Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 3 MA]At the high table[Closed]

2 posters

Go down

[Day 3 MA]At the high table[Closed] Empty [Day 3 MA]At the high table[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed May 06, 2015 12:46 am

Theomore did not miss his opportunity to converse with princes, princesses and queens. As is his wont, he readily seek to engage in pleasant conversation, avoiding the common courtesies that the prince had told him bored them all half to death, though he is careful in showing his respects. The talk is mostly between him and the prince, of the good old days at Bloodstone, though as the conversation flows, he finds a moment to mention a certain episode occurring the night before.

"
It would appear, my prince, that the Ferocious Frey forced himself upon a serving girl last night, and gave his bethrothed, Sofia Blackwood a whack when she confronted him about this. Her family are quite wroth it would seem."
Both lords Blackwood and Frey had pledged themselves quite strongly to support Rhaenyra as the king's heir, for certain the prince and princess would want the situation resolved, the queen however, might prefer a full on feud. Neither side was like to have any qualms about throwing Ser Benjen to the dogs in order to achieve their ends, now...if only Theomore could make them both decide that doing exactly that was the way to do this.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 3 MA]At the high table[Closed] Empty Re: [Day 3 MA]At the high table[Closed]

Post by Reader Wed May 06, 2015 7:36 am

[Placeholder]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 3 MA]At the high table[Closed] Empty Re: [Day 3 MA]At the high table[Closed]

Post by Reader Wed May 06, 2015 7:54 pm

Prince Daemon was the life and soul of the party, but adopted a more serious tone at Themore's words.

"
A dark tale indeed, you did well to bring this to me Ser Theomore. My wife's friends should not be at each other's throats. Have you spoken of this to the queen? What more do you know of events?"

[OOC: how full a version you give the prince is up to you, TN 17 Deception is you lie - you won't necessarily call you on it or know the exact truth, but he's a sharp operator. You're dealing with a dangerous NPC here, perhaps the most dangerous one]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed May 06, 2015 9:04 pm

"
I am afraid that the accusations against Ser Benjen are true, my prince. I have heard the same tale from two different accounts, Ser Benjen followed the serving girl when she retired for the night, none realizing what was happening before the screams roused some of the guests upstairs. I hope it wasn't my own encouragements earlier in the night, when we discussed the day's hunt, and a different sort of prey, that lead to this."
Best to let the prince know that Theomore had been there now rather than let him find that out later, carefully choosing his words as to avoid lying. He does indeed hope that it is all on Raff, but of that matter, he is rather doubtful, and hardly proud of it. But such is warfare, on the battlefield and the courtroom. The highborn play their game of thrones, and the smallfolk suffer no matter what move is made, one way or the other. "
As for this morning's events, one of our sworn swords, a cousin to the Blackwoods, took it upon himself to investigate, he learned that the Lady Sofia confronted her betrothed about this, accusing him of having doubly dishonored her, which he denied and struck her. The Blackwoods are very angry, and may well cancel the marriage."

"
I have not told the queen, no, but I imagine the tale will not be long in reaching her."
From what he knew of King's Landing, Theomore would half expect this conversation in it's entirety to be reported word by word ears the prince did not wish to listen to it.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed May 06, 2015 9:55 pm

At the idea of a thwarted marriage, Daemon clenches his goblet. Daemon is a brutal pragmatist, displaying little concern for the assaulted young woman.

"
Ill news, this should have bound friends together, it now risks driving them apart. This boil needs to be lanced quickly. No doubt Lord Tully shall investigate and conduct a trial - he will delight in stirring up problems among the Princess's loyal friends. If the evidence and testimony is as you say, I expect nothing less than trial by combat, and Ser Benjen has the prowess to win his freedom by force of arms, even if it will not win back his reputation."

"
Do you know this Lady Sofia Blackwood? I am afraid I am too occupied at King's Landing to be familiar with her."

[OOC: Similar test to lie or you can disclose]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed May 06, 2015 10:29 pm

"
Lord Blackwood's daughter, a raven haired beauty, recently a woman grown as I understand it. Somewhat insecure like many her age, judging by my brief acquaintance."
All of which where true, the nature of Theomore's acquaintances the prince himself had instructed him well on how to be discreet about. He leans in close to whisper, for these words he would have no other ears than that of the prince.

"
If I may speculate my prince, I wonder perhaps if it would be best if the Blackwoods might be dissuaded from riding against Ser Benjen? Make it appear as if Ser Benjen is made a victim of the larger forces at work? Though I think he must also be defeated, so that the Blackwoods can be satisfied by the result. I cannot see both Frey and Blackwood coming out happy, so best make one of them so, and the other angry at our enemies..."
A wicked smile crosses Theomore's lips.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu May 07, 2015 9:14 pm

"
Greater forces? Perhaps there is indeed a conspiracy behind this, you are right to be cautious..."
A less subtle man would wink conspiratorially.

"
To what end however? Why risk chaos when we can cleanly cut out this cancer?"

"
How would you seek to turn this on the plotters? It may be best to simply discipline Ser Benjen - a lesson he cannot forget if necessary - and allow the schemers to think their plot undiscovered, but I will hear you out."
Anyone overhearing would be moved by the apparent sincerity in Daemon's voice, outraged at such a scheme against black supporters.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu May 07, 2015 9:40 pm

"
My prince did just say that it most likely would come to a trial by combat?"
Theomore allows himself to muse on the topic as if he had no personal stake in this. "
And surely, someone would no doubt wish for him to face a Blackwood? If Lord Tully were forced to choose another, there is a small victory already."

"
Though it might perhaps be best if Ser Benjen were swallow the bitter poison and take the black for the sake of his family?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu May 07, 2015 9:44 pm

"
I fear Ser Benjen is not the type to go quietly in to the night and serve the realm. He'll trust to his sword arm and with good reason."

"
You are right the Blackwoods will inevitably seek to face him - mayhap a plea for not deepening the conflict will prevail, naming an external champion to avoid a cycle of retribution?"

"
Well said Ser Theo, you have learned much and more since you were a squire at my side. Who could gainsay such a plan, with peace and goodwill at its core?"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri May 08, 2015 5:39 pm

"
Primarily the Blackwoods, I suppose."
Theomore answers "
And those who hopes for a Blackwood sword to cross with that of a Frey..."

"
Perhaps a champion might be persuaded to step forward, my prince? One the Blackwoods can accept? Few true knights can abide one of their brotherhood breaking their charge in the name of the maid...."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 2:00 pm

"
It would be a knightly thing for someone to step in, and the Blackwoods do not lack for friends, knights or not. They may be wary of going up against Ser Benjen, unless you have a talented man in mind."

"
Still, this may be an ideal way to lance this boil, if Ser will forgive me the leaden pun."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat May 09, 2015 2:26 pm

"
There are many men of talent present at this tourney, my prince."
Theomore's smile is that of a man with someone in mind.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 09, 2015 2:53 pm

"
I shall leave matters in your competent hands then."

"
You will understand that my duties shall keep me from this matter directly."
Daemon hinted that some distance would be polticially convenient should Theomore's plans misfire.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat May 09, 2015 3:56 pm

"
But of course, my prince."
One does not squire for this man and not pick up quite a few things about politics unless one is deaf and stupid. Theomore cannot be said to be either.

[/Scene methinks.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down