Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D9:EA] Early midday, in the wake of tragedy, a letter

+4
Kevan Lyras
Yoren longshore
Lady Corrine Marsten
Septon Arlyn
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[D9:EA] Early midday, in the wake of tragedy, a letter - Page 4 Empty Re: [D9:EA] Early midday, in the wake of tragedy, a letter

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Yoren nods in appreciation. The answer had satisfied his concern.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

[D9:EA] Early midday, in the wake of tragedy, a letter - Page 4 Empty Re: [D9:EA] Early midday, in the wake of tragedy, a letter

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Ser Kevan stands up, at Lady Corrine's remark to speak to the attendant nobles.

"
From our experience in dealing with these savages as well as the number of attacks we have dealt with in recent months, we believe that overall, there are about 1000 raiders in total. They are typically poorly equipped and fight without discipline. These clansmen are organized in multiple clans and internal quarrels are common. However, recent development indicates that they started to work together more than in the past and they even have a relatively small core of experienced fighters that fight with better discipline than their peers. With our current planning we have an army that is larger in numbers and better equipped.

This is all I can say at this moment, we will have various scouts out in the mountains to get a clearer picture of the enemies' positons ahead of the start of our campaign."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Yoren looks over at Kevan, glad to see him speaking up:
"
Are these eliteforces from the area or do they have fighting experience from other parts, in other wars? Whether or not this is a local movement may become vital, has these new men brought regimental training? Have they brought improved weaponry? Most importantly perhaps: are they a part of a bigger movement?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Kevan shakes his head apologising.
"
I am reasonably confident on the overall number. But information about their intents and plans as well as their prior dealings are unknown and or conflicting... We are gathering information from the smallfolks after attacks as well as the reports from our men-at-arms. There is a core of fighters that seems to be equipped better than the majority of them but overall their equipment has not changed."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:33 pm

"
I'm sure we can more profitably discuss strategy nearer the time,"
Corrine gently interjects. "
Has the matter at hand been clarified &
resolved to everyone's satisfaction?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:23 am

"
Aye my Lady"
responds the Septon. The talk of numbers and troop movements sending his head spinning. I'm glad I do not have to worry about battles and strategy
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:07 pm

"
Should we not do the planning now? Once we get out in the field things will get messy, conveying conversation through enemy terrain is no simple thing..."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:10 pm

"
That is not how it works, my lord Yoren. There will be time for strategy, scouting, and co-ordination when the units arrive at Hartshorn. I brought you all here today to put rest to conflicting information. We have achieved that goal, so unless there are further disputes regarding these contracts and the various promises of aid, then this meeting should draw to a close. I'm sure we all have other important matters to attend."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:45 pm

"
Indeed, I am due to be meeting Lord Tomas in the Godswood shortly. Yoren, planning a strategy now would be fruitless, we have only a portion of the information we need;
further we do not have all of our commanders here. Any strategy we formed today would simply be discarded in favor of a new one when we have scouting reports and a final tally of out troops composition. it would, simply put, be a waste of time."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:47 pm

Kevan nods in agreement to Baelon's words.
"
Yoren, I am happy to discuss our strategy when you arrive on Marsten lands, before we begin our campaign."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4