Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 3, Afternoon] Peacemakers: foreign welfare [Closed]

4 posters

Go down

[Day 3, Afternoon] Peacemakers: foreign welfare [Closed] Empty [Day 3, Afternoon] Peacemakers: foreign welfare [Closed]

Post by Loreia Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:21 am

While keeping the peace in Pennytree, the Coldbrook party hears of a gang of mercenaries picking fights and terrorizing the people, perhaps lured by the chaos of the activity of the Blackwoods' feud with the Brackens. They speak of a lone warrior among them who fights with an artsy style. While Orell leads several men to address the issue, Loreia rides out on her horse to meet this mercenary. She comes across him - a tan Essosi, with foreign battledress under his armor - just as he's slicked his weapon with the blood of a fallen enemy.

"
Chaos opens up all kinds of opportunities for those new to the Kingdoms,"
she muses with grim, dry wit. She dismounts from her horse and yanks an eager blade from its sheath. Badger growls, anticipating aggression. "
Seems another one's opened up for you."

[url=Initiative - Day 3, Peacemakers][/url]: 4d6k3-1 12
Equipment: castle-forged sword&
shield, breastplate
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Day 3, Afternoon] Peacemakers: foreign welfare [Closed] Empty Re: [Day 3, Afternoon] Peacemakers: foreign welfare [Closed]

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:49 pm

[OOC: I would love to run this NC as I find non-standard fighting styles interesting, but I will understand if others prefer someone not Coldbrook-aligned do it]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[Day 3, Afternoon] Peacemakers: foreign welfare [Closed] Empty Re: [Day 3, Afternoon] Peacemakers: foreign welfare [Closed]

Post by Reader Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:07 pm

[OOC: offer accepted and stats in event page. Appreciate you checking on the internal house issue, but I think my tactics note alleviates that worry here]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Without turning towards her, the Essosi responds, "
A man must eat, no?"
He wipes the blood from his slender blade and pulls a coin pouch from his victim's belt. Tucking it into his clothes, he casually turns to face Loreia. "
A woman has taken opportunities, too, yes? A castle to live in, a lord gives three meals a day? A man has not had such opportunities. Perhaps after a woman is dead, a lord will recognize Raho's skills."

He drops into a low, balanced stance, his bravo's weapon extended towards Loreia, and the long basket-hilted dagger in his left hand ready to parry an incoming attack.

Meanwhile, voices can be heard:
"
The Demon's got a challenge!"

"
Raho's got a real fight? That's gonna be something to see."

"
I heard it's a woman though, how much of a fight could it be?"

"
I saw her fight at tourney last year - the big'n at River Run. She got second."

"
The northern bitch they call the Warrior's Shieldmaiden?"

"
Yeah, it's her!"

"
Well shit, this will be something to see. I got ten stags says Raho sticks her like a pig."

"
Heh, I'd stick 'er like a pig if'n I could."

"
Shut it Wat, no one wants to hear about you and the pigs."

A crowd assembles to watch the fight, creating a ring like the fighting pits of Slaver's Bay.

The Demon Raho
Agility 4, Athletics 4, Endurance 3, Awareness 4, Cunning 4 Fighting 4 (fencing 1B), Will 3
Equipment: Left-hand Dagger, Long Sword, Splint armour
Braavosi Fighter I
Tactics: Open with a knockdown attempt and a standard attack. Then attempt cunning and lesser attack followed by greater attacks (two-weapon)
Battlefield quality: Bystanders

Distance: 2 yards away.

[url=Intiative][/url]: 4d6-3 8 (crap roll gives Loreia the lead!)
CD: 12 [12 +3(LH Dagger, BF1) -3(AP)]
AR 7
Health: 9/9
F/I/W: 0/0/0
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:27 am

Loreia shows no intention of giving the foreigner a chance to shine, choosing to strike first and hardest. Her movements are careful, her opening decisive. Her sword rattles against Rabo's splint armor.

Lesser: move
Two Lesser: [url=Aim+attack][/url]: 7d6k4 15

CD: 11
AR: 7
Health: 15
F/i?W: 1/0/0
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:29 pm

[14 (15-1 fatigue) vs. CD12, 1 DoS, 5(?) - 7AR = 0 damage]

Round 1

Raho gracefully (despite his heavy armor) spins to the side, Loreia's blade skittering off of the steel splints of his jack.
Continuing his spin, his foot lashes out and strikes Loreia in the back of the knee, sending her tumbling off her feet.
His longsword almost casually slides across her arm. A cheer goes up from the audience, and The Demon bows with a flourish.

