Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon's Dance, Story Summaries

5 posters

Go down

Dragon's Dance, Story Summaries Empty Dragon's Dance, Story Summaries

Post by Loreia Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:18 am

I've made a new "
previously"
summary. Since there are now two, I'll be putting them in this thread so that they don't get lost in the Game Discussion thread. Still tentative on whether I'll continue this.

First one, for Day 1. Was listening to "
next time/previously"
music from Telltale's Game of Thrones game. Tone not yet dire...
King's Justice, Day 1

Dunstan
at House Blackwood's bread and salt
"
It is my honor to be here, not only because I am serving our King, but because our two Houses are bound by blood."

Garred (had to try and paraphrase)
Meeting with Nathan and Yoren under the royal banner
"
I know what is duty and loyalty, which our good king demanded... as you depart, check the banner under which stands that of House Dulver."

Ben
Meeting the early bird Ser Theomore in Pennytree
"
Whoever struck down Lord Blackwood has already covered the tracks and will have little chance to do further covering."

Baelon
at the stables of Raventree Hall
"
Favor House Blackwood and there will be cries of favoritism and that House Marsten cares not for justice."

Below ground among the cold cobblestones of Raventree Hall
"
Oh yes, the quiet, demure, dutiful wife. A perfect description of you."
Baelon says with a playful smirk.
Gwyn's reply: "
Hush. I'm the very picture of demurity.[...] in a world awash in wild warrior women who seek to usurp the rightful place of men..."

Loreia
in the godswood with Dunstan
"
Bein' recognized for my skill is long overdue."
The swell in her voice trails off. "
That grand melee had downs to rival the ups."

Nathan
in the guest wing of Raventree Hall, late in the evening
"
A Regent will have to be chosen, and the sooner the better.[...] I suggest you pick someone ruthless since his enemies most certainly are."

Gwyn
On the septry steps
"
That is way of feuds perhaps. One thing sparks the hate anew, inviting reprisal, which invites reprisal..."

Athelstan
In a private meeting with Yoren at the inn
"
Friends are a commodity, allies a necessity, and enemies are free and come faster than the last two."

Daveth
With Yoren at the Green Door Inn
I cannot control your actions, but I urge you to find another way, even if it is harder and more prone to failure."

Yoren
"
I've given people the final solution, my hands are bloody, but it's something I repent for everyday."

Athelstan
In the courtyard of the fortress, entreating Lady Marsten with his brother Yoren
"
This is a beautiful sight after all, worth taking."
He takes Corrine's hand and gives it a light kiss.
Ben
whose ire turns on an indignant Corrine in a private room at the Green Door Inn
"
You were not going to tell me were you?"

Corrine: "
If you're going to get all puffed up about a man flirting with me or looking at me, you'll have to fight a bloody long line of them!"

Theomore
with Corrine in the lawless wilderness between Blackwood and Bracken lands
"
There is a saying in King's Landing, my lady."
Theomore doesn't show any visible reaction to her words. "
There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man."

Arlyn
"
Warrior protect me!"
bellows Septon Arlyn as he lunges forward at the bandit that did not go down, Using his momentum to help bring the ball and chain crashing down onto the last visible bandits chest.
Earlier at the despoiled septry
"
Yes the gods have certainly put is on the same path. I just wish they could have done so in less dire circumstances."
He replies bitterly.
Luecian
Under the royal banner, proffering to the handy Ser Theomore,
"
Reckon I need to make sure these cuts heal up right and quick. The morrow could be another interesting day."

Second. Now appropriately dire. No music for this one, I think.
Day 4, and part of Day 3 and 5

King's Justice - Civil Unrest

Open with the sight of death and decay at Blackbuckle, closing in on a murder of crows, pecking away at the corpses while flies buzz about. Close in on one pecking out the eye of a young boy, holding a dog with maggots crawling on it.

Fade to the funeral pyre. [Baelon Start]"
I would like to remind you all that there is still a cache of wildfire out there that could be used at any time. We have serious and important business to attend to here, but no time to be wasting on spurious accusations."

