Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part 1.2 (Post Mushroom) A Dragon´s Flagon Among Freys (Closed) (PM if you wish to be here)

4 posters

Go down

Part 1.2 (Post Mushroom) A Dragon´s Flagon Among Freys (Closed) (PM if you wish to be here) Empty Part 1.2 (Post Mushroom) A Dragon´s Flagon Among Freys (Closed) (PM if you wish to be here)

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:40 pm

The Dragon´s Flagon,

Ereth finally found the place lord Frey was and from the outside it looks rustic, cheerful and warm. Bricks an wood make up most of the building's outer structure. It's hard to see through the windows, but the inviting music from within can be felt outside. "A good place after such a bad moment in the day"

As Ereth enters the tavern through the heavily used, wooden door, he is welcomed by the smell of alcohol and amazing, but unknown scents. The bartender is swamped in work, but still manages to welcome Ereth inside. It's as charming inside as it is on the outside. Rounded, wooden beams support the upper floor and the sconces attached to them. The walls are loaded with hundreds of memorabilia, all signed and most likely donated by customers... Wonder what lord Frey will donate... wait do I have to donate too!?

The tavern itself seems packed, but it's really just traffic of traders that seem to be the primary clientele here, until you look more closely to the more discrete parts and you can find men of noble bearing enjoying a good drink and meal in peace. Several long tables are occupied by happy, excited groups of people, some are dancing on the table, while others cheer them on with clapping and yelling. The other, smaller tables are also occupied by people, though nobody seems to mind more company. Ereth has some trouble finding lord Frey, until he went further in and he was in one of the bigger and more separate places eating in company of some men from House Frey, which brings as smile to Ereth as he approaches.

The tavern seems famous for something or there is something special about it, though judging by the amount of men staring at one of the waitresses, it's probably her beauty and charm which makes Ereth chuckle as he raises hi hand and waves lord Frey as he approaches the table to join in.

"Hello my lord, this is a fine place you chose to come and relax. After earlier events we can all need a drink in good company and in a merry place!" Ereth orders a drink of ale and joins the table.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Part 1.2 (Post Mushroom) A Dragon´s Flagon Among Freys (Closed) (PM if you wish to be here) Empty Re: Part 1.2 (Post Mushroom) A Dragon´s Flagon Among Freys (Closed) (PM if you wish to be here)

Post by Reader Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Lord Frey smiled at the cheer displayed by Lord Redwain - he was fond of his loyal bannerman.

"A strong ale would not go amiss, it is true."

He shake his head ruefully at the memory of the day.

"We can but be grateful that not too much drink had been taken at such an early hour, else matters may have turned out even worse. Your house's produce may have made a grim situation worse, had it been deployed here." He attempts a second smile, but there is little humour to his words and much regret.

Lord Frey turns to affix a lump of warm wax to the way and press his signet ring to it.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Part 1.2 (Post Mushroom) A Dragon´s Flagon Among Freys (Closed) (PM if you wish to be here) Empty Re: Part 1.2 (Post Mushroom) A Dragon´s Flagon Among Freys (Closed) (PM if you wish to be here)

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Ereth chuckles and smiles until the oversized flagon lands on the table "Now I know why they call it the dragon's flagon..." Ereth was going to have another rather long  night if he was not careful, and not to mention a next day.

Persuasion (Charm): 6d6k4 16

Ereth tries to sound positive and lift his spirit up a bit "Don't feel so bad my lord it wasn't terrible until that women opened her mouth, wish prompted my reply that might have been nor entirely proper, but I felt it was necessary to remind her of her place, just like lord Drakeson did with Nathaniel." Ereth smiles "I think he might find it rather difficult that he cannot just kill Nathaniel in a whim after he saved my lords life and lady Marsten was very outspoken, she made me glad. She is quite good looking to." Ereth raises his flagon "To Nathaniel for saving lord Frey's life and Ser Kevan for saving lady Sabitha" Ereth had a drink.

Now for the fun let's tell some good jokes to lift our spirits! What did the fish say when he swam into a wall? Damn!" Ereth chuckles. Ereth sense of humor was strange and everyone and then so where his jokes, but they weren't all terrible, and they would get funnier the more everyone kept drinking.

Will: 3d6 8

Ereth was going to struggle to keep lord Frey in a good mood and that might mean he will probably be drunk by the time they were done and if the flagon's where this big it wasn't going to take that long for that to happen.

