Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Epilogue] A Mystery Rethread (Openish)

+3
Lady Corrine Marsten
Reader
Dyana Marsten
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Epilogue] A Mystery Rethread (Openish) - Page 2 Empty Re: [Epilogue] A Mystery Rethread (Openish)

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Gwyn gives Ser Tarly an inscrutable look that wouldn't have been out of place on a stonewalling Lady Isobel, then guides her two horses to Corrine's side and leans over to say softly, "
No more from us, cousin. The die is cast. Is your mother in seclusion? Can this be kept from her?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[Epilogue] A Mystery Rethread (Openish) - Page 2 Empty Re: [Epilogue] A Mystery Rethread (Openish)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:31 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:Gwyn gives Ser Tarly an inscrutable look that wouldn't have been out of place on a stonewalling Lady Isobel, then guides her two horses to Corrine's side and leans over to say softly, "
No more from us, cousin. The die is cast. Is your mother in seclusion? Can this be kept from her?"

"
She left earlier. She is keeping to herself,"
Corrine replies quietly, still glowering at Addam Tarly. "
Why must we back down to this upstart?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Dyana grasps Ser Addam's airborne glove, keeping her level stare at him. "
My rightful place, as we have learned, Ser, is astride my saddle while you topple to the ground. If you care to repeat what you believe to be your shame, I will not be the one to deny you."
She tucks the glove under her own belt, then casts a look over those gathering nearby. She glances at her family, at the smallfolk;
her eyes linger a moment on Ser Theomore, and her impassive face seems slightly surprised to see Loreia speaking up, if only for a moment.

Waving a hand as a noblewoman asking for silence, she quenches the clamor rising up on her behalf. "
Do not fret yourselves with this conflict, Corrine, Gwyneth, Loreia, or any. It shall be settled by steel, and steel alone."
Her eyes burn at Ser Addam again. Dyana decided to take the challenge fully.

"
Use the time you have to work on your temper, and your skill, Ser Addam. I could face you in Horn Hill for all the undeserved credit I gave you."
She begins to turn her mount aside, to continue riding with her House. "
It shall be the Warrior, indeed, to witness my triumph. You're due a lesson on salvation by the Seven's grace, if luck decides to favor you."

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:33 pm

"
Because the moment Dyana spoke up,"
Gwyn murmurs to Corrine, "
this became her fight, and only hers. And I think that is exactly what she wanted. So lets not wreck that for her."

She does seem a little relieved at learning of Isobel.

"
If we want to help her now, keeping this from your mother as long as possible is our best path."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:13 pm

"
Why should we be worried about my mother?"
Corrine asks as the Marsten party starts moving again.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:46 am

Should she step in? Should she make a separate challenge? Dyana's tone in addressing those who come to her aid is a message read loud and clear. Do you deserve this? she wonders. Or, am I right in stepping in? The trip to Thenn north of the Wall made it unlikely that her duel with Tarly would be a timely one, and taken none more seriously or respected.

A final look she gives flashes between aloof and accusatory, before Loreia rides off in disdain. Disdain for Addam Tarly for certain. It was out of her hands, and what would she gain by helping? Besides, it wasn't the time, and Dyana would rather handle this herself. Loreia would feel the same way. Daveth will hear of this. All of it.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:00 am

"
She had feelings for Wrecker Jon,"
Gwyn reminds Corrine. "
And eyes that see plots where only shadows exist. I'd rather she not decide to go after Dyana...not while Dyana's still in Hartshorn at least."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:57 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:"
She had feelings for Wrecker Jon,"
Gwyn reminds Corrine. "
And eyes that see plots where only shadows exist. I'd rather she not decide to go after Dyana...not while Dyana's still in Hartshorn at least."

"
Alright. I'll do my best. But I can't control every bit of information that reaches her."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:42 pm

"
I know,"
Gwyn admits grimly. "
This is definitely a worst-case situation that's unfolding."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:"
I know,"
Gwyn admits grimly. "
This is definitely a worst-case situation that's unfolding."

"
You have the right of it. We should get Dyana moving before it kicks off here and now."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2