Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishment.

+15
Terren Dulver
Nathaniel Mason
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Ereth Redwain
Luecian LongBow
Benedict Marsten
Reader
Loreia
Septon Arlyn
Kevan Lyras
Gwyneth Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
Ser Jorah Holt
Yoren longshore
19 posters

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Go down

Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishment. - Page 23 Empty Re: Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishm

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Well we cannot force the two to marry. Even if we punish them for not marrying, at the end of the day its there discision. I am sure if parties wish to see the two wed they can try and intrigue it to be so, but we can't do it through the treaty.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishment. - Page 23 Empty Re: Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishm

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:09 pm

I think we actually can stipulate a marriage as part of the treaty. Their families could then reject the treaty on the basis of that inclusion...or lobby for it's removal...but if it's in the treaty, and they agree to the treaty, then the wedding would have to happen (short of the bride and/or groom rabbiting).

Whether or not we want to is another issue entirely, but we definitely could do it.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:00 am

I think we should leave it out of the treaty. If we can get them to accept the treaty we will have temporary peace and hopefully tensons will die down, from there someone can try and broker the marriage to create a more lasting peace. I am just against the idea of the marriage because it could undo the peace we worked hard to create.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:37 am

My instinct is to leave it out of the treaty, but to separately encourage it.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm

As noted in the IC thread, a request for help. Smile

[OOC: final treaty with any tweaks as a result of this thread as son as you lot are ready please.

I'll:

- update it for the trial by combat results and note what choice was made by each house (plus mechanical impacts suffered by Olyver Lucas), where they are given a choice of punishment/who to send
- preserve it as the official IC document for reference
- post it to various forums as an example of what the game throws up
- use it to draw-up long-term impacts]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:32 pm

Reader wrote:As noted in the IC thread, a request for help. Smile

[OOC: final treaty with any tweaks as a result of this thread as son as you lot are ready please.

I'll:

- update it for the trial by combat results and note what choice was made by each house (plus mechanical impacts suffered by Olyver Lucas), where they are given a choice of punishment/who to send

I'm on it. It shouldn't require too many tweaks from the last version I posted.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:47 pm

Thank you, Baelon. I'm sorry I was not as active a participant as I should have been.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:49 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Thank you, Baelon. I'm sorry I was not as active a participant as I should have been.

In just thankful people have hung on through these slow times. I know RL can get busy but I think by and large that we are a good group of folks, doing our best to make things work.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:54 pm

Baelon wrote:
Reader wrote:As noted in the IC thread, a request for help. Smile

I'll:

I'm on it. It shouldn't require too many tweaks from the last version I posted.

Hero. Seconding Corrine's thanks. Completed, it will be a wonderful IC documentation of the story (and looks good when posted on various forums).

Crazy to think we did all this in-game. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:27 am

I think I got everything that's been decided so far. Let me know if I missed anything. Note it does not include anything presently under discussion in the IC thread.
Also, for the purposes of reposting and such I removed the mechanics comments - this version should be pure IC.

We the undersigned, acting upon the authority granted unto our represented houses by His Grace, King Viserys Targaryen, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Protector of the Realm, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Defender of the Realm, do hereby declare that the following is a true and accurate accounting of crimes committed by Houses Bracken and Blackwood, and a fair and just punishment to be meted out for the same.

I. Crimes

Let it be known that these crimes were investigated by representatives of the houses of Marsten, Bartheld, Coldbrook, Dulver, Kytley, Longshore, and Tullison:

Ser Steffon Vance and Ser Rufus Bracken, with the aid of various lesser men, did without the foreknowledge, consent, or authorization of their superiors plot and execute the assassination of Lord Bryan Blackwood and his wife, the Lady Reina.

Maester Arran of House Blackwood, without the foreknowledge, consent, or authorization of his superiors, did poison the well of the village of Blackbuckle, ending countless innocent lives as well as the lives of various Bracken soldiers and torturers, for the purpose of ending the suffering of Blackwood soldiers held captive and tormented there.

Both House Bracken and House Blackwood did fortify their respective iron mines. Upon attack by House Bracken, soldiers of House Blackwood did fire the supports of the Blackwood mines in an attempt to render the Bracken attack profitless. These acts depriving the crown of vital resources for the war in the Stepstones.

House Bracken soldiers, under the command of Ser Humphrey Piper, acting dishonorably without the foreknowledge, consent, or authorization of their superiors, did attack a Dornish merchant caravan for the purpose of personal profit.

Ser Tyron Blackwood, without the foreknowledge, consent, or authorization of his superiors did lead a regiment of Blackwood cavalry in the salting of fields in the vicinity of Warrior’s Seat.

Bandits in the employ of Ser Olyvar Lucas did sack the Septry at Battle Valley, falsely bearing the arms of House Blackwood and thereby did wrong to House Blackwood, House Bracken, and the Faith of the Seven.

Both House Bracken and House Blackwood did violate the borders of their lands with House Darry, with Ser Tyron Blackwood using Darry lands as a point of refuge and staging ground for attacks and Ser Wyll Bracken, pursuing his attackers, did cause damage to Darry lands and holdings.

Lord Benjicot Blackwood, having recently been orphaned, did in his grief and youthful impulsiveness order an attack from under a flag of mourning upon Bracken troops.

II. Punishments

The following have been determined to be appropriate punishments for the aforementioned crimes.

II.A. Punishments levied upon House Bracken and House Blackwood.

For the damage done to the lands and settlements of the region, including but not limited to the attacks at Pennytree and the salting of the fields at Warrior’s Seat, no less than one quarter of each houses’ revenue income shall be spent on reconstruction, repair and maintenance of lands and holdings, for a period of no less than ten years or until the lands and holdings of the house have been restored.

No less that one quarter of each houses’ revenue income, plus any remainder from the previous item after a house’s lands and holdings have been repaired or rebuilt, shall be spent on internal peacekeeping efforts, for a period of no less than ten years.

All revenues from the Bracken iron mine and the adjacent Blackwood iron mine, including the vein of crystal discovered therein during the investigation, shall be granted to the Crown for a period of no less than five years. Ownership of the mines shall continue as determined by previous treaties.

II.B. Punishments levied against individuals

Ser Steffon Vance shall be beheaded.

Maester Arran shall be beheaded. It is the recommendation of the representatives that the Citadel of Oldtown posthumously strip Maester Arran of his chain, and provide a new Maester of good character and peaceful disposition to House Blackwood.

Ser Tyron Blackwood shall be exiled for a period of no less than fifteen years to Essos, to serve the Crown's interests there, and his son, Jojen Blackwood, will be made ward and squire to Lord Haig Bracken. Alternately, if Ser Tyron elects to join the Night's Watch, his son shall remain in the custody of Ser Myles Blackwood.

Ser Olyvar Lucas shall serve as Warden of the Sept at Battle Valley for a period of no less than three years, living among the Brothers and receiving no incomes for his service. Any incomes earned by other means shall be donated to the Sept at Battle Valley to be used as alms for the unfortunate.

Ser Humphrey Piper shall be beheaded.

Lord Benjicot Blackwood, having shown remorse for his crime and on account of his age, shall be forgiven with no further punishments.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:21 pm

Wonderful from to Yoren and Baelon to do much of the OOC work, but also the whole cast for the IC investigations and negotiations that produced the treaty.

Baelon, I edited in a missing "
shall be exiled"
to the section on Ser Tyron, will give it another look during the day.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishment. - Page 23 Empty Re: Crime and punishment (discussing how to mete out punishment.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23