Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

+24
Marq Mooton
Ser Raynald Dulver
Samurel Manderly
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Ser Jorah Holt
Dyana Marsten
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Yoren longshore
Athelstan
Kevan Lyras
Gwyneth Drakeson
Jon Cobb
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Garret Snow
Dunstan Tullison
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
28 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 22 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:14 am

From the description Alys has to be one of the coolest characters of story 2, the rumours about warging just brought that to my attention :;
):
(Having a werewolf ally would merely be a bonus Laughing )

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 22 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:58 pm

viewtopic.php?f=175&
t=2495&
start=20#p71497

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Oh no, its another Daveth he thought to himself.

The quote is more amusing on it's own rather in the context IMO, but taking out of the context is fun :mrgreen:
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:14 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=175&
t=2495&
start=20#p71497

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Oh no, its another Daveth he thought to himself.

The quote is more amusing on it's own rather in the context IMO, but taking out of the context is fun :mrgreen:

I like the IC queries on why you lot are investigating. I hope someone figures it out: KL is probably the idea place to do so. :;
):
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:03 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:As Theomore finishes speaking he hears a thud. Oh Gods have Mercy. That rash child! Theomore, how could you have encouraged this. Those women, and the children, or the poor sweet innocent children. They never even had a chance at life. Why? Septon Arlyns face is ruddy, but he manages to hold back more tears from streaming down his face. What Have I done wrong? These men, I have spoken with them, taught them. Have my lessons been for naught? What Is my purpose...

[size=200:x58vcmv1]Enough Servant Arlyn!

[size=150:x58vcmv1]Come on Dear, obviously he blames himself.

[size=150:x58vcmv1]As well He should. He should have stood and fought for those small folk, thrown himself into the maw to spare...

[size=150:x58vcmv1]Or he could have constructed a safe place for them to go. Or spoken to the Prince himself

[size=150:x58vcmv1]There is no way that he could have known what was going to happen.

[size=200:x58vcmv1]Enough, the rest of you be quiet

[size=85:x58vcmv1]You know that Ser Theomore did the right thing. If not for his actions the breath of fire would have spread throughout this battle valley. As distastful as it is to the rest of you, you know I am right...

[size=200:x58vcmv1]I Said Quiet!

[size=150:x58vcmv1]...

[size=200:x58vcmv1]Thank you, Now Servant Arlyn, you have been charged by us to act as a man of your station. So get your fat ass off the ground and confront Ser Theomore. Find out all you can. The truth is out their, and its your charge to find out the facts, and bring the sevens light to them.

Will you help Guide me father? Pleads Septon Arlyn Silently

[size=200:x58vcmv1]I already have

Oh great, more criptic riddles and another charge, thanks a lot Septon Arlyn sighs inwardly.

[size=200:x58vcmv1]Heard that!

Seven above! Can I get space in my own head to think? *silence* "
Thank you."
The Septon finally replies aloud, opening his eyes and blinking out some of the rain from his bow. Oh gods, Ser Theomore must think I'm addled, "
For coming forward with that information Ser Theomore."
Septon Arlyn continues quickly then makes a sign of the seven in front of his chest before rising, the squelching of the mud ploping as he rises and mud staining the front of his dirty white robes where the Septon knees had dug into the spongy earth. "
I just realized I missed my daily devotion"

[size=85:x58vcmv1]*Snigger*

"
This is troubling news you have brought me. Have you informed anyone else? I'm sure other investigating houses will be wroth, particularly the first among equals."
I know I am, and I do not have half the temper of Lady Corrine. "
Ser Theomore..."
The Septon searches for something, the proper verbiage to gain the truth without exposing his level of distaste the Septon felt in his mouth. And Lady Corrine thinks that warding of young Lord Bejicot was the worst thing to have happened today. "
Ser Theomore, this greatly disturbs me. These men women and children that were gathered did not have a chance to have their cases heard. How involved were you in this... justice."
The last word tasted of ash and soot, with the bitter tang of poison. Justice was not done here, vengence was. There was no mercy in these actions.

(Septon Arlyn would be wanting to enter an intrigue to discover what really happened if he feels that you are holding anything back. IDK what you would test against (passive will 16, awareness is 12) so you can try and spin a thread or tell the truth.)

with those voices, only one path awaits poor Arlyn...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8dOGKGR0zc
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Ser Jorah Holt is named to the Kingsguard!

viewtopic.php?f=165&
t=1643&
start=10#p75199

This is the end of some hard work by all of the Black Faction (as it involves the interaction of a pair of story prizes from Season 1 earned by the Black Faction) but also much hard work from Daveth and Ser Jorah, both in roleplay and impressive performances in challenges (rescuing Prince Aemond during the explosion, Daveth's propaganda efforts to name just two), commanding battles and in skirmishes. This was hard earned but well earned.

This is just a trailer for the full IC ceremony during the offseason, including the formal write-up of Ser Jorah's deeds in the white book by Ser Criston Cole himself.

Also gives everyone a chance to react IC before offseason/story 3.

