Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[P1-Post Mushroom] A table for two [Closed]

2 posters

Go down

[P1-Post Mushroom] A table for two [Closed] Empty [P1-Post Mushroom] A table for two [Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:04 pm

"The Stag", nested halfway up Aegon's hill had been the favorite of Lord Orys Baratheon, or so the proprietor claimed, maybe it was, a good place to get some peace and quiet, secluded alcoves with tapestries muffling the sounds as does the heavy curtain separating them from the rest of the room. With his trusted aide outside keeping an eye out for anyone overly curious, there would be no question as to privacy. Theomore did not put much stock in the preferences of the first hand, but this place was one of his favorites. They also had a well stocked cellar, including Arbor Red from three winters back. He had to order it, very good vintage, but he shouldn't make it a habit, habits of any sort could be exploited. Or would that cross the line between caution and paranoia? A question for another time. His invitation had been sent, without quite knowing if the guest would show up.

If he did not? Well, Raff didn't mind wine, even though he couldn't tell the difference between this one and any other sort of Arbor Red, and there was always something to discuss. Not quite the company he was hoping for, however.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[P1-Post Mushroom] A table for two [Closed] Empty Re: [P1-Post Mushroom] A table for two [Closed]

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:30 pm

"Ser Theomore." Nathan smiled as he arrived. "A pleasure to see you again." The words sounded sincere, whether or not the man was sincere was difficult to say. He was a man well-practiced in courtesy.

Nathan had not much changed since their first meeting in Riverrun. Perhaps half an inch taller, his shoulders perhaps half an inch broader. His face subtly more angular. His eyes, if anything, were bluer. He dressed in dark navy today. His clothing perfectly tailored as usual with little or no ornamentation except for an ornate silver sapphire broach and the diamond ring gifted to him from Lord Frey.

He placed a bottle down beside the one already there. "A good choice in wine. This is a Bartheld Red from high summer. Shall we see how they compare?"
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

[P1-Post Mushroom] A table for two [Closed] Empty Re: [P1-Post Mushroom] A table for two [Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:52 pm

"I can see why almost everyone likes you, master Nathan." Some such as Eoric Tully did not, their loss, but not if liking the young man made one forget that he could be as dangerous as few others. "You know how to make irresistible suggestions"

Theomore, however, liked him, anyone able to pull themselves out of the gutter or from a hedge by their own wits and will deserved admiration, as opposed to those born with everything and squandered it on idle fancies.

He opened up the first bottle, it wasn't much competition really, the Redwyne's had been making wine before there ever was any Barthelds. "That was some party out on the lake, I am hard pressed to recall a spectacle that could quite compare, though I hear the Dothrakhi considers a weddings without at least three deaths a rather sordid affair." He gives it a pause while pouring. "I think I'll pass on attendance should I find myself in the vicinity of one."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:50 pm

"I am in agreement with you, Ser."  replied Nathan as he sipped his wine.  "Anyone dying at a party, to me, implies extreme carelessness of the host."  He grinned mischievously.  "You don't throw a party to have someone die.  You throw a party to give yourself an alibi.

I am glad you enjoyed the Carnival.  I worked very hard to make it memorable.  The acrobats from Yi Ti went down very well, although I admit that was more a personal indulgence.  If one is going to spend excessive amounts of other peoples' money, I see no reason why a few personal fantasies can't be satisfied along the way. Hopefully many satisfied one or two fantasies that night.

Ser Jon had a wonderful time as well.  He was like a boy released in an exotic bazaar and told he can have whatever he wants.  I am not a believer in physical monogamy.  Emotional loyalty is much harder, far rarer, and thus, far more valuable.  I suppose that is another reason I am denounced by most Septons from their pulpits, as if they need more reason."  It went without saying that many of those same Septons were present at the Carnival.  They could denounce Nathan for many things, but hypocrisy was not one of them.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:55 pm

"An interesting concept, though I do not think it wise to ask my lady wife for an opinion." Theomore chuckles at the thought, Floreta was more observant than first impressions would suggest, but a romantic at heart still. She likely knew from the beginning that she could only expect that his heart was the only thing she would not need to share with another, that did not mean she would particularly like any question as to whom else his mind and body might find pleasure in. "I do wonder if all those who came in attendance would have done so if they knew just how much they reveal when they think themselves concealed?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:31 pm

