Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melee Group 6

2 posters

Go down

Melee Group 6 Empty Melee Group 6

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:27 pm

Code:
   | A | B | C | D | E | F | G |
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
 1 |   |   |   | J |   |   |   |
 2 | A |   |   |   |   |   | C |
 3 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
 4 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
 5 | B |   |   |   |   |   | W |
 6 |   |   |   | T |   |   |   |

Ser Jon Templeton (PC)
Ser Corbin Celtigar
Ser Warrick Wheaton
Ser Torrhen Manderly
Ser Wyll Bracken
Ser Abel Redwyne

Jon, Davain, go ahead and roll for initiative, post your stats, equipment, etc.
I'll do the same (and roll for fatigue/injuries) once I finish sorting out the NCs stat blocks.

Last edited by Baelon Drakeson on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Melee Group 6 Empty Re: Melee Group 6

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:13 pm

Ser Warrick Wheaton
Fighting: 7d6k5 16 vs TN 18 Starts with 1 fatigue
Inititiative: 4d6-5 3
CD 12, AR 10
Health 12/12
F/I/W: 1/0/0
Valyrian Steel Bastard Sword, Large Shield, Plate

Ser Torrhen Manderly
Fighting: 6d6k5 21 vs TN 18
Initiative: 2d6-4 -2  Shocked
CD 7, AR 10
Health 9/9
F/I/W: 0/0/0
Superior Battleaxe, Shield, Plate

Ser Wyll Bracken
Fighting: 7d6k5 24 vs TN 18
Initiative: 3d6-3 3 (loses tie w/ Ser Warrick, lower Agility)
CD 7, AR 10
Health 12/12
Superior Boarspear, Longsword, Large Shield (on back), Superior Plate

Ser Abel Redwyne
Fighting: 7d6k5 20 vs TN 18
Initiative: 2d6-4 5
CD 6, AR 10
Health 9/9
Longsword, Shield, Plate

Ser Corbin Celtigar
Pre-Melee Fighting: 8d6k5 23 vs TN 18
M6 Initiative: 3d6-4 11
CD 10, AR 10
Health 9/9
Superior Longsword, Large Shield, Plate

Last edited by Baelon Drakeson on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:22 am

Group 6 Initiative: 3d6r1-4 12
CD: 11, AR: 10
HP: 12 / 12
F / I / W: 0 / 0 / 0
Superior Battleaxe, Dagger, Large Shield, Plate

How many yards per square? Also, for Redwyne I assume longshield means longsword? Smile
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:00 pm

1 yard per square, and no - a longshield is a like a very small shield, often little more than a bar over the handle, with a long sword blade attached...

Er, yes, I meant longsword. Copy/paste error. Rolling Eyes
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:13 pm

Ser Abel warily eyes the valyrian steel present across the circle.

"I heard the bookmakers putting quite favorable odds on Ser Warrick, there. He bested Bold Jon Roxton in a joust a few years back and he's got that sword so I suppose it's no surprise. I doubt any of us could take him one-on-one, so  perhaps the rest of us ought to work together against him, first?"

"I think that's an excellent idea, Ser Abel." Ser Torrhen is quick to add his support. It had surprised many that the immensely rotund Ser Torrhen had made it this far in the competition - indeed, he almost didn't make it to the field in time, as his squire struggled to get the large man's rolls contained within his steel plate - but what he lacked in physical prowess he more than made up for in brains and guile. "What say you, my lord, fellow knights? Ser Wyll, will you join us?"

[Ser Able Convince with assist: 4d6+2 19]

The young man bearing the stallion sigil, surrounded by the two conspirators, nods an assent and hefts his heavy spear.

For his part, Ser Warrick looks less than pleased but stoically says nothing.

[OOC: Jon and Davain can decide how they react, this simple intrigue is in no way binding.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:00 am

Jon stood in the circle of combatants and sized up the competition. Ser Warrick seemed to be the best of the competition with Ser Wyll being quite formidable as well. Ser Torrhen seemed to be sweating profusely just standing there and Ser Abel seemed to be wearing armor three sizes too big. When Ser Abel started looking for allies Jon sneered under his helm. The little runt is looking for allies. He knows he has no place here.

"Three vs. one!? That's not very sporting." Jon hollered across to Ser Warrick, "Shall we even the odds a little? You can count on my axe until it's just you and I!" Jon pointed his axe to Ser Abel, "As for you. I'll be coming for you first." Jon looked over to Ser Davian to see if the man had any reaction before the melee started.
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:00 pm

[OOC: Per Reader, Ser Corbin Celtigar, a Valeman but a long-time guest on House Bartheld will be filling in for the absent Lord Davain.