Can you give your family name to an outsider to protect them? A thought for later, a silly thought perhaps, but he sure had earned it.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:29 am

A man entered the Dragon's Flagon some time after Ereth arrived. He wore scale armor, black scales trimmed in gold. A hood had been pulled over his head and an battle axe sat in a waistband loop. Pulling his riding gloves off he tucked them in his belt then brought his hands up to his head and pulled the hood back.

Ser Jon Templeton had been looking for Lord Frey and it seemed he was located within the tavern. Heading to the barkeep he ordered an ale and inquired to Forrest's whereabouts. The barkeep jerked a hand towards the back and gave Jon his ale. "Thank you." Jon said as he paid for his drink and walked towards the more secluded area.

Jon walked up to the table where Ereth and Forrest sat. He bowed his head to Lord Frey and his loyal bannerman, "My lords." Jon paused for their response before continuing, "Ser Theomore speaks highly of you and it seems you inspire fierce loyalty in your bannerman." Don't be too over the top Jon "I was hoping to have a moment of your time." Jon waited for an invitation to sit.
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:06 pm

Lord Frey nodded at Ereth's words, listening to his bannerman's counsel.

"Lord Drakeson is a fine friend to me, but with a Dragon's temper. Truth be told, he has the right of the matter - Nathaniel is a bold young man, and I fear it will ultimately cost him dear in different company. I will not sully my family name by striking at a man I owe so much to."

He raises his glass, drinking at the mention of Ser Kevan and Nathaniel, and adding a toast to his friend Lord Drakeson.

"To Baelon, for striving to control my temper even as he struggled to keep a leash on his own."

Forrest acknowledged Jon's polite greeting.

"Ser Theomore is kind - a knight or lord should strive to live up to the vows we all swore."

Lord Frey was too gallant to note Ser Theomore's own failings on this score.

"Please, join us. I would know the men that will bleed alongside me on the Stepstones."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:17 pm

Ereth raises the flagon "For Theomore!" and for the horrors of war that await us in the Stepstones. Ereth looks the man that just got invited to the table "What would your name be good man?" are you here to pledge your sword in service while we are drinking and good mood, since we are going to war? It wouldn't surprise me, many hedge knights do it.

Ereth is wary of the new companion, new face that came looking for lord Frey could go any direction...
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Lord Frey seeks to dispel his bannerman's wariness.

"Do not be cautious of my conqueror Lord Redwain! This is Ser Jon Templeton, well known to my Ser Theomore. He sits a lance near as well as Ser Theomore too. I had to apologies to Lord Drakeson for not having the skill to win swiftly or the grace to lose quickly, although I believe our friendship has survived me shattering half the lances at Caladan Hall."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:00 am

Ereth tries to chuckle but ends up coughing up beer instead until the laughter came out "I'm sorry I was not there to see that, and even happier I did not end looking at the sky if I had to face you my lord" Ereth knew he was no match for lord Frey jousting, he had a lot of work to do to catch up or at least be decent jouster.

"Welcome Ser Jon, apologies for my weariness, I did not know you" Ereth smiles, then again I doubt I can entice him to come serve me.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Triston Tollett Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:04 am

Late, as usual, was Triston. He was supposed to meet Jon here, but his friend didn't give him any particularly useful information. He stood in the doorway, being forced to sidestep someone coming in from behind him.

After a few uncomfortably long moments, he saw Jon speaking to someone but Triston couldn't see who it was. He dodged aside a serving girl and made his way toward his long time friend and nonchalantly put his hand on Jon's shoulder. Triston was a young man with black hair parted in the middle and partially tucked behind his ears. He wore a simple, rough spun tunic with a coat of arms: pily cendrée and sable.

Triston looked like he was going to say something but didn't, thinking it possible he's already interrupted something and didn't wish to do so further.
Triston Tollett
Triston Tollett

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:49 am

Reader wrote:"Do not be cautious of my conqueror Lord Redwain! This is Ser Jon Templeton, well known to my Ser Theomore. He sits a lance near as well as Ser Theomore too. I had to apologize to Lord Drakeson for not having the skill to win swiftly or the grace to lose quickly, although I believe our friendship has survived me shattering half the lances at Caladan Hall."

