Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Discussion

+18
Jon Templeton
Daveth Coldbrook
Aerion Storm
Luecian LongBow
Ereth Redwain
Ser Jorah Holt
Ser Walton Dulver
Darron Greyjoy
Ser Alfred Haigh
Benedict Marsten
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Reader
Theomore Tullison
Septon Arlyn
Nathaniel Mason
Davain Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld
22 posters

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Go down

Game Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Game Discussion

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:11 am

Also on the subject, the Septon is willing to work with anyone regarding transgressions of their marital vows, and will even give Corrine a little refresher in the sanctity of the Andal tradition.

also herpes Shocked

jk everyone has it

IRL as long as all party's are cool, then whateves Rolling Eyes
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:24 am

Loreia wrote:On the subject, I think the Drakesons may swing yet, after all.
I'll let Gwyn handle Kerry. I'm not sure if it'll be a strike or a caress, though. :;
):

Septon Arlyn wrote:Also on the subject, the Septon... will even give Corrine... herpes
Surprised Shocked Twisted Evil
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:26 am

Baelon wrote:
Loreia wrote:On the subject, I think the Drakesons may swing yet, after all.
I'll let Gwyn handle Kerry. I'm not sure if it'll be a strike or a caress, though. :;
):

Septon Arlyn wrote:Also on the subject, the Septon... will even give Corrine... herpes
Surprised Shocked Twisted Evil

the power of selective editing :;
):
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:18 pm

More an abuse of a grammatical ambiguity: what does that "
also"
hook onto? As written it could hook onto "
what you are willing to work with anyone on"
, but it could also hook onto what the Septon is willing to give to Corrine.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:11 pm

Loreia wrote:
Baelon wrote:Baelon sighs.

"
I feel like neither is a good answer... but for my sake, I would prefer if you were there. Just... go easy on her. Let's assume she is an unwitting pawn pressured to marry into a family she hates and simply seeking some comfort and acceptance. If it turns out she has wickedness in her heart we can find a suitable punishment for her then."
On the subject, I think the Drakesons may swing yet, after all.

What happens in Caladan stays in Caladan. :;
):
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:25 pm

[url:1k93lpnp]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=219&
p=92760#p92760[/url:1k93lpnp]

Because Ser Walton is a crazy young indomitable and will not let a little thing like a gaping chest wound keep him from climbing the battlements. Even if he has to use the ladder one handed and punch his way along the ramparts to tear down this flag!
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:

Your fluctuations between enthusiasm and mild outrage are entertaining. Laughing

I don't want to look easy. :;
):

I don't look easy right? Laughing

Like Sunday morning, my love. Laughing
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:14 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:[url:22hgbz4z]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=219&
p=92760#p92760[/url:22hgbz4z]

Because Ser Walton is a crazy young indomitable and will not let a little thing like a gaping chest wound keep him from climbing the battlements. Even if he has to use the ladder one handed and punch his way along the ramparts to tear down this flag!

Well, I believe Arlyn for years was kind of father to him- so don't even try to look surprised Septon!
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:12 am

Loreia wrote:
Davain Bartheld wrote:Would moving it forward or back a month ruin the tourneyment for anyone?
That would actually help me as House Coldbrook's double wedding tournament was planned to be scheduled for 127/01. Thank you for that reminder.
Davain Bartheld wrote:Would moving it forward or back a month ruin the tourneyment for anyone?
Loreia wrote:Baelon has told me 127/02 will not work for him. Corrine, would you and Ben be able to attend in months 11 or 12 of year 126?

I am pretty sure we can!
Alfred, Ereth, would moving the Bartheld tourney back to 126/11 or 126/12 make it impossible for either of you to attend?
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:00 pm

I should have no real problems with those dates, after all this is all after my jousting/wedding. I'm not sure if it conflicts with the War on House Wyl or the Velaryon arrests.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:33 pm

Story 3 objectives are up in your house forums, plus some "All Houses" objectives.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:50 pm

The newest event (Festival of Masks) is Nathaniel's work, with a small touch from me. As Gandalf is to adding the horses to the flood in the Fellowship of the Ring, so too am I to adding an obscene appearance by Mushroom to the official event. That's a bit disturbing...

Nathaniel has put a lot of OOC time in to this and significant IC resources, hope everyone enjoys it.

Mushroom will strike at some point once PC sign-ups are complete, beyond his previously planned involvement in story 1. He's got some favourite victims from story 1 and will also strike a random victim.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:00 pm

I like it. But shouldn't politicking be inside the quote or is that separate from the 3(4) actions you can also attempt?

Would unmasking penalties apply for chapter 3, or just the month before (so for things like house fortunes)?

Can you do the same action multiple times?

And to get the VP, you need 3 DoS on all the noted tests?

Also, I do not see a TN for the disguise test when determining status?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:16 am

Personal Ambition: If you gain at least three successes in Information Gathering, Debauchery and Politicking, you gain a VP that can be used toward a personal goal.

