Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8, EN] Lights in the Dark (Open)

3 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[D8, EN] Lights in the Dark (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D8, EN] Lights in the Dark (Open)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:20 pm

Corrine smiles knowingly at Loreia and Yoren;

"
I believe we both have plenty of that. I saw a certain warrior woman giving several knights a good hiding earlier."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D8, EN] Lights in the Dark (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D8, EN] Lights in the Dark (Open)

Post by Loreia Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:38 pm

Loreia smiles, inwardly pleased. "
Thank you, m'lady. I try to leave a few people impressed by my ability at every big event. It was a real treat to meet your cousin Dyana, if in passin'."

"
Some skills aren't fit for tourneys, though. I don't think I told you, Corrine, I'll be joining a squad of soldiers from our house on an expedition planned by this one sometime in the future. There'll be plenty of chances to show what you can do with your fire tricks, I hope?"
she adds, allowing a chance for the Longshore heir to explain the particulars about where and why.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 am

Corrine wasn't sure how much Loreia or Yoren knew about Dyana being the Knight of Stones, so merely nods politely.

"
An adventure? Interesting! Where do you plan to go?"
she asks them both.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:08 am

"
North of the wall!"
Yoren tells her excitedly. "
You'll find the same climate as in the north, but it'll be homogeneous, as contact through the wall is severely limited."
Turning to Loreia he tells her: "
I took your advice, Fossoway will support our expedition. So will the Citadel, it seems that we are all but ready."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:14 pm

Loreia winces at his eager tone, worried what effect talk of the true North might have on the mood. "
Oh yes, the Citadel. Ever with pursuits of the sciences and exploration - in spirit,"
she says, partially joking. Surely the Citadel would lend something in the way of material support or manpower. Right?

"
Only Old Gods can say what we'll face, if they see fit to speak words through their tree carvings. Still, good to know we'll be prepared. On the other hand, dreams are just that, m'lady: dreams. They can't get you down if you don't let them. Well, mayhaps that's true for everything..."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:59 pm

"
You may have the right of it there,"
Corrine replies. "
I'll be alright. Being here is helpful. And I am grateful for your encouragement. Your expedition sounds fascinating."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:26 pm

Yoren smiles: "
It is, if you wish to come too, I could arrange a steed and supplies for you."
Yoren sounds enthusiastic about the idea, failing to see the potential issues that may arise from such actiond.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:39 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:Yoren smiles: "
It is, if you wish to come too, I could arrange a steed and supplies for you."
Yoren sounds enthusiastic about the idea, failing to see the potential issues that may arise from such actiond.

Corrine giggles amusedly, giving him a bashful smile;

"
I'm touched by your invitation, my lord Yoren, but I'm afraid I have pressing duties closer to home. I have clans to subdue, lands to rule, and a family to start."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Yoren looks confused: "
you're engaged? Or simply finding the right man?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:18 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:Yoren looks confused: "
you're engaged? Or simply finding the right man?"

"
Oh, I thought everyone here knew;
I'm betrothed to Ser Benedict Blackthorne. It was announced a few days ago,"
Corrine explains cheerfully.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:28 pm

Yoren gives Corrine an amiable pat on the shoulder: "
Congratulations, I have been a bit out of the loop for the last few days... Life gets busy between organising a camp without authorization, finding investors and other tragedies. When will you marry him?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:27 am

Yoren longshore wrote:Yoren gives Corrine an amiable pat on the shoulder: "
Congratulations, I have been a bit out of the loop for the last few days... Life gets busy between organising a camp without authorization, finding investors and other tragedies. When will you marry him?"

"
Thank you. We await Lady Arryn's leave to marry, so we hope to have the ceremony soon after we hear from her. Hopefully in a couple of weeks."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:00 am

"
I've heard a little about Lady Isobel. It sounds like the hard part's over, but I still pray that leave is given, Corrine,"
Loreia comments. "
A familiar face on the seat of House Marsten'd make cementin' an alliance go more smoothly for us."

[url=Empathy vs Corrine - EN "
Lights in the Dark"
][/url]: 4d6k3 12
Hmm, probably a poor roll, but is the hard part over, concerning Lady Isobel? What does Corrine think?