"Yes.  Women can be quite unreasonable in that regard."  Nathan smiled wryly.  "Luckily, I do not bear that burden except in my work... and in that particular circumstance women can be as demanding as they like provided they have the coin to back up those demands."  He swirled his wine and took another small sip.  "However, when it comes to Jon, my position is as much practical as philosophical.  Given my profession, I can hardly place unreasonable restrictions on him; nor does he place unreasonable restrictions on me."  He grins.  "I do not tell him who he can and cannot sleep with, and he does not tell me who I can and cannot stick a blade into.  Were all relationships so equitable.

The Carnival was certainly a font of information, as I'm sure you found yourself.  They came in their masks not realizing that they told me who they were just by paying the door fee.  Only a select few can pay twenty-five dragons for a single night of frivolity.  Their actual identity didn't really even matter.  Unlike you, Ser Theomore, most nobles are careless with their gold or their words.  Usually both.  What is the old Dornish saying?  'A secret between two men is only a secret if one of them is dead.'  

Some men hemorrhage information at the slightest inducement.  Usually enough to destroy them eventually... if they were actually as important as they think they are.  Many remain in power because those in the game that matter simply have better things to do than remove them.  I wonder what many of them would think if they knew their positions were safe from shear ambivalence."

Nathan lightly refilled their glasses.  "The Arbor Red is clearly the superior wine, I grant you, but I think I prefer the sweetness and floral bouquet of the Bartheld.  Then again, I prefer Winterfell Ruby, and that is practically a dessert."  He leaned back in his chair and regarded the Knight with a soft smile.  "And what secrets are you looking for, Ser Theomore.  As much as I would like to think this is just a social invitation due to my 'fabulous good looks' and 'scintillating charm', I assume you want something.  Don't be offended.  Nearly everyone of your social standing that extends an invitation to me wants something.  At a guess, I would say you either want to know if I know something you already know, or want to find out something that you don't."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:57 pm

"Oh, I wouldn't be too sure, master Nathan" Theomore comments as to his thriftiness with coin. "You are talking to a man owning more war horses than I know what to do with, three of them each worth more than most knights can afford to put up in ransom at tourneys, and only rarely does those who can dare brave the risk." There was also the inn and the expansion plans that his steward was fretting about, but Theomore would have agreed with him if he only cared about the profits. A bad example to bring up to a guest who knew much and more about what a place on the kingsroad filled with various sorts of entertainment could get you. That last and most expensive horse though, that was likely little more than a fanciful expenditure of dubious utility. "The Ruby is best saved for winter I find, when everything is twice as good when it's warm. The Reachmen makes wine for the summer, and to go along with food."

But they were headed to the business part of the day.

"You know what, master Nathan, I find your company pleasing enough that I do not have to want anything to want to share a bottle of wine with you." It was true, he'd actually pay for it, probably, but he never paid for company with coins, though he never would want from Nathan for the sort of company that most people paid someone of his profession for. "Though not while everyone fancying themselves being of importance are all at King's Landing, too, I do pass by the Rutting Boar often enough that I should think such opportunities will be present at a better time for it."

"I have a desire, and my Lord Nephew has another. Lord Dunstan is a rare specimen, a highborn genuinely caring for those who are not, the realms would undeniably be a better place if there were more like him. Though I would hazard to say that there are no more men like him than there are men like you." That is to say...probably unique. "His priorities are to minimize the sufferings of the common man, soldier or otherwise, when lords and knights and princes wage war upon the Stepstones. A task a single house will find difficult to accomplish on it's own, my lord nephew might be charitable and help some souls, but to have an actual impact, more than him are required to offer examples to follow, preferably lords with different colored cloaks as well."

"My personal concern is smaller I think, though I imagine my lord nephew would approve of me looking into it all the same, considering the acts of Ser Lyonel Darry at Riverrun. Someone is stoking religious tensions, I inquired with an associate of mine that grew up in Flea Bottom, and he could find out no more about it, and to me it sounds like something we probably would do well without."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:30 am

"I appreciate the compliment, Ser Theomore.  It is true that I have a few people I would call friends amongst the nobility, but such friendships are... complicated.  Even if there wasn't such a large disparity in our social standing, I do not hide my politics.  It means that how we speak to each other in public is often dramatically different than how we do in private.  It is the reason we are enjoying this excellent wine in these dark and tapestried surroundings rather than upon an airy terrace on such a lovely day."