Initiative Order:
Ser Jon Templeton
Ser Corbin Celtigar
Ser Abel Redwyne
Ser Warrick Wheaton
Ser Wyll Bracken
Ser Torrhen Manderly
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:52 pm

Keeping true to his word, Jon attacked the lead "conspirator" Abel Redwyne. As Jon charged Ser Abel a thought popped into his head. I hope Ser Corbin didn't decide to join with the threesome.

Greater Action: Charge Ser Abel (to A1)
Grand Melee, vs. Redwyne, Charge: 7d6k4+1 21
Damage: 7 x DoS

Take Fatigue to ignore AP if attacked by Wyll Bracken
CD: 11, AR: 10 AP: -4
Superior Battleaxe, Dagger, Large Shield, Plate
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Round 1

Ser Jon (PC)
Ser Jon's barrels into Ser Abel, the latter misjudging the timing of the former's axe completely. Rather than deflect the weapon away, in effect he guides the strike upward as it skips off the top of his shield. The axe catches the southern knight full in the helm, which splits under the force of the blade, and copious amounts of blood streams forth. He collapses, and the Maester's assistants rush forth and carry him off...

[OOC:21 vs CD 6, 4 DoS exact; 28-10AR = 18 Damage, on the assumption that Ser Abel is a secondary character, he is defeated - he cannot take enough injuries to prevent it. As you are not using a vicious weapon, you may choose the consequence.]

Ser Corbin
Ser Corbin was not exactly known as a smart man, nor one particularly hard to sway. He did think of himself as a good and true knight, though, and so while he had some doubts about whether or not attacking Ser Warrick was the honorable thing to do, he took solace in the fact that he was not ganging up on the hedge knight - no, he was going in to face the most fearsome foe available, one-on-one. What could be more honorable than that? Certainly not talking big but targeting the weak like that other fellow... and it would hardly be his fault if Ser Wyll and Ser Torrhen attacked Ser Warrick after he did, right?

[OOC: Free Action: Activate Annointed
Greater Action: Charge Ser Warrick: 8d6k4+1 18 vs CD 12, 2 DoS, 14-10 AR = 10 Damage

Ser Abel
Ser Abel has been defeated.

Ser Warrick
Ser Warrick responds in kind to Ser Corbin's attack, but remains vigilant to the fact that he might have 2 or 3 other foes assaulting him shortly, and opts for a defensive stance. Under normal circumstances it would have been a decent enough hit for the valyrian steel blade to do it's work, but Ser Corbin is able to deflect it enough for his armor to absorb the blow, receiving little more than a scratch to it's steel surface.

[OOC: Lesser Action: Aim
Lesser Action: Defensive Attack w/ Aim vs Ser Corbin: 8d6k4+1 17
Forgot he had a bastard sword, so dropping a random die die to drop (training): 1d8 3 lose a 3, but keep the other 3, no change. Also forgot he already had a fatigue from prior battles, so 16 vs CD 15 (10+anointed), 1 DoS 6-10AR = 0 Damage.

Ser Wyll
Seeing Ser Corbin seeming to get the better of Ser Warrick, at least for the nonce, but also seeing Ser Abel horrendously cut down in one blow, Ser Wyll looks to Ser Torrhen for guidance. The fat man did not seem like he would fare any better than Ser Abel, but he had made it this far with no apparent injuries, so he must have some secret effectiveness.

[OOC: Delay until after Ser Torrhen]

Ser Torrhen
Ser Torrhen was pleased by Ser Corbin's involvement, but wished that Ser Abel had lasted a little longer... oh, and hoped that he was not seriously harmed, of course. This was sport, not war, so even if the other knight's politics were wrong headed, the Manderly knight had no wish for Ser Abel's hurts to be any worse than they seemed. What to do next?
Ser Wyll seemed to be relying upon his guidance, so he had another tool in his arsenal, sharp enough in the right ways, and dull enough in the right ways, too. That axeman of Ninestars would be a problem, perhaps, though Ser Torrhen didn't think of him as severe of a threat as Ser Warrick.... should he send the Bracken to delay the axeman? No, for now Ser Corbin was holding his own, but that could easily reverse and lead to having to deal with two foes at once. Better to stick to the strategy and take down Ser Warrick quickly... if only Ser Abel had held out for another hit or two. Ah well, his fall could still be useful...