Yoren's grip tightens around a pinch of a substance, which he then throws onto the pyre to set it roaring alight.

Flash to Athelstan's suicide: the front line Bloodriders aim and shoot at the horse, Corrine's arrow pierces him, and Athelstan jumps down the mine shaft. [Baelon End]

Fade back to assembly, Corrine speaks of the new rules. [Corrine Start]"
from today onwards, every investigator House must compile a report on their day's findings... I am the chief arbiter of this investigation, appointed specifically by the Crown."

Fade to the arrest of Maester Arran. Fade to Steffon Vance's murder, Samurel just around the corner. Fade to Nathaniel, Lord Marsten and Jon Roxton entering at either side to arrest a downcast Olyver. [Corrine End]

Fade to everyone gathered at Corrine's assembly. "
The incident at the Battle Valley mines yesterday is still a contentious issue, which may or may not have constituted a wrongful death."

Baelon turns toward Corrine. "
We are here to investigate, and to deliver justice. That is what I have been doing."
As he speaks, fade to Loreia and Gwyn searching in the mine tunnels, then to wine cellar at the Warrior's Seat(?) with a Coldbrook party(couldn't find the thread).

And finally at the Green Door Inn, closing in on the inkeeper's insufferable smug grin.

Flash to Sparks Fly. The faint cry of "
no lords, no masters"
can be heard just before the cart hits the inn and blows it up. [Aemond Start]As the Green Door Inn fire rages and the people scream and horses stampede, Aemond can be heard speaking:

"
Vhaghar is wroth - these peasants have struck at the very order that supports the Kingdom, and my steed knows it. Once my injuries are healed and Vhaghar is fit to bear me, I have a mind to burn this valley's corruption from it."

Flash to Loreia and Jorah cutting through fanatics, ending with Loreia, in a spur of cruelty, twisting her blade inside the chest of the last man.

Fade to Septon Arlyn and Nathan eyeing each other with the arrested men in the back, and Brother Turpin at Nathan's side.[Aemond End]

Flash to Lord Marsten's party, blood on their blades and dead fanatics around them, offering the surviving guilty warriors chance to surrender: "
Stand down now and the mother may have mercy on your soul and the lives of your family."

[Baelon Start]Flash to Baelon's defeat of Ser Hugh Rivers in a brawl. Fade to Ser Hugh(now cloaked) and Baelon standing over a chest. "
Until further notice you are... Ser Willain Marks, a knight in service to House Drakeson."
[Baelon End]

Fade to Nathaniel and Jon in a barn, with a view of the smoking inn from the loft. "
Some day you may not return from battle. Some day I may take one risk too many. All the more reason to enjoy every moment we have together now."

Return to Blackbuckles crows and maggots. Timeskip. A few crows lie scattered and motionless, most of them gone. The maggots are now motionless and dead. All are illuminated by a great flickering light. Off-screen, the crackling of a large fire is heard fading in.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Dragon's Dance, Story Summaries Empty Re: Dragon's Dance, Story Summaries

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:23 am

Love this!
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:39 am

Very cinematic!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:53 am

I will say, I envisioned it exactly like a tell-tales sequences, very dramatic. I like the way you've put this together.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:37 am

From Days 6 thru 8. Drama involving the Black supporters steals the spotlight in this summary, but there is more Theo.

King's Justice -A Piece of Paper

Daveth: "
Such as Nathaniel... How *did* you meet him? He portrays himself as...not the kind of person who'd typically be given a lord's audience..."

Loreia: "
I understand that you want justice. I know what he meant to you. I wish more of us did."

[Baelon+Ironrod Start] Fade in to pavilion where Baelon and Yoren take to their pedestals to argue back and forth.
Baelon: "
I truly apologize for wasting your time like this. Regardless of his intent, Master Yoren's actions could not be simply ignored."

Ironrod: (Sterm-faced) "
I will not have the law that was upheld here by your[Yoren's] actions mocked and undermined by petty squabbles and politicking."
[Baelon+Ironrod End]

[Theomore+Ben Start] Flashback of Corrine's firm, iron composure at the assembly she called, and switch to Ironrod's stern gaze at the meeting at the Green Door Inn.
Theomore: "
Yoren brought the matter to Ironrod, and the Master of Laws decreed that... these cases shall be presented to Lord Gormon at Riverrun."