"Very well.  Let us look to your Lord's goals first."  Nathan thought for a moment.  "I like Lord Tullison, and certainly believe he is the kind of man that would wish to mitigate the coming carnage.  I know his politics well.  I don't, to be perfectly honest, know yours.  

When you were arranging for the downfall of Ser Benjen Frey you visited Ser Jon for 'information'.  Now, you probably knew Jon had no information of any import.  I think it more likely your intention was to convince him to stand against Benjen in the inevitable trial by combat.  Given Jon's skill, it's a shame you were not more forthcoming.  Benjen would probably have been dead then and there, and we might have avoided the events that followed.

Then there was the House Bracken/Blackwood affair.  You seized upon a number of opportunities there for your own advantage.  Don't get me wrong.  I greatly admire a man who preys upon the stupid, however, I think you can agree there were at least one or two outcomes you did not intend.

Then there is the Velaryon situation.  I know it was you that stirred that particular cauldron, although I won't pretend to know your motivations."  Nathan waved his hand airily.  "Don't worry.  If the Velaryons want to sit upon the fence I see no reason they should not be impaled by it.  However I do care about the ensuing collateral damage.  I spent the entire night stamping out fires and protecting those innocent of any wrongdoing, Green or Black.  Perhaps things got away from you.  Sometimes these things do..."  Nathan grinned.  The Imp debacle amongst the Blacks was still fresh in both their minds.  "but you can understand if I am a bit leary of involving myself in any of your plots.  You seem to have a tendency to use a barrel of Wildfire when a blade will do just as well."

Nathan took another sip of his wine and smiled.  "I like you, Ser Theomore.  I really do.  However, I do not trust you and I think you would consider me a fool if I did, given what I know.  I believe that Lord Tullison's agenda is pure, I just don't know what your agenda is.  I am not a Velayon.  I don't have their standing or protection... not that it helped them to any degree.  If I am to work with you, I would know your intentions, if only to ensure they don't come back to bite me farther down the road."

[OOC:  Nathan is Amiable to Theomore.  He respects Theomore enough to be forthright to the man.  If Theomore is reasonably forthcoming about his agenda with the Velaryons, we can move on.  If he is not, or attempts to give a cagey political non-answer we can move into an Intrigue.]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:01 pm

"I have a very simple motivation, master Nathan." Theomore takes small sips of the wine as he listens intently, nodding in agreement to the statement about him thinking Nathan a fool to trust him. "When our good king dies, a war worse than any man now alive can remember will break out. The princess has five sons, the Queen has five sons and grandsons, unless, gods forbid, one of the two find themselves left with none, dragon will fight dragon, and the armies of the realms will march against each other until one side looses the will or means to fight." Gods forbid? Uncounted unborn would forever owe their lives to such men who would assassinate five princes, and quite possibly their mother, too.

"I do not see how this will not happen, and instead of wasting myself in a blind folly, struggling against the inevitable as some are doing, I will do all I can to make the war be fought as far away from my home and family as I can manage. Perhaps the strength of one man is not enough to make a giant shift his course, but I think you and I both know what the right words can accomplish if a man could climb to stand on the shoulder and whisper into his mighty ear."

A smile finds the way to his face, though, which up until now has been rater serious. "Though if I might find an opportunity along the way to advance my station or that of friends and family, I would be rather disinclined to pass it up."