"Did you see Ser Abel fall, Ser Warrick? Such vicious ferocity - no doubt he will be a worthy foe for you, hmm?" the large man says as he carefully sidles in next to the hedge knight. Ser Warrick takes the bait, his attention shifting towards Ser Jon...

[OOC: Lesser Action: Distract Ser Warrick: 5d6 19 vs TN 16, success - Ser Warrick does not receive his Awareness to his CD until the end of his next turn or until attacked)
Lesser Action: Move to G6
Will take fatigue to ignore AP if attacked.

Ser Wyll
Seeing Ser Warrick's attention waver, Ser Wyll decides this is the optimal time to strike. The weight of his kit slows him, however, and the charge leaves a lingering weakened sensation. However, his heavy spear finds purchase, snapping Ser Warrick's attention back to the foes at hand.

[OOC: Take Fatigue for extra Lesser Action
Lesser Action: Move to B6
Greater Action: Charge Ser Warrick, 1 fatigue: 6d6k5+1-1 19 vs CD 11, 2 DoS, 16-10AR = 6 damage.
Will take fatigue to ignore AP if attacked.

Code:
---| A | B | C | D | E | F | G |
 1 | J |   |   |   |   |   |   |
 2 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
 4 |   |   |   |   |   |   | C |
 5 |   |   |   |   |   | B | W |
 6 |   |   |   |   |   |   | T |

Initiative Order:
Ser Jon Templeton (12/12)
Ser Corbin Celtigar (9/9, Anointed active)
Ser Abel Redwyne
Ser Warrick Wheaton (2/12, 1 Fatigue, Defensive)
Ser Wyll Bracken (12/12, 1 Fatigue)
Ser Torrhen Manderly (9/9)
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:13 pm

Ser Jon was surprised by the sheer force of the axe's impact on Ser Abel's helm. The fool had so badly mistimed his defense he inadvertently caused a more devastating blow. Under his opponent's helm Ser Jon saw the ruin of the man's face. He found no pleasure or remorse in the action as that was a potential consequence of being in a melee.

Consequence:

Looking up from his defeated opponent Jon saw the three on one on the other side of the field. "Hold fast Ser Warrick! I'm on the way."

LA x 2: Move 4 South to A5

Jon knew he had to find a way to assist Ser Warrick or Jon would soon find himself involved in his own three on one. The lord of Stone Hedge disliked Ser Jon from the royal investigation and Jon hoped Lord Haigh's son shared that dislike. "Bracken!" Jon purposefully left out his title, "Come and face me or will you cower before me as if I am a Blackwood!" Well if that doesn't infuriate him I don't know what will.

Take Fatigue to ignore AP if attacked by Wyll Bracken
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:14 am

Round 2

Ser Jon (PC)
[OOC moves to A5]

Ser Corbin
With a well placed shield bash, somehow seeming both brutal and elegant, Ser Corbin knocks Ser Warrick down. He then follows with an equally brutal but far less elegant downward chop with his sword, bloodying the hedge knight. Laughing he says, thick with the accent of his homelands on Claw Isle, "Yer got a fancy sword, but yer bleed jes like any other man, don' yer?" Ser Corbin, in addition to not being known as very bright is also not known for his linguistic talent.

[OOC:
Lesser Action: Knockdown Ser Warrick: 4d6 24  uh, yeah, a perfect roll is a success.
Lesser Action: Attack vs Ser Warrick w/ KD, LBF1: 6d6 21 vs CD 15, 2 DoS +1 DoS for LBF1, 15 - 10AR = 5 Damage
Ser Warrick takes an injury to reduce it to 1 Damage.

Ser Corbin will take a fatigue ifwhen attacked.

Ser Warrick
Ser Warrick knew he would not last long against three opponents on the ground, so puts every effort into standing... but just can't get his balance. Determined not to give up, he lashes out at his most dangerous attacker, hoping to weaken him. Of course, he had hoped that Ser Jon would actually come to his aid, but apparently that - like standing - was too much to hope for. His Valyrian steel sword bit into his opponent's plate where a lesser blade would have been turned away, but he knows that it was a paltry hit at best.

