Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Phase 2] Let men be men

2 posters

Go down

[Phase 2] Let men be men Empty [Phase 2] Let men be men

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:58 pm

"The Black Bull" was a pleasantly down to earth establishment, catering to knights not too strung up on ceremony or anything like that. Not a disreputable place, but ill suited to bring a lady, and a lord of high pedigree ought to think twice about entering. The cost remained slightly prohibitive for those not of high birth, and thus the serving girls catered to a particular sort of crowd, the kind that liked them saucy and buxom, though no girl working in a place like this was likely to indulge such fantasies as the patrons might harbor, the generous sights their attires offered was all that was on offer, burly bouncers ensured that overly eager hands would be.....discouraged.

Further up the hill, they offered wines from Dorne and the Arbor, and all sorts of fine and exotic fare. At the bull, the menu was limited to ale, strong ale and meat, most famously their bull roast, but cuts of beef and pork would also find their way onto the coals, even the biggest man in all the realms would be served all he would want to it in this place. As far as Theomore was concerned, this place catered to more voracious appetites than his own, but a good host was mindful of what his guests liked, and this one would probably prefer this place over the stag.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Phase 2] Let men be men Empty Re: [Phase 2] Let men be men

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:12 am

Ser Walton arrived accompanied by small guard, or rather group of companions man could say. As soon as they entered the local, most of them disappeared at the tables. Only Ser Garred Mountfort stayed at his side. While old captain of Stony Heath- and the only non-lowborn from Walton's companions, was neatly inspecting room with his eyes, young heir was only nodding with look of approbation on his face. It seemed as good place to not only discuss affairs of their House, but also as good starting point for the evening. On the very same street man could find the place to fulfill all his manly desires, as Dulver saw passing by on their way here.

All men were dressed casually, in hard or soft leathers- there were no velvet lovers among Dulvers. At least not among those, who wore swords at almost every occasion- also tonight. While Walton and Garred's right to wear blade everywhere was thanks to their knightly status, right to that for others was less obvious. But one look and obvious was, that it could be lively and bluntly discussed.

Ser Walton most of his attention at the moment, was giving to local's decorations, enjoying the smell of roast and grinning to serving girls. Watchful observer could also see longing looks sent towards burly bouncers, with silent request of giving reason to start fight.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:40 pm

Theomore himself had dressed down ever so slightly for the occasion, with a black leather doublet, of a make most knights could not afford, but still something that would raise scorn and comment if worn in the throne room. He stood up to greet the arrivals. "It is good to see you, sers." His handshake firm and his smile warm and inviting. "I hope I am not wrong in thinking that this establishment will offer a refreshing change from the sort of places most other highborn would want to spend their evenings?" Theomore did not need to ask, Walton would have to be a really good actor if he did not find the locale preferable, and if Theomore was wrong about Walton's ability and inclination to hide his thoughts, then he certainly had met his match when it came to wearing masks.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Walton responded with strong handshake while saying "No, ser, I think this establishment will do great. Away from curious eyes and ears. AND serves ale."

Ser Garred was not as glad as Walton, what met heir's comment "It should even fit you, you old grump." Only nod of pity answered young heir.

"I would lie, if I say that I prefer another evening of bowing and titleing and bowing again, than being here. That's good change, ser." Walton nodded with exaggerated courtesy, having in mind own words.

"I can drink to that! And to that we can discuss that delicate matter, fruit of our dissapointingly fruitless escapade beyond the sea, as Your message said..." While first sentence was said loud enough that everybody in establishment turned towards mighty Dulver, following words were said with discrecy.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:47 pm

"I know not of disappointing, ser" Theomore had heard that a surprising amount of individuals had been looking for opportunities in Myr, given who some of them were, he had half expected blood on the streets to follow, but it appeared not to be so. "I believe that we now have advanced knowledge of enemy intent, and something else besides." Unfortunately a matter he could not take care of personally, and Raff was not the man to send on his own. "I understand that Short Tom Tinker is in King's Landing, and the man speaks Myrish as I recall, and also happens to be capable in matters of discretion. I have a contact indicating that a certain Myrish general might be taking bribes, sounds to my ear like an opportunity for House Dulver to show that it can offer more for winning this war than a mighty sword."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:14 am

Just after Walton sat comfortably at the table, he waved on serving girl.

"Roast. And wine." He ordered shortly, perfectly knowing that local serves only ale. As serving girl opened her mouth to point that out to highborn man, handful of silver coins put into her hands, happened to change her mind.

