Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delicate Words (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

Delicate Words (Closed) Empty Delicate Words (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:45 pm

[ooc: This takes place after 'Heavy Is The Head Of The House']

After the morning's altercation, Ben takes his much-needed rest in the master bedroom, with Bethany curled up next to him, one of her tiny hands in his.

Nearby, at her writing desk, Corrine pens a letter to her friend, Lady Aofie Tullison, formerly Aofie Royce. After a few drafts of very awkward words, she decided to instead try for a private, face-to-face meeting. There was no easy way to tell a friend her husband's former lover and mother of his bastard was causing trouble, and putting it in a letter that anyone could read was a recipe for disaster.

Dear Aofie,

I hope this letter finds you well.

I would very much like us to meet soon. Will you come visit Hartshorn? You have not yet met the children, and it would be good to see you again. There is also a family matter that I wish to discuss with you.

Corrine
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Delicate Words (Closed) Empty Re: Delicate Words (Closed)

Post by Reader Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:24 am

Dear Corrine,

Your letters are a constant delight, but your company at a day's hawking would be a delight. Their are fewer balls now, but motherhood is it's own delight. I fear I could not fit some of those dresses anyway.

I hope we are lucky enough to have large enough families to foster boys with one another - it will only bring our families closer and provide us with a good excuse, no, a good reason, to visit.

We will be with you in around ten days, and send a rider ahead,

Aofie

Aofie arrives in one of her customary long sleeved gowns, a messenger having politely arrived to warn House Marsten of their unexpectedly rapid progress. Travel is easier with the military might of the clans broken and some of them partially assimilated. Her letter contained a small lie - there is scarcely much more of her than when she and Corrine were attending their first formal dances.

She waves to Corrine from the saddle, a broad smile accompanying the more formal gesture, delighted to see her old friend and matchmaker. Captain Asten and a knot of stout Tullison guardsmen accompany their lady.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:32 am

Corrine waves back with a warm smile, and Marsten servants assist the Tullison party in unloading when they come to a stop inside the walls of the courtyard.

Corrine approaches and embraces the now dismounted Aofie, her anxieties briefly forgotten in her gladness.

"
It is good to see you again. You look lovely as ever. I trust you had a pleasant journey?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down