[OOC: Free action, take fatigue to ignore AP for a round
Lesser Action: Quick Stand: 4d6-3 4 Ganged up on or not, Orokos has decreed that Ser Warrick is not going to win.  Neutral
Lesser Action: Attack Ser Corbin: 6d6k5 22-3 = 19 vs CD 14,  2 DoS 12-10AR = 2 Damage

Ser Wyll
Ser Wyll heard Ser Jon's taunts but merely rolled his eyes under his helm. Only a fool would turn his back on Ser Warrick now... and Ser Wyll was not that much of a fool. Of course, he was also not so much of a fool as to realize that he would soon be facing Ser Jon, too, so best to eliminate the threat of Ser Warrick swiftly.

He stabs his broad-bladed spear down at Ser Warrick - not a particularly elegant strike, but enough to draw more blood from the beleaguered hedge knight. He tosses his spear aside and straps on his shield. Ser Warrick had been largely focused on the loud and aggressive Ser Corbin, but Ser Jon had already made his intentions to attack him clear... and he was not so much of a fool to ignore that.

[OOC:
Lesser Action: Attack Ser Warrick, KD: 7d6k6+1-1 21 vs CD 16, 2 DoS 12-10AR = 2 Damage.
Ser Warrick takes an injury to reduce it to 0.
Free action: drop spear.
Lesser Action: ready shield.
Will take fatigue if attacked.

Ser Torrhen
Ser Jon had not joined the battle yet, good. After Ser Warrick he was clearly the most dangerous foe. From the sound of it he would focus on Ser Wyll, and by readying his shoeld Ser Wyll clearly thought so, too. A pity really, Ser Torrhen had started to take a liking to the plucky young man... a shame he was shackled with the burdens of his ancestral strife, and his father's ill-tempered support for the Queen's faction, likely just because some Blackwood - maybe the bride herself - had said something in support of the Princess. Ah well, perhaps he could do something about that latter, have a few words with the lad later... though by then the young man may not feel particularly favorable towards him, depending on how well this played out, and how much of a grudge the young Bracken might hold. If he's anything like his father... but that's something to worry about later. For now, it woudl be best to get Ser Warrick out of the competition, so that both his men could focus on Ser Jon.

"I think you've taken hurts enough, wouldn't you agree Ser Warrick? A yield now would be prudence, not cowardice. Let yourself be hurt any more and some bandit might decide to take that pretty sword of yours from you before you've recovered enough to defend it." That ought to be sufficient - as large as the purses were at this tourney, that sword was worth far more, and it's not like Ser Warrick had much of a chance of winning now, anyway. Best to have a contingency, though.

"Take care not to fall on that spear when you get up, Ser Warrick." It was off the cuff, not Ser Torrhen's best effort, but good enough to get the job done.

[OOC: Lesser Action: Convince Ser Warrick: 5d6k4 13
Lesser Action: Distract Ser Warrick: 5d6 16 vs TN 16, success - Ser Warrick does not receive his Awareness to his CD until the end of his next turn (or until attacked)

Code:
 1 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
 4 |   |   |   |   |   |   | C |
 5 | J |   |   |   |   | B | W |

Initiative Order:
Ser Jon Templeton (12/12)
Ser Corbin Celtigar (7/9, 1 Fatigue, no AP [CD 14])
Ser Abel Redwyne
Ser Warrick Wheaton (1/12, 2 Fatigue, 2 Injuries, no AP, Distracted [CD 12])
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:14 am

Ser Jon had to enter the melee and he had to do it immediately. His attempt to lure Ser Wyll away from Ser Warrick had failed and the Bracken heir had dropped his spear and readied his shield in preparation for a charge. Except the charge never came. Instead, Ser Jon lined up for a charge on the halfwit Ser Corbin.

Spend Fatigue to gain extra LA
LA: Move to B4
GA: Charge Ser Corbin (F4)

As Jon charged the knight he brought his axe up high and delivered a powerful downward blow to the shield arm of Ser Corbin. Blood instantly started to flow from the successful hit. It was during this strike that Jon had two simultaneous thoughts. At least Wyll doesn't have a sword drawn yet. And I heard House Celtigar has a Valyrian axe in its possession. I wonder if that's true...

Melee, Charge vs. Celtigar: 7d6k4 21
Melee, Charge vs. Celtigar BoA reroll: 1d6 5

[6, 6, 5, 5] = 22 + 2 Once per day BoA = 24 vs CD 14 3 DoS = 21 - 10 = 11 Damage
Ser Corbin takes 1 Fatigue.

