Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

+24
Marq Mooton
Ser Raynald Dulver
Samurel Manderly
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Ser Jorah Holt
Dyana Marsten
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Yoren longshore
Athelstan
Kevan Lyras
Gwyneth Drakeson
Jon Cobb
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Garret Snow
Dunstan Tullison
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
28 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 8 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Yoren longshore Fri May 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Azincourt by Cornwell is amazing, I love the view from people, instead of simply reading of strategies. I second all suggestions to read his books:)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 8 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri May 29, 2015 3:07 pm

I'll bear that in mind. I have an almoghty stack to get through as it is, but once it's gotten smaller. Smile
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri May 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Anything I've read by Cornwell is pretty awesome, I'm not the type to pick up books and read and read and read though, so I've not had a very wide selection.

Except when it's GRRM or Clancy (well Ryanverse Clancy and Westeros sans spoiler chapters from book 6 anyway)...then I do read it as soon as I am able to get my hands on the stuff.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=47&
t=1037

- PCs v religious nutjobs, effectively over by round 3!
- Highlight is obviously Greatsword knight wounding Dunstan. I guess some other stuff happened but I wasn't really paying attention.....

More seriously:
- "
Ser Theomore rides again"
- tramples several Woodsmen, breaking the enemy
- Ser Kevan - 28 damage with a longsword! One very dead knight
- Ser Jon Cobb - Wrecker wrecks knight
- Ser Jorah - outfights Ser LIonel in their horseback due
- Ser Ben - knights and Woodsmen fall before him. Will help impress lady isobel?
- Lord Dunstan - bearing a wound bravely, and driving off the enemy with the highest damage potential
- Ser Baelon - wins initiative, frees prisoner, smites knights and woodsman
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Reader wrote:http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&
t=1037

- PCs v religious nutjobs, effectively over by round 3!
- Highlight is obviously Greatsword knight wounding Dunstan. I guess some other stuff happened but I wasn't really paying attention.....

More seriously:
- "
Ser Theomore rides again"
- tramples several Woodsmen, breaking the enemy
- Ser Kevan - 28 damage with a longsword! One very dead knight
- Ser Jon Cobb - Wrecker wrecks knight
- Ser Jorah - outfights Ser LIonel in their horseback due
- Ser Ben - knights and Woodsmen fall before him. Will help impress lady isobel?
- Lord Dunstan - bearing a wound bravely, and driving off the enemy with the highest damage potential
- Ser Baelon - wins initiative, frees prisoner, smites knights and woodsman

Huzzah!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:03 pm

[url=My new favorite moment in the game!][/url]

"
But you speak of love, of hope of love, and I can't help but think... you don't know me, but... I should..."
She blinks at him, once. "
I do not know if I can truly love a man."
Dyana says, giving the last word an odd inflection.
If this goes where I think it does, Daveth and I are the chumps of the ball! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Holy crap! Surprised
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Bahahaha

I owe myself a groat.

Well played, Dyana. Well played.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:15 pm

And here was I, thinking how lovely Daveth's outpouring was, and how he so deserves a nice wife to appreciate that gentle soul of his. Poor guy.

Jon, looks like my mother is your last chance at that shag you wanted. :;
):
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Well, in a tourney filled with buff, strapping guys, Daveth may have always been the one for her. Smile

I mean, her marriage will always be hanging over her head like Damocles' Sword. She can't avoid it by haring off after Dunstan like Gwyn did. If she goes with Daveth, at least she knows and likes who she's getting.

Otherwise it may be Lord Hirsuite of House Mascuphallus, and then what's she got?

(^_^)
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:30 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Jon, looks like my mother is your last chance at that shag you wanted. :;
):
I assure you my intentions towards your mother are wholly honorable, young lady. So start practicing calling Jon...'Daddy'. Twisted Evil

And hey, if Jon can't get laid with a Marsten chick, there's loads more lovely ladies at the tourney. Jon just hasn't had the time slots to meet them all yet! Laughing

Last edited by 117 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:Well, in a tourney filled with buff, strapping guys, Daveth may have always been the one for her. Smile

I mean, her marriage will always be hanging over her head like Damocles' Sword. She can't avoid it by haring off after Dunstan like Gwyn did. If she goes with Daveth, at least she knows and likes who she's getting.

