Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting Ser Albin

4 posters

Go down

Meeting Ser Albin Empty Meeting Ser Albin

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:15 am

Things would be going along the traditional lines, as it looked. First they would see if he would be able to take out Ser Albin or whether it would be the other way around. After that, the masses would commit. When he had heard about this arrangement, it had for a moment tempted him to bring his enclosed tourney helmet along, but in the end, he did not. While the great helm did offer a lot more protection, it had its own array of downsides. One was the climate. With the weather being as it was, it would get damned hot under that thing, which also made breathing a bit more difficult. Also, he valued a bigger field of unobstructed vision higher than the attempt to not lose an eye or so at any cost. So the helmet had stayed where it was kept and Ser Alfred rode to meet Ser Albin in his Brigantine, his head protected by a mail coif and his scratched and dented kettle hat, that displayed a similarly battered badger figurine on top. His sword was at his side, as was the morningstar, just in case... His shield in the left and the heavy war lance with the deadly steel tip in his right. If his success in tourneys is any indicator, 126 is not his luckiest year... Which is somewhat discouraging seeing how they won't use tourney lances in this instance.

He shooed those thoughts away, though. The insight of age could be a hindrance at times, but then, a good man knew his limits. Would Ser Albin position himself inside or outside of those boundaries ? There was only one way to find out. He hadn't heard much about Ser Albin Wyl, but he was trying to stay realistic and not underestimate his foe. As he came closer, more details became visible. The yellow shield with the human heel and the black adder of House Wyl as well as the sword that Wyl was carrying. Not just the one at his side, but also the greatsword. Alfred didn't like that, he had a healthy dose of respect for those big blades. Cumbersome, but deadly once they found their mark. He didn't fancy going up against that thing, shield or not. Twenty years ago, perhaps, but not anymore. But then, that only reinforced the importance of taking Ser Albin out with the first attack. All eyes were on him and Ser Albin and the outcome was able to tip the scales in any direction. Yes, there was a lot at stake...

[Waiting for the post getting vetted, will then add roll and further description depending on circumstance. And totally not because I lost the favour of the dice god for today.]
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Meeting Ser Albin Empty Re: Meeting Ser Albin

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Ser Albin rides forth to meet his opponent.
Leveling his lance, he addresses his opponent.

"
Ser Knight, prepare. At your word, we charge."

[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6-4 7
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:16 pm

[url=Initiative][/url]: 4d6-4 11

"
Very well, Ser Knight ! Let us begin !"

Ser Alfred turned his horse around and levelled his lance at his opponent, urging his mount forward to meet him with greatest haste. He aimed the lance squarel at Ser Albin's chest and raised the shield as he braced himself for the impact.

[url=Charge Ser Albin][/url]: 9d6k4 21
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Ser Albin spurs his horse forward, his lance point seeking the heart of his foe. It does not strike true, however.
Ser Alfred's Lance also fails to pierce Ser Albin's plate, but strikes with tremendous force. The Dornish knight keeps his seat

[url=First pass charge][/url]: 9d6k4 16
16 vs PR 14(?), 1 DoS, 9 damage before AR, and a TN 9 Ride test to stay mounted.

Ser Alfred: 21 vs 14 PR, 2 DoS 9(?) damage per Dos, 18 - 10 AR, 8 damage &
TN 12 Ride test. [url=Ser Albin Stay in Saddle][/url]: 5d6k3 16 Succeeds.

I made a few educated guesses about Ser Alfred's stats (marked with question marks). Let me know if anything is incorrect and I will adjust.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:06 pm

[url=Stay in saddle Roll against Ser Albin, first pass][/url]: 5d6k3 18

(AR 9, so no damage incurred, PR 14 is correct!)

The tip of Ser Albin's lance left a rather nasty impression on Ser Alfred's shield and the arm behind it. It was a glancing hit, bit even without looking, he can feel several splinters from the shield poking his arm as the shock of impact lessens. As soon as the distance seems about right, Ser Alfred steers his mount into another turn and opens the second pass. The first hit hadn't been bad, but he wants this one to be even better !

[url=Charge Ser Albin 2nd pass][/url]: 9d6k4 23
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:15 pm

[Uhm, Alfred, see private forum post here: viewtopic.php?f=95&
t=131&
p=91678#p91678
, you really should have better gear than this second rate Blackwood issue....

Also, it's only first round that is jousting, next up is regular combat, but you won initiative and charging him again isn't a bad option (precedence is that there's a bit of distance between combatants when regular combat kicks in).

Maybe Ser Albin surrenders?]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:23 pm

(Well, as long as the lances are still intact, I don't see a reason to throw away a perfectly good murder weapon, even if I prefer capturing Albin to killing him. Personally, I'm not sure whether he will yield, but the post as is is on the condition that he doesn't. If he does, I'll edit.