Or, you know, a chance to intrigue Ser Jorah to get friendly with one of the royal bodyguards... Twisted Evil
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:39 pm

Congrats and well done, Jorah!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Hear hear!
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Both of you two played your part, at least so far as ensuring a Black was first in line, albeit other deeds have ensured the appointment is not seen as nakedly political. Smile

Ser Jorah's draft White Book entry is already impressive (Riverrun tourney and melee, duel with Ser Lionel Darry, leading the campaign against the clans, leading Coldbrook troops against the faith militant, tracking down Ser Duncan of the Faith Militant, saving Prince Aemond Targaryen, personal combat and leading troops during Peacemakers, defeating revolutionaries in the clay caves and recovering wildfire, champion of Lord Bracken's Peace Joust). Potential to add some tragedy/glory with a successful/failed rescue of Lily Daleford too before the book is written.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:13 pm

viewtopic.php?p=76273#p76273

My ego approves of how Coldbrooks/Drakesons suspect some hidden nefarious agenda behind everything Theo does.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:16 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?p=76273#p76273

My ego approves of how Coldbrooks/Drakesons suspect some hidden nefarious agenda behind everything Theo does.

And with good reason!

You should see the various OOC house forums. Sometimes I felt sad PCs were crediting rival PC for NPC schemes, but it adds to the rich tapestry in-game. My NPCs can live without the credit/blame for their schemes.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:07 am

Theomore Tullison wrote:http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?p=76273#p76273

It's not just those two houses. Razz Though, the recent interaction with Corrine has rather surprised her, and she's no longer totally convinced Theo is evil, hehe.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:46 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:

It's not just those two houses. Razz Though, the recent interaction with Corrine has rather surprised her, and she's no longer totally convinced Theo is evil, hehe.

Or is it that she is no longer convinced Theo is totally evil? Twisted Evil Laughing
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:48 am

Well, it's simple - you have a reason for everything you do. We all do, really. It's just that your reasons are less obvious than most - and Theo's not exactly the most moral person. It's not that we think that everything is nefarious, just that when so much of it is (from our perspective), it makes sense to assume that everything could be nefarious.

For the record, I don't think that Theo is evil - unscrupulous, but not evil.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:24 am

Evil's not usually a very productive word, in my view. It tends to short circuit a much more useful process of working out just what's actually motivating someone else.

And to be fair, Daveth has reasons to feel that way about Theo...even if they're not particularly rational. Smile

I do like how Daveth's player keeps pushing that to the forefront of his character's mind...it feels very genuine to me. He has to believe Theo's bad, even if he is no longer actually, consciously blaming Theo for his brother's death.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:35 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:

Or is it that she is no longer convinced Theo is totally evil? Twisted Evil Laughing

Quite! Laughing For good or ill, he's convinced her that he's going to change for the better. Time will tell.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm not accusing anyone of over-reacting, I think some characters are, but it's not out of reason for them to do it. Just saying that I find it highly enjoyable to read Daveth and others fearing what he might be up to.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:31 pm

Hehe, I can imagine. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:34 pm

Writing up the dangerous offer made to Loreia by Ser Eoric (viewtopic.php?f=189&
t=2619&
p=76725#p76725
) reminded me of the guards-woman's progress to the melee final in story 1, and the mockery she faced down then (and again in story 2): viewtopic.php?f=73&
t=1169&
start=120#p31373

A big choice for Daveth and Loreia to make - a big potential hit to his house's influence (and an enormous target on Loreia's back at EVERY tourney, melee and battle to come), but also the chance for a young house to make an influential friend...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Seeing that post made me wonder: Do you also (loosely) track resources for the main NPC houses or just wing it if necessary?
Because it is not only the Coldbrooks who would be hit with an influence penalty. I guess people wont forget who knighted the she-knight...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:02 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Seeing that post made me wonder: Do you also (loosely) track resources for the main NPC houses or just wing it if necessary?
Because it is not only the Coldbrooks who would be hit with an influence penalty. I guess people wont forget who knighted the she-knight...

Tully, Darry, Daleford, Frey, Lucas, Wyl, Bracken and Blackwood are on my spreadsheet (mostly just numbers for Power/influence/wealth etc rather than full breakdowns). Latter two haven't been updated for the treaty yet, but their stats mattered for when PCs approached them for civil war contributions. The rest I just wing. Intend to add Royce too. Embarassed

System makes most of this stuff easy to update - it's pretty elegant (albeit as noted I've not allocated things out on a per unit basis). It helps for tracking Darry's attempts to recover and why they're keen on influence or House Tully's pursuit of wealth etc.

Nathaniel and I wrote up House Roxton and a full history too, mainly for fun, but it has been handy too for background and will be used in the civil war.

Edit: so yes, House Tully will get hit HARD on influence if this madness goes ahead.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:06 pm

Isn't that like, Ser Eoric giving every knight between here and the Arbor cause to challenge him to a duel for the insult?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Isn't that like, Ser Eoric giving every knight between here and the Arbor cause to challenge him to a duel for the insult?

And Loreia! And men sworn to Ser Eoric (potentially easier pickings than Riverrun's heir himself, due to both his status and personal prowess).

Needless to say, hilarity will ensue. Be careful what you wish for, particularly in Westeros.

But then, Loreia is seven-fold and seven-fold again a truer knight than the likes of Ser Theomore. :;
):

Not that that will help. Evil or Very Mad
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:26 am

viewtopic.php?f=173&
t=2645&
start=10#p77617

Good execution reaction post (among many others in that thread) foreshadowing issues yet to come.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Loriea vs Jon Roxton.

Ohm, nom, nom nom.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:22 pm

a proper green vs black confrontation

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next