Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

+24
Marq Mooton
Ser Raynald Dulver
Samurel Manderly
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Ser Jorah Holt
Dyana Marsten
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Yoren longshore
Athelstan
Kevan Lyras
Gwyneth Drakeson
Jon Cobb
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Garret Snow
Dunstan Tullison
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
28 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 21 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Nathan has a lot of compassion, but believes you must sometimes steel yourself against the softer instincts. In this case, he felt a statement needed to be made (but was almost as effective with 4 as it would have been with 30.) Sometimes you must do actions you abhor for the greater good, and doing things like this, while necessary, are never easy.

The easy path would have been to simply give the Septon his victory and spare them all, but that would have been (to him) a slap in the face of the victims. He also felt simply killing them all like the Septon first suggested would serve no real purpose either. It would be an act of revenge, but nothing more.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 21 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:47 pm

Ser Jon just made me blush and giggle girlishly IRL.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:51 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Ser Jon just made me blush and giggle girlishly IRL.

His handsomeness stretches through space and time. The link in my signature beckons...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:52 pm

hope You aren't 45yo balding guy IRL...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:01 pm

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:

Hey, that's what does it for some people and 45 year old men can giggle too! Evil or Very Mad

I've run this game for nearly a year and I'm actually a dog.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:06 pm

Reader wrote:
Ser Walton Dulver wrote:

Hey, that's what does it for some people and 45 year old men can giggle too! Evil or Very Mad

why my dog can't do anything?

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 21 7695ecfb2e607e9b3aef479c11cfe749.jpg

P.S. Yes, I have a beagle... in this exact moment it run into the kitchen to rummage in the garbage...

And actually image shows the main difference between Dragon's Dance and Martin's books. We are too nice, we put the common good above our little personal happinesses Embarassed Maybe Raynald was a little too marginal example, but he had potential- I really wanted to see him during offseason Very Happy

Last edited by 179 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:07 pm

Reader wrote:

They never suspected all this time Twisted Evil

But yeah, let's play nice mmm' Kay! Laughing
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:18 pm

Reader wrote:

His handsomeness stretches through space and time. The link in my signature beckons...

I had seen his pic before. Very nice. Though I like Ser Myles' pic too. If I'd picked Ysme Bartheld instead of Corrine, she'd be making light work of all these handsome men, and probably the pretty women too.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:19 pm

The path not taken eh?

Agree on Ser Myles, he needs to be an older, handsome gentleman to do his work...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:22 pm

Reader wrote:The path not taken eh?

Agree on Ser Myles, he needs to be an older, handsome gentleman to do his work...

With honest eyes and a plush beard. Very Happy

Indeed. Corrine just has to suppress her urges and keep the freaky shit for Ben. Laughing
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:36 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Reader wrote:The path not taken eh?

With honest eyes and a plush beard. Very Happy

Indeed. Corrine just has to suppress her urges and keep the freaky shit for Ben. Laughing

Hopefully he'll get his own spinoff series/survive to show up again.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:Nathan has a lot of compassion, but believes you must sometimes steel yourself against the softer instincts. In this case, he felt a statement needed to be made (but was almost as effective with 4 as it would have been with 30.) Sometimes you must do actions you abhor for the greater good, and doing things like this, while necessary, are never easy.

The easy path would have been to simply give the Septon his victory and spare them all, but that would have been (to him) a slap in the face of the victims. He also felt simply killing them all like the Septon first suggested would serve no real purpose either. It would be an act of revenge, but nothing more.

Septon was not denying that some should die, he just didn't want unnecessary suffering. He also believes in the old gods was of thinking that if you condemn a man to die, you should swing the sword/axe/hammer. Using such cruel methods is what he was arguing against. For civilization is the thin thread that separates men from animalistic vengeance, and the Septon fears that you are walking knifeknife and doesn't want you to become the thing you hate. Remember, your still a kid (15) a kid that could probably kill the Septon, but he dies not know how much innocence you have left but he doesn't want you to become the thing you hate Razz
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:52 pm

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:
Reader wrote:
Ser Walton Dulver wrote: We are too nice, we put the common good above our little personal happinesses Embarassed Maybe Raynald was a little too marginal example, but he had potential- I really wanted to see him during offseason Very Happy

Well, yes and no.