Otherwise it may be Lord Hirsuite of House Mascuphallus, and then what's she got?

(^_^)

Indeed. Daveth is a good pick. Maybe he will let her have sapphic handmaidens. :;
):
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Jon Cobb wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Jon, looks like my mother is your last chance at that shag you wanted. :;
):
I assure you my intentions towards your mother are wholly honorable, young lady. So start practicing calling Jon...'Daddy'. Twisted Evil

And hey, if Jon can't get laid with a Marsten chick, there's loads more lovely ladies at the tourney. Jon just hasn't had the time slots to meet them all yet! Laughing

Your second statement rather undermines the first, dear. Honourable, my arse. Razz
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:33 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Honourable, my arse. Razz
I wouldn't know. Jon hasn't seen Corinne's arse. Embarassed

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:34 pm

While I'm excited to make it into this thread and see the discussions, I'd ask that everyone be mindful of Dyana's phrasing before extrapolating conclusions. Smile

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:38 pm

I gotta say it's very beautiful. A little on the verbose side with the monologing from Daveth, but played very well. She hasn't explained what she means yet, or her previous history with male partners. I'll be looking forward to reading about those nuggets.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Dyana Marsten wrote:While I'm excited to make it into this thread and see the discussions, I'd ask that everyone be mindful of Dyana's phrasing before extrapolating conclusions. Smile
What? And miss out on all the amusing speculation? Never happen. :;
):

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Dyana Marsten wrote:While I'm excited to make it into this thread and see the discussions, I'd ask that everyone be mindful of Dyana's phrasing before extrapolating conclusions. Smile

I thought I was being mindful. My conclusion was that she's bisexual, but tends to have romantic feelings for women more than men. I am ok with being wrong about that though, it was just the impression that I got, and it's a totally valid orientation. Sorry if I caused offense by getting it wrong, but I must admit I thought that was rather cool, to have a character with a complex sexuality/romantic inclination. I didn't mean any badness, I promise.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Jon Cobb wrote:

I'm surprised he hasn't copped a look when he had the opportunity. Razz He's missing out. :;
): And Ben isn't the sort to kiss and tell, I don't think.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Loreia Merrgal wrote:I gotta say it's very beautiful. A little on the verbose side with the monologing from Daveth, but played very well. She hasn't explained what she means yet, or her previous history with male partners. I'll be looking forward to reading about those nuggets.

I found it rather beautiful too. I really like that there is emotional depth in this game.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Jon Cobb wrote:

I'm surprised he hasn't copped a look when he had the opportunity. Razz He's missing out. :;
): And Ben isn't the sort to kiss and tell, I don't think.
I believe our only encounter so far was strictly face-to-face, and at your place, not his. So the only person who could reasonably have gotten a look at anyone's arse would be Corinne checking out Jon's when he left the meeting. :8-):

As for Ben-boy, he's just so excruciatingly nice and in love that he needs a theme song:
[url:piej0ofq]https:
//www.
youtube.
com/watch?v=89MihWd6zKk[/url:piej0ofq]

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:00 pm

I didn't take offense by anything said by anyone. I was mildly afraid speculation would shoot too far from the truth, but on the contrary, it seems my meanings got through rather well.

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:05 pm

Well, she says she's had more than one male lover, but then stresses she's not sure if she can love a man, so we have a good notion that she's not totally repulsed by men's bodies...but has never experienced a strong emotional romantic bond with one, nor indeed is sure if she's attracted to men in that way.

That doesn't even technically imply the opposite...that she has had that bond with women...we're just taking what you said and running gleefully around with it, trying to steal it from each other's mouths like puppies playing with an old sock. Smile

Edit - Reread. I'm a goober. Her emphasis was on man, which does indeed imply the opposite.

CARRY ON NOTHING TO SEE HERE

*doggedly keeps selling tickets to the DavYana ship*
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:19 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:*doggedly keeps selling tickets to the DavYana ship*

I think you'll find I'm on the guest list. :;
): :8-):
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:20 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:*doggedly keeps selling tickets to the DavYana ship*
Oh I'm buyin'.

Well what does it mean to be a man in this setting, to be masculine? Maybe that's got something to do with it. Marry for friendship, do it! Or just to get away from that insufferable Lady Isobel!
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next