"As far as Velaryons goes, I do recall myself warning Ser Vaemond about what the king would do to any man claiming that Ser Laenor's sons were not fathered by him, though perhaps I also should have warned him of what Prince Daemon would do to any man trying to press his claim to the Driftwood Throne above that of his daughters as well as his nephews? Ser Vaemond cared not for the pedigree of Rhaenyra's sons as much as he did for his uncle's seat. But he forgot that his cousin, Lady Laena stands before him in the line of inheritance. But some men, having convinced themselves that something is rightfully theirs, cannot conceive of anything standing in the way of their plans. Maybe I could have talked him out of it, but I suspect he had made up his mind by the time that I met him." Well, Theomore would never know, he did not try. Had they never spoke, Ser Vaemond would most likely show up at High Tide and condemn himself with his words anyway, though without a company of sellswords at his back. It made no matter, however, men loyal to coin and not one's cause would value their continued ability to enjoy their coin too much to stick around when Prince Daemon came. "He was intent upon a course that would make him die serving a lost cause, a wasteful sacrifice, the worst kind. A knight's death should serve the cause of his house and king, it would be a shame not to give him that" Of course, his demise now also served Theomore's agenda, though he was not quite sure yet how it would fit in, but somehow, the pieces should fall together. "That his sons and brothers chose to follow him came as an unpleasant surprise, much blood was spilled that day for no reason at all." That was an outcome he would rather not want to ask himself if he could have prevented, but even that worked out for the best, all those who could raise trouble at Driftmark for the days to come over the issue took care of themselves.

"You mentioned Battle Valley, and I suppose that merits a certain relevance as to some of my more personal motivations, one might debate the wisdom concerning Prince Aemond's involvement and my contributions to his actions, there are those who think that Prince Aegon's wrath would have put Battle Valley ablaze with many more dead had I stood up to him and succeeded in using the king's writ delegating the meting out of justice to the seven houses under his banner to make him stand down. All I know for certain is that I would feel better now if I at least had tried, but what if that had lead to many more dead? Right and Wrong can be difficult to tell apart, even after the fact, but such moments change you forever. Pennytree was another moment like that, though one where right and wrong should have been easy to see, and I chose wrong even so. I was not the man providing the coin that bought all those lives, I was not the man making the choice that this would happen, but I was the man who could have made the decision to stop it, and I was the man that should have seen that this was the best decision for all."

Somehow, he had come out of that in a better position than if he simply had tried to make the others agree to leave mention of the Dornish out of the treaty. But the deaths did weight upon his conscience. But how could he know that the energy spent to make it so wouldn't serve him equally well on more noble pursuits? He didn't, and that was the price to pay. Not gladly so.

"In my personal matter, with the stirrings of the faith, I want to do something good for a change, so that when my daughter asks for stories, I might tell one I am proud of. I am of course aware that being among the good participants of such a story is not without rewards making it worthy of pursuit, but given the choice between a story I can tell my daughter and a story that will only be retold in my dreams, I have too many of the latter already. As for the ambitions of my Lord Nephew, I intend to see him succeed in them, but I would very much prefer to make it so through such means as I need not hide from him."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Nathan thought in silence for a long moment, weighing Theomore's words.  The Knight could almost see the man's calculating mind at work.  Refilling his glass with the Bartheld, he left the last of Arbor for his host.

"Most people of intelligence think the war is inevitable, and you are a man of great intelligence, so it is perfectly reasonable you should think the same.  Even the King thinks the war is inevitable, when he is forced to confront the situation at all; a situation entirely of his own making I might add.  A decision made in haste and in grief over a few stupid and callous remarks made by his brother."  Nathan shook his head with a flicker of disgust.  "How many dead will the 'King for a day' rule over in the afterlife when all is done?

The Houses march off to war in the Stepstones at the King's command.  He thinks that he can unite the two factions by giving them a common enemy."  Nathan shakes his head.  "Like most nobles, he does not understand people.  How many riots have started with a bar brawl.  While I agree that a civil war is likely, I won't call it inevitable just yet.  Perhaps I am foolishly optimistic, or perhaps I do not wish to think myself the fool for wasting my time on an unachievable goal.

Perhaps what I do is blind folly.  Perhaps I do struggle against the inevitable.  The Seven gave me a clever tongue and the wits to use it.  I have amassed a great deal of wealth over the last few years, most nobles would be genuinely shocked by just how much, and more pours in every day with little if any attention on my part.  I could live a long and quiet life in luxury.  I could try and consolidate my power and gain standing and status.  Instead, I do what I do.  It will easily cut my prospective lifespan by half at least, but hopefully it will make a difference in peoples lives, even if my actions are unknown or unsung.  I do what nobles should, Ser Theomore, I protect the people that nobles are pledged to protect but do not.

