Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparks fly cavern 1/3 tactics thread

+3
Luecian LongBow
Kevan Lyras
Septon Arlyn
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sparks fly cavern 1/3 tactics thread Empty Sparks fly cavern 1/3 tactics thread

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 pm

viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=2175&
p=61241#p61045

Septon Arlyn wrote:[Luecian, I would suggest targeting the man at arms as you would get to act before him, possibly killing him, if he does not go down then I think Kevin should follow up and take him out of the fight. Ben if you pass your turn to me I can distract the men at arms and reduce his CD by 3 if successful, this would allow you to charge and ensure 4 DOS and you will do your damage + 2, most likely knocking him out in the process. From then it will be a process of targeting]

So I started typing this before reader had a successful knockdown of Ser kevan.

Luecian goes after man at arms with aim+attack, dealing a ton of damage per dos and piercing 2 armor, most likely causing him to die, if not he will be almost dead and maxed on injuries, making him much less of a threat.

Assuming that the woodmen who is knocking down Ser kevan and attempting vs Lord Marsten is standing next to Ser kevan is still I suggest that he aims+ attacks, hopefully killing him and freeing up ben.

Next woodmen goes.

Then ben passes the turn to the Septon and the Septon provides an assist to kevan to help him get up with agility next turn then he distracts the men at arms, hopefully lowering CD by 3 (I've got to hit a 12 on 3d6, not great odds, but doable.)

Then Lord Ben goes for the last man at arms with a charge to knock him out of the combat.

Next round we will see how things are
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Sparks fly cavern 1/3 tactics thread Empty Re: Sparks fly cavern 1/3 tactics thread

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Ideal would be if Luecian ca kill the man at arms acting just before me, otherwise I will take two attacks while prone before I even take my turn

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Sparks fly cavern 1/3 tactics thread Empty Re: Sparks fly cavern 1/3 tactics thread

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:26 pm

That was the man at arms I was referring to. Sorry if it was unclear Embarassed
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:30 pm

Sorry guys I shot the woodsman who would have knocked Ser Kevan down instead. Thus he is dead and Ser Kevan is still on his feet for the moment. He and the man at arms will be fighting next, with the man at arms going first....It might end up being the wrong call but concern for the knight overtook any other more tactical thinking...
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:33 pm

All good, one dead is a good thing. Does not matter which one Very Happy

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Septon just tossing it out but if you distract a woodsman a may have a shot at killing two in one round. Not sure if that is worth 1 dead man at arms?
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Using a divided attack? Plus that would give me a better chance to succeed as well (TN 8 vs TN 12) I could do 2 distracts a turn as well, distracting 2 woodsmen do it is easier to get those dos. What do you think?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:16 pm

What would it make their final CD?
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:What would it make their final CD?

It would reduce it by 2 (no awareness bonus), CD goes from from 7 to 5.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Then let's put it into Orokos/the Seven/the old gods hands and go for it!
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:22 pm

how much damage do you do per DOS?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:25 pm

6, the just right amount. :;
):
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:31 pm

posted the next round, up the kevan now
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:41 pm

I agree with the cautious attack for men at arms. There goal is to keep us busy and to do that they need to be alive. Smile
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:6, the just right amount. :;
):

This is one of those scenes where 1 extra damage can make a big difference. Smile

Long Blade Fighter 1's bonus will kick in here too against unshielded foes.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Oh yeah! Almost forgot that tidbit. Thanks. Not living up to your evil narrator demeanor with advice like that. Laughing
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:54 pm

Tactical advice for men-at-arms (both threads):

standard attacks - they'd prefer to make themselves targets to encourage you to attack them, rather than their poorly armoured brethren. No need to retcon previous attack. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:11 pm

I was thinking that the runners would be trying to get themselves killed / blown up. Meanwhile the men at arms would step up and be threatening passive attacks against PC tried to run past?

Edit for holy run on sentence batman!
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:20 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:I was thinking that the runners would be trying to get themselves killed while the men at arms would step up and be threatening passive attacks if people tried to run past?

Indeed, but they can do this without needing to resort to making cautious attack. Smile

A sound strategy.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Hm after that roll Kevan will have to think about switching weapons in the offseason, 3B in spears vs only 1B in longblades. Maybe if I can acquire an extraordinary spear that would almost be worth it despite the lower damage per DoS...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Hm after that roll Kevan will have to think about switching weapons in the offseason, 3B in spears vs only 1B in longblades. Maybe if I can acquire an extraordinary spear that would almost be worth it despite the lower damage per DoS...

Spend your offseason working on your swordsmanship!
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:36 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Hm after that roll Kevan will have to think about switching weapons in the offseason, 3B in spears vs only 1B in longblades. Maybe if I can acquire an extraordinary spear that would almost be worth it despite the lower damage per DoS...
If your agility is the same as your athletics, switching to a frog spear would be the same damage at the cost of -1B training - a net gain of +1B.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:45 pm

A frogspear is for crazy crannogmen not for proper knights! Razz
(Plus my agility is worse..)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:21 am

Kevan Lyras wrote:
[url=Taunt attackers to come at me][/url]: 4d6 17 (goal is that they focus on me rather than the septon or Luecian)
(can I do this as a free action? Otherwise I spend a fatigue point for it)

So this is the way I would rule it, given the circumstances. It is a free action with a TN of 12, as it is in combat and things are pretty noisy. Each DOS = the next initiative order enemy attacks you. That means with a roll of 17 you get 2 DOS, The next two enemies attack you in initative order, that means that you will have a fanatic move and attempt to knock you down with a fatigue use to attack if successful, then the knight will move in to tie you up.

Reader can clarify if you needed a lesser action or free action, as well as the TN.

Anyways I will make the next moves based on those assumptions, reader can change it if he feels that is necessary or has something that flows better.

Gods speed
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marq Mooton Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:01 am

That's intrigue, and they've already taken the switch to combat option if you tried to start one. Might be they see Kevan as the threat, or maybe they figure the septon is easier to kill?

Marq Mooton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next