsword, hitting his foe, but once again his blade slipped off armor, so much of impact went to the air.

Having short moment of relief, Dulver tried to stand up. He kneeled on one knee, struggling through pain... Young Dulver was hurt, but also sure that Ser Wyl doesn't have much left in this battle. While standing up, Ser Walton shouted ''Surrender Wyl! You know it's over! Save yourself when you still can and surrender!''

[ooc: that's way much more than my basic game knowledge what Baelon just did. Ouch :-) ]

Last edited by 179 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:16 pm

[OOC if I count correctly, that's your 3rd fatigue: 1 for movement, 1 to ignore AP, 1 to ignore wound penalty
So your check (normally +1) should have been -2, lowering it to 23 which is only 2 DoS, for 10 damage after AR.
Ser Josef takes 3 injuries to reduce that to 0. He is battered and bleeding, but not dead yet.]

Ser Josef
Health 2/12
CD 10 (14), AR 10
Inj/Ftg: 3/3
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:29 pm

Baelon wrote:[OOC if I count correctly, that's your 3rd fatigue: 1 for movement, 1 to ignore AP, 1 to ignore wound penalty
So your check (normally +1) should have been -2, lowering it to 23 which is only 2 DoS, for 10 damage after AR.
Ser Josef takes 3 injuries to reduce that to 0. He is battered and bleeding, but not dead yet.]

Ser Josef
Health 2/12
CD 10 (14), AR 10

[ooc: I thought that fatigue is counted from next round. Then I will do something with second action maybe. Will update as soon as at pc. Can I attempt to knockdown from my back or something?]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:[url=Stand up][/url]: 4d6k3-6 7 (fatigue removes penalties for one roll, not round, right? If for round, it would be 9 rolled. Penalties are: -3 armor and -3 fatigue, right?)

[OOC: the positive effect of taking a fatigue (ignoring your wound) lasts until the start of your next turn, so you would only have the -6 from fatigue and AP.
That means you would keep the 4th die, for an exact 9, just barely what you need to stand.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Updated, my round is done.

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:Must take wound, I guess? Will take fatigue point to ignore wound penalty [url=Standard Attack, Superior Greatsword][/url]: 9d6k6-1 242DoS=20dmg-10AR=10dmg

[url=Stand up][/url]: 4d6k3-6 7+2=9 (fatigue point denied penalty from wound, so SUCCESS)

Ser Walton's armlet broke with loud crack, letting lance to get through armor. Painful grimace appeared on his face, followed by nasty curse. Despite pain, Ser Walton swung his greatsword, hitting his foe, but once again his blade slipped off armor, so much of impact went to the air.

Having short moment of relief, Dulver tried to stand up. He kneeled on one knee, struggling through pain... Young knight was hurt, but also sure that Ser Wyl doesn't have much left in this battle. While standing up, Ser Walton shouted ''Surrender Wyl! You know it's over! Save yourself when you still can and surrender!''

[ooc: that's way much more than my basic game knowledge what Baelon just did. Ouch :-) ]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Ser Josef
Health 2/12
CD 10 (14), AR 10

The sons of Dorne were not so easily conquered. Ser Josef cast aside his lance and brought his longsword down on the invader, striking a blow that rang out across the field.

Free action: drop lance
Lesser action: draw longsword
Spend fatigue to ignore injury penalties for a round
Lesser action: [url=Attack Walton][/url]: 10d6k5-4 23
= 3 DoS = 7 Damage Per Dos = 21 Damage - 11AR = 10 Damage
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:51 pm

Took fatigue to ignore wound penalty.
Reckless attack adds +1D, so makes 10d6k7 from 10d6k6, right?
[url=Superior Greatsword reckless attack][/url]: 10d6k7-3 32-10CD= 4DoS*10dmg-10AR=30dmg, Finally DEAD
[url=remove lance][/url]: 5d6-4 9 Took 1 injury from removing lance by himself, right? I know Septon could do it easily, but that's not badass enough.
Brutal kill TN15: 7d6k5-4 21

Ser Walton blocked opponent's blow with forearm and raised greatsword above his head. Under devastating blow, dornish armor cracked and let the blade drive deep into Ser Wyl's body, ripping him almost into half- from shoulder down. Dornish knight had no chance to survive this one and now was loosely sitting in saddle, leaned to front, with blood dripping on horse's mane. Ser Walton put his sword back on his back.