Just a note. In order to gain the +1VP, you need to gain 3 success in at least one Information Gathering, at least one Debauchery, and in Politicking. Only those that risk the most gain the most.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:18 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:

Personal Ambition:  If you gain at least three successes in Information Gathering, Debauchery and Politicking, you gain a VP that can be used toward a personal goal.

Just a note.  In order to gain the +1VP, you need to gain 3 success in at least one Information Gathering, at least one Debauchery, and in Politicking.  Only those that risk the most gain the most.

Oh righto will edit.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:20 am

Theomore Tullison wrote:I like it. But shouldn't politicking be inside the quote or is that separate from the 3(4) actions you can also attempt?

Would unmasking penalties apply for chapter 3, or just the month before (so for things like house fortunes)?

And to get the VP, you need 3 DoS on all the noted tests?

Politicking is not an action, it is a roll for the overall night.

Penalties for unmasking only last for a number of weeks, so most PCs will not have the penalty the following month.

There is no TN for the disguise test. It sets the TN for others to see through your disguise. Sorry.. TN for status is a standard Challenging (9).

Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:30 am

Theomore Tullison wrote:I like it. But shouldn't politicking be inside the quote or is that separate from the 3(4) actions you can also attempt?
This, for action economy Smile
Theomore Tullison wrote:

also this. Is the next story set in weeks so the next x number of weeks is the equivalent of days in the previous story?

Theomore Tullison wrote:
this looks like a yes]

Theomore Tullison wrote:

is it effectively 0?, then the number of DOS = status rank
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:51 am

I also want to point out that 'Carnival' has it's own sub-forum for PC's to have separate threads for conversations should they so choose. If it was not explicit, you can reveal yourself privately to others in the thread (or perhaps you went there together). Otherwise, Awareness checks must be made in order to 'unmask' the other person.

Also, you can have conversations or Intrigues with NPCs, but you must 'unmask' them first (publicly or privately). You have to know who you are talking to in order to have an Intrigue with them. They need not know who you are.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:29 am

Hang on...so you have to do at least one of each? What if I don't waaaaaaaaaant to debauch? Or gamble?

Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:32 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Hang on...so you have to do at least one of each? What if I don't waaaaaaaaaant to debauch? Or gamble?

You don't have to. You take 4 actions, choosing from that list.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:41 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Hang on...so you have to do at least one of each? What if I don't waaaaaaaaaant to debauch? Or gamble?

Right, but what Nathan posted a little ways above (quoted below) is that you have to debauch to be eligible for the Personal Ambition +1 VP. You can still gather information and participate in the costume contest and such without debauchery, but you can't get the +1VP. Apparently only those of "loose morals" can advance personal ambitions in this event.

Nathaniel Mason wrote:

Personal Ambition:  If you gain at least three successes in Information Gathering, Debauchery and Politicking, you gain a VP that can be used toward a personal goal.

Just a note.  In order to gain the +1VP, you need to gain 3 success in at least one Information Gathering, at least one Debauchery, and in Politicking.  Only those that risk the most gain the most.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:47 am

This is true... you just need to have one Debauch at 3DoS if you want the VP.

Gwen is perfectly fine and accomplishes much by playing the fringes of the room as she did.

Baelon wrote:
Right, but what Nathan posted a little ways above (quoted below) is that you have to debauch to be eligible for the Personal Ambition +1 VP. You can still gather information and participate in the costume contest and such without debauchery, but you can't get the +1VP. Apparently only those of "loose morals" can advance personal ambitions in this event.

Faint heart never won fair reward.  Although, much can still be gained without fully 'participating'.

At this event, if you want to advance your personal agenda, you will have to get your... er... um... hands a little dirty.

Last edited by Nathaniel Mason on Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:48 am

Hmm. Unless he was citing Info Gathering and Debauchery as a mutual class...like, to put it another way:

"You have to gain at least 3 successes in Info Gathering and Debauchery actions, or Politicking to qualify for a VP."

- Ah! Ninjaed. I see how it goes now. Sorry, Nathan, I just read you a little over-literally. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:59 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Hmm. Unless he was citing Info Gathering and Debauchery as a mutual class...like, to put it another way:

"You have to gain at least 3 successes in Info Gathering and Debauchery actions, or Politicking to qualify for a VP."

- Ah! Ninjaed. I see how it goes now. Sorry, Nathan, I just read you a little over-literally. Smile

In order to gain the +1VP, you need to gain 3 success in at least one Information Gathering, at least one Debauchery, and in Politicking.

Just want to be clear so there is no confusion for anyone. Both Nathan and Theomore have the VP currently that I am aware of.

Nathan did not Gamble (and could not thieve if he wanted to as he is not masked). I am sorry some of our more thievingly inclined brethren no longer seem to be around. It could have made great fun.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:06 am

Hm. That seems a bit unfair, honestly. I'd hardly call what Gwyn is doing 'faint hearted.'

It seems to me like any of those four actions should qualify in whatever distribution desired, plus one in politicking, as any of those four actions entails the element of risk, and shows participation in the event.

Why single out debauchery as a 'must do or forfeit half the reason to do this?'
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next