Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

+24
Marq Mooton
Ser Raynald Dulver
Samurel Manderly
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Ser Jorah Holt
Dyana Marsten
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Yoren longshore
Athelstan
Kevan Lyras
Gwyneth Drakeson
Jon Cobb
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Garret Snow
Dunstan Tullison
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
28 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 10 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:No, you're right, there's an Austin reference in the Godswood post. Share my pain! Know my misery! Twisted Evil

Wasn't one in the Bartheld ball thread, though. Well, not deliberately, anyway, but the scars run deep, so who knows...

It was one of the bits where Daveth thought that he would make an excellent wife for Dyana... so maybe it was this one. I could look it up, but I'm in the middle of some actual work, so...
Paraphrasing - "
It is a well known fact that a young man possessing a good fortune must be in want of a wife."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 10 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Yeah, that's the one, that's from the Godswood thread. Opening line of Pride and Bloody Prejudice. GCSE English Lit, and I *still* can't scrub my brain of the bloody thing. Evil or Very Mad

Closest thing from the Bartheld Party was in the thread after we'd left, where Blue Oni said the line She clearly makes a great man, and you a great woman. Shall I fetch your petticoat and corset, Lady Daveth?, which was the same Oni hitting the same target, so it's easy enough to confuse the two.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:17 pm

viewtopic.php?f=73&
t=1165&
p=28147#p28125

A worthy end (in terms of prose at least) to Ser Jon. Not too sure if getting his neck slashed by some mystery knight is a worthy end, but eh.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&
t=1165&
p=28147#p28125

A worthy end (in terms of prose at least) to Ser Jon. Not too sure if getting his neck slashed by some mystery knight is a worthy end, but eh.

I dropped him a PM, but agree on the public praise. Smile

For Drama!
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:59 am

[url=Subject: Dark dreams don't die (sorry had to) (closed)][/url]

I like your dream and the running quality to it. It transitions just like I remember my dreams doing, basing themselves off of one single sense and leading to the next like a tangle of spaghetti with only one noodle. I like the lack of punctuation in it as well. Nicely done Yoren
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Reader wrote:
As Daveth finished, Garret underlined the extent to which he was the other side of the coin to his intense brother.

"
And I want to fuck Corrine Marsten and Queen Alicent at the same time."

A jest - heartfelt, or to conceal what he really felt?

I may as a man disclose that that is what any man would heartfully want, gotta give it to him, he's got his priority straight :;
):

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Garret operates a barbell strategy when it comes to lechery in that scene: one young target, one old target.

Was supposed to be Daveth's scene (we resolved it off-screen) but I couldn't resist the set-up given Garret's character...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Admittedly, barbell seduction sounds a whole lot better that bullet seduction...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:Admittedly, barbell seduction sounds a whole lot better that bullet seduction...

Just pay 200ss to attend Garret's "
Westeros pick-up artists"
classes and receive a free dusty tome filled with tips NOW!*

[size=50:ho3b3sb8]*Book imposes -2B on Persuade &
Deception rolls and may cause bad breath.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:00 am

Reader wrote:
Yoren longshore wrote:Admittedly, barbell seduction sounds a whole lot better that bullet seduction...

Just pay 200ss to attend Garret's "
Westeros pick-up artists"
classes and receive a free dusty tome filled with tips NOW!*

[size=50:16q0rijb]*Book imposes -2B on Persuade &
Deception rolls and may cause bad breath.

Dying with laughter. Laughing
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&
t=1165&
p=28147#p28125

I feel the death of any PC deserves at least a bit of prose.

Also, his death was far more tragic than that, even though only himself and Dyana know that. He didn't get his neck slashed by some mystery knight - it was slashed accidentally, and by the woman he loved and feared would not love him back.

All in all, truly a terrible way to go.

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:21 pm

Yeah, pretty sure that's a fairly grim death.

Well written though, worthy of great praise!
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:19 pm

Dyana Marsten wrote:http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&
t=1217&
view=unread#p30215

Just. Just placing this here.

*The first nightmare was too deep a slumber, far from nightmarish, far from personal. The River Ghost is not pleased with its work. Loreia's control over her dream had rendered its masterpiece artless, crude, lacking. And so, the River Ghost waits for Loreia to return for a second assault.*

A powerful opening and gets even better. Glad to see Ser Theomore tormenting his fellow PCs even in their dreams.