"I have no doubts about Short Tom and his ability to pull something like that..." Walton combed his long hair thoughtfully before continuing.

"Well, it depends can we sell that to my Lord Father. Seven knows that he tries to squeeze every copper coin. And we are talking about spending golden coins, even not for our case... But in the other hands, we cannot offer too many swords in crusade... Maybe, yes..."
Walton was finishing talking more to himself than to Theomore.

"Do we know what amount of gold, mentioned corrupted general may find to be adequate for his efforts?"

In the meantime, serving girl came back. With roast. And wine.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:49 am

"I believe that Lord Dulver is quite capable of turning a profit in such an investment made, ser." Of that, Theomore had little doubt. "And I could whisper in the right ears to ensure that whatever coin he commits will yield more than it's fair value in return, possibly even a reimbursement if that is what the lord might desire, it is the crown's war after all, it is only expected that the crown should pay for it's expense, though some things the crown might wish to deny involvement in if the dealings should go sideways. I imagine the amount would have to be large enough to tempt a Myrish general, I cannot claim to know how much riches such men would covet, but life is a negotiation, as always, ser." Theomore would never ask for reimbursement in Lord Harald's seat, the Dulvers did not lack for coin, but there were things far more valuable, friends at court, favors and the reputation of being capable of solving people's problems.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:59 am

"We both know that turning that into investment, is something what Lord Harald may not believe into, ser. And asking for reimbursement may be something what Crown may not see approving, especially in those unsure times. But pointing out our loyalty and dedication to Crown's interests..." Walton breathed heavily and ended "It's worth a try, though. I will talk with my Lord Father in person, and start preparing everything for Short Tom's expedition. Then we will know what we are standing at. And we will take it from there. Coin is not an issue, hopefully Myrish general will understand that, too. He comes with the number and we will work something out. Is there something more You would like to share with us, ser? Something what could help Short Tom beyond the sea?"
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:32 pm

"It is not unreasonable for House Dulver to merely act as the middle-man ser, surely another house might be willing to open it's coffers on behalf of the crown so to speak, in return for a share of the royal favor." Theomore shrugs. "I would pick royal favor, but I shall not presume to think that Lord Dulver's preferences matches mine."

"As for the Myrish general to be bribed, I do not know more than the merchant contact of mine offering to assist in the matter does. Though I can certainly be of assistance should House Dulver so wish it in translating any success in this venture into some gain."

Theomore partakes in the same choice of fare as his guest, if perhaps in smaller quantity, wasn't quite what he preferred, but it was not bad either, and he liked variation.

"But while you are here, ser, I have the opportunity to ask if there is anything I might do for House Dulver"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu May 04, 2017 4:10 pm

-There is always something what could be done. In hard time we live, and it will not surprise anyone, if it will become even harder. Sooner or later. Everywhere You hear about politics and factions... Dulvers are loyal servants of the Crown, and they will always serve with Kingdom's best interest in mind. But I'm afraid that we stand alone. We need friends, even if not to that cause, at least to our House, Ser. And who could be better person in aiding with that, than You, Ser Theomore?  You are respected and known by powerful people. And we also consider You as dear friend. -
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat May 06, 2017 7:36 pm

"Those are kind words, ser." Theomore takes a considerate sip of his own wine. "Though I suppose such rumors are not without some measure of merit, when men believe you have the ability to influence other men, they are more readily inclined to ask and grant favors, curious isn't it? Something becomes real because someone started to believe it to be true" Not really, no. Faith had always been among the most capable forces when it came to make men march. "But what cause are you looking for friends inclined to support it?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun May 07, 2017 6:49 am

"Peace, Ser. Peace in Kingdoms. And friends, who will have power and resources to offer helping hand. Or have our back, when harder times come. We are going well now, but it's stupid that hope it will last forever. And it's always good to not stand alone in darkest time..." Walton was kept in simple and what's most important for him at this moment- honest. "As they say: prepare for the worst, hope for the best." Dulver saluted with his cup to last words.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue May 09, 2017 9:34 am

"That is a lofty ambition, ser. The very same ambition that has made the king bring us all here. Others thus would share it, I think. But I fear the majority has already concluded that the king is the only man holding the peace together, and they observe what seems to be serious concerns about his health. When the bells of King's Landing rings, I suspect that they will not just proclaim the death of the king, but also that of the peace."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down