F / I / W: 1 / 0 / 0
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:33 am

[OOC: Another nasty hit by Jon. Orokos is loving you, this fight. Full update tomorrow, I'm heading to sleep for now. Ser Corbin does not take an additional fatigue, as the fatigue he took when Ser Warrick attacked him is still active. However, that hit will force him to take 3 injuries (thanks to Ser Warrick's little scrape), so he's really not in great shape.

What's Ser Jon's Passive Will? It will probably be coming up shortly.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:45 am

Baelon Drakeson wrote:What's Ser Jon's Passive Will? It will probably be coming up shortly.]

[ooc]Will 3 so Passive 9 or 12? Praying to the Orokos gods that Cunning 5 of Manderly gets lots of 1s in his roll. lol[/ooc]
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:50 am

[OOC: that would be a passive of 12. Also, your Awareness is 4?]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:01 am

Correct.
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:54 pm

Round 3

Ser Jon (PC)
Ser Corbin grunts under the vicious assault, blood pouring from his shoulder where the axe had bit deep.
[OOC 24 vs 14, 3 Dos, 21-10AR, 11 Damage Ser Corbin takes 2 injuries to reduce it to 5 (previously misreported that he had to take 3, but I was tired and did the math wrong lol)

Ser Corbin
"Yer a bloody basterd, yer are." He tries to batter down Ser Jon as he did Ser Warrick, but to a laughable degree of failure. With a wordless grunt, almost a howl, he swings at Ser Jon with all his might, connecting

[OOC: Free Action: Take a fatigue to ignore injuries
Lesser Action: Knockdown Ser Jon: 4d6-2 6 er, no. Orokos she giveth...
Take a fatigue for an extra action
Greater Action: Reckless Attack Ser Jon: 9d6k6+1-3 28 vs CD 12, 4 DoS, 20 - 10AR = 10 Damage ..and she taketh away.

Ser Warrick
Ser Warrick had decided to yield - but Ser Corbin's recklessness opened up an opportunity that could not be ignored.  Mindful of the other two warriors around him, he puts his emphasis on defense but strikes at the ill-defended Ser Corbin - not the most elegant of blows, but sufficient to draw more blood from the already injured Crab knight. Calling forth all his effort, he rises to his feet. A cheer rises up through the crowd - many had thought their favorite defeated, but now it was clear that he was still in the fight.

[OOC: Lesser Action: Cautious Attack vs Ser Corbin: 6d6k4-4 12 vs CD 5, 2 DoS 12-10AR = 2 Damage
Ser Corbin takes an injury to reduce it to 0
Free Action: take a fatigue for an extra action
Greater Action: Stand

Ser Wyll
Faced on two sides by dangerous foes, one heavily injured but in a defensive posture, the other hurt but unbloodied, Ser Wyll is uncertain who the greater threat is. Ser Torrhen has had a better grasp on these things, so he draws his sword and waits to see what the older man says.
[OOC: Delay until after Ser Torrhen
Narratively he draws his sword here because it makes more sense and makes no difference mechanically, but technically he would have to wait until he takes his turn after Ser Torrhen's.

Ser Torrhen
Well now, the tables had turned somewhat hadn't they? Not too bad though - though if Ser Corbin had kept his cool... well, that ship has sailed, no value thinking about it now. Still, Ser Warrick was still in the fight, for now, but unlikely to be a threat to those who minded him. No, Ser Jon was clearly the more dangerous -and vicious - of the two foes. For sure it was Ser Abel's own fault that he was struck in the face, but it didn't look like Ser Jon had pulled the blow or tuned the blade. Ser Abel would be lucky to be alive, but wouldn't likely be much to look at after this. Hopefully he was already married... well, there were lots of houses that would love to marry into the Redwynes, if he were not too removed from the main vine, so to speak.

Oh look, Ser Wyll is turning to him for guidance again, good, good. They were stronger as a team, Ser Torrhen the mind and Ser Wyll the fist. So then, the mind must guide the fist appropriately, and clear the way if possible. "Ser Jon, I do believe that buxom lass wants to give you her favor - and maybe more, hmm?"

Of course, sooner or later Ser Torrhen would have to use his axe - he wasn't here to guide Ser Wyll to victory, so best to be prepared.

[OOC: Lesser Action: Distract Ser Jon: 5d6 17
Lesser Action: Aim

Ser Wyll
Well, that made things simple. While Ser Jon was looking at the crowds to find the buxom lass, Ser Wyll brought his longsword around at the knight's blind side. It was a solid hit and he wished he had still had his spear in hand, but he would be glad for the shield when the inevitable counterattack came, he was sure.