Jon smiled at Forrest's words, happy the man harbored no ill will to the results of the joust, "My lord I was informed half a forest was felled to replace the lances we broke on one another's shield." Jon chuckled as he took a seat. "I thank you for your praise though I think I have a ways to go before I match Ser Theomore's skill with a lance. I'm much better on foot. There's something about getting muddy, fighting in the dirt, I seem to have an affinity for that."

Ereth Redwain wrote:"Welcome Ser Jon, apologies for my weariness, I did not know you" Ereth smiles

Turning to Ereth he added, "My apologies on not announcing myself. As Lord Forrest said I am Ser Jon Templeton of Ninestars." Jon studied Ereth for a moment but before speaking a hand squeezed his shoulder. Looking up he saw his good friend Triston. "My lords this is Triston Tollet. He is practically my brother and if he gets his way my good brother in due time. I hope you don't mind if he joins us as well." Jon took a long drink from his flagon before continuing. "We've been in the Riverlands for awhile now and have served House Tullison for the majority of it. I'll tell you that Lord Dunstan is truly dedicated to the small folk." There was no malice in the observation of Dunstan, just a statement of fact. "We've fought against House Wyl and those Dornish," there was a condescending tone when Jon said Dornish, "and now we're preparing to fight in the Stepstones against the Triarchy." Jon thought for a moment on how to phrase his words, "I don't know how big, if any contingent from House Tullison will be sent but if there is none my friend and I will be looking for patrons to serve." Jon looked directly at Forrest for the final part, "With the high praise from Ser Theomore and your skill as a warrior I could not think of another lord we'd like to serve during the campaign."

Jon looked over to Triston to see if he had anything to add.
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:16 am

Lord Frey favoured Jon's jest with a laugh, a deep, warm sound.

"There will be mud and blood aplenty for us on the Stepstones. Be sure you stand near me - I would have you fight opposite my shield side if you are truly better with mace or axe than the lance. None doubt the valour of the Vale, we simply see too little of it. Understandable given the distance and Lady Arryn's caution, though word is she increasingly finds much to favour in Lady Marsten's youthful vigour and bold approach, despite Prince Daemon's past dealings in the Vale."

"Lord Mallister made mention of your friend Ser Jon, any man spoken of highly of by Seagard will find a hearing with me, although Lord Tullison will reduce my shield to splinters with that hammer of his at the next melee if I poach swords from under him," he smiles and raises his hand in mock consternation.

Forrest seemed happy to have the Tullison men serve under him directly, should Lord Tullison find himself short-handed.

Lord Frey orders another round of drinks at the mention of the campaign against House Wyl and offers a toast "To those who served and yet serve, and those who gave their final service". He drinks a small measure at the first part of his toast and pours a small measure on the floor at the second.

Notably, Lord Frey nods at Jon's mention of Lord Tullison's regard for the small-folk.

[OOC: Awareness (empathy) TN 12]

[OOC: formal allocation of House forces will come once results from Phase 1 research is available and you hopefully know more of the opposition, but House Tullison will likely be sending troops, if not, your showing in the Drakeson tourney and Lord Mallister's mysterious familiarity with Ser Triston seems to vouch for both of you].
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:59 pm

In the end, they all came to pledge service to my lord, I knew it

"Interesting, I was with lord Theomore Tullison at the siege of Wyl. Dragons can be terrible force to reckon with" Ereth drinks some remembering how the dragon snatched a catapult like it was a child toy for a grown man.

"Don't fool yourself, what awaits for you in the Stepstones is going to be much worse and we won't have dragons probably to help in a siege. I've been there before" his eyes look blank like he was still there, but he was just not there "I learned how to lead men through the 7 hells and back, or whatever was left of them" looking at his oversized flagon "Apologies, for my comments, just brings some memories and there is not enough alcohol to drown some of them, the fucker float" Ereth winks at his joke, as usual not the best ones, but the more they drink the funnier they will get.

"Grab some drinks common, you have some catching up to do"

Awareness (Empathy): 3d6 9
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Triston Tollett Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:37 am

Triston shook his head to Jon. He bows to Lord Frey, "My lord," he says, "I go where Ser Jon goes, as I may. I will lend my sword to your banner in this cause."

The Valeman seats himself and waits and watches quietly.
Triston Tollett
Triston Tollett

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:45 am

Lord Frey, Awareness TN 12: 4d6k4 14 Success

Jon noticed something off about Lord Forrest at the mention of Lord Dunstan. He considered for a moment pursuing it but decided to wait for a later time when the two were alone.

