Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The late night (Starting event)

+4
Benedict Marsten
Ser Jorah Holt
Kevan Lyras
Yoren longshore
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The late night (Starting event) Empty The late night (Starting event)

Post by Yoren longshore Sat May 14, 2016 4:03 pm

The ashes of green door inn has started to dissapear into the soil, leaving only charred timber as a testament to the horrors that took place.
Men always needs to drink, and in harsh times they need to drink more. Because of this, half a league away from the previously bustling green door inn, a shack, with canvases keeping the worst of the rain out, has been used as the new local watering hole. The drinks are cheap and the tavernkeeper, a recent arrival from the stormlands named Jorrel, is uncaring, as long as the patrons leave enough groats for him to prosper.
It's an unpretentious place where guests only have someone caring for them as long as there is money in their pouches.
Brawls are a common occurence, so when Mortin Hollard, another recent arrival, breaks a bottle over the back of Ammet Perk's head few people bat their eyes. Ammet is a local boy, known to be a bit simple, but the patrons of the inn has enough worries of their own, so nobody steps in, it is a normal occurence in Jorrels tavern anyway.
However, the ruccus evolves swiftly, because Ammet is a big lad, and his head is thick enough that the trauma of a broken bottle is negligible to him. As the bottle hits Ammet simply covers his head and his testicles, too cowered by previous experiences to do anything but praying that the thrashing will be over soon. It is, because even though Mortin is usually a sharp enough individual, he drops the bottle in awe when he sees that Ammet is still standing, instead of thrashing Ammet, as Ammet is used to, he turns to run in fear. Fear is a thing Ammet is well accostomed to, having felt it before feeling his fathers belt plenty of times. It takes a moment, but he soon understands that the tables have turned, he is now the thrasher, not the one being thrashed. He catches up to Mortin, who is struggling towards the exit, and with a sickening "
crunch"
Ammet rips Mortins shoulder out of it's socket.
Mortins shrill scream is audible through the entire tavern, but as he simply lies there limply and the fight seems to be over few people care. However, unlike Ammet, Mortin has friends, and one of these friends jumps at Ammet from behind, sinking his dagger into Ammets shoulder.
The local populace accepts recent arrivals only tentatively, and though they accepted Mortin hitting one of theirs, they will not sit idly by while someone stabs the child of Rud Perk, who is well liked in the community, and who loves his son, Ammet, regardless of his intelectual inferiority. From there the brawl evolves out of hand, and it is hard to detect much of what is going on, as people converge, only intent on causing as much harm as possible to the other side. As people from farms nearby, and random people walking by gathers all of our heroes are in the same place at the same time for the first, but not the last time.

The brawl is a chaotic affair and characters will need to roll an Awareness (notice) TN6 to orient themselves and a Persuasion, Healing or FightingTN9 to be able to act under these circumstances.
Critical failure on either of the tests can have dire consequences, but each DOS can be spent on helping someone, or gather material wealth for yourself.

Uses of DOS
Helping the locals 1DOS (may be used several times) each giving one VP
Helping the newly arrived 1DOS (may be used several times) each giving one VP
Saving Ammet 3 DOS (may only be used by the first one who uses this)
Escalating the conflict 1DOS (may be used several times) each giving one VP
mediating the conflict 1DOS (may be used several times) each giving one VP
Other creative uses may be discussed either here or by PM.
Cooperation between players, both in RP and rolls is encouraged.

If your character is not fully done you may use your draft to do the rolls. Any suggestions (either for improvement of my writing and for my story) Is welcomed either in OOC chat or by Pm. I am not Reader, and I never will be, but I struggle to improve my writing!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

The late night (Starting event) Empty Re: The late night (Starting event)

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun May 15, 2016 10:29 am

Jory is sitting in a quiet corner of Jorrel's as he did so many nights since he left House Bracken's service. He is staring at the empty tankard in front of him, brooding, when the fight breaks out. Despite not giving much thought to his surroundings, he picks the dispute quickly and follows the exchange out of the corner of his eye. When the newly-arrived strikes Ammet with the bottle, he is already halfway up before he catches himself and sits back down. It is just between the two of them, no need to step in
He follows the fight without interrupting and even has a slight smile on his face, when the attacker realizes in fear that the bottle did not bring the hoped effect and the tide seemed to turn on him. As things relocate towards the exit, Jory sees Mortin's ally getting up on Ammet, before he even takes out his dagger. He quickly gets up, jumps over the table and runs towards the man with the blade. HIs reactions are not a quick as he hoped and the man has a head start and so Jory can only helplessly observe, as the blade sinks into Ammet's shoulder. He arrives only moments later and gets himself between Ammet and his attacker.
He reaches for the man's weapon hand and graps his wrist before a second stab might kill somebody. With a calm voice he addresses the men: "
This is enough, a brawl brings no attention to this place, but kill somebody and we all suffer from the nobles 'investigations'..."

