Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Discussion

+19
Ayleth Bartheld
Dyana Marsten
Ser Alfred Haigh
Luecian LongBow
Samurel Manderly
Benedict Marsten
Daveth Coldbrook
Nathaniel Mason
Gwyneth Drakeson
Davain Bartheld
Baelon Drakeson
Ser Walton Dulver
Kevan Lyras
Lady Corrine Marsten
Yoren longshore
Ser Jorah Holt
Ereth Redwain
Septon Arlyn
Theomore Tullison
23 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Discussion

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:59 pm

As Baelon noted, people doesn't go around in heavy armor unless they want to make a statement or expect there to be battle, the latter is a far stretch in this case. You don't travel around in it.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:15 pm

Although people might be jumpy, and that could be the statement being made. The past few days have become heavily politicized, and seeing as Walton appears to be self important/ antagonized the Black's darling, he might justifiably be concerned about retaliation from the black house. From what he has seen... Lady Corinne shot a witness, Baelon shot said witnesses horse, "
black"
houses have refused to share evidence, when warding was brought up Lady Corinne acted harshly and began to go around trying to slander house Dulver to their cousins without sticking around to discuss her objections nor their concerns, their have been accusations that house Dulver has been tampering with evidence.

Meanwhile house Dulver as offered any evidence and accepted help or given help to any who asked for it, they freely shared the information they gathered with the assembled houses in the iron mines, they have assisted with the restoration of blackbuckle, the Septon has been attacked a number of times by bandits.

I'm not saying that you have to agree with his reasons, but the reasons are there.

I'm not saying he didn't commit a faux pass. But you also didn't offer him an opportunity to change, not that he asked for one either.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:23 pm

I vote that we settle this matter by duel :mrgreen:
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:24 pm

I'm not saying that you have to agree with his reasons, but the reasons are there.

I'm not saying he didn't commit a faux pass. But you also didn't offer him an opportunity to change, not that he asked for one either.

To me, it is not a problem of a visitor showing up in armor, but the way he reacted to Corrine's objection about weapons and armor. If he had reacted with at least some manners, after coming in like that (for which we sure can find a number of potential reasons) we wouldn't have this discussions. And frankly, that is a recurring theme. The incident with the Tully heir would not have been a problem either, were it followed by concern and an apology. Instead its threats and mocking.... It just seems like the Dulver heir is out to antagonize everybody out there and disrespects any rule about how nobles in Westeros act in such a gathering.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:26 pm

I think she did actually. And in fact asked him to do so.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:

To me, it is not a problem of a visitor showing up in armor, but the way he reacted to Corrine's objection about weapons and armor. If he had reacted with at least some manners, after coming in like that (for which we sure can find a number of potential reasons) we wouldn't have this discussions. And frankly, that is a recurring theme. The incident with the Tully heir would not have been a problem either, were it followed by concern and an apology. Instead its threats and mocking.... It just seems like the Dulver heir is out to antagonize everybody out there and disrespects any rule about how nobles in Westeros act in such a gathering.

Not everyone. He is choosing who he antagonizes.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:30 pm

*Picks the popcorn up* Carry on.

I'm already involved with the Dulver's apparently when I have yet to meet one other than the septon lol

My views correspond with the green's, but my loyalties are with lord Forrest and he is black Smile

Last edited by 193 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:32 pm

Not everyone. He is choosing who he antagonizes.
It is not like the conversation with Theomore, for example, were much better in tone...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:35 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:Although people might be jumpy, and that could be the statement being made. The past few days have become heavily politicized, and seeing as Walton appears to be self important/ antagonized the Black's darling, he might justifiably be concerned about retaliation from the black house. From what he has seen... Lady Corinne shot a witness, Baelon shot said witnesses horse, "
black"
houses have refused to share evidence, when warding was brought up Lady Corinne acted harshly and began to go around trying to slander house Dulver to their cousins without sticking around to discuss her objections nor their concerns, their have been accusations that house Dulver has been tampering with evidence.

