Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

+24
Marq Mooton
Ser Raynald Dulver
Samurel Manderly
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Ser Jorah Holt
Dyana Marsten
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Yoren longshore
Athelstan
Kevan Lyras
Gwyneth Drakeson
Jon Cobb
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Garret Snow
Dunstan Tullison
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
28 posters

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 12 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:45 am

Nathan's a pretty interesting character. It is a little sad Gwyn moves in wholly different circles...but then again, perhaps it's for the best. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 12 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Loreia Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:50 am

viewtopic.php?f=67&
t=1405&
start=10#p36591

I was going to put this in the general thread, but I think it deserves a spot here. I mean holy shit dude. This is it, the beginning of the trek towards the event horizon. Also, nice Babylon 5 reference.

...I've never watched.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:00 am

And if the worst happens, and they're killed, you just turn the handle and pick out your next pawn. They're only smallfolk, after all.

Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:02 am

Thank you. It seemed a very apt question for Red Oni to ask, and a very thematically apt time to make that particular reference.

Now, I just have to get Blue Oni to ask 'Who are you?'. Twisted Evil
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:07 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
And if the worst happens, and they're killed, you just turn the handle and pick out your next pawn. They're only smallfolk, after all.

Yeah. He went there.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:08 am

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:Thank you. It seemed a very apt question for Red Oni to ask, and a very thematically apt time to make that particular reference.

So, Red Oni is a Shadow, and Blue is a Vorlon?
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:08 am

Well, his evil voice did. We must judge him on his actions, not on the urgings of his darker side. Smile

*gives Daveth the thumbs-up*
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:Well, his evil voice did. We must judge him on his actions, not on the urgings of his darker side. Smile

Indeed. Still, poor smallfolk.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:16 am

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:Well, his evil voice did. We must judge him on his actions, not on the urgings of his darker side. Smile

Did I say anthing? Very Happy

I like Daveth. I would never have him assassinated except as a last resort. Twisted Evil
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:20 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:

I like Daveth. I would never have him assassinated except as a last resort. Twisted Evil

You might ruin him more if you found the woman he loves a nice ladyfriend. :;
):
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:22 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Daveth Coldbrook wrote:Thank you. It seemed a very apt question for Red Oni to ask, and a very thematically apt time to make that particular reference.

So, Red Oni is a Shadow, and Blue is a Vorlon?
In that they're both bastards, but one of them is more blatant about it, certainly.

I mean, it's one of those analogies that breaks down on looking closely, but Red Oni is definitely about 'getting what you want, hang the consequences and the morality', which is very Shadow-esque.

Plus, for all that they may oppose each other, listening too much to either will likely lead to unfortunate places.

But yeah, to me, that was the right point to really begin Daveth's descent. Entirely by his own hand, he'd gotten himself into a situation where he couldn't figure out a way out, and then he was presented with one.

And even when the possible consequences were shoved right in his face, he didn't have the strength to either walk away from hate, or walk away from love, so he just buries his head in the sand and hopes it doesn't happen.

Out of Character, he should have taken Dyana's demands as a reason to give up on hunting Ser Theomore entirely, and try to live for something more positive. A worse choice would have been to walk away from Dyana, and only really risk himself. What Daveth's done is, I would say, the worst choice he could have made, in trying to have it all. He just doesn't realise it yet.

Of course, I don't know how Dyana will respond, so who knows how this scene will end.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:22 am

I'm telling you people, I'm screwed!

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:25 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Nathaniel Mason wrote:

You might ruin him more if you found the woman he loves a nice ladyfriend. :;
):

He seems to be ruining that on his own without any help from me.

Looks like the guy could use a relationship councilor :;
): .
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:28 am

Or just a therapist
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:31 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:

Looks like the guy could use a relationship councilor :;
): .

I think we could maybe make a business venture of it. Corrine likes matchmaking, and is LGBT-friendly, but lacks the right connections. Very Happy
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:32 am

Dyana Marsten wrote:I'm telling you people, I'm screwed!

Que the Padmè comparison....
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:

Snip

After a few seconds, the pain abated, and Daveth looked around to make sure no-one noticed his weakness, then wiped away the small collection of sweat that had formed on his brow, and turned his attention back to the medical book he had open before him, simply the latest one with a collection of symptoms that don't match up properly. Lupus. As if! and he angrily slides the book down the table away from him, and his mind seeks an escape from that frustration by resuming stewing over Ser Theomore.

Snip

He knew he'd need to check the relevant books to be absolutely sure, but already, he felt the certainty in his heart. She had two ailments - the lesser one incurable, but relatively mild. But the symptoms it would give would, if he was right, conceal half the symptoms of the greater ailment. Add those hidden symptoms in, and the diagnosis was simple. A shiver went through his body as he quickly came to two realisations: firstly, Lady Moraine was likely closer to death than anyone realised. And secondly, he could cure her. Barring a slightly shortness of breath and a susceptibility to the cold, which she could easily live with.

He could cure her.

He quickly started gathering the books he needed to confirm his theory, while making a mental list of all the ingredients he'd need. It was already late, though not quite as late as he'd usually work, but he knew he had a long night ahead of him. With luck, he could present the result at breakfast.

How very Dr House of you, I greatly enjoyed the "
Its not lupus"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:00 pm

Thank you. Very Happy Not being a doctor, I had to come up with a reason why the condition had proven difficult to diagnose, and the only medical shows I can remember watching are 'House' and 'Team Medical Dragon', and I felt the latter was both a little too obscure, and more focused on the conflicting priorities between doctors and management in a private hospital than unusual diagnoses. And the whole 'there are two conditions confusing matters' is, to my memory, the plot of just about every episode of House, so that's what I went with.

You have no idea how close I came to having a Green Oni agree with everything I thought, Red Oni disagree with everything, and Blue Oni be morally outraged at everything. Laughing Sadly, I couldn't get it to flow properly, so I dropped it.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:14 pm

That would have been epic, but it would have basically equated your posts too writing for 4 different characters all the time. Awesome, but time consuming
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:29 pm

Things no-one has said ever #873: "
I like that Daveth guy, but he really needs to be more verbose."
Laughing
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:02 pm

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:Things no-one has said ever #873: "
I like that Daveth guy, but he really needs to be more verbose."
Laughing

He has many qualities, but he's certainly not laconic! Perhaps that virtue is more appropriate for martial types?

Daveth gave up a lot OOC to follow the story in his medical endeavours, bravo.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:01 pm

An important moment:

viewtopic.php?f=125&
t=1545
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:05 pm

...which we are not allowed to see :;
):
(now you made me curious though Razz )

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:08 pm

Reader wrote:An important moment:

viewtopic.php?f=125&
t=1545

Boo. Can't see it. Sad
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Rofl. I keep doing that. Embarassed

With the PC's permission it will get moved eventually, but as ever only with player approval.

A reminder to everyone that in Season 2 everything should be happening in the open, relying on all of you not to meta-game, particularly given the way the investigation in to the list of alleged crimes will be handled. You'll all be getting investigation results via PM as you investigate each site, then you can all meet in counsel and present your evidence to each other.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next