Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Creation

+7
Gwyneth Drakeson
Ayleth Bartheld
Ser Jorah Holt
Benedict Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten
Kevan Lyras
Yoren longshore
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Character Creation Empty Character Creation

Post by Yoren longshore Tue May 10, 2016 7:34 pm

You will experience world from a different point of view for this short interlude. There is no such thing as "
rights"
for most of you. If you choose to play the replacement Maester, or a knight you will have some status, but compared to the characters in the main storyline your influence is negligeble. If you are wanting to be a part of this interlude you will need to make a new character. (S)he will be more than your average farmer, either through natural aptitude or through training. Although for now he might struggle to find a decent meal, he may still have high goals he wishes to aspire to in the future, and who knows, he might succeed. Remember that Barth himself came to his status from insolvent parents, which only made his rise all the more remarkable...

Character creation
Background: Everything from a knght looking for fame to an old yeoman looking to retain a tranquil community will be accepted. The influx of population coming from turmoil causes many different people to be meshed together, as long as you are not an hermit or a high status figure most characters is allowed. I would like you to answer the quick questions provided in the books (motivation, vice, virtue etc) and also describe your character. This may be just a few lines, and it will be a guideline I will try to use.
All houserules that Reader has made still stands, with these exeptions:
    Your starting cash is halved, due to the strife of the area.
    Your starting status is one, although it may be increased up to 3, using XP as normal. Status one is a normal farmer, 2 is a highly regarded community member, 3 is a hedgeknight or the arriving maester.
    You may not start as someone who has been used by Reader without his permission, and audiences with named characters won't happen, simply as I do not wish to ruin anything Reader has planned.

I will look forward to seeing characters here, However, If you wish to keep something secret you might PM it to me. Things may be a bit more public, but we all have our secrets that we would like to remain hidden. These will be good plot devices too, perhaps your past will catch up to you?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Character Creation Empty Re: Character Creation

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue May 10, 2016 9:01 pm

First draft:

Jory (17 years old)
Avatar: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... ddf9f4.jpg

Jory is a young man with dark hair and light blue eyes. He has the broad shoulders of somebody destined to serve as a man-at-arms but the fine facial features that sometime makes him look of higher station than he is. Despite his attractive looks, he is rarely seen smiling, most of the time brooding silently. To the unknowing observer this might indicate a simple mind, but Jory is actually quick-witted and on the occasions where he speaks he also shows a talent with words.
The son of a highly regarded smallfolk family of Blackbuckle, Jory entered House Bracken as a man-at-arms on his 16th birthday. He was at the Warrior's Seat, when the people in his home village started dying unable to do anything and he served his lord when other peasants rebelled against their rulers, he was even forced to fight against those that acted for people just like him and his family.
When the King's Justice revealed that it had been the schemings of the noblility that left his loved ones dying together with all of Blackbuckle, he left the service of Lord Bracken and returned home, unwilling to work any longer for any noble.

Goal: Improving life for the smallfolks in general, something which he fears will be hard to do after the failed rebellion
Motivation: After what happened to his family, Jory is driven by the thought of 'sticking it' to the nobles and take revenge. His anger is directed at the noble class in general, which acts without care for the smallfolks which they should protect
Virtue: Despite his age, Jory is courageous and stands in for what he believes. He is also quick to help somebody who he deems treated unfair and is unable to defend himself
Vice: Driven by anger, Jory believes that the end justifies the means, which sometimes pushes him to extreme actions

Stats (Initial draft, not yet fully checked. I am not sure what your remark about starting status means with regard to the mechanics - do I have to spend more on raising it to 2 or do I have to start with 1 and can only raise it in play?)
Agility 2
Animal Handlling 2
Athletics 3
Awareness 4 Notice 1
Cunning 3
Deception 3
Endurance 3
Fighting 4 Bludgeon 2
Healing 2
Know ledge 3 Streetwise 1
Language 2
Markmanship 2
Persuasion 5 Convince 1
Status 2
Stealth 2
Survival 3 Track 1
Thievery 2
Warfare 1
Will 3