"
Perhaps it is Theomore. It would be just like him to enter a real fight with his identity protected, to avoid risking humiliation in an early defeat in the grand melee. Nor would it surprise her if he entered as a mystery knight in the tilts to add to his winnings. That he should come before her now to face his execution was only poetic justice....

...Panting and loathe to flee in the presence of her lord, she rasps, "
Let me see your face before I die, blackguard."

The helmet disappears, and the sword is replaced with a mace. Daveth postures angrily as shadows swarm him. His gnashing is cut short as a knife appears through his throat, twisting. It leaves as its victim falls, returning to its master's side in the hand of Theomore."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:20 pm

I got the sense that the knight was actually Dunstan, and that Theomore assassinated Daveth...

It's a little unclear, but dreams can be that way...
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Theo and Arlyn discussing the virtues of knighthood is a lot of fun to write.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:07 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Theo and Arlyn discussing the virtues of knighthood is a lot of fun to write.

It is also fun to read and gives both characters a new perspective. Like it!

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:25 pm

Dyana Marsten wrote:http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&
t=1217&
view=unread#p30215

Just. Just placing this here.
I'm glad you people noticed. I put some real work into making that a dream in which she conquers what's thrown at her, but she sorta kinda did that in the first dream. That first bit is about me, not the River Ghost, in a way that doesn't break the 4th wall and integrates my dissatisfaction into story-speak. After all, conquering what's thrown at you in a nightmare isn't a nightmare proper, I realized that after reading some of the others' dreams, and when Corrine asked me what was so terrible about mine, and my answer would have been 'not much, I saw some of my friends dead or dying', which isn't very disturbing in its own right, a lot of people see that in their dreams, but it doesn't haunt them or bother them much because they can just forget it.

So I made some drastic changes to the original, and this was the result. The knight is Dunstan, confirmed. Theomore refers to him as his nephew, and the sword actually transforms into a mace via wisps of shadow, Dunstan's weapon of choice.

It got a little bit Star Wars at the end.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:06 am

Bravo again to Loreia on the dream, hope some Tullisons find time to post in it.

Proper badass grandpa moment from Ser Derrock (not that he has any publicly acknowledged children).

viewtopic.php?f=67&
t=1223&
p=30595#p30595
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:19 pm

Reader wrote:Bravo again to Loreia on the dream, hope some Tullisons find time to post in it.

Proper badass grandpa moment from Ser Derrock (not that he has any publicly acknowledged children).

viewtopic.php?f=67&
t=1223&
p=30595#p30595

I agree with reader. I read it out loud to my wife and she enjoyed it as well
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:00 pm

I like this dream - glad Theomore showed up, in a way that would tug at Daveth's conscience.

Plus we get red oni and blue oni Daveths offering different perspectives!

viewtopic.php?f=67&
t=1305
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:03 pm

Tragic futility in Dyana's dream:

viewtopic.php?f=67&
t=1293#p30787

It's the little details that got me here - the search for Mikael's face, the camera panning back near the end to reveal the defence of a pointless pass.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:50 am

Dunstan Tullison wrote:"
The honor is all mine Ser!"
Dunstan smiles, "
At least the person who struck you was a man, I got beaten by a woman!"
he laughs hard, trying to add a joke of his own to the conversation. It would hurt his pride if it was anybody else but Loreaia, a beast and a freak of a woman - everyone knew.

"
Snip Or was she pretty? Dunstan couldn't remmember but most certainly wanted to lay eyes on a proper woman, one who won't smack him over the head with a bastard sword but smile and smell of perfume.

Dustin day dreaming about a women whom can beat him up. It only is going to add fuel to the rumors that lord tullison has peculiar taste in women Twisted Evil
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:08 am

Hmm, I suppose it raises a fair question. If you can afford scents, why not buy it? Unless I'm going to be offending people because I'm lowborn. I do have a sachet, and though I wouldn't carry that in a fight, it counts for something good sirs!
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=67&
t=1317

Isobel didn't smile. She never smiled. But Gwyn saw the smile behind her malicious little eyes. "
Lord Dunstan, my niece is yours. To do with as you will. In exchange for taking her off my hands, you may have the honey sweets, as previously discussed."
She nodded at Theomore, who returned the nod gravely, as if this was an important matter of state.

"
HUH BUH!"
exclaimed Dunstan excitedly. His eyes shone as the package of sweets was put into his hands, and he immediately tore it open and started gorging himself, walking distractedly away...forgetting about Gwyn entirely in the process.

That is very Theoish.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next