Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Non-game Chat Thread

+27
Ser Walton Dulver
Aerion Storm
Jon Templeton
Tristayne Tullison
Darron Greyjoy
Kayden Douhon
Nathaniel Mason
Lady Vaelia Velaryon
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Reader
Ayleth Bartheld
Davain Bartheld
Ser Alfred Haigh
Dyana Marsten
Yoren longshore
Kevan Lyras
Benedict Marsten
Ser Jasper Strongarm
Ser Jorah Holt
Ereth Redwain
Daveth Coldbrook
Loreia
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Septon Arlyn
Gwyneth Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
31 posters

Page 8 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Go down

General Non-game Chat Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: General Non-game Chat Thread

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:well, still nothing to stop you from trying Twisted Evil

But she's family now! (not that it ever stopped Targaryens before...)

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:27 pm

Ser Fendrel Bartheld wrote:But she's family now! (not that it ever stopped Targaryens before...)
That's nothing a sharp dagger can't fix! Laughing
It even opens up the lordship again. Twisted Evil

In all seriousness, it could be the setup for an awesome and very Shakespearean revenge story, too: an attack, Davain is believed to be dead. He disappears, gets allies, and returns to challenge Fendrel for his rightful place. If Ayleth marries Fendrel (perhaps in return for a promise of safety for her unborn child?) thinking that Davain is dead, it creates an even more complicated situation. If the revenge plot takes years, there might be other children, and Davain's son might grow up thinking of Fendrel as his father. It's got shades of Hamlet, Macbeth, and a little Le Comte de Monte-Cristo.

Of course, it's something that should be discussed and agreed upon (at least in general framework) ahead of time by the three of you and Reader.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:39 pm

It's not ick, just a cutting betrayal at (most probably) worst, if you have the gall to try...
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:08 am

Baelon wrote:
Ser Fendrel Bartheld wrote:But she's family now! (not that it ever stopped Targaryens before...)

In all seriousness, it could be the setup for an awesome and very Shakespearean revenge story, too: an attack, Davain is believed to be dead. He disappears, gets allies, and returns to challenge Fendrel for his rightful place. If Ayleth marries Fendrel (perhaps in return for a promise of safety for her unborn child?) thinking that Davain is dead, it creates an even more complicated situation. If the revenge plot takes years, there might be other children, and Davain's son might grow up thinking of Fendrel as his father. It's got shades of Hamlet, Macbeth, and a little Le Comte de Monte-Cristo.

Of course, it's something that should be discussed and agreed upon (at least in general framework) ahead of time by the three of you and Reader.

Well I'm not ready to give up Davain just yet, but I would definitely be interested in working one this plot. Obviously a lot would need to be worked out with Reader, but Canonically the Dance ends in 131. Davain's son, Brandon, will be born in 126. So by the end the war Brandon will be 5 and most likely sent to be a page than squire for a lord. At the end of the Dance, or shortly afterwards. Fendrel some how kills Davain and usurps Hart House, forcing Brandon to be exiled. Fast forwards a lot of years into the future, Brandon is a hedge knight who tries to gain the support of PC and NPC houses in order to claim what is his while Fendrel works in opposition to protect what he claimed by conquest.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:34 am

Davain Bartheld wrote:Well I'm not ready to give up Davain just yet, but I would definitely be interested in working one this plot. Obviously a lot would need to be worked out with Reader, but Canonically the Dance ends in 131. Davain's son, Brandon, will be born in 126. So by the end the war Brandon will be 5 and most likely sent to be a page than squire for a lord. At the end of the Dance, or shortly afterwards. Fendrel some how kills Davain and usurps Hart House, forcing Brandon to be exiled. Fast forwards a lot of years into the future, Brandon is a hedge knight who tries to gain the support of PC and NPC houses in order to claim what is his while Fendrel works in opposition to protect what he claimed by conquest.

I actually meant something more swift and wouldn't mean you giving up on Davain - I was thinking that Davain would falsely be believed dead. Davain's quest for revenge would take place during or even before the Dance - as it would naturally fall along Green/Black lines, it could fit like a glove. The set-up could begin pretty much immediately, if all four (including Reader) of you are on board with it.

