Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A death at the Iron Mines - a note on IC/OOC reactions

+8
Ser Raynald Dulver
Yoren longshore
Gwyneth Drakeson
Theomore Tullison
Samurel Manderly
Lady Corrine Marsten
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A death at the Iron Mines - a note on IC/OOC reactions - Page 2 Empty Re: A death at the Iron Mines - a note on IC/OOC reactions

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:47 pm

Athelstan wrote:For the record,

I never agreed to Corrine shooting Athelstan regardless of her desire OOC, for IC reasons. It was a last second change by reader I assume and I agreed to other changes for the sake of moving this story.

Oh. Ok. I thought you and Reader had agreed to that. I wasn't eager to do it or anything. I was just trying to move things on. If I'd known you didn't want it, I'd have withdrawn the offer.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

A death at the Iron Mines - a note on IC/OOC reactions - Page 2 Empty Re: A death at the Iron Mines - a note on IC/OOC reactions

Post by Athelstan Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:52 pm

It was an IC reason, OOC sure.

Athelstan would have never let her be a 'Murderer"
he always had something for her, his first love Smile

The idea was to deny Baelon any information and reveal to her were it was

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:00 pm

Athelstan wrote:For the record,

I never agreed to Corrine shooting Athelstan regardless of her desire OOC, for IC reasons. It was a last second change by reader I assume and I agreed to other changes for the sake of moving this story.

This is a break down of communications rather than anything sinister. There was (what looked like) assent in your pms and you did not object to the public summary of what was about to happen, even though you posted in the same thread before the IC summary. This was not a last second change.

If people feel very strongly we can have Athelstan dodge and in doing so hurl himself down the mineshaft, deliberately.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:50 am

Since Baelon brought it up in the thread, I'll comment on this snippet:

- House Drakeson/Coldbrook has good evidence that they may choose to present, some other houses have this evidence too I think.

Maybe they do. Unless they show it to others, it will never be more than Drakeson/Coldbrook levied accusations against Athelstan. However, I disagree with the notion that this line alone is sufficient to justify that our PC's will accept the evidence as justification of Baelon's actions. Theomore, for example, considers Baelon's actions to be foolish, reckless and way out of line, no matter the evidence. Though the only reason he would go after Baelon over this would be if he can gain something on it (not unlikely to happen), or if he concludes that Baelon is a mad dog that ought to be put down (much more unlikely to happen).

To summarize Theo's IC interpretation of the events and what he thinks needs to follow: (and he's honest in that post, not so much in the next): viewtopic.php?f=193&
t=2025&
start=10#p55699
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:30 am

Seeing you brought it up, sharing that evidence is currently part of a yield negotiation between Septon Arlyn and Daveth... so it is not inconceivable that it will be shared long before Theo ever finds out about the situation. For that matter, depending on the outcome of my intrigue with the septon, Theo might hear about it as Baelon demonstrating being a true knight acting righteously. Not really something to be investigated for....
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:55 am

It's based on Corrine's recounting of the event, whatever Arlyn tells Theo doesn't really factor into it. And even if your evidence might justify rash action, it was a monumentally stupid action from his point of view.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:26 am

Too bad his body got destroyed, the drowned god needed a new oarsman Neutral

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:28 am

You can organize a funeral, burn something of his. I think that would be a nice scene.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:32 am

I think that that can happen, a chance to gather many PCs, but first I'll need to get the body, so I'm thinking late evening or early night, although if the mines takes time to resolve it might be too short time, and then it may just be delayed to day 4...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:33 am

Yoren longshore wrote:Too bad his body got destroyed, the drowned god needed a new oarsman Neutral

Spoilers for Antigonie.

As noted in the mine thread, Baelon's men recover the body.

Now for some Antigonie style shenanigans about appropriate mourning. He was a lord's bastard and defeated Lord Mallister, but also a kinslayer who interfered with the investigation. Not quite up there with Antigonie (so I don't need Yoren to defy his father and then did :;
): ), but still throws up some issues. Also - will Yoren burn it or drowned god it?
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:36 am

He can drown it in wildfire and than light it to accommodate both gods.. I have plenty of it if you want to borrow some!

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:46 am

Dunstan Tullison wrote:He can drown it in wildfire and than light it to accommodate both gods.. I have plenty of it if you want to borrow some!

So I've heard. Smile

Will be hilarious when this is a double bluff and you blow up one of the major castles.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:34 pm

Is that a triple bluff to cower us into inaction? Razz

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Mmmm, wildfire?

Raff wants Twisted Evil
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:43 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Mmmm, wildfire?

Raff wants Twisted Evil

Nice bluff, pretty sure you're high up the suspects list. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2