He keeps one eye on his opponent, while simultaneously scanning the rest of the inn for more trouble coming his way.

[url=Starting event - awareness][/url]: 5d6k4 18
[url=Starting event - persuasion][/url]: 5d6 16
[url=Reroll 1s (Attractive)][/url]: 2d6 8 ->
Total 22 + 2 BoTA = 24 / Edit: total of 7 DoS
-->
Saving Ammet

Last edited by 157 on Tue May 17, 2016 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon May 16, 2016 12:32 pm

He sat quietly in the tavern, trying to get an idea of the lay of the land, nursing a drink after a long journey. He had kept his position as Maester quiet, especially considering the actions of his predecessor and sat people watching. As events unfolded before, he wondered if his skills might be needed very soon. As the dagger sinks into Ammet and the tavern descends into chaos, he kept his bearings and headed straight to the injured man, using his staff to guide people fighting out of his path in a calm manner. Immediately he could see that the wound was serious and if it was not staunched, Ammet would be dead very shortly and there would be more blood as the peace would unravel.

"
A little bit of assistance here please."

[url=awareness][/url]: 4d6k4 13

[url=healing check][/url]: 4d6k3 12 spend 1 DP to convert the bonus dice to actual to make it 15.

If somebody else manages a DOS on healing, will all 3 DOS be allowed to save Ammet? Admittedly, probably with some physical issue for him like the arm not working properly anymore.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue May 17, 2016 2:42 am

[url=Late night: Awareness TN6][/url]: 3d6 9
[url=Late night: Fighting TN 9][/url]: 5d6 17
Total DoS: 3

(ooc: Does the awareness DoS count towards the listed uses? Can a DoS from fighting or persuasion aid Maester Brant? Kevan 24 at TN 9 is 4 DoS I believe. Narration to follow the answer to my questions)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue May 17, 2016 5:08 pm

As Jory rushes over to him Ammet instinctively raises his fists to protect his face. However, as no hits seems to be incoming, he lowers his two giant hands, and looks straight at Jory. However, his gaze is quickly diverted by somebody screaming, and as a panicked look enters his eyes he starts to bolt for the exit, but as he turns around his bloodloss catches up to him and he falls sprawling to the floor, the rotted floorboards almost breaking upon his impact. As Brant kneels by the huge boy he manages to staunch the blood, his training at the citadel cerving him well. Unfortunately for Brant, no amount of citadel training has learned him to remove a four hundred pound man from a stampede in the middle of a tavern, but with Jory's assistance, they manage to get him out of the way.

(Awareness also counts towards the total DOS. So Maester Brant can heal Ammet fully, and Jory has 3 dos still to spend on either calming or stirring the conflict... Or simply nick a few pockets for some much needed money...)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue May 17, 2016 6:37 pm

ooc - in which case, I don't need to spend a DP for 3 DOS thankfully

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue May 17, 2016 9:35 pm

At first he is suspicious, wanting to interrupt as Jory sees Ammet is approached by another new face he does not recognize. However, the man is seemingly taking care of Ammet's injuries and so Jory turns his attention elsewhere. He scans the room taking a good look at who is attacking whom in the inn. He darts in and out of various brawls trying to prevent anybody from being beaten to pulp by multiple opponents. Just as he had said before, a little punch in the face was fine by his standards, but no broken bones or worse...

[OOC: Using remaining DoS to mediate the conflict / prevent the worst]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed May 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Brant pulled a few items from his bag and began patching up Ammet, calmly ignoring the chaos around him as he strove to keep the man alive.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu May 19, 2016 2:52 am

Damn it!

Griff stumbles from his chair, intent on choking the life from the bastard that had drawn a blade and disturbed his drinking. The room reels beneath his booted feet. A time-worn hand, two fingers permanently bent, snatches the table for balance. Then cold dark brown eyes, hooded under bushy white brows, evaluate what was missed in his momentary slip.

