Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8, EN] Lights in the Dark (Open)

3 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

[D8, EN] Lights in the Dark (Open) - Page 5 Empty Re: [D8, EN] Lights in the Dark (Open)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:01 pm

"
Thank you. That's kind of you to say. I hope that I'll be a good leader, like my father."

She studies the horse piece, and maps out in her mind it's possible placements, then picks the one she thinks he means, into the unguarded space at her king's flank.

"
What sort of leader do you think you'll be? Do you want to be the next Lord Longshore?
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D8, EN] Lights in the Dark (Open) - Page 5 Empty Re: [D8, EN] Lights in the Dark (Open)

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:10 pm

"
Good move."

"
I'll be nothing like you, I'm afraid... I'll have to make up for charisma by wealth. Ironborn resent me for not being ironbirn enough, and all else resents me for being Ironborn. I'll have to solve that by changing the attitudes and the culture of the ironborn. This I'll do by commerce, where you cannot use iron, use gold, a much better investment."

"
Who knows? Maybe my grandchildren will not be hated by everyone around them?"
Yoren looks at the board, although it is apparent he is just as focused on the conversation.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:16 pm

"
I do hope that you can integrate the Ironborn with the rest of the realm. There is much you have to offer, when the focus is taken off stealing and killing. Trade is a good way to build up friendly networks. I expect you learned a lot about trading while you were abroad. So many coveted things in Westeros come from Essos."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:25 pm

"
Yes, I learned trade, so regardless of early betrayals, I've borrowed enough from the Dulvers to start a bustling trade community."
Yoren smiles: "
it's not as grand as what you've done, but it is all I could do after early setbacks."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:28 pm

"
I dod not know you were affiliated with the Dulvers,"
Corrine replies, with a curious look. "
I have spoken with Septon Arlyn a few times, and he has never mentioned you."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:34 pm

"
He wouldn't have. I struck a hard bargain with him, after that I guess he's been avoiding me."
Yoren shakes his head: "
I shouldn't have borrowed the money, I resent being in debt, but to make money you've got to have money. When we got fucked over by the Tullysons, the only option left open was borrowing. It's bittersweet, but I got the job done."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:39 pm

"
What job would that be?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Yoren smiles: "
The only job alord should ever think about:
the prosperity and happiness of his subjects. Giving them the marketplace will ensure influences from beyond peoples imagination. Nothing is more rewarding than having your horizons widened. Servants serve a Lord, but just as much a Lord serves his servants. Pain will come, I'll do what I have to do to ensure my peoples safety, as should you. How about working together on that?"
Yoren glances curiously at her after he asks.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Corrine eyes Yoren curiously;

"
What did you have in mind? While I appreciate the new friendships I have formed among other houses, I feel I should be wary of over-collaboration. Too many cooks spoil the broth, as they say."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:44 am

"
Does too many warriors spoil a battle?"

"
I ask for little beyond what you may grant: I wish for a consideration. I wish only for that when you are in need, you consider asking us, and likewise: if we are in need we will contact you."

"
Straight up support for support."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:06 am

"
Oh, I thought you meant something other than simply force of arms,"
Corrine replies, looking a little confused, though it is unclear whether Yoren is the source, or the cyvasse game.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:11 am

"
Not force of arms in particular, general support at court more like. Someone badmouths you, I'll be there to back you and tell you who you may have to clear the air with, things such as that..."

"
What confuses you so?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:22 am

"
It was using warriors as a comparison that confused me. Some matters are made easier by many hands, but not all of them. It is a leader's task to assess what is needed for what situation. We have already signed an agreement of mutual co-operation, as long as you remain heir, including the eventuality of ascending to head of house. I do not feel we require an additional agreement in that vein. I have already offered my advocacy and the friendship of my house."

She looks over the board;

"
I cannot see a move that I may make that doesn't win you the game. I think you have this one."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:27 am

"
Yes, indeed. Are you ready to go to bed now, or do you want some more company?"

OOC
We do? Sorry, didn't know about that.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:34 am

[ooc: I thought our agreement regarding the clans was 2 units for 90 days, in exchange for House Marsten's friendship.]

"
I think I'd like a little time on my own, before I go back,"
Corrine replies with a polite smile. "
I came out here to think, and while I have enjoyed the discussions I've had with yourself and Loreia, I did not get much chance to be alone with my thoughts, as intended. Thank you for the game. It was very interesting."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:02 am

[Yoren exit]

OOC
[Eegselent. my plan falls together perfectly Twisted Evil ]

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5