Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 2: Early Night] Knight Moves (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[Day 2: Early Night] Knight Moves (Closed) Empty [Day 2: Early Night] Knight Moves (Closed)

Post by Jon Cobb Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:21 am

The royal couple were quartered in the finest guest rooms of Riverrun. An open fireplace kept the rooms pleasantly warm and dry in the evening chill, complemented by expensive Myrish carpets and tapestries. A little too dry even - I'm parched. Or perhaps I just shouldn't have had so much ale before coming, Jon mused.

"
My lord Prince,"
Jon rasped, kneeling before Prince Daemon Targaryen. "
I thank you for seeing me at such a late hour, and thank you for your greeting yesterday - I am honored."

No bloodstains on these carpets, Jon thought, as his mind drifted back to his own little keep in the Stepstones. These were bought with gold and silver, not won raiding passing merchantmen...

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

[Day 2: Early Night] Knight Moves (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 2: Early Night] Knight Moves (Closed)

Post by Reader Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:05 am

Prince Daemon Targaryen, sometime King of the Stepstones &
the Narrow Sea.

Even in middle-age, Prince Daemon still long as fit as men half his age and twice as dangerous too.

"
The Hero of the assault on Bloodstone has no call to kneel before me. Rise Ser Jon. Unlike some, I remember those who have served. I remember loyal service and those who have sworn oaths, even if the oath takers themselves have forgotten."

He gestures for wine to be brought forth - it's a Dornish red, much finer than anything that the Tullys have served so far.

"
The caravel I captured brought a rich bounty, and I say you've earned your share a hundred fold."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 2: Early Night] Knight Moves (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 2: Early Night] Knight Moves (Closed)

Post by Jon Cobb Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Jon hauls himself to his feet, leaning lightly on his maul for support.

A good start at least. Well, no sense in beating about the bush - better get straight to the point.

"
This is a fine wine indeed, my prince, and it gladdens my heart to hear that you remember those who have served you well, for I am here to ask a favor of you on behalf of a loyal comrade who also served well - Brom Bartheld. My prince, I am sure you already know that Brom has managed to incur your brother's wrath for stepping down as lord of House Bartheld, and that the king's disfavor threatens all that Brom managed to build before his departure. I know Brom well, my prince, and I know that he bears the king no ill will, nor did he mean any disrespect to the king by leaving the fief he was so graciously granted. This is merely a case of Brom's impulsiveness getting the better of him again, and therefore it seems to me that Brom's punishment is disproportionate to his crime. My prince, is there perhaps some way that you could influence your brother to forgive Brom?"

OOC: Bleargh. Another infodump.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:38 pm

Prince Daemon sighs, a rarity from the normally irrepressible warrior.

"
My brother bears me no great love and my intercession has been known to drive the Queen to intercede, fearing some stratagem on my part."

"
I for are willing, I shall seat what I can do for your cause and Brom, but given the situation at court my voice alone will not be enough to carry the day."

"
It is the royal prerogative to forgive, and it would please me to aid Brom, by dragonfire, I've done worse in my time, all for the good of the realm."

"
If you are prepared to run the risks of my support, I shall intercede on your behalf, but know that I shall require this consideration to be repaid."

[OOC: if you accept, record the favour owed on your character sheet]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:02 pm

"
My prince, I understand that even with your aid, seeing Brom forgiven is by no means certain. But this is a matter of friendship, and I would risk much to aid a friend as true as Brom. Any help you can offer is most welcome."
Jon bows once more to the prince and then flashes a roguish smile as he continues: "
And if I may say so my prince, it seems to me that I have already endured greater risks in your service than I am now taking by accepting your aid..."

OOC: Famous last words! Very Happy

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:08 pm

Jon's words bring back the Prince he's used to as Daemon flashes an equally daredevil smile.

"
Done then! Though I fear the enemies my friendship brings will summon foes as deadly as those you faced on the Stepstones Ser Jon. A man's reputation is a precious thing, and can be shredded with a few words in the right place. These are foes that you cannot crush with a hammer - they may remain forever beyond your reach, sniping from the shadows."

Prince Daemon offers a firm handshake - not the needless posturing of lesser men, but the firm grip of a warrior.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:43 pm

"
Then I must hope that these foes can find more interesting prey than a jumped-up boy from Flea Bottom, my prince. And if all else fails, I've always wanted to go back to Lys some day,"
Jon replies with seeming bravado as he takes the prince's hand.

Well boy, you're up to your neck in it now...

/end thread?

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:12 am

/scene, as the next supplicant quickly takes Jon's place.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down