The pretty boy from House Bracken was heading off the disturber of the peace, but other out-of-towners were moving to aid him. Griff quickly smashed his tankard over the head of one such and drove his fist into the stomach of another. With a quickness rarely seen in one his age, his muscled arms pull the passing barmaid in, causing her to narrowly avoid colliding with two scoundrels grappling into a nearby table.

Seeing someone tending the simpleton, Griff falls back into a nearby chair, despite the continuing chaos. "
I think I need another drink."
He says to the eye level rear-end of the still stunned girl in front of him.

(ooc: 3DoS for the locals)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu May 26, 2016 2:27 pm

[Closing saturday, to get a move on]

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:53 am

Ser Devyn, having been trying to have a quiet drink and learn sbout the destruction of the Green Door Inn, stood, and strode into the room from the corner, and threw his arms wide as his booming voice resonated in the room.

"
Stand down, you fools! There is no need for this petty fighting!"

[url=Persuasion - Convince][/url]: 4d6k3 18
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:16 am

Patience

From her corner - that is, from the corner that her boys had cleared out for her each of these last three evenings she has been in this crap-hole of a tavern - Patience does not bother to stand. Well, in part does not bother, in part doesn't want her crippled leg to give out from under her when she's trying to appear authoritative.

"
If you wanna beat each other senseless take it outside! This place is shit enough without you breaking everything!"

She takes another sip of the local swill this place tries to pass off as wine.

"
Keep it clean, though - I'm sending some of my boys to watch, and if they see steel, they'll break heads."

She gestures and five heavily muscled brutes stand from the tables around her and push through the crowd towards the exit - grabbing and dragging some of the brawlers out with them.

[url=Perception(Notice)][/url]: 5d6k4 15 vs TN 6, 2 DoS
[url=Persuasion(Convince)][/url]: 7d6k5 23 vs TN 9, 3 DoS
Total 5 DoS

If possible, use those DoS to influence people to see her as an authority figure - if not, mediate the conflict.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:01 pm

Daeryssa flinched as violence broke out in the inn. She tries to move towards the injured Ammet, but there are too many people in the way and she can hardly fight her way through them. She shifts behind and to the side of her father, partially to support him and partially to shelter behind him. "
My, these people are rather aggressive... what will we do, father?"
she asked softly. She waited for the crowd to subside, confident that this mob would not resist her father's order.

She looks askance at Patience's muscle. "
All this fighting and a gang of toughs... lucky we happened along when we did"
she tells her father quietly.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:50 pm

The timely intervention of some people ensured that the situation cooled down, however, as those who are able to shuffle out of the tavern for the evening, some are incapable of leaving with the rest. These are calmly dragged outside by the inkeeper and lain in a pile outside, where the wives or relatives may come and get their injuried friends. As most of those lying there are newly arrived some have not brought their family, and are simply left outside. When they wake up they might find that their valuables are no longer on their person, somebody made a decent profit from the night's revelries...

The tavern is saved, some of the PCs have gotten reknown in the process, and all reknown is good reknown, or is it?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:57 pm

Ayleth Bartheld wrote:Daeryssa flinched as violence broke out in the inn. She tries to move towards the injured Ammet, but there are too many people in the way and she can hardly fight her way through them. She shifts behind and to the side of her father, partially to support him and partially to shelter behind him. "
My, these people are rather aggressive... what will we do, father?"
she asked softly. She waited for the crowd to subside, confident that this mob would not resist her father's order.

She looks askance at Patience's muscle. "
All this fighting and a gang of toughs... lucky we happened along when we did"
she tells her father quietly.

Seeing the furore die down, Ser Devyn pats Daeryssa on the shoulder and indicates for her to sit.

"
It's alright. Seems to be calming down. We'll get food &
drink in peace yet."

He sat down, though kept an eye on the room.

"
Tensions are high here, and that doesn't mix well with drink. Anything like this happens again, I want you to stay by me, or get to somewhere safe. Understood?"

His tone was firm, but not stern.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:54 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Seeing the furore die down, Ser Devyn pats Daeryssa on the shoulder and indicates for her to sit.
"
It's alright. Seems to be calming down. We'll get food &
drink in peace yet."

He sat down, though kept an eye on the room.

"
Tensions are high here, and that doesn't mix well with drink. Anything like this happens again, I want you to stay by me, or get to somewhere safe. Understood?"

His tone was firm, but not stern.

