Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D4 LE A request (Openish)

3 posters

Go down

D4 LE A request (Openish) Empty D4 LE A request (Openish)

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu May 14, 2015 8:57 pm

After Daveth had looked at his ribs after the joust, Ser Jorah made his rounds of the Coldbrook encampment to ensure everything was it as it should

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

D4 LE A request (Openish) Empty Re: D4 LE A request (Openish)

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri May 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Relieved that his conversation with Ser Hugo is finally over, Kevan strolls around between the pavilions, aimlessly.

"
Hey Jorah! You were great at jousting today! Now, we have to face off against each other, it seems..."
his face showing a wide grin. "
How is your rib? I don't want to beat you at only have strength"
, he adds, clearly in jest.

[OOC: Don't know if you saw it, there is a change in the R3 fixtures: viewtopic.php?f=73&
t=623&
start=70
]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri May 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Ser Jorah smiled when Kevan arrived.

"
Look who it is, my future defeated third round opponent."
he jested in return, "
have no fear, I will be fighting fit. What brings you out to our camp?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat May 16, 2015 10:54 am

"
That is good to hear, let us hope that none of us gets seriously injured and may the best win!"

"
I was wandering aimlessly to be honest. After the joust, the day was bogged down in negotiations and discussions, so that I am really just happy to walk around a bit. I am looking forward to the next rounds of jousts and especially the melee! How about you? I guess you will participate as well?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Remembering the negotiations he had been in the past few days, he could understand Kevan's feelings.

"
I know how you feel, not the place really for us. Aye, I will be in the melee. Sadly, I was unable to convince the others to make me the commander of one of the teams."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat May 16, 2015 2:41 pm

"
... but I am! I guess my past experience of living in Riverrun had quite something to do with this. And while we are at it: I am still looking for team members for my melee team. Do you think, want to fight side by side, just like back in the days as squires?"

[OOC: I have no idea how the melee will actually be played, or if I am even able to choose my team members... I just keep recruiting people :-)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 16, 2015 3:42 pm

Jorah looked at Kevan, a bemused look on his face.

"
Well, you always need somebody competent to watch your back. Too many people here are obsessed with glory for themselves without thinking about the other people they are fighting alongside."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat May 16, 2015 3:54 pm

"
Well you know how it is, the tourney ground serves as a battlefield in times of peace. Many young men eager to prove their skill..."

Hah, old Jorah, harder to court than a lady

"
Yeah, at least in the beginning, before the whole mess turns into a free for all. If you want to, I am happy to have you on my side..."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Jorah contemplates the offer for a second, before holding out his hand

"
I'd be honoured to."

ooc
still counts as an adult you whippersnapper

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Loreia happens across Jorah - whom she salutes - and smiles when she notices who he's speaking to;
Kevan Lyras, a knight in service to the Marstens she only met once before, briefly. "
Ser Kevan! I knew that was you, at the inn last night. I would've said somethin', but that Jon Cobb fellow took me hand 'fore I could even think it. Been a year already?"

Her dog sits and pants while looking back and forth between the parties who happen to be waiting for their turn to speak.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon May 18, 2015 10:40 pm

Kevan shakes Jorah's hand with a firm grip "
Splendid! I look forward to it!"

When Loreia steps to them, greeting him, clearly knowing who he is, he is taken aback "
Forgive me my Lady, I am at a disadvantage, as I do not know who you are..? Yes I was at the inn for a quick refreshment at the evening I arrived at the Tourney, but I fear I was too tired to notice anyone present. From your salute I understand that you are serving Ser Jorah Holt?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue May 19, 2015 2:31 am

"
Yes, he leads Company Grenward, which I'm part of,"
she answers, a little disappointed he doesn't recognize her straight off. The smile recovers, as she thinks he surely must remember, or might chance to. It's not every day people have the privilege of meeting a woman taking shifts with the soldiers, at least in the south. "
A rider of your skill is worth knowin', ser. You rode in the tourney at the Twins, didn't you? Don't you remember me? Sure you do, I'll give you a moment to guess my name or remember me face."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue May 19, 2015 10:22 pm

"
Ah yes, I think I remember you, you were sitting on the other side of the inn talking to someone, unfortunately, we did not talk to each other, something I am happy we can catch up on now!"

