Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D9:EA] Early midday, in the wake of tragedy, a letter

+4
Kevan Lyras
Yoren longshore
Lady Corrine Marsten
Septon Arlyn
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[D9:EA] Early midday, in the wake of tragedy, a letter - Page 3 Empty Re: [D9:EA] Early midday, in the wake of tragedy, a letter

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:58 pm

"
My Lady, I apologize for my behavior, but when it came to light what this man"
the Septon stresses the word, obviously trying to restrain himself, "
Was attempting to accomplish I was quite upset, I fully intended on upholding the deal I made with Ser Jon, but when the deal was offered I thought I saw how it could benefit all three of our houses, you would get the men you needed, he would get the funding he needed for his smallfolk"
, Septon Arlyn stresses again, "
and House Dulvers men would be able to stay at home to protect our borders. Now I see that this is not the case, I apologize again if I have upset you or any of the other noble people at this meeting."
Septon Arlyn finishes contritely.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D9:EA] Early midday, in the wake of tragedy, a letter - Page 3 Empty Re: [D9:EA] Early midday, in the wake of tragedy, a letter

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:18 pm

"
Septon, I said we'll take this later. Corrine, what is your plan now?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Septon Arlyn looks curiously at the ironborn. "
Yoren, you keep making comments about wishing to speak to me about this later? Is there something you do not want the others to know about in this discussion with me?"
Asks the Septon. "
The entire reason for this mess is because we had a conversation without all parties being involved. If you have some thing to say you can say it here. I have no secrets before the gods or men. If you wish to discuss some thing let us talk now where there are some unbiased mediators. "
says the Septon, gesturing to the pavilion fill of people
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:31 pm

"
Corrine expressed a wish for us to quit, therefore I assume that she wants us to quit."
Yoren states cooly while awating the procedure to continue.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:"
snip"
My summoning you here was to confirm the details you had learned, not to make or break deals."

She looks between the Septon and Yoren;

"
And I will thank you both to keep the slinging of insults at eachother for after you are well away from this pavilion. I brought you all here to solve the problem, not exacerbate it."

"
Actually Yoren think that she brought us here for exactly that reason, to be a mediator and let all of the cats out of everyone's various bags."
Replies the Septon coolly.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:05 pm

"
And it is as close to a resolution as it'll get. I've my opinion you've got yours, and I believe that regardless of who they side with will disagree. We may save everyone the headache by going directly to those with authority to fix this."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:08 pm

Corrine sighs heavily;

"
I bade no one quit, Yoren. What I wish to end is the exchange of base insults that do not help us resolve the matter. Trying to walk out in the middle of proceedings is just churlish. I want a peaceful solution we can agree upon. If there is anything you would say on the matter, it should be said here, among the parties involved in this mess. It is a lack of open communication that caused the problems to begin with."

She runs a hand through her hair wearily, then sits again, the ache in her right leg returning as her pulse grows faster.

"
House Marsten needs forces that will be reliable and follow orders. I cannot speak for Houses Dulver or Bartheld's desires in this matter, but I expect they feel similarly. This debacle has left us lacking confidence in House Longshore's ability to be reliable, and the man who speaks for it seems disinterested in addressing the issue. If my lord Yoren would rather keep all his men for his Northern expedition, he may do so with House Marsten's best wishes. But I will not have my House, or my allies' Houses messed around. Yoren, you keep mentioning taking this to those with authority. I am the authority of my House, and if you are not the authority of yours, then you should not have been making deals in the first place."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:12 pm

"
If you want my troops, take them. North of the wall they'll be more of a hindrance than they'll be of help. As for authority, if me and Arlyn don't reach a conclusion I'll take it to the authority above us. Our lord paragons may smooth it out, regardless of whether or not me and Arlyn sees eye to eye."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:17 pm

"
My Lady Corrine,"
begins the Septon. "
I am terribly sorry to have caused this headache. It was not my intention. But with your leave I would like to explain why I believe that this contract should be nullified."
The Septon waits for a response. "
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:20 pm

"
Of course, taking these matters to our Lords paragon is a possible avenue."
Edmund says, speaking up and looking quickly to Corrine and Baelon for any sign to quit, "
However, it has been my experience that high lords have little patience for squabbles among their 'children' and you may find their irrefutable terms less to your liking than any arrangement made here. You are gambling if you take this route."

He shrugs looking back and forth between the two men, "
There is likely a solution here, but only if you can stop speaking past each other and actually focus on a compromise."

