Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all]

+9
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Triston Tollett
Jon Templeton
Benedict Marsten
Nathaniel Mason
Aerion Storm
Reader
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all] - Page 2 Empty Re: Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all]

Post by Aerion Storm Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:16 pm

[IC text will follow, based on some OOC decisions]

1) Entering the mansion, ability substitution (using Athletics to climb into a window near the office).  With a DP to add +1B, this is good enough for a Formidable (12) difficulty, I'm picturing some garden latticework or something making it a pretty easy climb.
Ath/Climb: 4d6 9
Gain +1B: 1d6 6

2)  Accessing the office: I'll be honest, I think I'm just gonna either stop here, or see if there's some way PCs can combine forces (so that someone else can provide some Cunning and Thievery, while Aerion is the muscle in case things go poorly).  I felt obligated to roll something since I signed up, but...oof.  Most of it's like a laundry list of stuff Aerion's bad at. If I stop at "getting to the office door" I can at least claim he was standing guard while other PCs searched the place.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all] - Page 2 Empty Re: Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all]

Post by Reader Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:36 pm

[OOC: you can indeed team up, so Aerion is present is something goes wrong and so he can assist a partner on later steps or roll directly. People can try to be a hero alone or pull together for the good of the realm!

Normally destiny substitution only buys you the use of a different ability (not the extra 1B), but I'll allow it in this case as the ability makes sense and you're new. I'll not be so generous to our veterans. Wink]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:25 pm

If my in-box is any indication, Nathan is a popular guy at the moment.

Right now, I have Walton, Arlyn, Lucien, Ben and possibly Aerion that want to join Nathan, but I need some info first from you, Reader.

Are both assists and Co-ordinates allowed in this event.

How will you handle 'Entering the mansion' if some are planning to walk up and knock on the front door, or their arrival is expected?  Will they need to make the mandatory roll?

Is the first roll that is mandatory mean that all must roll the stealth, or do their assists and co-ordinates count as rolls toward the final total.

I think Nathan could easily handle this mission by himself, but in the interest of PC IC interaction, I am fine with the others joining me, but I need to understand what wrinkles the event will have.

Going alone, I will post here.  Going with a group of six, I will probably start a closed thread and work through the rolls as they come.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:39 pm

[OOC: Two assists, one coordinate = max 4 constructively contributing in a group (well, constructively to phase 1, more DoS on the final step helps, so banding together to get past the tough start and then having as many shots at the last rolls as possible can work well too, even if you can only band 4 together for the earlier rolls).

- You need to make the mandatory roll, walking up and knocking on the front door is destiny substitution territory.
- Stealth - everyone needs to do it, but if something wackier (like, say, the above) is being attempted I'll allow assist/coordinate instead.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Reader wrote:[OOC: Two assists, one coordinate = max 4 constructively contributing in a group (well, constructively to phase 1, more DoS on the final step helps, so banding together to get past the tough start and then having as many shots at the last rolls as possible can work well too, even if you can only band 4 together for the earlier rolls).

- You need to make the mandatory roll, walking up and knocking on the front door is destiny substitution territory.
- Stealth - everyone needs to do it, but if something wackier (like, say, the above) is being attempted I'll allow assist/coordinate instead.]

If all six of this merry band of men decide to come, have I got a wacky thread for you. Very Happy
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:14 am

Jon and Triston's group.

Step 1: Spend a DP to substitute Athletics test.

OiM Step 1, TN9: 4d6k4 22 Based on that roll I did a Triple Lindy over the wall

Step 2: Assist Triston Tollett +1 for Thievery, +2 for Athletics

Step 3: Assist Triston Tollett +1 for Warfare/Cunning

Step 4: Assist Triston Tollett +1 Cunning/Thievery
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Triston Tollett Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:26 pm

Step 1: Spend a DP to substitute Athletics test

OiM Step 1, TN9:: 4d6k4 11 vs. TN 9, Success (1)

Step 2: Pick the Lock

Thievery: 2d6+1 10 vs. TN 9, Success (1)

Step 3: Information

Deduce the Plans

Cunning: 3d6+1 11 vs. TN 9, Success (1)

Read Battle Maps

Warfare: 4d6+1 11 vs. TN 9, Success (1)

Step 4: Get Information Out

Cunning Memory: 4d6k3+1 18 +1 (Forgot to add in Read the Battle Maps) = 19 vs. TN 12, Success (2)
Triston Tollett
Triston Tollett

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Results:

Bartheld/Dulver/Marsten group (Merry Men):
The worst of luck!
One of the guards on the gate recognizes Raynald from the prior war in the Stepstones. Raynald killed the guard's brother in a brutal and memorable fashion, and the guard wants revenge!

The Dulver delegation fights off the guards at the gates, but flees as a unit of local constabulary bears down on their position. With the manor now on high alert, any infiltration attempt would likely be a suicide mission.

(Notes: Mechanics change was not approved by narrator. Disguise cannot be used to conceal motives, that is what Bluff is for. Event rules noted a mandatory stealth or disguise test for each participant, not one for the group. I'm all for player creativity, but that doesn't mean that you get to change the fundamental nature of an event simply because it will work better for you. To do so without Narrator approval is right out.)

Jon & Triston: Memorize 19, 2 DoS
As you make your way out, you see some Dulvers on the street being chased by the local constabulatory. Looks like you pulled it off just in the nick of time.
You earn 1 Glory each. +1 Point is earned for the Princess on behalf of House Tullison.
In addition, you learn two pieces of interesting information:

First, you get information on the Magister's business dealings, which are quite valuable to the right buyer - for instance the merchant that tipped you off in the first place.
House Templeton of Market Town receives 1 Wealth.

Second, you learn that one of the Triarchy commanders assigned to Bloodstone is deep in debt... in the right hands (or with the right amount of coin) this information could benefit the war greatly (allows access to a special Phase II King's Landing track event; you can grant access to this event to others - but be aware that they can then grant access to others as well).
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2