Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Non-game Chat Thread

+27
Ser Walton Dulver
Aerion Storm
Jon Templeton
Tristayne Tullison
Darron Greyjoy
Kayden Douhon
Nathaniel Mason
Lady Vaelia Velaryon
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Reader
Ayleth Bartheld
Davain Bartheld
Ser Alfred Haigh
Dyana Marsten
Yoren longshore
Kevan Lyras
Benedict Marsten
Ser Jasper Strongarm
Ser Jorah Holt
Ereth Redwain
Daveth Coldbrook
Loreia
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Septon Arlyn
Gwyneth Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
31 posters

Page 9 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down

General Non-game Chat Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: General Non-game Chat Thread

Post by Ereth Redwain Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:29 am

The coming update will allow you to trade and extra things to do in Pokestops. This is according to John Hanke CEO of Niantic in an interview with game informer. They will also try (no promises) to add Johto in December.

If you have some questions of PoGO! Other than why I take forever to hatch eggs (I walk with a cane...), I might be of help.

Like howto catch stronger pokemon, what pokemon hatch from what eggs, how to gym battle/train.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:58 am

Yoren longshore wrote:
Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Ah! I did not know that! Thank you!

...now, to move forward on my plan to blot out the sun!
Just come visit Norway! The last time I properly saw the sun was when travelling abroad :;
):

Same...but oh wait, I am travelling abroad Razz

Was proper sunny day before I left though, plane took off before sunrise, so....though go north of the polar circle in winter, and no sun for you.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:50 am

Norway's on the bucket list, but your country is just crazy expensive, even for Swiss standards.
Been to Sweden for a couple of weeks once, which is comparable to my home from a pricing level, and I really liked it, specially the north. So I will definitely go to Norway one day:-)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:02 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Norway's on the bucket list, but your country is just crazy expensive, even for Swiss standards.
Been to Sweden for a couple of weeks once, which is comparable to my home from a pricing level, and I really liked it, specially the north. So I will definitely go to Norway one day:-)
It's never been as cheap as it is now, the Norwegian currency just dropped like a rock, again Rolling Eyes
I saw an article recently wherethey put Norway to be among the cheapest places to vacate. This is because most basic commodities is very cheap in Norway, and what most people come to see (the nature) is completely free. If you rent a "
turisthytte"
(tourist hut) you can see get to see all which Norway has to be proud of :;
): Another benefit to these huts is that the tourists who uses them huts are usually friendly, and courteous, which can't always be said for those on cruise ships and in the city.
This last observation is only from personal experience, and it may be that I was just lucky with who I met in the huts:)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Ser Fendrel Bartheld wrote:

I could have had a Pikachu? Crying or Very sad I wanted a Charmander but I erroneously clicked on the Bulbasaur Rolling Eyes

Too bad we can't swap. Seems like we both made the rookie error. The lack of tutorial info is annoying.

Oh yes. I was pretty confused at the beginning and a tutorial would have made a huge difference.

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:29 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:
Kevan Lyras wrote:Norway's on the bucket list, but your country is just crazy expensive, even for Swiss standards.
It's never been as cheap as it is now, the Norwegian currency just dropped like a rock, again Rolling Eyes
I saw an article recently wherethey put Norway to be among the cheapest places to vacate. This is because most basic commodities is very cheap in Norway, and what most people come to see (the nature) is completely free. If you rent a "
turisthytte"
(tourist hut) you can see get to see all which Norway has to be proud of :;
): Another benefit to these huts is that the tourists who uses them huts are usually friendly, and courteous, which can't always be said for those on cruise ships and in the city.
This last observation is only from personal experience, and it may be that I was just lucky with who I met in the huts:)
Combined with the fact that the CHF is appreciating we are getting to where making holidays in Norway is affordable, but for this year vacation plans are already fixed. There is always next year though..

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:24 pm

Where are you intending to travel? There's to many nice places to explore, and way to little time...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Still a couple of months away, but I am going to Southeast asia, australia and central america :;
):

By the way, you are all very creative, so you sure can help me out: I used the sudden freetime from the break in this game to develop a small adventure for SIFRP, a first version of which can be found here:
http://roninarmy.com/threads/5147-Broke ... -Harrenhal

Happy to receive any feedback to improve the thing. Whether it is mechanically or storywise!

Last edited by 157 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:04 pm

I didn't realise that you were the author of that adventure. will find chance to read and critique

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Still a couple of months away, but I am going to Southeast asia, australia and central america :;
):

By the way, you are all very creative, so you sure can help me out: I used the sudden freetime from the break in this game to develop a small adventure for SIFRP, a first version of which can be found here:
http://roninarmy.com/threads/5147-Broke ... -Harrenhal

Happy to receive any feedback to improve the thing. Whether it is mechically or storywise!