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:31 pm

"
The man speaks truly,"
replies the Septon. "
However the contract was set for a service. 200 men to assist fit the duration of the campaign. However, Lady Corrine has declined their service, thuz making that part of the contract invalid."
Septon Arlyn looks at Yoren. "
If a merchant makers a contract with a farmer for a set amount of bushels of wheat, and the farmer can not deliver said bushels then the farmer will not get paid, making the contract void. What I am offering you if a modified deal based on your trust worthiness. 5 wealth lent and you will repay 7 wealth. If you do not like those terms the iron Bank will surely back this project of yours."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:32 pm

"
Edmund speaks rightly. You are more likely to reach something approaching what you want if you settle here. Both of your leige lords have better things to do. If you will, I would hear from each of you what it is you want from eachother, and we shall see if a compromise may be reached."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:42 pm

"
You're right, we should at least attempt. 400 dragons in excess would be doable, given the right timeframe. However get 1000 pay 1400 seems a little high, how about 1600 and I'll pay back 2000. If my projections here turns out to be right, that would secure a marketplace for us, which will help us pay you back."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:55 pm

"
Yoren, house Dulver only has 1200 gold dragons available, so even if I wanted to loan you 1600 gold dragons I could not. Besides, 1000 gold dragons with a yearly compounded interest rate of 10% for 4 years is 1464, which my offer is generously saving you 64 gold dragons."
He paused a moment to let the words sink in. "
or you could go to the Iron bank and pay one additional wealth fit the same service. The choice really is yours. "
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:03 pm

[Where did you find the iron bank's interest?]
"
You'll get the deal, if you'll throw in the last 200 dragons you have to offer. In exchange we'll halve the time to two years."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Ooc The reader is where I got the interest rate to
From.

Septon Arlyn thinks for a long moment appearing to drive mental calculations. After a while he says, "
we can make a deal on that"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:18 pm

"
Well then, let's move onto proper issues."

Yoren Longshore will before four weeks have passed recieved 1200 Gold from Septon Arlyn to be paid back two years after that date.
[Set in date here]
As witness we have Lady Cortine Marsten, Lord Baelon, Ser Kevan Lyras [set in the rest]

OOC
(Oh, I'll have to talk to them, unlimited funds!)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:14 pm

"
That seems reasonable."
States the Septon, he carefully reads over the paperwork before signing it. "
There is also the small matter of defense. "
States the Septon, moving onto the topic he thought they where going to be speaking on. "
With our forces being committed to these campaigns some of our more unscrupulous Lord's may take that as a sign of weakness. Should us Lord's in the river lands make a mutual protection pact for the duration of this campaign?"
Asks the Septon, trying to keep his tone add neutral and factual as possible.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Yoren nods
"
Aye, a defensive alliance would be good, nothing but a big house can swathe us away with ease then. Maybe extend the alliance further if it works out too..."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:47 pm

"
Pardon gentlmen, but before we get further sidetracked, I believe we should make sure the original issue is settled."

He pauses to make sure he has their attention.

"
I believe this is how the matter stands:
House Longshore will provide two units, as per the agreement between Master Yoren and Lady Corrinne.
House Dulver will provide two units on behalf of House Bartheld, in fulfillment of my agreement with Ser Fendrel Bartheld.
Is this correct?"
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:12 pm

House Dulver will fulfill its request from Baratheld to provide two units to the campaign, one unit of support, a fresh unit. And one unit of trained archers. (OOC as noted in the ooc against the clans form). I am unsure about the rest of the houses and what there contributions will be. "
replies the Septon
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:20 am

"
We'll send archers and guerrillas... our guerrillas are more trained for forest combat, but I think they'll adapt."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:06 pm

"
Right, I hope we are all clear now. The contracts will be upheld, providing that Houses Bartheld and Dulver send us the units they promised, not borrowed Ironborn. Any additional deals you wish to make among yourselves are your own business. Unless someone has anything to add?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:17 pm

"
Yes: who will deal with wounded and how will they be dealt with? Soldiers will be wounded both in and out of combat. Who will ensure that they receive urgen care? Who will ensure that they are brought back to civilisation? For that matter: who secures provision lines? Do you have control on that aspect?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:23 pm

"
House Marsten will provide for the soldiers that come to our lands to fight the clans,"
Corrine replies. "
If you have anyone with medical training to spare, they would be useful,"
she adds, looking between all of them. "
We willdo our best with what we have. We cannot escape the fact that battles are bloody. Hopefully, Ser Kevan will be able to strategise for keeping everyone's men as safe as possible."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next