"
A woman should be careful. Where a man is from, even dancing is deadly."

He licks some of Loreia's blood from his sword.

[url=Round 1 Knockdown][/url]: 4d6 12
[url=Round 1 Attack w/KD][/url]: 5d6 18 2 DoS, 10-7AR = 3 damage
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:24 pm

Round 2

The drawing of first blood sets Loreia's nerves on fire. "
I'm not dancin'."
Guarding her flank, she stumbles back to her feet and continues swinging, flustered by her continued lack of headway against the Demon.

Lesser [url=Stand up TN9 - foreign welfare][/url]: 3d6 6
Lesser [url=standard attack - foreign welfare, Rnd 2][/url]: 6d6k4 14

CD 11
AR 7
Health 12
F/I/W: 1/0/0
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:23 pm

[OOC: You're having terrible luck with the dice this fight. :? 13 vs CD12, 1 DoS, 5-7AR = 0 damage]

Round 2

Raho catches - no, guides Loreia's sword to the side with his dagger, her edge once again skittering off of his splint.

"
A man has noticed, but a man shall dance for a woman."

He begins spinning in an elaborate dance, orbiting Loreia - the audience clapping in rhythm and laughing like they were at a festival dance.
Suddenly, the dance explodes into a sharp attack, but Loreia's strong mind prevented her from being distracted by the dance and she readily deflects the swing, Raho's blade deflecting off her armored torso.

"
Good, good, a woman of weak mind is not a woman worth dancing with."

[url=Intiative][/url]: 4d6-3 8 (Loreia, Raho)
CD: 12 [12 +3(LH Dagger, BF1) -3(AP)]
AR 7
Health: 9/9
F/I/W: 0/0/0

Lesser action: [url=Distract (cunning test)][/url]: 4d6 13
Lesser action: [url=R2 Standard Attack][/url]: 4d6 12
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:23 am

Between her parries, Loreia seizes a blow, lashing her blade like a whip at Raho, returning the initial transgression in equal measure.

"
What do you gain from killin' bannermen? of House Blackwood? Who's payin' you? The Brackens?"
The man seems reasonable, but not without a doubt.

[url=R3 vs Raho, aim+attack][/url]: 7d6k4 19
10 - 7AR = 3dmg

CD 11
AR 7
Health 12
F/I/W 1/0/0
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:00 pm

Raho manages to catch Loreia's blade again, but the force of the blow is too much for him to completely push it out of the line of attack, and it bites into the side of his leg, a couple inches above the knee.

Round 3

Raho shrugs. "
A man kills who he is paid to kill. Is that not what a woman does as well? A man does not take only one man's coin, that is all."

He steps to the side, again kicking Loreia's feet out from under her, but this time striking with both his sword and his dagger forsaking defense for offense - a bold move of confidence, or a desperate tactic?
The crowd, at least, believes the former. This is clearly a favorite move of the Demon's, as the audience cheers and starts chanting his name, fists pumping into the air with each syllable:
"
De - mon - Ra - ho - De - mon - Ra - ho..."

Raho smiles, revealing no less than three gold teeth. "
A man, you can see, is loved of the people."

CD: 10 [12 +1(LH Dagger, BF1) -3(AP)]
AR 7
Health: 6/9

Lesser action: [url=R3 Knockdown][/url]: 4d6 13 vs 12 Passive agility, success
Free action: fatigue for extra lesser action.
Greater action: [url=R3 Two-Weapon Attack w/ KD][/url]: 5d6-1 20 vs 12 CD, 2 DoS, 6 [5 +1 off hand] per DoS, 12 - 7AR = 5 Damage

Note: Modification of scripted actions approved by Reader
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Loreia bears the attack, taking some stray cuts from the man's weapons. She knocks him aside and leaps to her feet. She swings her weapon three times to project a sense of risk as she draws near and attempts to bash Raho's grip on the knife.