Just to be clear, I'm just pitching an idea, up to you folks whether or not you want to run with it. Very Happy
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:28 pm

Baelon wrote:

I love it!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:52 am

Some great stuff here - sorry for being slow due to lack of computer access.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:42 pm

I don't know... that'd require drastic changes to Ayleth, who I'm just getting used to playing.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:48 pm

Ayleth Bartheld wrote:I don't know... that'd require drastic changes to Ayleth, who I'm just getting used to playing.

A good point - let's find a way for some Fendrel drama that allows various visions of characters to remain intact.

Ayleth, any bits of a Fendrel challenge and scheming that appeal? If it looks too iffy I'll find some other (less PvP) angles for Fendrel to plot. Twisted Evil
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:57 pm

That was also my concern -- I wouldn't want to do anything to cross other players' future plans. I mean, I like the idea, even if it seems slightly too... 'evil' for the Fendrel I'd imagined, too confrontational and too... vulgar. He's more subtle than that :;
-): but I'm sure we can come to some agreement that wouldn't go into hardcore PvP.

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:35 am

Dare I ask if any of you have been playing PoGo? Got it at the start of the week and I'm hooked! I've walked 15km in 4 days!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:48 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Dare I ask if any of you have been playing PoGo? Got it at the start of the week and I'm hooked! I've walked 15km in 4 days!

I only installed it yesterday but since I can't leave home yet (post-surgery recovery), I haven't had the chance to catch any Pokemon (except the tutorial one) Rolling Eyes

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Vaelia Velaryon Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:50 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Dare I ask if any of you have been playing PoGo? Got it at the start of the week and I'm hooked! I've walked 15km in 4 days!

Just now totally felt in love with it Smile

Lady Vaelia Velaryon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:09 pm

Don't have an Apple phone here. And there's the everpresent fear of turning to dust if I venture outdoors after sunup.

But it seems interesting aside from that.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:12 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Don't have an Apple phone here. And there's the everpresent fear of turning to dust if I venture outdoors after sunup.

But it seems interesting aside from that.

Works on Android as well.

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Ah! I did not know that! Thank you!

...now, to move forward on my plan to blot out the sun!
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:21 pm

Then I`ll scheme in the shade
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:13 pm

That pesky sun, always a menace to those of us with pale skin.

*Giggles at Theomore's reference*
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Fun fact is that I have considered using Michael Fassbender for Theo`s picture.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Ser Fendrel Bartheld wrote:

I only installed it yesterday but since I can't leave home yet (post-surgery recovery), I haven't had the chance to catch any Pokemon (except the tutorial one) Rolling Eyes

I wish you a speedy recovery. Which starter did you pick? I picked Charmander at random, before I realised I could only have one. If I'd known, I'd have picked Bulbasaur. Though, I also learned that if you walk away from the 3 starters 3-4 times, a Pikachu appears. Smile
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:39 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:

I wish you a speedy recovery. Which starter did you pick? I picked Charmander at random, before I realised I could only have one. If I'd known, I'd have picked Bulbasaur. Though, I also learned that if you walk away from the 3 starters 3-4 times, a Pikachu appears. Smile

I could have had a Pikachu? Crying or Very sad I wanted a Charmander but I erroneously clicked on the Bulbasaur Rolling Eyes

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:39 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Ah! I did not know that! Thank you!

...now, to move forward on my plan to blot out the sun!
Just come visit Norway! The last time I properly saw the sun was when travelling abroad :;
):

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:40 pm

I've been playing pogo. But I was playing ingress before so it is not that much of a leap for me lol
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Fun fact is that I have considered using Michael Fassbender for Theo`s picture.

He's super duper hot. :3
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:42 pm

I could have had a Pikachu? Crying or Very sad I wanted a Charmander but I erroneously clicked on the Bulbasaur Rolling Eyes

Too bad we can't swap. Seems like we both made the rookie error. The lack of tutorial info is annoying.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next