[OOC: Lesser Action: Draw longsword
Lesser Action: Attack Ser Jon: 6d6k5-1 21 vs CD 7, 3 DoS 15-10AR = 5 damage, Ser Jon must take an injury or be defeated. (Let me know if you choose to be defeated, I am assuming that you do not).
Had Ser Wyll had his boar spear it would have been 22 for 4 DoS, 24-10AR for 14 Damage, which would have required 4 injuries to remain undefeated.
Ser Wyll will take a fatigue to ignore AP if attacked.

Code:
 4 |   |   |   |   |   | J | C |

Initiative Order:
Ser Jon Templeton (1/12, 1 Fatigue, 1 Injury)
Ser Corbin Celtigar (2/9, 3 Fatigue, 3 Injuries, Reckless [CD 5])
Ser Abel Redwyne
Ser Warrick Wheaton (1/12, 3 Fatigue, 2 Injuries, Defensive [CD 15])
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Jon was trading blows with Ser Corbin when he heard the word 'buxom'. Large breasts? Where? Ser Jon instinctively looked up into the crowd in hopes of seeing what Torrhen was talking about. A voice in the back of his mind screamed NO but Jon couldn't resist ogling a buxom lass. As the voice in his head tried to warn him the savage blow from Ser Wyll struck Jon's side. The Bracken's sword had struck hard and true and Jon could feel the flow of blood trickle down his side.

Jon grunted in pain as he refocused on the two knights he was fighting. Ser Corbin was almost finished. He was a wounded animal that needed to be put down. When Jon was a squire for Ser Theomore he had always told him a creature wounded was when it was at its most dangerous. Ser Corbin had overextended himself and opened himself up to a counterattack. Though Ser Jon was being cautious in his attack his battle axe found purchase in the already injured shoulder of Ser Corbin.

Melee vs. Celtigar, Cautios Attack: 7d6k4-1 18 vs. CD 5

3 DoS, 15 -10 = 5 Damage, Ser Corbin Celtigar Defeated.

Jon rained blow after blow onto Ser Corbin's shoulder until the knight stumbled away, dropping his weapon and clutching the ruined arm as he fell to the ground. Under his helm Jon smiled. Two down, two to go.

Ser Jon faced Ser Wyll, "You're next." Jon began a series of swipes at Ser Wyll's legs in an attempt to knock him down but it proved unsuccessful.

Melee vs. Wyll, Kockdown TN 12: 4d6k4-2 8 = Fail

"Ser Warrick! The tide has turned! Let us finish this stallion then harpoon ourselves a whale!"

Fatigue to ignore AP if attacked
CD: 14 or 18 (+3 Cautious Attack, +4 ignore AP with Fatigue)
AR / AP: 10 / -4
HP: 1/12
F / I / W: 1 / 1 / 0
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:53 pm

Round 4

Ser Jon (PC)
The field of battle is once again wet by Ser Corbin's blood, and the swordsman crumbles to the ground, swiftly pulled off the field by waiting attendants.
[OOC Yeah, that'll do it. Don't forget to pick a consequence.]

Ser Corbin
Ser Corbin is defeated.

Ser Warrick
Ser Warrick takes a moment to catch his breath - with Ser Corbin defeated and Ser Wyll's attention on Ser Jon, the only foe to worry about is... not worth worrying about.
I'll help him the way he helped me... I won't attack him, but other than that he's on his own for a while.... until he's bleeding as bad as me, at least.

[OOC: Greater Action: Catch Your Breath: 4d6-5 10 Ser Warrick recovers 3 health.

Ser Wyll
[OOC: Shockingly, Ser Wyll delays until after Ser Torrhen

Ser Torrhen
Ser Warrick is recovering, but Ser Torrhen doesn't really want to draw his ire just yet... and as weakened as Ser Warrick is, it would take longer than this for him to really recover.
Ser Jon certainly seemed to be interested in that buxom lass, I can work  with that. Simple pleasures for simple minds, yes?
"Oh, it's pity you can't see her Ser Jon, she's jumping for joy that you defeated Ser Corbin."
In lower volume, he passes on some advice to his young puppet - er, friend.
"His stance is weak, get him off his feet first, and don't worry, I've got your back."