With one quick pull, Ser Walton ripped out lance from his shoulder and armor, what made wound fill with blood quickly. Dulver tossed it to the side, and caught horse by bridle. "
Poor bastard... Say hello to Stranger from me, Ser Josef."
, he spit to the ground at the end of his words. He calmly led the horse with dead, bouncing body towards Dulvers' lines.

"
Take the horse to my pavilion and prepare for assault. Put body on wagon, cover it with something and return to Wyls."
young, fatigued Dulver threw few quick orders to his soldiers.

That was it. No cheers, no joy, only short "
And bring wine."
, as the main part of war was still to come...

Ser Walton
CD: 4 (9)
HP: 2/12
F/I/W: 4/1/1

Last edited by Ser Walton Dulver on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:07 pm

[OOC: It would actually make it 11d6k7, as it is an additional rolled die as well as kept. It would also be at -4 for fatigue, including the one that you took to ignore the wound penalty - not that it really matters in this case. Your mechanics for removing the lance are correct.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Baelon wrote:[OOC: It would actually make it 11d6k7, as it is an additional rolled die as well as kept. It would also be at -4 for fatigue, including the one that you took to ignore the wound penalty - not that it really matters in this case. Your mechanics for removing the lance are correct.]

OOC: I have 9d6k6 normally, so 1d6 more makes it 10d6k6, my mistake when I wrote previous post (wrote 10d6k6 as basic roll, sorry...). Also I was using Superior Weapon, so -4 is reduced to -3 :;
): thanks for watching anyway.

/SCENE
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:19 pm

A few whiles later, in Dulvers' pavillion...

"
I do not agree, Walton. At least consider my words, boy!"
Maester's voice thundered across the tent.
"
There's nothing to consider. Look at Your chain and try to recall meaning of word DUTY"
Ser Walton's shoulder was already bandaged, but mark of blood sunk through cloth. His voice was calm, but cold. "
I said clearly once. I'm not in mood to repeat my orders..."
His every word was said slowly, almost with threat.
"
But... Walton, Your father... He expects me to watch over You, what will I say to him?"
Maester voice wasn't so steady now.
"
You won't have to say a thing. I will speak to him by myself, as soon as our expedition ends."
Walton was relentless.
"
Your wounds... Your shoulder is in terrible shape, Walton. I honestly advise against participating in battle. Please, listen to voice of common sense, my voice for that matter..."
Maester was trying all he could, believing less and less in chance to convince young knight.
"
Wounds or not, I have responsiblities to fullfill. I am Dulver for Seven's sake!"

After short while of silence, Maester turned away and started to search the coffers. Finally he drew small flask. While he was handing it over to knight, he only added begging "
But please remember, boy- it will take pain away, but it won't make You immortal..."
He was looking at Walton with sad and worried eyes "
May Warrior protect You on battlefield, boy. Stay safe and come back to us in health."
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:08 am

The maester was not the only man making a call upon Ser Walton after the fight, though Theomore's concerns lay elsewhere than patching up the warrior. "
How are you faring, Ser Walton?"
A glance at the maester happened to give more than enough answer.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:08 pm

Walton turned to guest, but he was still paying most attention for preparations to battle again. "
Thank You, Ser, I'm fine. It's just a flesh wound."
Bloody spot on his shoulder, even covered with bandage, denied those words. "
I need to put on those plates and I'm ready to go."
While Walton was moving, it was obvious that he doesn't want or just can't raise his left arm. "
Maester here, in his kindness, used his above average healing skills to aid his House as much as it was possible."
Sight, Ser Walton looked at Maester, was cold.

"
Is there something You wanted to speak about before Assault, Ser Theomore?"
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next