[url=R4 vs Raho, Stand(4 Free?)][/url]: 3d6 15
And yea do the dice decree

Greater: [url=R4 vs Raho, Disarm][/url]: 6d6k4 16
Mechanical discussion thread.

CD 11
AR 7
Health 7
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:55 pm

[I believe AP applies to the stand up roll (but doesn't matter here), also free action only if you get +2 AR through benefits, since armor with AR6+ before qualities makes this a lesser action.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:12 pm

OOC: Ah, you are correct about the penalty, thank you. I will remember that. I do get +2 AR from benefits, though.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:07 pm

[OOC: Yep, I remember that from a previous fight. Forgot about the AP penalty though (even though it's been kicking my butt in my own personal combat), so thanks for the reminder Theo.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:29 am

[OOC: I was waiting to see if anything came of the mechanical discussion, but to keep things rolling I'm going to move on. We can always retcon if it becomes appropriate.
Also, it looks like your health is off? Should be 12 -3 (round 1) - 5 (round 3) = 4]

Round 4

"
Oh no, no, a man lets go of women, even wives, but never a man's blade."

He spins to the side once more, but this time varies his tactic. His foot hooks Loreia's from the front and a simultaneous backhand strike to her shoulder sends her tumbling to the ground again. However, his aggressive tactics are clearly starting to wear him down, and Loreia is easily able to parry both blades before they connect.

A look of frustration flashes across the Raho's face, and the chanting falters and stops.

AR 7
Health: 6/9

Lesser Action: [url=R4 Knockdown][/url]: 4d6-1 15
Free Action: take fatigue for Lesser Action
Greater Action: [url=R4 TWA w/KD][/url]: 5d6-2 14 1 DoS by dint of fatigue - 6 - 7AR = 0 damage
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:16 am

OOC: My health started at 15.

Round 5

"
And how many wives lost did it take to break your spirit?"
Loreia lets go of her shield as she stands, and retaliates.

And retaliate she does, distancing the Braavosi sellsword with her formidable stance and slashing at him beneath his reach almost by chance, cutting his bicep and chest past the neutered defense of his dagger. Her follow-up is just as fortuitous, delivering a shallow slice from the right shoulder to his center. The silence of the spectators continues to resound.

As frustrating as he's been to listen to, Loreia would rather not kill him, as his mannerisms are amusing, and possess a degree of disarming charm. "
Retreat's more profitable now than your current job. Quit makin' trouble for us, take your men an' leave."

Free: Drop shield - bastard sword gains qualities Adaptable and Powerful
Lesser: Stand - free failed
Free: Fatigue for Aim
2 Lesser: [url=R5 vs Raho - Aim+attack, 2-hand][/url]: 7d6k4 24 -2 = 22
3 DoS -AR = 14 dmg

CD 9
AR 7
Health 7
F/I/W 2/0/0
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:58 am

[OOC: Ah, so it did. Impressive.
Raho takes 3 injuries to reduce the damage to 5.]

Round 5

Loreia's blow hits hard - very hard. Slicing vertically, the blade finds a gap between the splints and is guided downward between them, slicing open leather and flesh alike.
Blood pours out, bright red. Gasps and murmurs come form the crowd, which seems to be rapidly thinning. Everyone wanted to see the Demon fight, few want to watch him die.

"
A man's spirit..."
he coughs, blood and spittle flying. "
A man's spirit has never been broken. A man will die with honor."

Despite what must be terrible pain, Raho launches another attack on the northern woman, but it is much clumsier than his earlier strikes, and do not find targets.

Lesser Action: Take fatigue to ignore wounds.
[url=TWA, injuries ignored][/url]: 4d6-3 13 1 shy of 2 DoS... but 1 shy is enough. 1 DoS, 6 -7AR = 0 damage.

Intiative: 4d6-3 8 (Loreia, Raho)
AR 7
Health: 1/9
F/I: 3/3
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:29 pm

Loreia reviews for a moment what she hoped to do, and decides on a better course.

"
Not today."
She winds up and whacks him full-on upside the head.

[url=R6 aim+attack][/url]: 7d6k4-1 16

Consequence: unconscious. Loreia doesn't want to kill him, but assuming he'd only go the way of Sandor Clegane, I will change consequence to death. And stab him instead. Very Happy
Edit: Unconscious and captured.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down