Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum migration coming up soon

+8
Darron Greyjoy
Theomore Tullison
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Baelon Drakeson
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Reader
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Forum migration coming up soon - Page 3 Empty Re: Forum migration coming up soon

Post by Reader Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:09 pm

Excellent. Hope you can see you personal forum too. If not just shout here, screwed up at least one other coldbrook, now hopefully corrected.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Forum migration coming up soon - Page 3 Empty Re: Forum migration coming up soon

Post by Loreia Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:15 pm

Yeah, I can see them and I can only join mine! Forum migration coming up soon - Page 3 0474
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Any reason as to why our signatures aren't showing?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:15 pm

is there any way to see unread posts? I often have only few minutes time, so I check one or two threads at a time, but now after checking 'posts since last visit', when I come to forum later, all other unread posts are gone... Any way to avoid that?

Also, it says I have unread posts in House forums- nothing unread there as far as I can see...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:22 pm

Those unread posts might be from personal forums you can't access.

I know Baelon's personal forum shows up as unread to me, and seeing the House Forum name constantly red is driving me a little batty.

Fortunately, I don't think anyone will be able to tell the difference. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:24 pm

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:is there any way to see unread posts? I often have only few minutes time, so I check one or two threads at a time, but now after checking 'posts since last visit', when I come to forum later, all other unread posts are gone... Any way to avoid that?

Also, it says I have unread posts in House forums- nothing unread there as far as I can see...

I'll see if I can figure anything out, but sadly manually reusing the search terms from the old board doesn't work. Sad

Will update if I figure anything out.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:29 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Those unread posts might be from personal forums you can't access.

I know Baelon's personal forum shows up as unread to me, and seeing the House Forum name constantly red is driving me a little batty.

Fortunately, I don't think anyone will be able to tell the difference. Smile

that's the problem, as none of other players' threads seem to have new posts Neutral
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:34 pm

I just have to hit mark all forums read whenever that happens. Or just ignore that red button when it's my name showing on "most recent post"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:36 pm

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:is there any way to see unread posts? I often have only few minutes time, so I check one or two threads at a time, but now after checking 'posts since last visit', when I come to forum later, all other unread posts are gone... Any way to avoid that?
If you regularly check from one device, you could set yourself to stay logged in and just don't close the window. That seems to keep it from triggering the "end" of your visit, and anything new since you last clicked the link still shows up as new. That's what I do and it seems to work alright. Of course, I have my own computer that I can leave on and unattended for lengthy periods of time if necessary, which won't be the case for everyone.

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:Also, it says I have unread posts in House forums- nothing unread there as far as I can see...
Gwyn has the right of it, I think. On the home page there is a "mark all forums as read" link (EDIT: as Theo mentioned), but of course that will clear out all the other unread indicators, so use with caution... and it will be red again as soon as any other player posts anything in their personal forum, so it's not a lasting solution. I'm mostly finding myself ignoring the home screen. I look to the "new posts" screen to see what's new.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:30 pm

It used to be that I could click on a person's name and see all their posts. Can't seem to do that now. Am I missing something?
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:59 pm

it's on the statistics page of their profile
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:33 pm

Thank you.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:45 pm

You are quite welcome.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:00 am

Does the search function work for you guys? I often find nothing where I would find several results when searching for the same keyword in the old forum..

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:33 pm

New search function is much worse. Worth monkeying around with advanced search to see if it is any better. If not I could see about hosting an archive, or setting up a Google shortcut to search this forum if their spiders have been in to it properly.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:38 pm

The search box in the top right seems to default to topic.

If you click on the search function at the top of the page, you can toggle to 'posts' which will return more results typical of the previous board.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:10 am

On the advanced search page, it will look for "any" or "all" terms you specify, within posts instead of just titles. "Any" is selected by default. If you want to it to display posts instead of threads, you'll have to make sure that's selected every time you do ("topics" is selected by default).

It's a little finnicky, but it's functional. Oddly enough, "all my posts" includes results in posts made by people other than you. I searched "Marei", selected All My Posts, and Posts(instead of Topics).

It gave me results going as far back as May 29th in 2015. It didn't include instances on May 22nd-24th of Marei's name being used in the "What's in the Box" thread (lovely title btw).
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:40 am

Does anyone kniw why Baelon never shows up in the list of users who have logged on in the last 24 hours?
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:11 am

His online status is set to be hidden.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:28 am

I'm a ghooost....
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3