Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To cheer the hearts before storming the walls

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

To cheer the hearts before storming the walls - Page 2 Empty Re: To cheer the hearts before storming the walls

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:41 pm

"
Just checking, ser, a commander should know the state of his captains. Besides, Lord Dulver would likely be wexed if his son and heir returned in a box, and you did take a heavy hit, the last man I saw taking a hit like that is no longer with us."
Horag was waiting for him at the stranger's table, like all the rest, a trickle of blood from the hole in his chest.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

To cheer the hearts before storming the walls - Page 2 Empty Re: To cheer the hearts before storming the walls

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Walton smiled on Theomore's last words "
All I can say is, that it's not easy to kill Dulver. Our enemies should have that in mind"

Following words young knight started calmly, but ended with loud laugh "
As I said- flesh wound, Theomore. But it was last time I gambled drunk."

At the end he lifted jug from standing in corner table, and offered to Tulison "
Wine before we start?"
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:23 pm

"
Wine has a tendency to dull one's wit, ser, I do not take any before I place the lives of those under my command at risk."
Or his own, for that matter, but he had no plans of doing that today. "
You should leave the blood on your armor, ser, good for morale, but I think it prudent, given the state of your arm to have you in the rear, ser. The mere presence of the invincible Ser Walton Dulver will make a greater impact when a thousand men take the field than that sword."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:03 pm

"
Life's short, Ser. And soldier would put it at risk more eager to order of man he knows. On battlefield You must count on man standing next to You, no matter was his father great lord, swineherd or Prince of Pentos. That's also why place in the rear is no place for Dulver. I want bring Targaryens house shield from Wyl's great hall. And I will."
For one moment everybody thought that Dulver will toss jug to the ground, but consciousness it's the only jug within reach, seemed to stop Stony Heath's heir.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:29 pm

"
I had not thought to make the Dulver troops the tip of the spear, Ser Walton, your men are hardened in battle and better trained than the other thousand or so footmen that has flocked to Prince Aemond's banner here, I think it prudent to hold them in reserve until I know where the hammer needs to strike."
Theomore cannot help but feel a little satisfied with the play of words. "
Also, I had a mind to let you be seen by those of our troops most critical to our success in this battle, and those are the engineers and archers that will ensure that the men charging across the field will not get massacred before they reach the walls."

"
But when we have softened up the defenses and the fight will be decided by sword rather than missiles, we will require your inspiring presence where resistance is thickest, ser."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:32 pm

Walton gave that thought a while, before nodding his head with acceptance "
Fine, Ser Theomore. Let's weaken them, find an opening and strike killing blow."
Ser Walton reached out his hand towards Tullison, in gesture of acceptance. "
Dulvers are rough and ready"
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:44 pm

"
Glad to hear it, ser."
Theomore clasps the offered hand. Perhaps he should see about maybe giving Walton the chance to make a name for himself by being the first into the breach...though was he that tough? The Dulvers would be displeased if he risked Walton's life, given what the maester would report about his health. And they would most likely not have such a strong desire to have his words accepted as truth as was the case at Riverrun. A gamble if there ever was one, probably best not to take? If the battle went according to design and fortune once again could be bent to his will, he would not have to. If not, then risking Ser Walton's sacrifice to achieve victory was a move that could be made. But no matter, time will tell, it always did.

"
I believe I should be on my way, ser. There are nearly two thousand men placed under my command, and they will fight harder if I am not simply some faceless knight few of them have heard much about."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:07 am

"
See You in Wyl's great hall, Ser"
Walton finished shortly.

/scene?
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:25 am

"
Please save some of his finest Dornish Red for me, ser"
Wine...odds were that he'd have his hands full preventing rape and horror without becoming unpopular.

/scene
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2