Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishment.

+15
Terren Dulver
Nathaniel Mason
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Ereth Redwain
Luecian LongBow
Benedict Marsten
Reader
Loreia
Septon Arlyn
Kevan Lyras
Gwyneth Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
Ser Jorah Holt
Yoren longshore
19 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishment. - Page 22 Empty Re: Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishm

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:06 pm

I thought he did order the attack on the sept.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishment. - Page 22 Empty Re: Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishm

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:02 pm

I'm on board with him rebuilding the sept than serving as its warden for a certain amount of time.(Either three or seven. Three is more reasonable but seven hold religious significance)
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:43 pm

Ereth Redwain wrote:I thought he did order the attack on the sept.

[url=Olyvar's confession][/url] states he did not.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Baelon wrote:
Ereth Redwain wrote:I thought he did order the attack on the sept.

[url=Olyvar's confession][/url] states he did not.

That he did, well done finding the link.

Corrine and Nathaniel felt a degree of public censure appropriate when we did the initial arrest negotiations via PM, including inflicting various drawbacks on Ser Olyvar Lucas.

My suggestions were some/all of:
- Ignoble
- Flaw (Status - Wretched)
- Reviled

Very open to these mechanical drawbacks being inflicted as part of the treaty at Corrine/Nathaniel's pleasure, unless anyone else is going to kick off a challenge over it.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:54 am

I like that idea, though some may be hard for us to enforce. Many of the social flaws comes from all nobles reviling him, not just us.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:27 am

That sounds reasonable. Someone should give a speech and roll Status, Persuasion(specialty), and Cunning/Language.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:07 pm

So lets get to work on figuring out what we are doing with Lucas. It seems this is our last topic of discussion

I vote for forcing him to rebuild the sept and serve as warden for a period of three year under the pain of death. All in favor say aye. All against say nay and how he should be punished instead.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:13 pm

Aye, along with the reviled status
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:17 pm

He's a thief and a leader of bandits. I'd suggest that we should at least take a hand

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:He's a thief and a leader of bandits. I'd suggest that we should at least take a hand

We could always ransom his hand. How much do you think is hand is worth to him? At least as much as a warfare ransom? :-)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:22 pm

You're starting to sound like Tully. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:25 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:You're starting to sound like Tully. Smile
Or like a Dulver. Laughing
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Hey I'm just looking out for my brothers in the set, centuries don't rebuild themselves :-) they need money and this is just one more way to get it
:;
):

Besides he would be more useful to rebuilding with two hands
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Alright lets gets this vote on the matter of Ser Lucas handled so we can be down on the treaty. We have two vote aye and one vote nay. The matter of punishment is should he be forced to serve as warden of the sept for a period of three years.

Left to vote:
Corrine
Daveth
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Yeah fine, though if he steps out of line again, we will not be so lenient.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:40 pm

Then it has been decided in favor. What is our next topic?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:21 pm

You're forgetting Dunstan and Jamys Kytley.

The former is favoring something harsher given the signals from reader, which means that Theo will suggest that it might be prudent to apply more severe punishment similar to what we gave Ser Humphrey, in the interests of showing the Brackens and their smallfolk that we take the matter that perhaps hold the strongest symbolic weight to them seriously. It's not something he'd be debating.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:54 pm

Eh, we already sent that with Ser Humphrey.
Humphrey didn't order the attack, but he implicitly condoned it when he participated.

Olyvar didn't order or condone the attack on the sept, or take part. We don't even have any evidence that he profited from it, do we?
The two cases are not comparable.

Here's how I see the votes so far:

Forcing Olyvar to rebuild the sept and serve as warden for a period of three year under the pain of death. (presumably with some sort of appropriate social drawback, such as Reviled)
Aye: 3 (Davain, Septon Arlyn, Corrine)
Nay: 2 (Yoren, Dunstan/Theo)

Daveth and Jamys have yet to vote.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Theomore is right, we nee atleast one more vote in favor for this to pass. We are just waiting on Daveth and Reader to make there votes. If the rest of the votes are nay then its backs to the discussion board.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:37 am

Obviously if any of us decided to plan an attack on the church and were found guilty of it later, we would most certainly receive an appropriate drawback. At the very least, Olyvar's relations with the honorable sort, the faith, and the realm at large will never be the same. Olyvar Lucas is a second son. Therefore, a lengthy and arduous labor and duty sentence would seem fair, as a step down from execution.

And censure. Giving him a drawback like Reviled is basically that in a roleplay/RL term.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:52 pm

Sorry, I can't keep everything straight in my head, had too much else going on:
1) As far as we know, Olyvar Lucas set up that group of bandits as a deniable force, but did not order, participate in, nor have foreknowledge of the attack on the Septry. Is that correct?
2) What purpose *did* he set them up for? Meaning, who were they *supposed* to be attacking, instead of the Septry?
3) How much direct control did he have? Did he give them targets to hit, or was it 'here you go, Blackwood shields, go wild!'?
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:37 pm

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:Sorry, I can't keep everything straight in my head, had too much else going on:
1) As far as we know, Olyvar Lucas set up that group of bandits as a deniable force, but did not order, participate in, nor have foreknowledge of the attack on the Septry. Is that correct?
2) What purpose *did* he set them up for? Meaning, who were they *supposed* to be attacking, instead of the Septry?
3) How much direct control did he have? Did he give them targets to hit, or was it 'here you go, Blackwood shields, go wild!'?

I think he just set them up for profit for himself. I don't think he had any knowledge of what they did, other than simply that they gave him a profit from it.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:02 pm

Ah, thanks.

Okay, then, I vote 'Aye'. While I feel a bit guilty over forcing those long-suffering priests to suffer him for three years, it serves them right for their ancestors using my gods as kindling they'd no doubt appreciate the protection, given recent events, and it's a nicely poetic punishment.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:18 pm

And thats a wrap!
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:42 pm

I don't know if we want to handle some of the non-punishment peace treaty stuff in here too?
Myles and Kerry marrying, etc.?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishment. - Page 22 Empty Re: Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishment.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next