The King is the 'Protector of the Seven Kingdoms'.  Who does he protect with the Stepstone war, other than himself and his families power?  Thousands will march off to foreign lands.  Thousands will die, but very little of the blood spilt will be blue.  You come to me and ask for my help in mitigating some of the damage, yet I do not think it occurs to Lord Tullison that the easiest way to prevent the damage is simply to not support the war in the first place.  Would it not be interesting if the King had declared war and no-one showed up.  There are some who aren't showing up Ser Theomore, because they know this war for what it is and they are saving their strength for the war to follow.

If the Knights and the nobles wish war because they are bored knocking each other off horses, so be it, but they should leave the rest of us out of it.  If the Greens and the Blacks are serious about their causes, let them have a melee to decide.  Lock them all in a room and the survivors can have their way.  I would happily walk into such a room if it would spare the innocent and settle the question for good.  I would likely not walk out, but neither would many others."  Nathan waved his hand, dismissing his own words.  "I know, I know.  That is not the world we live in, but you cannot say I am wrong."

He paused for a long moment and took a sip of his wine.  "As I toured Blackbuckle, I happened upon a boy lying just off the street in an alley, his arms wrapped around the neck of a dog.  I am not sure who died first, but likely both knew they were dying and refused to leave each others side until the end, giving each other what comfort they could.  The Stranger does not frighten me, Ser Theomore.  I have seen as much death as any, probably more than most other than a war veteran.  This was different.  This was... insulting.  It was despicable.  The boy and his dog had lain there for weeks while Lord Bracken drank wine in his castle or went hunting.  I will not be so ungenerous as to hold Lord Bracken up as an example of the nobility, there are many like Lord Tullison or Lady Marsten that genuinely care for their people.  However, if Lord Bracken is the exception, so are they, and most nobles are closer to one end of the spectrum than the other."

Nathan paused for another long moment and then seemed to shake off the memory and return to his more affable tone.  "If Lord Tullison wishes to take precautions against unnecessary bloodshed and suffering, that is certainly something I can help with.  Give me the specifics of what he desires and I will see what I can do.

As to the return of religious fervor, I share your concern.  Obviously, we don't want another Faith Militant war on top of our current foreign war and a potential civil war.  If we let all of them have their way, their may be few left for your daughter to grow up with.  I am looking into those stoking the religious fires, as it were, but it is too soon for my investigation to bear much fruit.  I can let you know what information I uncover if you are willing to do the same.  Tread quietly Ser Theomore, please.  We don't want to create a martyr or spark a religious revolt."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:16 pm

Again, it was Theomore's turn to listen intently. Though he does take the liberty to request a small pause so that his aide might arrange for something to eat. He had a feeling that it would be a long evening, and with the extra bottle, it would be prudent to have something solid to go with it.

"I once heard it said that no cause is truly lost, if there is but one fool left to fight for it. I wish you luck in that master Nathan, and truly hope that you succeed, but it seems to me that things have gone so far that it would be beyond the power of his grace, even if he were twice that of king Jaehaerys in his prime, to stop the coming storm." Theomore could not see any hope of success, not even if all those who had gathered beneath the king's banner in battle valley could set aside their differences and work together was likely to make a difference. The conciliator would of course never have allowed things to slide off the edge of the abyss, but he was long since dead. "I fear that all we can do is to weather it as best we can and do our part to ease the pains of war." A scratch of the head, an expression saying much and not really anything at all.

"I will not disagree with your assessment on the Stepstones campaign, master Nathan, it is the sort of war the realms indeed should fight." Unbid his thoughts found their way to a lady dear to his heart, the one he had wished to offer it to. The sort of war to fight for her was a worthy one. "Pirates and slavers are scourges upon everyone. But I was thought at a young age that in war, you must have an objective, younger than you were when we first met, I think. Without an objective, you are likely to win nothing, you must know what you wish to accomplish with your war, and judge whether or not the cost is acceptable. This time, no matter the cost, I suspect the king will gain nothing of what he hopes for."

"And you are right that things would be so much easier if matters could be settled by champions, preferably the lords or princes whom are at the center of the argument themselves. But alas, I believe you are equally right in suspecting that is not a sight we will get to see."

There was one peculiar little thing, however, had not Nathan mentioned Lord Bracken at Riverrun? "Yes, I found it rather odd that Lord Bracken would hold a hunt at a time one well could question, though I do know many a lord who would declare that the dead does not care about how long their corpses lie unattended, and quite a few would find it prudent for royal investigators to see the full horrors one's enemies has committed, however much they might claim to leave the grounds undisturbed so that no evidence is ruined."