[url=Lying][/url]: 3d6+2 11
[OOC: Kevan clearly does not know you, but he hopes you do no see through his white lie to not offend you Very Happy ]

"
So, a guardwoman? I heard that in the North women are more likely to take up arms, than here in the Riverlands, but I have not yet met a female warrior.Are there other women in the Grenward company? How do you enjoy the Tourney? Do you plan to participate in any of the competitions?"

"
Thank you for the compliment, I am happy with my performance so far"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed May 20, 2015 3:27 am

*I was giving you an opportunity to have been acquainted before, but if you insist.*
[url=Awareness vs Kevan - Day 4, Late Evening][/url]: 4d6k3 12
Your +2 works for just the one ability you choose when you take Blood of Andals, so if this is Deception, you wouldn't get to apply that to your roll.

Loreia's smile is lost in realization of her error. She knows a half-cocked white lie when she's paying attention. Her face turns rosy with hint of embarrassment, but she reigns it in and brings her polite smile back, nodding at Kevan's positive sentiment. Save face, pretend there's no hiccup, and so forth. It's not the way of the North. After what visits to the south I've been for my duty, I must have picked that up.
Kevan Lyras wrote:"
So, a guardwoman? I heard that in the North women are more likely to take up arms, than here in the Riverlands, but I have not yet met a female warrior.Are there other women in the Grenward company?"
"
Doesn't bother you, then. Good,"
she answers, mirth slowly coming back in her tone. "
Depends who's asked. I say no, and some might say there aren't any at all. Really though, for a Northern house, House Coldbrook's an exception in some ways between the North and the south, just barely. Could be I'm the odd one out - if you're not from the North - serving house of the same. I'm in good company though, at Grenward anyway. Lately, I met a few others who don't seem to mind what I am. Been a stroke of good luck these past couple days."

How do you enjoy the Tourney? Do you plan to participate in any of the competitions?"
"
I've been thinkin' 'bout joinin' the melee. I wasn't allowed in the contest at last year's tourney. Maybe I'll get to join this time,"
she wonders aloud, glancing towards Jorah as she does.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed May 20, 2015 7:41 am

Kevan sees from Loreia's reaction that his lie was recognized

"
Oh no that does not bother me at all, why should a women stand below a man in this regard, if she proofs to be capable at the task?"

A little bit of political statement, do not say rhat too loud around greens...

"
From your description of the Company, I gather Ser Jorah is just the right commander then"
he adds with a little wink. "
Hm, you were not allowed? Maybe a melee team leader asking specificially for you to join woukd help with that..?"
his head tearning toward Jorah as well with that last comment.

Well, at least she is not angered, would be my own fault, lying never served me well

[OOC: The +2 is from the courteous benefit which lets me add half my persuasion rank to deception. As for the BoTA benefit: the reroll is tied to a speciality, which is convince in my case, the +2 us limited to once a day but no linked with a specific ability]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed May 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Loreia Merrgal wrote:
How do you enjoy the Tourney? Do you plan to participate in any of the competitions?"
"
I've been thinkin' 'bout joinin' the melee. I wasn't allowed in the contest at last year's tourney. Maybe I'll get to join this time,"
she wonders aloud, glancing towards Jorah as she does.

"
We'll have to speak to Ser Frederyck, but considering that the North does not generally have any knights, this shouldn't be an issue."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed May 20, 2015 7:38 pm

"
Hm, Ser Moustache... I do not think this will be a problem."
turning to Loreia, whose name he still did not know: "
What do you think? Shall we visit Ser Frederyck right now, together?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu May 21, 2015 6:41 am

"
It's getting late, Ser Kevan. We ought to visit Frederyck a little earlier tomorrow, melee's not for a few days yet. Maybe in the morning?"

*New thread for Day 5 on the tourney grounds at the lists. Unfortunately, the chase for Holy Harry and getting sidetracked by Jon Cobb getting help from me to buy a horse will have us working around Kevan's jousting to speak to Ser Frederyck. Since Kevan will be a team leader, I would also like to share a conversation on the way to the lists in the new thread.*
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down