Health 9
Composure 9
CD 9 / AR 4
ID 9

Blood of the Andals (Awareness)
Bludgeon Fighter 1
Expertise (Fighting)
Attractive
1 Destiny Point

Edit: Any feedback very welcome :-)
Edit: Lowered Agility to 2 to account for the additional status cost of 10xp

Edit:
[url=Jory - starting wealth][/url]: 2d6 9 = 9 GD / 2 = 4.5 GD = 945 SS

Mace:
Shield:
Ring Armour
265 SS

Last edited by 157 on Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 am; edited 4 times in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue May 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:StatsĀ (Initial draft, not yet fully checked. I am not sure what your remark about starting status means with regard to the mechanics - do I have to spend more on raising it to 2 or do I have to start with 1 and can only raise it in play?)
You may buy it up as normal. (Paying 10 to get it to 2 and 40 to get it to 3) otherwise your character looks very good, a local forced to make tough decisions... I'd like to see his character develop into full adulthood!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue May 10, 2016 10:15 pm

Yeah, if he ever makes it to adulthood :-)
I lowered Agility to 2 to account for the 10xp I need for Status 2

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed May 11, 2016 1:35 am

I am down for this, but need another day or so to decide on a character. I'm thinking either a hedge knight, a squire, a damaged but plucky peasant girl, or a canny madame.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed May 11, 2016 4:08 pm

I'm in!

Rough draft

Griff (57 years old)

Griff, as the locals call him, was rumored to have been a Connington man long ago. Word is he was driven from the stormlands for some fell deed. He settled on a small farm parcel on Bracken lands. He married a smallfolk woman and raised a young son, content to live quietly. This ended with the last escalation between Blackwood and Bracken. His lands were salted, his son slain defending his home and mother, his loving wife ... worse surely before her death. All happen whilst he petitioned Lord Haig for protection from these same roving bands of "
opportunists"

His dark brown eyes hold an elders wisdom and deep pain. His unkempt beard and hair hold little of the once black hair of his youth, overcome by white and grey. Time has worn at his once handsome features.

Goal: Forget (with a bent towards revenge) currently he has turned to the bottle to forget and drown a fire in his belly, that burns for revenge/justice.
Motivation: Love previously drove him to provide for his family. Hatred now fuels his empty soul.
Virtue: Wisdom of one who has seen fortunes come and go, married his love, raised a courageous son and dug their graves with his own worn hands, hands that have put many to their death and brought life to crops.
Vice: Carries the wrath of a man who truly has nothing left to lose.

Agility 3 10 2b quickness 20
Animal handling 3 10 2b ride 20
Athletics 4 40
Awareness 3 10
Cunning 3 10 1b Memory 10
Deception 3 10 1b disguise 10
Endurance 3 10 (edit: increase to 4, 10xp survival, 20xp marksmanship)
Fighting 5 70 1b long, 1b shield, 1b spear 30
Healing 2
Knowledge 3 10 1b education, 1b streetwise 20
Language 3 10
Marksmanship 2 (edit: reduce to 1, +50xp)
Persuasion 3 10 2b convince 20
Status 3 10 (edit: 30xp from marksmanship reduction)
Stealth 2 2b blend in 20
Survival 3 10 1b track 10 (edit: reduce to 2, +10xp)
Thievery 2
Warfare 3 10
Willpower 4 40
270 160

Health: 11
CD: 10(9)
AR: 0(6)
Composure: 12
ID: 9

Drawback: flaw marksmanship(edit: endurance) -1D, outcast -2D status, haunted -1D awareness
Benefits: BoFM, Expertise (convince)
DP: 1

Equipment: Scale, Longsword, spear, shield, dagger, Rounsey, 52ss

Avatar: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... mrc&
uact=8

Last edited by 113 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed May 11, 2016 4:54 pm

What a happy bunch we are Laughing

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed May 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:What a happy bunch we are Laughing

Very much so. War always makes for bright, happy smallfolk. :;
):
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed May 11, 2016 6:00 pm

