Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all]

+9
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Triston Tollett
Jon Templeton
Benedict Marsten
Nathaniel Mason
Aerion Storm
Reader
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all] Empty Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all]

Post by Reader Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:58 pm

A Myrish merchant was recently betrayed by a business partner: one of the magisters of Myr, who just happens to be heavily involved with the Triarchy forces in the Stepstones. Upset by the betrayal, the merchant offers to smuggle a few Westerosi agents into Myr, and give them directions to the magister’s mansion and information about security there. What the agents do with that information is up to them... but he can only dock for a couple of hours… if his passengers don't make it back to his ship in time for his departure, they are on their own. The streets are crowded and you must do this in broad daylight… but knowledge is power and big risks carry big rewards. Allies could be very helpful inside… if they don’t get you caught.

You may work in groups (allows assists & coordinate) or solo – declare your group before rolling. If in a group, any group member getting caught means all are caught.

[OOC: sign-up deadline 16th of December]

Tests:
[Remember that you can spend destiny to use ability substitution if you can argue for another ability that suits you plans.

Given the unexpected popularity of this event I'll allow multiple sites to be hit - this isn't a competition, although failure by one group will limit the upside of information learned by all groups, as the Myrish are aware they've been compromised.]

Each step must be rolled in order, but you can quit before or after any step without continuing.

1. Entering the Mansion (choose one): [Mandatory: 1 test for each participant]
o Sneak in: Stealth (any), TN 9

o Disguise yourself: Deception(disguise), TN 9 (May disguise others in group, all tests -1B/additional person)
 Success: You are able to gain access to the mansion.
 Failure: You are unable to get into the mansion, and return to the ship empty handed.
 Critical Failure: You are caught! (See below)

2. Accessing the office (choose one):

o Steal the key: Thievery(steal) TN 12
 Success: The keyring has a second key, which opens a drawer in the magister’s desk. +1B on Step 3 and 10gd.
 Fail: you can still try to pick the lock or force the door.
 Critical Fail: You are caught! (See below)

o Pick the lock: Thievery(pick lock) TN 9
 Success: You enter the magister’s office.
 Fail: You can’t get the door open… but you can still try to force the door.

o Force the door: Athletics(Strength) TN 9
 Success: The door is open, but that made a lot of noise – better be quick. -1D to Step 3.
 Fail: The door won’t budge, and you’re out of time.

3. Look for valuable information (choose one):

o Deduce the plans: Cunning(logic) TN 9

o Read the battle maps: Warfare(strategy) TN 9
 Success: Each DoS adds +1 to step 4

4. Get the information out (choose one):

o Memorize as much as you can: Cunning(memory) TN 12
 Success: Rewards based on DoS
 Fail: You wrack your brain but just can’t remember enough.

o Hide some documents on yourself: Thievery(sleight of hand) TN 9
 Fail: You almost get caught, but ditch the documents at the last minute.
 Critical Fail: You get caught! (See below)

Rewards:
Highest two scores on Step 4 gains +1 Glory.
DoS rewards - hidden for now.

Getting Caught/kicking the door in:
You are caught by 1 “knight” and 1d4 guards per group member, as larger forces.
Choose one:
Surrender: Ransomed back to your house for 1 Wealth per Status rank (min 3)
Fight: Combat scene. Defeat = Surrender effect and potential negative to your Green/Black faction score.
Flee: Chase scene (-1D due to crowded streets) failure = Surrender effects and potential negative to your Green/Black faction score.

Alerting the Myrish to Westerosi interest may limit the proceeds of the DoS, as the enemy will be aware of your knowledge of his plans.

Last edited by Reader on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all] Empty Re: Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all]

Post by Aerion Storm Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:59 am

[Depending on how martial the in-game pitch sounds instead of how stealth-oriented, Aerion will volunteer. A daring mission across the Narrow Sea to raid a Myrish magister's manse? That's pretty epic stuff! As long as we're not totally expected to skulk and sneak the whole time, he'd offer to go.]
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all] Empty Re: Phase 1.2: An Opportunity in Myr [all]

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:30 pm

Aerion Storm wrote:[Depending on how martial the in-game pitch sounds instead of how stealth-oriented, Aerion will volunteer.

I think you need to decide before knowing what you are getting into. Twisted Evil

Nathan will be taking this mission, but it should be warned to anyone that works with him, he currently has every intention of walking through the front door. Cool
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Ben will most likely be there. So, Nathan, if you are recruiting able-bodied men, you know where to find Lord Marsten. Wink
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:27 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:I think you need to decide before knowing what you are getting into.  Twisted Evil
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

Ah well. There's no point in being a dashing young warrior if you don't leap at the chance to be dashing, right? Aerion's in.

Nathan will be taking this mission, but it should be warned to anyone that works with him, he currently has every intention of walking through the front door.  Cool
Hey, it beats trying to sneak around like thieves and rapers, as far as Aerion's concerned.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Ser Jon will be getting out his water wings and sail to Myr.
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Triston Tollett Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:02 pm

Triston will go along with Jon.
Triston Tollett
Triston Tollett

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:50 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Aerion Storm wrote:[Depending on how martial the in-game pitch sounds instead of how stealth-oriented, Aerion will volunteer.

I think you need to decide before knowing what you are getting into.  Twisted Evil

Nathan will be taking this mission, but it should be warned to anyone that works with him, he currently has every intention of walking through the front door.  Cool

Argo anyone?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:41 pm

So I am actually going to jump onto this ship. Changed my mind, Deleting other post. as darkwing duck would say "Lets get dangerous!"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:15 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:So I am actually going to jump onto this ship. Changed my mind, Deleting other post. as darkwing duck would say "Lets get dangerous!"