Ben: "
Riverrun may be best for you and worst for Baelon. Greatest for Yoren."
[Theomore+Ben End]

Kevan: Smash cut to the Penny Pitcher, where Kevan introduces Jorah to his wife. "
This is my wife, Lady Sofia. Sofia, this is Ser Jorah Holt, rumoured to be the next knight of the kingsguard."

Daveth: Fade to shattered septry, Jorah takes a brief respite in Daveth's company."
I'd like you to explain that. Start from the beginning, leave nothing out."

Gwyneth: Fade to the library at the great hall, Gwyneth catches Daveth up on spurious rumors involving Theo. "
He's been collecting people suspected of sympathizing with Ser Hugh Rivers and...delivering them. To Prince Aemond."

[Theomore Start] Smash cut to Vhagar breathing inferno upon his first victim, swallowing the man as he screams.
Theo: "
I do not believe myself to be in physical harm, what I fear the most is that I have enemies that will feed the tribunal falsehood."
[Theomore End]

[Daveth Start] Flashback to the meeting on the matter of succession, focusing in on the salute shared between Daveth and the warriors present, including Tomas Coldbrook;
to the affirmation of brotherly love between Daveth and Garrett at the tourney, when Daveth is cleaning up after Garrett's faux pas;
to the intimate moment between Daveth and Loreia after declaring each other siblings in front of a weirwood;
the way Jorah regards Daveth distantly, with worry as they await rendezvous with Lord and Lady Drakeson.
Daveth: "
We are tightly bound to each other. We have our problems, to be sure, but the fact that I can turn to any member of either house, and confidently place my trust in them means a lot to me."
[Daveth End]

Loreia: Smash cut to Loreia just as she begins speaking in the wilderness, debating with Yoren. "
I've known Ser Jorah for nearly ten years now. I've never seen or heard anything that was cause for doubt in his ability to serve justice without compromise."

[Baelon Start] Fade to angle downward at the contents of the chest in the caves: paraphernalie with the Dornish seal, Baelon's hand reaching into a bag to pull out a coin of foreign mint.
Baelon: "
It is not all of Dorne, nor is there any evidence that House Martell was involved. Just one Dornish house - House Wyl."
[Baelon End]

[Theomore Start] Fade to overhead shot of the gathered minds to debate the points of the treaty.
Our duty is to our King, not Dorne. We should not risk accusations of a cover-up by hiding the truth."
[Theo End]

[Davain+Theo Start] Cut to Baelon's melee and surrender of Tyron in his trial. And subsequently, Loreia's joust, after Davain and Theo's speak in the background.
Davain: "
Ser Frank Mooton's punishment shall mirror that of Ser Tyron, 15 years of exile to Essos. Is House Blackwood not at fault too for destruction of House Darry lands?"

Without the sanction of Lord Bryan or Ser Myles, it would not be prudent to punish his house for his action, a precedent we have followed."
[Davain+Theo End]

[Eoric Tully Start] Loreia's joust vs Frank Mooton.
Eoric: "
I would see that she wears the title her conduct deserves, even if others are too blind to see her qualities."
[Eoric End]

[Ben Start] Fade to Corrine's defensive glare after the hunt during discussion over Benjicot's age and possibly making him a ward. Subsequently, fade to Benjicot's nervous, grief-stricken, yet brave composure maintaining a presence at bread and salt.
Ben: "
The Blackwoods saw fit to allow us to care for Benjicott before his new title. Nothing has changed. That being said, I wish for him to remain with his closer kin."
[Ben End]

Fade out

Nathan: A treaty no-one will like, but nearly everyone can live with...the hallmark of true diplomacy."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:02 pm

These are great. Smile
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:59 pm

Very nice Loreina
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:21 pm

To be fair, the rumors weren't spurious. They were quite true. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:31 pm

I know. Baelon's quote about "
spurious rumors"
came through in my mind and carried over.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down