If we are using house rule for starting coin would the outcast drawback make the status 3, a 1 since it imposes a -2D to tests?
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed May 11, 2016 6:47 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:If we are using house rule for starting coin would the outcast drawback make the status 3, a 1 since it imposes a -2D to tests?
The way I read it, outcast just means that you don't have the social security of your status. You will still get coins as normal, ypu just won't be treated as well as you should, but you don't need to take heed what they said you did to that goat :;
):

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri May 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Not quite finished yet, but wanted to show what I was going with

Maester Brant – new Maester of House Blackwood
Status 2 Breeding 1B
Knowledge 5 +4 Education 2B
Persuasion 3 Convince 1B Charm 1B
Awareness 4 Empathy 1B
Will 3 +4
Endurance 3
Healing 3 Treat Injury 1B
Cunning 4 Logic 1B
Animal Handling 3
Fighting 3
Athletics 2
Warfare 1
Language 4

ID 10
Composure 9/9
CD 9/9
Health 9/9
Awareness 16
DP 2
Qualities Flaws
Master of Ravens Bad Eyes
Knowledge Focus – Architecture
Maester

Equipment
Staff
Maester’s Kit

[url=money][/url]: 2d6k2 5 /2 = 2.5GD, = 525ss
After equipment, 200ss

Brant was selected as Maester for House Blackwood in an attempt to send somebody who was as different as possible from his predecessor.
Open minded, friendly and not prone to secrets, he tries to be a conciliator where possible. He is not fond of stupid behaviour though and will be harsh
However, considering the reputation of Maesters in Battle Valley, he is capable of defending himself. He is fit, hale and hearty, with no history of being tortured or missing limbs
Third son of minor house in the Reach near the Dorne – he was trained to be capable of defending himself, but his utter lack of ability to lead men effectively and his aptitude at learning meant his father thought he would better serve the house as a master, than a third son who contributed little.

The chance to serve as a Maester appealed to him and he devoured knowledge at the Citadel, very quickly earning two chains and the rank of Maester. He was on his way to a different house when the actions of House Blackwood’s Maester were uncovered. Immediately, he was diverted to House Blackwood and has been there for a few days already, acquainting himself with the ravens and understanding
He has a talent for Architecture, which is why he was selected in order to help with rebuilding efforts, not just of the Septry and the Green Door Inn, but assist the region.

Brant is a people watcher, observing behaviour and patterns, only interfering if necessary. He tries to understand a person first before engaging them.
As his father discovered, he is not a leader, but makes an excellent advisor and teacher.
Status of 2 is mostly because of the low opinion people have of Maesters in House Blackwood and Bracken lands at the moment.

Last edited by 105 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri May 13, 2016 6:54 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:
Kevan Lyras wrote:What a happy bunch we are Laughing

Very much so. War always makes for bright, happy smallfolk. :;
):

I guess I'll have to take up the flag for cheeriness then. Razz
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Sun May 15, 2016 5:47 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote: I guess I'll have to take up the flag for cheeriness then. Razz

I do love playing cheerful characters in GoT, it's a fun contrast. I played a noblewoman on another play by post who made early series Sansa look like a world-weary cynic.

I had an idea for the daughter of a minor knight, but she'd be hard to play without her father.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun May 15, 2016 1:04 pm

unless you make her related to another one of the characters as well. Maester Brant's family are a noble family if that helps

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun May 15, 2016 1:20 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:
Does Master of ravens count a focus or do I need to alter that?

just wanted an answer on that as it affects rolls he needs to make

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun May 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:
Ser Jorah Holt wrote:
Does Master of ravens count a focus or do I need to alter that?

just wanted an answer on that as it affects rolls he needs to make
I'd say that it counts as a focus, for the simple fact that otherwise no starting character could ever start as a maester with ravens;
)
Sorry late feedback!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Ayleth Bartheld wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote: I guess I'll have to take up the flag for cheeriness then. Razz

I do love playing cheerful characters in GoT, it's a fun contrast. I played a noblewoman on another play by post who made early series Sansa look like a world-weary cynic.

I had an idea for the daughter of a minor knight, but she'd be hard to play without her father.

Drop me a pm with your idea and we'll discuss it. I would potentially be willing to play her father.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sun May 15, 2016 10:01 pm

Hmm...it's the Riverlands, not the North, or I'd be tempted to try a sort of 'witch' type character, like my first character in this sort of game.

