Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prior to Phase 1.0: A Hunt Among The Greens

2 posters

Go down

Prior to Phase 1.0: A Hunt Among The Greens Empty Prior to Phase 1.0: A Hunt Among The Greens

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Luecian entered the River Gate returning from a short excursion in the Kingswood. Hunting without the King's permission had seemed unwise, so the huntsman had merely explored the forest as an excuse to escape the confines of the city for a time. He had been in the city a few days and had developed the habit of exiting to the Kingswood each morning for a time before returning to the city and its charms. He would likely soon be sent of to War with the other men, so a wise man learned to enjoy himself while he could. No doubtin the city be sinfully glorious in its entertainments but escaping the stink for a time in this great wood be a blessing. Mayhaps even Ser Walton can be getting us an invitation to hunt it a morning while we're here.

"Master Luecian Longbow?"

He was interrupted from his thoughts by a lad addressing him near the gate's entrance. The lad wore green with a red huntsman across his chest marking him as likely a page for the House who's badge he bore. Only be knowing one house with a red huntsman as its mark, House Tarly of the Reach. House of Ser Alayne, who me friend Ser Tymon had squired for in his youth.

Knowledge Check-Heraldry TN 3 Recongize House Tarly Sigil: 2d6 6 Pass recognize Badge of House Tarly
(I treated House Tarly as a Great House for the check based on Lord Tarly seeming to have a status => 6)

"Master Luecian Longbow?" the page inquired again, seeming a bit nervous.  Luecian shook his head to clear his thoughts, likely sending a mixed signal as he shortly replied. "Aye lad that be me name, what can I be doing for ya this day?"

The page's face broke into a small grin as he moved forward his handing grasping a folded sheet of paper. " Master Luecian, I was sent to deliver a message to you from Ser Alayne Tarly." He handed the note to Luecian who took it but made no sign of opening it.

Bluff TN 9- Tarly Page: 4d6k3 10

"Its been a late night and an early mornin lad, mind giving me the gist of it if ye be knowin?" Luecian did his best to not let on to the lad that he likely wouldn't be able to read a bit of the note. The septon had tried to teach him his letters but he wasn't one to sit still for long(well without a bottle or a game going...) and the tricky marks seemed to move back and forth to his mind, never staying firmly where others seemed to be seeing them.

"Aye, Ser Alayne would be inviting yourself to hunt with him in the Kingswood on the morn Master Luecian." Lady Luck be with me again, just when I was hopin for a good hunt in the woods before we set off soon. Luecian smiled broadly and replied his acceptance to the page. " Surely meself would be honored to hunt alongside the famed Ser Alayne. Please be passin me agreement and thanks to his gracious invite."

Luecian gave the lad a couple silver stags in thanks for delivering his message so well, part in excited thanks and part for passing the message along in words freely. He was certain the lad was telling the truth but he'd have Septon Arlyn read it later just to be certain it was no trick or such.

He spent the rest of the day subtly asking around about Ser Alayne when he could slip a question or two in random conversation.
Streetwise-About Ser Alayne: 3d6 9

Having found no issue with the note, Luecian returned the next morning to wait by the River Gate as his unexpected companion arrived. Not everyday ya get a chance to be huntin with one of the greatest knights in the realm. Surely today be a story to tell any kids meself might be havin eh.

(Offseason reward from Luecian's song, From a time perspective I have this slotted as occuring before the official Phase 1 events begin. Feel free to let me know if I should change anything.)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Prior to Phase 1.0: A Hunt Among The Greens Empty Re: Prior to Phase 1.0: A Hunt Among The Greens

Post by Reader Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Ser Alayne proved a tireless, powerful companion on the hunt, slaying a boar with a single spear thrust. Luecian would wager the man was a strong as Ser Luthor Largent of the Kingsguard himself, even if he lacked the giant goldcloak's height.

He is clean shaven, immaculately turned out for the hunt but taking no care of his clothes as their pursuit of their quarry takes it toll on his finery.

Despite the gap in status between the men, he conversed freely with Luecian as they hunted.

"By the Seven, it is good to meet a man who lives up to the tales! We have already tested ourselves against a full day of pursuit, and the sun has only just reached its midpoint."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Prior to Phase 1.0: A Hunt Among The Greens Empty Re: Prior to Phase 1.0: A Hunt Among The Greens

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:17 pm

"Surely it be a hunt to proud of, and a fine day spent enjoying a shared pursuit. Ser in all truth you be as deft and fierce with a boar spear as yer reputation knows ye to be with a lance."

(Going in for the intrigue...)

Initiative-Status(Repuation) Ser Alayne Tarly: 3d6k2 8
Objective: Charm/Friendship
Intrigue Defense: 9
Disposition: Amiable DR 3
Composure 9
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:47 pm

Initiative: Status (repuation): 7d6k5+2 23
Objective: ?
Intrigue Defence: 10 [15 in round 1, anointed]
Disposition: Indifferent
Composure: 9
Round 1: Read target: 3d6 9
Round 2: Read target: 3d6 13
Round 3: Persuade (Charm): 10#6d6k4 18 18 15 10 21 18 16 18 18 12
- 3 Damage per DoS
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:55 am

Rd 1 read target vs Luecian fails(9/9)
Round 1: Charm Influence-Ser Alayne Tarly Rd 1 TN 15: 6d6k6+2 18
BOA reroll Rd 1-Ser Alayne Charm: 1d6 6
6d6k6+2: 18 [6d6k6=[6, 6, 5, 2, 1, 1]]=23+1=24 2 DoS, 5 per DoS(*Compelling)= 10-4 DR= 6 Influence hit to Ser Alayne(3/9)

Rd2 read target vs Luecian succeeds(9/9)
Round 2:Charm Influence-Ser Alayne Tarly Rd 2 TN 10: 6d6k6+2 29 +1 = 30 4 Dos, 5 per DoS(*Compelling)=20 -4=16 Influence hit to Ser Alayne(9 pts frusteration leaves 7 remaining dmg to his 3 remaining composure. I believe that should end it)

If needed:
Rd3 Luecian would take 3 Influence hit, drop to 6/9.
Round 3:Charm Influence-Ser Alayne Tarly Rd 3+ TN 10: 8#6d6k6+2 22 28 19 23 22 28 17 21
BOA reroll Rd 3-Ser Alayne Charm: 1d6 2 =23 +1 =24 3 DoS, 5 per DoS(*Compelling)=15 -4=11 Influence

(Will add RP shortly)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:43 pm

The knight’s eyes seemed to regard the huntsman carefully as they conversed. Luecian talked on at a comfortable pace, his companion’s scrutiny seemingly unnoticed.

"Surely it be a hunt to proud of, and a fine day spent enjoying a shared pursuit. Ser in all truth you be as deft and fierce with a boar spear as yer reputation knows ye to be with a lance."

“Honest truth Ser that was likely the most effective strike on a boar these eyes have seen. The pair of us out hunting on a day should strike fear into the heart of any boar, stag or fiercer beast within miles. Much obliged for yer invitation and boon companionship on the day Ser, it was a rare honor for meself and one I will not be takin lightly."

"If ever ye find yerself near Stony Heath, hopin ye allow meself to return the favor by hosting a hunt in me home lands. Boar is plenty, stag can normally be found and bear or shadowcat be not unheard of on any given day."

It was rare for a noble of such renowned status to take interest in one such as himself but for this day, in these woods…they were just two talented and companionable hunters. Each of them rejoicing in the display of skill and efficiency of the other while bantering pleasantly throughout.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down