Meanwhile house Dulver as offered any evidence and accepted help or given help to any who asked for it, they freely shared the information they gathered with the assembled houses in the iron mines, they have assisted with the restoration of blackbuckle, the Septon has been attacked a number of times by bandits.

This is an OOC thread, no need to play politics.

Calling Athelstan a witness when we all know OOC he was guilty is preposterous. Saying that Corrine shot him without pointing out that it was self defense (which we also all OOC know to be true) is equally preposterous. We all know OOC that most if not all houses have withheld, concealed, or altered evidence - sometimes for good reason, sometimes for ill. Slander is by definition untrue statements - not repeating events that have occurred, albeit in a slanted way due to perfectly IC and not entirely inaccurate interpretations of what has occurred..

House Dulver was reticent to share their mine investigation results during the mines incident after, yes, but not during. Houses Coldbrook &
Drakeson have done more to heal the land at Blackbuckle than any other (not meant to diminish the work that Nathan, Arlyn, and others have been doing there), as well as providing supplies to the Brothers at the Septry at Battle Valley &
supporting it's rebuilding, supplying experts to repair the mines, spearheading the investigation to prevent the wildfire attack, spearheading the peaceful prevention of the smallfolk uprising, convinced Prince Aemond not to burn the smallfolk in retribution. Oh, and those bandit attacks were your (the players) own idea.

So no, it's not nearly as cut-and-dry as "
Black bad, Dulver good."
There has been much good and much ill done on both sides of the green/black divide.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:38 pm

I think people are going to have to dedicate the entire Afternoon slots (EA to LA) to draft that paper. or at least MA to LA.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:40 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:

^ All of this. It doesn't matter what you say OOC the intentions are. The IC message being sent is what we have to act on. You can't complain about how your House is coming across when you're going around insulting everyone.

If you don't trust House Marsten to honour the salt oath, which is very serious, then you shouldn't be coming to the treaty meeting or having any dealings with them, so fear of attack is no excuse.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Sorry, was AFK. I'm waiting for verification of something, before throwing post... My OOC knowledge isn't as good as it needs to be for this one Embarassed
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:48 pm

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:Sorry, was AFK. I'm waiting for verification of something, before throwing post... My OOC knowledge isn't as good as it needs to be for this one Embarassed

Fair enough. Seeking to fill gaps in knowledge is good.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:I think she did actually. And in fact asked him to do so.

I must have missed that post, part of only being half in the conversation thread Embarassed
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:26 pm

Baelon wrote:Houses Coldbrook &
Drakeson have done more to heal the land at Blackbuckle than any other (not meant to diminish the work that Nathan, Arlyn, and others have been doing there),

I am certainly aware of the hard work that Daveth and House Coldbrook has done surrounding Blackbuckle over Story 2. I am sure there is a great deal more I am not aware of.

I guarantee you are not aware of 90% of the things Nathan and House Bartheld have been doing in Blackbuckle, as nearly all of it has been behind the scenes. Suffice as to say, this was Nathan's personal objective requiring 7 VP to accomplish (and was accomplished).

So, you will forgive me if I consider your statement stunningly arrogant...

... and while I am sure you did not intend it... incredibly insulting.

You may be right that House Coldbrook and Drakeson have done more. I am not Reader, so I do not have comprehensive or accurate information to make an objective comparison. Neither do you... and tossing off statements like this is... I will use the word 'unproductive' to be polite.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:32 pm

My perception OOC has certainly been that Nathan has done the most, and it is also Corrine's IC perception (as she pointed out in her Assembly rant).
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:38 pm

I get the sense that tempers are starting to flare ooc, and may be prompting folks into speaking carelessly. It's good we have passion for the game, but lets keep in mind it's a game. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:44 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:I get the sense that tempers are starting to flare ooc, and may be prompting folks into speaking carelessly. It's good we have passion for the game, but lets keep in mind it's a game. Smile

Seconded. I love this game, and all its players, I would hate to lose anyone due to some OIC B.S.