*I wonder if that alliance talk could be taken as presumptuous, or if Corrine likes me so it's alright.*
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:18 am

"
Thank you, Loreia. My mother does not seem terribly happy about my choice of husband, or my ascendency to Head of House, but she has accepted it. It is my hope that she will warm to Ben, and support us more fully once she sees that we are capable. Making alliances with people such as Daveth are part of that process. I hoe that House Marsten and House Coldbrook will be friends for generations to come."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:33 pm

"
She shouldn't have had any say in the marriage, marriage is an oath between man and wife, not father in law and mother... Children of noble parentage is sold in the same manner as cattle, only with less decency. I am happy that you got what you wanted."
Yoren seems calm, regardless of his apparent disdain of arranged marriages.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:"
She shouldn't have had any say in the marriage, marriage is an oath between man and wife, not father in law and mother... Children of noble parentage is sold in the same manner as cattle, only with less decency. I am happy that you got what you wanted."
Yoren seems calm, regardless of his apparent disdain of arranged marriages.

"
I am inclined to agree with you, my lord, though we are radicals in that regard. Westerosi noblewomen are but chattels to their lords in the main. Had my political worth been greater, and my brothers still alive, I too would likely have been sold off to the highest bidder. In that regard, I am grateful for my circumstance. It is my hope that I will be able to freely offer the same opportunity to my own daughters, and other lords and ladies to theirs. Denying the heart in favour of cold advantage is the source of much ruin."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:24 pm

"
I'm an iron islander, where I'll be headed next political currency is not something vied for in the same manner. I think that all parents want to make their child happy, and they may think that the best way to do that is through strict control. To some extent I can understand that. All men want their children to be happy."

Yoren closes his eyes for a brief moment:
"
Do you know anything about a guardsman called Hugh the hammer? I would like to know more about him."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:40 pm

I'm an iron islander, where I'll be headed next political currency is not something vied for in the same manner. I think that all parents want to make their child happy, and they may think that the best way to do that is through strict control. To some extent I can understand that. All men want their children to be happy."

Yoren closes his eyes for a brief moment:
"
Do you know anything about a guardsman called Hugh the hammer? I would like to know more about him."

"
I'm afraid I have never heard of the man,"
Corrine replies, her head tilting a little in curiosity. "
Why do you seek knowledge of him? To which House does he belong?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:46 pm

"
No house, he was a little too deep into the wine, but I got a sense that he was a smith of sorts... That's not the issue, what I am interested in him for is that I saw certain... things, around his head while talking to him. I'm not sure what it was, but I'd be a fool to ignore it..."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:28 pm

No house, he was a little too deep into the wine, but I got a sense that he was a smith of sorts... That's not the issue, what I am interested in him for is that I saw certain... things, around his head while talking to him. I'm not sure what it was, but I'd be a fool to ignore it..."

"
Around his head?"
Corrine echoes quizzically. "
What do you mean?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:41 pm

"
He was wearing a crown, a crown in the style of kings. Although a smith, I saw something he will become. I have no clue what it means, but I saw it, and in one form or another, it will happen."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:54 pm

He was wearing a crown, a crown in the style of kings. Although a smith, I saw something he will become. I have no clue what it means, but I saw it, and in one form or another, it will happen."

"
Ah, so it was a vision you had, rather than a literal crown."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:02 pm

"
Yes, a vision."
Yoren shrugs
"
It's not exact science, what I saw could be simply him being crowned the king of love and beauty at the next tournament. However I rarely get visions without long meditation first, and that tells me that this might be important."

Last edited by 145 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:24 pm

Yes, a vision."
Yoren shrugs
"
It's not exact science, what I saw could be simply him being crowned the king of love and beauty at the next tournament. However I rarely get visions without long meditation first, abd that tells me that this might be important."

"
If he was in his cups, perhaps you might find him at the Huntsman,"
Corrine suggests.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:35 pm

"
I'll have to do that later, would rather be here than in an overcrowded barn where the hygiene standard on par with Ibbenese sailors. Comparing them to Ibbenese sailors would insult the sailors."
Yoren shakes his head.
"
I better see him when his head is clear and I can hear him speak. I've never been fond of these noisy places myself, how about you?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next