Daeryssa settled down, sitting where her father indicated, and carefully smoothing out her skirt. "
I hadn't expected this. Fighting for no reason and people stabbing each other in the back... this place is in bad shape."
She'd seen her father deal with trouble before, and watched him in tournaments. Still, this sort of explosion of chaotic violence was new to her. It had none of the excitement of knightly heroism.
"
Yes, father. I'll be careful and do what you tell me"
Daeryssa agreed with a nod, looking a little embarrassed. She had been foolish to try to make her way through the violent crowd. "
I was trying to help with the injured. But it's a lot calmer in tournaments, nobody tries to hit someone who isn't fighting."

She perks up a bit. "
But it's over now, and a bit of quiet food and drink should calm things down. And the presence of a knight should help keep the peace."
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Brant watched as the unconscious brawlers were dumped outside, spending a moment checking each one had not been seriously injured. A few bumps and bruises were fine, but thankfully nobody else had been stabbed. He would have to let the guard know about the stabbing and let them deal with it;
the last thing the area needed was a maester carrying out his own justice again.

[url=heraldry check][/url]: 5d6k5+4 21

He recognised the heraldry or Ser Devyn and decided to meet the man, if for nothing else that he had helped stop the fighting.

"
Good evening Ser, I am Maester Brant of House Blackwood, may I join you for a moment."

ooc
I'm presuming that Jory has left

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:43 pm

Ser Devyn had been just about to reply to Daeryssa when Maester Brant approached. He stood and extended his hand.

"
Greetings, Maester Brant. I am Ser Devyn of House Terrick. This is my daughter, Daeryssa. House Blackwood has long been our friend. I'd be delighted if you would join us. Would you like a drink?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:07 pm

Daeryssa stood and curtsied to the maester. "
It's an honor to meet you, Maester Brant"
she said courteously. This was a man who walked with nobles, and she was impressed and pleased that he had sought them out.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:13 am

"
Tempers seem very frayed tonight and I would gladly have a drink. Having to patch up injuries does create a thirst."

ooc
Unless there is a specific subject you want to talk, Brant can talk about a large number of subjects with authority.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:19 am

Ser Devyn called for another round of ales, which were soon brought over, and some silver exchanged hands.

"
So, Maester, from where do you hail? Whose business brings you to these unfortunate lands?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Daeryssa sighs. "
Frayed indeed. I've scarcely seen such chaos."
She smiles at Brant when he says he was helping the injured. "
It's noble of you to help. I'd have assisted, but I couldn't reach you."
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:34 pm

Ayleth Bartheld wrote:Daeryssa sighs. "
Frayed indeed. I've scarcely seen such chaos."
She smiles at Brant when he says he was helping the injured. "
It's noble of you to help. I'd have assisted, but I couldn't reach you."

Brant smiled at her,
"
it was chaos in here earlier. It was noble of you to try, but you were best served staying out of the fighting. I was half expecting a knife in the back same as that poor soul Ammet."

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:"
So, Maester, from where do you hail? Whose business brings you to these unfortunate lands?"

This is my first time in the Riverlands, though it is now my home I suppose. I originally lived in the Reach, for many years at the Citadel,"
He indicated the chain around his neck, "
though my family is also from there. I was originally on my way to the Vale when a raven caught up with me and ordered me to House Blackwood instead. Considering what happened in Blackbuckle, I think the Grand Maester will want to improve the opinion of the locals of Maesters again. Everybody is keeping a close because of that."

(ooc - still need to pick a house for Brant to originate from)

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:02 pm

"
I see. Yes, Blackbuckle was a terrible tragedy. I hope to never live to see such devastation again. It is good of you to come to help. One rotten apple must not be allowed to spoil the whole cart. House Blackwood is suffering too much as it is. The loss of our liege lord has stuck me mightily. My heart goes out to his family."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:16 am

"
Thank you, maester. I'm glad you weren't hurt. My father was there to keep me safe, so perhaps it makes me a bit overbold."
Daeryss says.
"
Oh, the Reach! I've heard it's wonderful there. Beautiful, fertile soil. And it's the heart of chivalry!"
she says with a wistful sigh. She let herself daydream about the distant and beautiful land. "
You were lucky to live there. The riverlands can be nice, too... but this is a difficult time. I'm glad the people will have your assistance"

She becomes a little subdued as the two discuss the tragedies affecting the region. "
We'll find a way to help."
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next