The presence of characters that generally wants to do the right thing are fairly common in the books. The recurring theme, however, is that no good deed goes unpunished.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:54 pm

viewtopic.php?f=175&
t=2399

Ser Walton Dulvers makes quite the entrance, unseating a knight of quality in a single pass (with a little help from his destiny). Sure to impress the future family. IC reaction welcome in the thread.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:13 pm

Tymon would still make the ride check, no?
(Not that I expect him to fail at TN9)

Other than that, impressive riding and a second straight loss to poor Ser Colyn. Maybe that will stop him from throwing gauntlets left and right...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:16 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Tymon would still make the ride check, no?
(Not that I expect him to fail at TN9)

Other than that, impressive riding and a second straight loss to poor Ser Colyn. Maybe that will stop him from throwing gauntlets left and right...

Oh yeah, I'll go request that.

Ser Colyn might learn something from this, he's in high quality company here. He's a dutiful man, and in a martial culture there's something to be said for protecting his lord's honour by making the challenge.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:
Well, yes and no.

The presence of characters that generally wants to do the right thing are fairly common in the books. The recurring theme, however, is that no good deed goes unpunished.

Indeed and we've had some moments of this.

However, much of the point of the pre 129 events is to build up friends and enemies to create some tragedy if/when the civil war kicks off. Now is (largely) the light, with darkness to come.

Starting a civil war game in 129 would be fun, but if we can pull this off it will be even better, having to kill friends you've made due to politics and fighting against rivals. War of The Roses/Richard III (play)/The Sunne in Splendour style tragedy is the dream. Ludicrously ambitious? Yes. But we'll soon be two stories in and with lots of IC bonds formed.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:17 am

Mmm Richard III... got to play Richmond once. Quite fun.

And there I go not letting a Shakespeare reference go without a comment. It's an addiction, I swear. Laughing
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:23 am

Baelon wrote:Mmm Richard III... got to play Richmond once. Quite fun.

And there I go not letting a Shakespeare reference go without a comment. It's an addiction, I swear. Laughing

I feel somewhat vindicated that I wasn't the first to do it. Smile

I was about to start posting my silly version of Richard III's speech;

"
Now is the winter of our discontent,
Made glorious summer by this leg of pork..."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:10 pm

Ser Kevan following Corrine (warfare investigation), Benedict (survival bear cave) and Luecian (funeral blunder) in showing how to turn critical failures in to fun story:

viewtopic.php?f=173&
t=2447

It's not just success that drives good narrative. Plus we got another glimpse in to Ser Kevan's background and who knighted him, a man you've all seen mentioned but are yet to meet. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:22 pm

Yeah, I plan on having a full write-up of the story how Kevan was knighted one day as the story is quite interesting. Unfortunately transforming it from the notes in my personal forum and the imagination in my head into a full write-up will likely take some more time :?

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:06 pm

[url:2xubuhtw]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=173&
t=2459&
p=69827#p69827[/url:2xubuhtw]

beautiful, sexy post, I like how this post is most likely influenced by losing the intrigue here.

[url:2xubuhtw]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=173&
t=2247#p64893[/url:2xubuhtw]

Well done yoren. Good RP Smile
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:[url:1gocpsn0]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=173&
t=2459&
p=69827#p69827[/url:1gocpsn0]

beautiful, sexy post, I like how this post is most likely influenced by losing the intrigue here.

[url:1gocpsn0]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=173&
t=2247#p64893[/url:1gocpsn0]

Well done yoren. Good RP Smile

Thanks, always nice when people compliment you;
)
Personally I think that less punishment is the way to go, but then you have the way to persuasive targaryens wanting blood...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:23 pm

Well flagged Septon. Another good example of someone taking a "
loss"
and turning it in to a good story. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:21 am

Kevan Lyras wrote:After Kevan's hunt for rumours about Market Town in the afternoon, he came to Raventree Hall once more that day, as he decided to use the time at hand to get to know his wife's aunt. He knew the women was an interesting person, being the captain of an archer regiment as a highborn women assured that, but it was the way his wife described her that intrigued him. "
The uncle she never had"
, he murmured to himself as he made his way to her chambers. That and rumours about warging....!

He arrived at her chambers and knocked on the door. "
Lady Alysanne? It is Kevan Lyras, the husband of your niece..."

[OOC: I'd like to start an intrigue with her to improve her disposition towards me.]
[url=Initiative Alys][/url]: 4d6+2 16

is someone trying to ensure that if a crazed alpengiest comes at them that they remember that "
oh wait, that is my good kin Ser Kevan, I kinda like that guy"
before they proceed to eat you Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing Razz
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next