Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Phase 1.1] Tensions Fray at Mushroom's Farewell [Roleplay Thread]

5 posters

Go down

[Phase 1.1] Tensions Fray at Mushroom's Farewell [Roleplay Thread] Empty [Phase 1.1] Tensions Fray at Mushroom's Farewell [Roleplay Thread]

Post by Loreia Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:20 pm

Continuing from event "Mushroom Bids You Farewell"
Posting restricted, until Reader moves roleplay posts from event thread to this one and declares "open season"!
Posts are not being moved. All may resume where we left off.

Reader wrote:Ser Bryndon Hightower slams a steel-clad fist in to a stable door at Lord Drakeson's curious taunt, near tearing it from its hinges and openly shaking his head.

Men near him swear subsequently that they heard him murmur "By the Seven, my poor cousin," but others dismiss this as idle prattle or others mishearing Ser Bryndon. After all, it is well known that Ser Brydon's cousin Ser Satuyrn perished as a hero during Ser Lorent's heroic escape after being corralled for weeks by a Triarchy encirclement. Oldtown's champion seemed about to do something more drastic, but Ser Alayne Tarly drag him away as the former gestures towards Lord Drakeson and Ser Lorent too, as angry with the messenger as the he is with the Kingsguard.

[OOC: Ser Bryndon Hightower's disposition towards Lord Drakeson deteriorates to Dislike.

Lady Alysane Tully's disposition towards Lady Gwyneth Drakeson deteriorates to Dislike for interfering in her family's business and the Riverlands, and for being to married to Lord Drakeson.

Tweaked Loreia's post to refer to Ser Benjen Frey as Lord Frey's cousin - Loreia would be well aware of this IC so no need to clutter the existing drama with an IC misunderstanding.]

Lord Frey tore off a gauntlet, and was halfway to underlining the Black faction's conviction in Ser Loreia's knighthood by challenging her on the spot, when Lord Drakeson interjected, his winning way with words and longstanding friendship with Lord Frey and Ser Eoric somewhat calming tempers. But charm could only halt challenges, not convince a man to set them aside.

"Ser Loreia will defend her knighthood and her words after this campaign. Let the challenge be delivered today, so no man may doubt my honour, but let honour be satisfied in a duel to first blood once matters are resolved in the Stepstones. The Seven know I did all I could to control my base cousin without damning myself as kinslayer, and they will see my prevail or the Shieldmaiden recant her words."

[OOC: inciting various NPCs against one another will need to wait until the end, but unless some very high rolls come in we'll see the beginning of a rivalry between Ser Eoric Tully and Lord Frey.

I will set a deadline of the 9th of December for this event, to allow for some more IC responses once we know the results on the mechanical side of things, as that will drive further NPC reactions.

Please take roleplay to sidethreads and do not carry the narrative beyond this point for now.]

"I accept the challenge and agree to its terms," Loreia answers, her firm tone carrying over from her rebuke of the Lord of the Twins. "May we meet again after the campaign to see it through."

[My interaction with NCs goes no further than this unless Reader has something he wishes to add from them.]

Last edited by Loreia on Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:50 am; edited 4 times in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Phase 1.1] Tensions Fray at Mushroom's Farewell [Roleplay Thread] Empty Re: [Phase 1.1] Tensions Fray at Mushroom's Farewell [Roleplay Thread]

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:06 am

[Also happening at about the same time and place]

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:With a deep breath, Corrine clambers up onto a bench and shouts to be heard over the flurry of activity.

"Stop arguing, you fools! Can you not see this is what our enemies want? Look around! Blacks at eachother's throats, while Greens look on, assured in their triumph to see how fractured we are! Will you let agitators play on our old grudges and weaknesses until we destroy eachother and our cause, so they may march to victory over our corpses! Our King tried to use adversity to unify Black and Green against a common enemy. That has failed. Do not make this mistake any longer!"

She thrusts an accusing finger eastwards, over everyone's heads.

"Across the sea, there are forces that look upon the Seven Kingdoms with envious eyes! If we cannot even keep peace between ourselves in the face of a petty jibe, then we may as well lie down and beg them to plonk their avaricious, foreign arses on our thrones! Sort out your grievances in private and start acting like you care about more than your pride, or we will sleepwalk into a war we will sorely lose. Think on all the innocents who will suffer for this folly!"

Persuasion (Convince): 6d6k5 21
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Phase 1.1] Tensions Fray at Mushroom's Farewell [Roleplay Thread] Empty Re: [Phase 1.1] Tensions Fray at Mushroom's Farewell [Roleplay Thread]

Post by Aerion Storm Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:47 pm

Aerion's brow furrows -- Seven, what's she doing? -- and he looks around the crowd, worriedly, as the Lady Marsten gives her speech.

It isn't until she finishes that he realizes his hand's on his sword, ready, should anyone respond in a way that deserves it.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:20 pm

Jon stared at Loreia as she made her outrageous comments to Lord Frey. Well if people were against knighted women before...

Standing next to Aerion, Jon couldn't help notice him gripping his sword handle. Looking to the southron he gave a quick shake of the head. Quitely he whispered, "Lets not give anyone ideas. She'll have a chance to defend herself in good time... the honorable way."
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Aerion straightens and turns his cross-draw reach into crossing his arms, instead. A peek of red is visible near his collar, a flash of silk scarf.

"Err, aye. Ser Loreia will fight for herself, I'm sure," he says, dark blue eyes still scanning the crowd. If anyone's arm wound back for a throw at the Lady Marsten, he wanted to be ready.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:42 pm

Darron walks around the men throwing his axe gently up into the air and catching it taking in what is being said by the heated green landers.

Doing this simple action helped calm him in these situations keeping his hands busy doing something. When Loreia started he stopped dead and watched as more oil is put on the fire.

Almost missing a beat with the axe, he corrects himself before starting to move again while Lady Corrine had her say. "She's not wrong." He says under his breath at no one in particular.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down