[ooc]Jon will ask Forrest about Dunstan in private during the course of the evening.[/ooc]

Jon gladly accepted the next round of drinks from Forrest and toasted along with the men at the table, "May the Warrior watch over us."

When Ereth mentioned Wyl Jon added, "Aye, dragons are the most dangerous weapon on the battlefield. As if their dragon flame isn't enough their strength and resilience is unmatched. I too saw what it did to the Wyl's siege weapons. Vhagar lifted that catapult like it was a rag doll." Jon had scaled the walls of Castle Wyl and had seen first hand the violent bloodiness of siege warfare. "But with all the power a dragon and his rider possess in the end it was the common soldier and knights who scaled the walls and carried the day."

[ooc]I know we're still resolving Seven Against Wyl but scaling the walls is going to happen eventually.[/ooc]

Seeing Ereth's stare Jon added a conciliatory comment, "But war has a way of affecting us all. We just have to find a way to deal with those memories. A veteran once told me 'The best way to stay sane in war is to go a little crazy'. Who knows how true it is..." Jon trailed off and took a drink.

As the group talked Jon brought up a touchy subject, "Apologies for asking my lords, but what happened earlier with the Shieldmaiden? I was told you," Jon was referring to Lord Forrest, "were an advocate for her. Why would she say something like that to you my lord?"
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:41 pm

"Her recent string of successes got her thinking she must be untouchable or somehow protected, considering she has lord Coldbrook and Drakeson at her back. She probably thinks she can throw insults knowing the silver tongued Drakeson will smooth things out or using her liege lord wit to think of something for her, but it does not last forever, one mistake will can be the end of more than one if they are not careful, and I thought of reminding her place before she dragged us all into something worse than just a challenge" Ereth shrugs his shoulders "I'm getting drunk with this giant flagon's sized for dragons, but even if knights and lords more skilled than me speak ill of my lord I will make a stand to face them for my family" Ereth smiles at lord Frey and nods towards him.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Triston Tollett Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Triston is not very politically astute. He is actually quite willing to let Jon do the talking in this case, only adding, "A sharp tongue sometimes is answered with a shape blade." He didn't remember where he had heard that, probably somewhere at Sisterton. It sounded like a Sunderland saying.

He tries to downplay his words by simply not speaking again. Triston bows in deference to the others at the table and tries to appear eager to serve. After a while, he thinks that perhaps saying what he did was in poor taste. He personally didn't mean it as a threat. He did not know the woman and thought no ill will to her even as she spoke out of turn. Triston assumes she was drunk or .. well, a woman knight was odd enough. The Valeman didn't understand women anyway, let alone one posing as a man.
Triston Tollett
Triston Tollett

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:15 am

Jon sat and considered Lord Ereth's words, "Interesting." Jon rubbed his chin in thought, "Perhaps Mushroom's jests got the best of her and she blindly lashed out. Regardless her actions must have consequences. As my friend said a sharp tongue may be met with a sharp blade." Jon turned to Lord Frey, "My lord, when the time comes for a trial by combat if you are in need of a champion I humbly offer my services. Not that you need a champion but to a humble knight such as myself this seems to be a situation that is lose-lose for you."
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:47 pm

"It won't change even with your offer Ser Jon" Ereth looks at Jon squinting his eyes more in an effort to remain focused, as he slowly closes and opens his eye drinks are starting to kick in now for sure "The problem is lord Frey never had an issue with her to begin with or lord Drakeson or lord Coldbrook that I know of, but it was Ser Eoric Tully that knighted her so she felt probably indebted to defend the man" Ereth chuckles at how strange that sounds after he has said it "I do pity Ser Eoric if he is going to hide behind the shieldmaiden, but the problem is this feeds the greens, and shows that the blacks are not going to work well with each other, and this also puts lord Frey at some odds with his good friend lord Drakeson." Ereth rubs his chin before taking another drink "You know, I feel more bad for him now that I think about it. Torn between two friends that are not friends, and a she knight willing to drive a sword no less against one of them to defend the other, but don't worry my lord I will put myself in danger before any sword can reach you here or any battlefield" Ereth smiles and drinks until it empties his flagon of ale.

"Now I could need a man of such mettle in the service of my House Ser Jon and Ser Triston" Ereth chuckles, knowing they won't accept, but acknowledging their skill, specially Ser Jon if he was that good of a jouster.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down