As for the House stuff, Ive seen it, but am still crunching a few numbers in my head and pondering my options. So no worries there, investments will happen, I heard people who don't get mocked, after all XD)
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:51 pm

[Oh, sticking to the war lance is definitely a good choice. But let's say you don't get the superior stuff AND you choose to charge again, he ends up with 3 health left and 4 injuries, AND he's impaled, yielding might be wise...if you have a lance from Ren Alyard...well, he's dead in that case.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:55 pm

(Perhaps better to move it to the OOC, but that opens an interesting question: Can characters pull their punches ?)
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:33 pm

[OOC: placeholder pending discussion with Reader.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:29 pm

Ser Albin is struck before he can get his shield in place to deflect the blow properly, and Ser Alfred's lance pierces his plate armor like an arrow piercing an apple.
However, while his shield may not be properly positioned, his lance is and it pierces Ser Alfred in much the same manner, the Tullison knight's own momentum driving him onto the

For a moment, the two men, atop their two horses, pinned together in a jumble of steel clad limbs and bloodied lances.

Having lost his grip upon his lance, Ser Albin draws his sword.

"
For House Wyl!"

[OOC:
Ser Albin would not yield after the first pass, he was hardly hurt. I should have included a conditional fatigue use in his last post, but did not.
23 vs CD 9, 3 DoS for 27 - 10AR = 17 Damage, Ser Albin takes 4 injuries to reduce that to 1.
Ser Albin is impaled, Ser Alfred must make a TN 9 Athletics test to maintain his hold onto the lance.

Take 1 fatigue to ignore injuries until the start of Ser Albin's next turn.
Lesser [url=War Lance vs. Ser Alfred (fatigue to ignore injuries)][/url]: 9d6k5-1 22 vs CD ??, 9 damage per DoS
Assuming that Ser Alfred has a CD somewhere in the range of 8-12, that's 3 DoS for 27 - 9AR = 18 damage and impalement.
[url=Maintain grip on lance (fatigue still in effect)][/url]: 3d6-1 6 Fails
Lesser Action: Draw longsword

Ser Albin will take a fatigue to ignore AP if he is attacked.

Ser Albin:
CD 9 (13 if fatigue), 10 AR
Health: 3/12
I/F: 4/1
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:10 am

[url=Maintain grip on lance][/url]: 4d6 13

Ser Alfred is hit and he's hit hard. The lance hit him and he feels the restriction of his movement that can only mean one thing... He doesn't want to think about it too hard, but even though the pain shoots through his innards, he knows this is but a small portion of what is still in store for him once the excitement of combat wears off. But that is more a nagging feeling than a real conscious thought, as he has precious little time to think. He manages to keep the lance gripped, but at this distance it's useless anyway, so he lets go of it and draws his own sword to finish this once and for all. Once freed from its sheath, the blade darts towards Ser Albin in a quick stabbing motion.

"
For the King !"

[url=Stab Ser Albin Wyl][/url]: 9d6k4-2 16
[url=Stab Ser Albin Wyl, forgot 1 die][/url]: 1d6 4 21 (should have been 10d6k5)
Damage: 7 per DoS

Ser Alfred
CD 12
9 AR
Health: 2/15
I: 1
F: 0

[Ser Alfred takes one injury and reduces damage to 13.]

Last edited by 217 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:31 am; edited 5 times in total
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:44 am

[OOC: Yes, letting go of the lance is a free action.

I/F is Injuries and Fatigue. PCs and Primary NCs also have a W for wounds.

I notice you're still keeping 4 dice. You aren't charging, so if you have Fighting 5 you would be keeping 5, making that roll a 19. Also, I'll need to know how much damage you do per DoS. Don't forget that you get +2 damage for being mounted and not moving.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:45 am

[Also, only take the one injury because you don't need to take more.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:20 am

(Edited)
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:36 am

(Edited again)
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Ser Alfred's sword finds a gap in Ser Albin's shattered armor, and the Dornishman's eyes glaze over as he slumps from is horse.

[OOC: 21 vs. 13CD (with fatigue) for 2 DoS, 14-10AR = 4 damage. Ser Albin cannot take another injury, and is defeated.

You may choose the defeat consequences.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Once free to move without much danger to himself, he discards his shield and puts the lightly trembling tip of his sword against Ser Albin Wyl's chest.

"
You have fought bravely and honorably, Ser Albin! I am hereby taking you as my prisoner. Give me your word as a knight that you will not attempt to escape and take up arms against us before your family has ransomed you or the conflict is over, and I will see to treatment according to your rank. If you are unwilling or unable to give your word, you shall be held under lock and key for the remainder of the conflict.

What do you say ?"
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Little and less of sense can be heard from Ser Albin, with the man murmuring something, attempting to push himself to one knee and collapsing unconscious.

Ser Alfred is free to apply the coup de grace and execute his foe, or summon a maester and ransom the brave Dornishmen after the battle is concluded.

[OOC: free to ransom him or execute him as desired]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Ser Alfred decides to summon a maester and keep Ser Albin as his prisoner. As soon as himself and Ser Albin are free and able to leave the fighting position, they do with Ser Alfred returning to the field after having been somewhat patched back together and Ser Albin being held under a maesters care in Ser Alfreds tent.
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:12 pm

[OOC: Ser Albin can be exchanged for a Status 4 prisoner or lower after the battle, or ransomed for 2 points of wealth (400 GD).

At the time of writing, there are no suitable prisoners taken by the Dornish to exchange for]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:59 am

Theomore makes arrangements for Ser Albin to be attended to by maester Haelis and a few men at arms, would be a shame to have him die, almost as much as having him escape.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down