Not sure it'd work here though.

Hmmm. Must think.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu May 26, 2016 6:32 pm

anybody else joining us?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon May 30, 2016 5:55 pm

How far have you three who were interested come in character creation? It would be good to know who's still interested:)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Mon May 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Waiting on miss Corrine's input, but definitely still interested.

Would a knight's child get status 3?
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon May 30, 2016 10:40 pm

Ayleth Bartheld wrote:Would a knight's child get status 3?

General answer as per table on p. 67 is no, unless you also qualify as "
member of minor house"
but that's irrelevant of whether or not daddy ever was knighted. Sort of will make you need to share last name with some lord somewhere. A case could be made for children of landed knights, more likely those children gains status 3 by becoming sworn swords or marrying a knight of status 3.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue May 31, 2016 4:25 pm

Ser Devyn, of House Terrick

[url:10bndio2]http:
//fetsch.
deviantart.
com/art/Knight-576932679[/url:10bndio2]

The Terrick lands are very small but stable, and not very far from the Blackwoods. The House's seat is Eagle House, a modest but safe holding. Ser Devyn has been in service to his older brother, Lord Harwyn Terrick, for more than half his life. With his only sibling in fading health, Ser Devyn prepares to swear his sword to Harwyn's eldest son, Jon.

Ser Devyn Terrick is an ageing knight of seven and fifty, with two grown sons, who have knighthoods &
children of their own, Tomas &
Lyn. He has a gruff demeanour, but privately dotes on his youngest child, his only daughter, Daeryssa, who reminds him of his late wife, Daella. He is tall and broad, with grey hair &
beard, his weathered face enlivened by keen blue eyes. He is not as agile as he once was, butis still a capable knight. He has a deep voice and a loud laugh, which is often heard when he enjoys a drink with those he trusts. He wears well-kept brigandine armour, and uses a shield emblazoned with the house sigil.

He was sent to Battle Valley as part of the Blackwood's forces.

Character sheet:

Ser Devyn Terrick
Loyalty: House Blackwood
Age category: Old
Role: Fighter
Goal: Good
Motivation: Duty
Virtue: Devoted
Vice: Stubborn (custom)
Drawback: Honour-bound

Agility - 4 (Dodge 1B)
Animal Handling - 3 (Ride 1B)
Athletics - 3 (Flaw: stiff joints. -1D to all rolls)
Awareness - 4 (Notice 1B, Empathy 1B)
Cunning - 3 (Memory 1B)
Endurance - 4 (Resilience 1B, Stamina 1B)
Fighting - 5 (Long Blades 1B, Shields 1B, Short Blades 1B)
Knowledge - 3
Language - 3
Persuasion - 4 (Convince 1B)
Status - 4
Survival - 3 (Forage 1B, Hunt 1B)
Warfare - 3 (Command 1B, Tactics 1B)
Will - 4 (Co-ordinate 1B, Courage 1B, Dedication 1B)

ID: 11
COM: 12
CD: 10
Health: 12
AR: 8 (AP -4, B 3)
WD: Longsword 3, Dagger 2 (Defensive +1, Off-hand +1), Shield 1 (Defensive +2)

[url=Starting coin (Status)][/url]: 4d6 17

Equipment:

Superior Longsword - 4lb, 500ss, +1 to Fighting tests
Superior Shield - 5lb, 30ss
Dagger - 1lb, 20ss

Brigandine - 50lb, 1200ss

Courser

Clothing - Traveler's garb, Noble's garb
Flask
Flint &
Steel
Lantern
Oil (1 pint)
Rope
Tent (soldier's)

Apples (4)
Bread (1 loaf)
Salt
Salt beef (1/2lb)

Last edited by 151 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:47 am

hmm, was just looking through the book to find what bonus dice would be used for knowledge focus - architecture and I can't find anything. Anybody got any ideas how to handle that?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:20 am

Knowledge focus is basically: Whenever you test knowledge(education) related to the area of expertise, you treat the education bonus dices as test dices.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next