"It sounds reasonable" Theomore nods at the suggestion of sharing of information. "I can hardly ask of others to share if I am not equally willing to do the same."

And then there were the needs Lord Dunstan, finally. "House Tullison intends to donate from our coffers to aid with such supplies as might save the lives of the common solider, to provide for those made widows and orphans when the highborn wage war. We also hope that leadership may be granted to men who will not throw away the lives of those under their command needlessly, though I have seen enough war to know that for every man falling in battle, another ten succumbs to. House Tullison is not without prosperity, but our mines are not those of Casterly Rock, many more lords would be required to make the effort count. I have a feeling that if enough could be persuaded to commit, peer pressure will ensure that many others follow suit."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:10 am

Nathan frowns slightly at the mention of the Lannisters. "I had occasion to meet the 'illustrious' Lord Lannister in Riverrun. I was attempting to enlist his aid in support of Lord Davain. He was willing, of course, at an exceptionally high price; a ludicrously high price given that House Bartheld and Lannister are supposed allies. I left that meeting with the goal of ensuring that their aid would never be necessary.

I might be able to assist you financially, in the right areas, but I already give sizable donations to many charities." Nathan was in the business of making money, and only spending it to further his goals. He was not stingy by any means, but unlike many nobles, not a single gold dragon left his fingers without knowing exactly where it was going and what benefits to him or his goals he would gain.

"I think I can at least help you with regards to you your men. If you provide me with a list of the men you are considering, I can research their backgrounds and tell you which are more suitable than others."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:17 pm

"It does make some small amount of sense." Theomore allows "When one has so much gold as the Lannisters do, you must offer them a great deal of it before they find it worth their time to be interested in it."

"Of course, for them to ask for gold in return for their favor in the first place, does not. The value they place upon other contributions to their prosperity than mere coin is relatively such that it would be an easier price to bear for those who would have their support. The wise lords and kings of the Rock of the past all knew that gold has no higher value than what others are willing to exchange it for." A favorite quote of his learned steward. More or less. Unless gold is cheap these days, his steward had said something about that, too. Theomore listened to his steward and followed the man's advise, but he did not claim to understand half of what the man would sometimes would start prattling on about when he got truly excited.

"If Mushroom is to be taken at his word, Lord Jason is not so stingy with spending coin for his own gain, but half of what he says I cannot make myself to believe, and the other half I generally would prefer not to."

"It would be very kind of you to take a look at such a list, master Nathan."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:49 am

Nathan smiles.  "I generally find that half of whatever Mushroom says is true.  I just have yet to figure out which half."  He thinks for several moments.  "I will plead your case to Lord Davain.  The cause is worthy enough, but the decision is up to him.

I will also speak with some of the smaller Houses.  They probably don't have the ready coin of the larger ones, but even small donations add up.  I will also draft some recommendations as to how the money can be spent the most judiciously.  Many charities do fine work, but others should be avoided.  Lord Tullison is a trusting soul and you do not have the time to verify all those who would wish to profit from his trust.  Finally, I shall do whatever background checks may be needed."  Nathan did not put a price on his assistance, but there would be one.  However, unlike Lord Lannister, that price, when and if it were asked, would be reasonable.

"As far as the religious situation, like me, you have contacts in both the Black and Green factions." he continued.  "I suggest you start looking at those who might be trying to influence the Royal family.  Those who have access to the family.  Those who may wish to see a return to more pious values.  After the Faith Militant war, any attempt to stir up religious fervor with need at least one or more of the Royal family in support."

[OOC:]

Drumming up support for Lord Tullison's goals:
Tullison - Persuasion (Convince): 7d6k5 24

Recommendations for expenditure:
Tullison - Cunning (logic): 5d6k4 17

Background checks on House Tullison's men:
Tullison - Knowledge (Streetwise): 7d6 22
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:46 pm

"That will be most generous" Theomore is happy at the results, he had of course hoped for something like this, but hope was always rather fickle. "It is true that I know lords and ladies on both sides, though access to those with inside knowledge from the Red Keep, I am less certain about, but we shall have to see what I might come across."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down