And Baelon, the reason I was posting on an IC light is because I was trying to show an IC view of what Ser Walton might be thinking.

At work, on phone, don't have time to respond properly to that thread, nor this one. Can we ask take a breath real quick?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:38 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Baelon wrote:Houses Coldbrook &
Drakeson have done more to heal the land at Blackbuckle than any other (not meant to diminish the work that Nathan, Arlyn, and others have been doing there),

I am certainly aware of the hard work that Daveth and House Coldbrook has done surrounding Blackbuckle over Story 2. I am sure there is a great deal more I am not aware of.

I guarantee you are not aware of 90% of the things Nathan and House Bartheld have been doing in Blackbuckle, as nearly all of it has been behind the scenes. Suffice as to say, this was Nathan's personal objective requiring 7 VP to accomplish (and was accomplished).

So, you will forgive me if I consider your statement stunningly arrogant...

... and while I am sure you did not intend it... incredibly insulting.

You may be right that House Coldbrook and Drakeson have done more. I am not Reader, so I do not have comprehensive or accurate information to make an objective comparison. Neither do you... and tossing off statements like this is... I will use the word 'unproductive' to be polite.
I used very precise phrasing to say precisely what I meant: "
heal the land"
, not rebuild, help the people, etc. I mean curing the poison/cleansing the water supply, etc. I meant no disrespect;
it was not meant to diminish the significant work that the rest of you have done there - and I explicitly said so.

Further, it is kind of ridiculous that you take a single line out of a post then respond that you feel insulted because I neglected to take into account things I don't know about. If I don't know about them, how can base my statements off of them? I can't. What I said is accurate to what I know. If that is insulting to you, make your posts public instead of private, and then I won't do it again. Otherwise, I'm sorry, but I may inadvertently insult you again in the future. I won't feel bad about it then, either, because then, like now, I could not possibly predict that my statement is inaccurate or insulting.

It's not arrogance, it's ignorance as a result of your choices. If you want public OOC credit for what you do, do it in public threads - even if it is IC secret.

Septon Arlyn wrote:And Baelon, the reason I was posting on an IC light is because I was trying to show an IC view of what Ser Walton might be thinking.
You should really label such things as what they are then. Otherwise, it looks like you are trying to shape OOC perspectives on events, which is really not appropriate.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:56 am

I was speaking of motivations, that's what I said by everyone is feeling jumpy.

I don't think that OOC people are feeling jumpy. I'm sure that Lady Corinne and I will have a little spat, then I will most likely have to apologize IC ect. Ect.

Just like I'm sure that I can work things out with Daveth, eventually... Septon Arlyn is impressed by his healing during the green door inn event, that might be something they can work on. He also has a young pupil (Terren) who is also a scholarly type. The Septon will want assistance in assisting him in furthering this educational endeavors ect. Maybe even ask Daveth for help in developing the "
poison "

But next time I will clarify when I am speaking about possible and character thoughts.

Last edited by 167 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:57 am

Baelon wrote:It's not arrogance, it's ignorance as a result of your choices. If you want public OOC credit for what you do, do it in public threads - even if it is IC secret.

Exactly the response I expected.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:20 am

If you're not surprised, then why are you angry?
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:44 am

@baelon and nathaniel - can I suggest both of you calm down please
neither of you knows the whole story and there is no need for a pissing competition

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:20 am

Nathaniel and Baelon: You all managed to fix the situation, that's what matters.
Corrine and Walton: Your characters have a differing views on things, but OOC that doesn't matter;
)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:50 am

Positive thoughts and posts OOC for a few days lest your ceiling deprived narrator be sad. :;
):

Let's wrap up story 2 soon and set the scene for the offseason. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next