Ooh, great, I'll review this properly, have it a skin before and seemed excellent. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:09 pm

Tylan Swann? *Hugs* Brother!
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:29 pm

I no longer have an annoying house guest, so I will be catching up tonight.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:38 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I no longer have an annoying house guest, so I will be catching up tonight.
Similarly, I hope not to be an annoying house guest for much longer! Wife's parents are now at their new home in France so felt slightly less in the way.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:42 pm

Reader wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I no longer have an annoying house guest, so I will be catching up tonight.
Similarly, I hope not to be an annoying house guest for much longer! Wife's parents are now at their new home in France so felt slightly less in the way.

Hopefully stuff will be sorted soon!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Just thought I would post that last night, the extremely brave (Will 5 3B Courage) but not very bright (2 Cunning) Knight in our campaign took 92 points of damage on a single critical hit.

He barely survived the encounter (ie.. he burned a DP) and will be laid up for weeks recovering. He also took the 'Marked' drawback to replace the DP he burnt.

His reaction?

"
What a glorious battle! I thought I was a master of my skill, but I see now there is even greater heights I may attain!"

I just love dumb heroes.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Wow! Heroic stupid is an alignment, right?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:Just thought I would post that last night, the extremely brave (Will 5 3B Courage) but not very bright (2 Cunning) Knight in our campaign took 92 points of damage on a single critical hit.

He barely survived the encounter (ie.. he burned a DP) and will be laid up for weeks recovering. He also took the 'Marked' drawback to replace the DP he burnt.

His reaction?

"
What a glorious battle! I thought I was a master of my skill, but I see now there is even greater heights I may attain!"

I just love dumb heroes.

I assume he couldn't take any more wounds, that's why he didn't. What a wound would that be though Surprised

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:14 pm

Ser Fendrel Bartheld wrote:

I assume he couldn't take any more wounds, that's why he didn't. What a wound would that be though Surprised

You are correct.

He was down to his last Endurance. His opponent didn't even have any real interest in killing him, however Greatswords generally settle that matter.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:34 pm

What kind of critical hit rules are you using? 92 damage is... impressive!:-)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:35 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:What kind of critical hit rules are you using? 92 damage is... impressive!:-)

According to my count... it's 4 DoS and 23 Damage. Laughing Rolling Eyes Shocked Surprised Laughing

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:52 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:What kind of critical hit rules are you using? 92 damage is... impressive!:-)

Opponent had:
Athletics 6
Strength 6B
Greatsword +3
Valyrian Weapon +2 (In our campaign Valayrian Swords are Legendary, +2 Fighting/+2 Damage.)
Weapon Mastery +1
Improved Weapon Mastery +1
Critical Hit +4

So... yes... 23 Damage Base and 4 DoS

Of course, anything beyond HP+AR is overkill... but it's a nice fat narrative number.

I tried very hard not to kill him, but he would keep succeeding at his Will (Courage) tests. Laughing
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:57 pm

The crit system is something I hope this campaign will implement. It represents that even Yoren with 3 in fighting can wound the mountain, if I just manage to roll a double six while hitting him with a lance... Admittedly a quite slim chance Very Happy
Especially as armor is a bit unbalanced with the houseruling, it would be nice to see the randomness aspect of ASOIAF implemeted into our campaign, especially as we close in on the war and every action can be your last, even using the lavatory!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:03 pm

Crit system is good narrative too, and favours those with higher CD and lower armour.

I liked the battle because it was so cinematic.

The Knight attacked and got a palpable hit. His opponent had been ignoring him (and everyone else) up to that point.

Guy turns around and does a brawl attack followed up by a maneuver.

Which means he didn't even bother to draw his weapon. He just grabbed the Knight by the throat, lifted him off the ground and tossed him several yards.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:26 pm

Love hearing about Nathan's game, albeit mine has a slightly different power base!

Critical rules - I pitched for these for when we opened the campaign, voted down by the players. Makes combat swingy and may ultimately favour npcs (I only need to get lucky once!). Happy to reopen discussion.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:Crit system is good narrative too, and favours those with higher CD and lower armour.

I liked the battle because it was so cinematic.

The Knight attacked and got a palpable hit. His opponent had been ignoring him (and everyone else) up to that point.

Guy turns around and does a brawl attack followed up by a maneuver.

Which means he didn't even bother to draw his weapon. He just grabbed the Knight by the throat, lifted him off the ground and tossed him several yards.

Love that the combat system allows for that, nice stuff. Very Happy

Also, bravo on the new picture, good to see all our cast age up.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next