And Walton with him!
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:10 am

Raynald will go with the Septon and his nephew Walton!
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:42 pm

Its getting awful green in here.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:57 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:Its getting awful green in here.

What could possibly go wrong? It sounds like the beginning of a good joke. A Sassy Septon, religiously reformed Raynald, walking weapon walton and a well connected whore walk into a Myrish Merchants house. Twisted Evil
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:

What could possibly go wrong? It sounds like the beginning of a good joke. A Sassy Septon, religiously reformed Raynald, walking weapon walton and a well connected whore walk into a Myrish Merchants house. Twisted Evil

And the Merchant says "Is this some kind of joke?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Yeah. Watch your back if you go along, lest they stick a knife in it.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:15 pm

Well, in case something goes wrong, Walton and Raynald can end rowing at ship, Nathan at brothel and Septon... I heard Septons burn pretty well for R'hlorrs sake. It's win-win situation.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:18 pm

See I think I would be more interested in this but the getting caught thing I find odd. Is it if I get caught I fail the event and im locked away or is it you now have to deal with guards.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Darron Greyjoy wrote:See I think I would be more interested in this but the getting caught thing I find odd. Is it if I get caught I fail the event and im locked away or is it you now have to deal with guards.
Only way to find out is to join the crew, looks like.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:12 pm

So...maybe Jon/Triston should find alternate means of transport back home, tip off the Myrish about everything and which ship they should intercept leaving port.

What do you say my fellow queen-to-be-(wo)men? Wouldn't loosing Ben to the Myrish scum be a sacrifice worth making if we can wipe out almost all there is of notable opposition and cruise in towards glorious victory for the supporters of the one true future queen?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:16 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:So...maybe Jon/Triston should find alternate means of transport back home, tip off the Myrish about everything and which ship they should intercept leaving port.

What do you say my fellow queen-to-be-(wo)men? Wouldn't loosing Ben to the Myrish scum be a sacrifice worth making if we can wipe out almost all there is of notable opposition and cruise in towards glorious victory for the supporters of the one true future queen?

This is why we're not friends, dear. Razz
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:50 pm

I'm going to butcher this analogy but here goes,

Theo to Corrine, "To kill major Green supporters it'll cost you your husband but you'll get a million Gold Dragons, the Vale, and your pick of a new man." Corrine after much deliberation consents.

Theo to Corrine, "On second thought, we'll kill the Greens and while it'll still cost you your husband, you'll get a couple hundred GDs and finding a new husband is on you." Corrine, outraged at such a comment yells, "What kind of person do you think I am."

Theo, "We already found out what kind of person you are. Now we're just negotiating.
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:04 pm

Erm, I never consented to anyone killing Ben. I'm actually 100% not ok with that.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:08 pm

I wasn't suggesting you were. Just playing off Theomore's absurd suggestion with a terrible analogy about the morality of people.
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm

Oh ok.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:55 pm

Tests:
[Remember that you can spend destiny to use ability substitution if you can argue for another ability that suits you plans.

Given the unexpected popularity of this event I'll allow multiple sites to be hit - this isn't a competition, although failure by one group will limit the upside of information learned by all groups, as the Myrish are aware they've been compromised.]

Each step must be rolled in order, but you can quit before or after any step without continuing.

1. Entering the Mansion (choose one): [Mandatory: 1 test for each participant]
o Sneak in: Stealth (any), TN 9

o Disguise yourself: Deception(disguise), TN 9 (May disguise others in group, all tests -1B/additional person)
 Success: You are able to gain access to the mansion.
 Failure: You are unable to get into the mansion, and return to the ship empty handed.
 Critical Failure: You are caught! (See below)

2. Accessing the office (choose one):

o Steal the key: Thievery(steal) TN 12
 Success: The keyring has a second key, which opens a drawer in the magister’s desk. +1B on Step 3 and 10gd.
 Fail: you can still try to pick the lock or force the door.
 Critical Fail: You are caught! (See below)

o Pick the lock: Thievery(pick lock) TN 9
 Success: You enter the magister’s office.
 Fail: You can’t get the door open… but you can still try to force the door.

o Force the door: Athletics(Strength) TN 9
 Success: The door is open, but that made a lot of noise – better be quick. -1D to Step 3.
 Fail: The door won’t budge, and you’re out of time.

3. Look for valuable information (choose one):

o Deduce the plans: Cunning(logic) TN 9

o Read the battle maps: Warfare(strategy) TN 9
 Success: Each DoS adds +1 to step 4

4. Get the information out (choose one):

o Memorize as much as you can: Cunning(memory) TN 12
 Fail: You wrack your brain but just can’t remember enough.

o Hide some documents on yourself: Thievery(sleight of hand) TN 9
 Fail: You almost get caught, but ditch the documents at the last minute.
 Critical Fail: You get caught! (See below)

Rewards:
Highest two scores on Step 4 gains +1 Glory.
DoS rewards - hidden for now.

Getting Caught/kicking the door in:
You are caught by 1 “knight” and 1d4 guards per group member, as larger forces.
Choose one:
Surrender: Ransomed back to your house for 1 Wealth per Status rank (min 3)
Fight: Combat scene. Defeat = Surrender effect and potential negative to your Green/Black faction score.
Flee: Chase scene (-1D due to crowded streets) failure = Surrender effects and potential negative to your Green/Black faction score.

Alerting the Myrish to Westerosi interest may limit the proceeds of the DoS, as the enemy will be aware of your knowledge of his plans.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next