[OOC: Lesser Action: Distract Ser Jon: 5d6 21
Lesser Action: Assist Ser Wyll Athletics

Ser Wyll
Taking Ser Torrhen's advice, Ser Wyll bulls into Ser Jon, sending the Templeton knight to his knees. However, the Bracken heir over extends, and as a result of his attempts to keep his own balance, his strike is easily deflected by Ser Jon - though Ser Jon, expecting a stronger hit, puts more effort into it than is necessary, which may cost him later.

[OOC:
Lesser Action: Knockdown Ser Jon: 4d6+1-1 15 vs TN 12, success
Lesser Action: Attack Ser Jon w/ KD: 7d6k6-1 17  Suspect vs. CD 14 (Defensive and No AP, but No Awareness), so still 1 DoS, but no damage.

Ser Wyll will take a fatigue to ignore AP if attacked.

Code:
 4 |   |   |   |   |   | J |   |

Initiative Order:
Ser Jon Templeton (1/12, 2 Fatigue, 1 Injury, Prone)
Ser Corbin Celtigar
Ser Abel Redwyne
Ser Warrick Wheaton (4/12, 3 Fatigue, 2 Injuries)
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:59 am

Ser Corbin's Consequence:

As Jon lay on his back he saw the heir to Stone Hedge bring his sword down for a punishing blow to Jon's midsection. Thinking fast Jon brought up his shield and deflected the strike easily. Rolling to his side and getting onto one knee Jon used his battle axe in an attempt to knock Ser Wyll to the ground. The swing was too slow and Ser Wyll jumped back from the attempt. "Too slow!" Ser Wyll mocked.

Melee vs. Wyll, Knockdown TN 12: 4d6k4-3 9

Knowing he was at a disadvantage Jon brought he shield up and fought defensively worried more about surviving the next attack from Wyll than scoring a nasty hit.

Melee vs. Wyll, Cautious Attack: 7d6k4-2 13
Melee vs. Wyll, Cautious Attack BoA Reroll: 1d6 6

[6, 6, 4, 3] +1 Superior Wepaon, - 3 Fatigue/Injury = 17
Ser Wyll takes a Fatigue

Jon looks at Ser Warrick incredulously Don't just stand there you dumb bastard., "Let us take down Ser Wyll together! Don't let them regain the momentum!"

Take Fatigue if attacked
CD: 14 or 18 (+3 Cautious Attack, +4 ignore AP with Fatigue)
F / I / W: 2 / 1 / 0
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:12 am

Round 5

Ser Jon (PC)
Ser Wyll neatly evaded Ser Jon's efforts, but is clearly beginning to tire.

Ser Warrick
"Two vs. one? Hadly seems sporting." The tone of his voice is lightly jestful. However, rather than trying to catch his breath, Ser Warrick tenses, perhaps waiting for something...
If I attack now, they'll respond in kind. No, better to appear not a threat just yet.
[OOC: Delay until after Ser Wyll and Ser Torrhen take action.

Ser Wyll
[OOC: Shockingly, Ser Wyll delays until after Ser Torrhen

Ser Torrhen
Ser Warrick's tense posture worries Ser Torrhen. The hedge knight had something planned, and Ser Torrhen didn't like it. Still, Ser Jon was the bigger threat... or was he? Flat on his back, bleeding... and Ser Warrick has that sword... He had been hoping for Ser Wyll to be a bit more worn down before it was just the two of them... well, there was still time for that.  
"Oh, Ser Jon, it seems your lady friend has found someone else to put her arms. Sorry about that."
And again, in a lower voice,
"Good work putting Ser Jon down, my boy. Don't let up the pressure on him, but let's do the same for Ser Warrick, shall we?
[OOC: Free Action: Awareness(Empathy) to detect Ser Warrick's intentions: 4d6 15
Lesser Action: Distract Ser Jon: 5d6 17 success
Lesser Action: Assist Ser Wyll Athletics

Ser Torrhen will take a fatigue if attacked.

Ser Wyll
He wants me to knockdown Ser Warrick, but keep attacking Ser Jon? He must have some sort of plan.
Ser Wyll tries to follow through on what Ser Torrhen said, but splitting his attention - combined with the fatigue setting in from defending against Ser Jon - renders both actions less than successful.
[OOC: Lesser Action: Knockdown Ser Warrick: 4d6+1 17 -2 fatigue, 15 fails by 1
Lesser Action: Attack vs. Ser Jon, KD: 7d6k6-2 19 vs. CD 14 (Defensive and No AP, but No Awareness), 2 DoS, 10-10AR = 0 damage. Jon takes another fatigue.

Ser Warrick
Hmph. If you want to kill a snake, cut off it's tail - just behind the head.
"I tire of your squealing, Ser Torrhen."
He pushes at Ser Torrhen with his shield, weakly, but Ser Torrhen is clearly knocked off balance, teeters, and falls. His sword strikes down at the corpulent man, but Ser Torrhen manages to deflect the worst of it with his shield. Still, for the first time this fight, Ser Torrhen is sweating for reasons other than the heat.

[OOC: Lesser Action: Knockdown Ser Torrhen: 4d6-5 8 just enough...
[OOC: Lesser Action: Cautious Attack vs Ser Torrhen w/KD: 7d6k5+1-5 18 vs TN 11 [Fatigue] 2 DoS, 12-10AR = 2 Damage

Code:

Initiative Order:
Ser Jon Templeton (1/12, 3 Fatigue, 1 Injury, Prone)
Ser Corbin Celtigar
Ser Abel Redwyne
Ser Warrick Wheaton (4/12, 3 Fatigue, 2 Injuries, Defensive [CD 15])
Ser Wyll Bracken (12/12, 2 Fatigue)
Ser Torrhen Manderly (7/9, 1 Fatigue, Prone)
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Despite being at the disadvantage Jon couldn't help but smile at Ser Warrick's jest, "With Ser Torrhen's girth I'd say we're still outnumbered." Jon was too fatigued to stand so he made no attempt to. Instead he continued to fight defensively with his shield held high to prevent Ser Wyll from delivering a knockout blow. Taking his time to aim, Jon swung at Wyll's hip in an attempt to find an opening at the bottom of his breastplate.

LA: Aim
LA: Cautious Attack

Melee, vs. Wyll, Cautious Attack w/ Aim: 8d6k4-3 14
Melee, vs. Wyll, BoA Reroll: 1d6 6

[6, 5, 4, 4] +1, -4 = 16

CD: 11 (14) (+3 Cautious Attack)
F / I / W: 3 / 1 / 0
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:45 pm

Round 6

Ser Jon (PC)
Ser Wyll's armor once again absorbs Ser Jon's axe blow, receiving another dent that some armorer would no doubt swear over later as they labored to repair it.

[OOC: 16 vs CD 11, 2 DoS, 10-10AR = 0 Damage

Ser Warrick
Ser Warrick, while remaining vigilant for a counter attack, continues to pound away at Ser Torrhen, slowly but surely wearing him down.

[OOC: Lesser Action: Aim
Lesser Action: Cautious Attack v Ser Torrhen, KD & Aim: 8d6k5+1-5 17 vs CD 11, 2 DoS, 12-10AR = 2 Damage
Note: Ser Torrhen's fatigue from the last time Ser Warrick attacked him is still active - the penalty paid for delaying in the last round to avoid drawing Ser Wyll's attack.

Ser Wyll
Ser Torrhen's been helping me, now i need to help him.
He once again tries to knock down the hedge knight with little success, Ser Warrick's balance is just too good.
That's just not going to happen. I'm wasting my time.
Similarly, Ser Wyl's attack is swiftly deflected, doing no further harm to Ser Warrick.
Maybe I should go back to my spear...

[OOC: Shockingly, Ser Wyll does not delay until after Ser Torrhen
Lesser Action: Knockdown Ser Warrick: 4d6-2 11 vs TN 16, fails.
Lesser Action: Attack Ser Warrick: 6d6k5-2 16 vs CD 15, 1 DoS.

Ser Torrhen
"Appreciate the thought, Ser Wyll, but we're best working together, yes?"
The corpulent knight grunts with exertion as he stands up again.

[OOC: Greater action: Stand
Ser Torrhen will take a fatigue if attacked after being knocked down.

Code:

Initiative Order:
Ser Jon Templeton (1/12, 3 Fatigue, 1 Injury, Prone, Defensive [CD 14])
Ser Corbin Celtigar
Ser Abel Redwyne
Ser Warrick Wheaton (4/12, 3 Fatigue, 2 Injuries, Defensive [CD 15])
Ser Wyll Bracken (12/12, 2 Fatigue)
Ser Torrhen Manderly (5/9, 1 Fatigue)
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:27 am

[ooc]If I pass does my +3 CD carry over until I act? I wanted to get some rules clarification before I posted.[/ooc]
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:34 am

[OOC: While the book doesn't explicitly say one way or the other, I'm going to say no - the CD bonus lasts until the start of your next turn, the same as fatigue effects.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down