Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Phase 1, Arts] Connoisseurs

2 posters

Go down

[Phase 1, Arts] Connoisseurs Empty [Phase 1, Arts] Connoisseurs

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:48 pm

There never were any question for Theomore whether to be here or not, political undertones aside, both the choice of songs and the rival event set up by Lady Heloise. Frankly, the self-aggrandizing songs of the bowman he did not even like, oh sure, they were catchy enough and he recognized them for what they did, but they simply did not appeal to his tastes. But his choice this evening had little to do with his preferences and everything to do with his previous choices, it would be disrespectful of Lord Unwin, who's son happens to be Theomore's squire, not to attend the concert. That might not help put any minds at Dragonstone at ease, though ultimately, it does not matter. Besides, why go watch the troupe, all of King's Landing is a stage, and all it's men and women are players.

Clad in a blue velvet doublet, he does not stand out, elegant and well groomed but nothing eye-catching, garbed to fit in with the assembled nobles. Much how he prefers, suitable to mingle and greet old acquaintances, and make new ones. He moves fluidly through the gathering, handshakes, bows and smiles, as if drawn to her it does not take him long to quickly find his way to Ayleth. Hardly surprising. "You are looking lovely this evening, my lady." She always looked lovely, but what else was he supposed to say?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Phase 1, Arts] Connoisseurs Empty Re: [Phase 1, Arts] Connoisseurs

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:26 pm

"Ser Theomore, what a joy to see you again" Ayleth said brightly, smiling. "You are too kind. Looking forward to the performance, I hope." Although Ayleth's mind was awhirl with the political importance of each visitor to Lord Unwin's event, she was looking for to relaxing and enjoying the performance.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:00 pm

"Any man who does not treat my lady with kindness would be a very cruel man." Theomore lightens up at her being pleased to see him. "I believe it is something to look forward to indeed! I suspect that my lady already has heard that Lord Unwin has arranged for a gilded harp made by master Stannis of Oldtown, they say it is his finest work and that it's sound has no match. Though I must admit that my ear is likely not capable of noticing the difference." A thought comes to him, for anyone else he would not even considering it, well he would for Floreta or Yve, but other than that, no, not unless there would be something for him in it. Not too long ago, the possibility of certain gifts in return would likely suffice. "If my lady so wishes, I could ask Lord Unwin if he would be so kind as to allow her to play a few songs on it later."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:08 am

"I'm glad you seem to be as excited for the performance as I am" Ayleth replied. She smiled wishfully when Theomore talked about the harp. "I had heard. Regrettably, my lord husband has different plans for our House's wealth than instruments. Quite wonderful in their own right, but not the same."

Ayleth gasped with girlish excitement when Theomore implied he might be able to get her a chance to play Unwin's harp. "Oh, heavens, that would be wonderful. I do so wish, good ser.. if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you." Careful, Ayleth. As much as you enjoy music, this is scarcely a cause to call in favors.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:37 pm

"There is no harm in asking Lord Unwin if he might be so kind, my lady, and I expect the chance to speak to him will present itself, his son happens to be my squire, so I should hope that I can consider him among my friends." Theomore smiles, the only thing that might make matters difficult could be that the harp should be handled with care. The sturdiness of harps had never crossed his mind as knowledge worth seeking "I trust all is well at Hart House?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:58 am

"If you teach your squire to be as gallant to noble ladies as you yourself are, he will become a popular knight indeed" Ayleth said gratefully. She returned Theomore's smile. "Oh yes, very well. In fact, my lord husband has some plans for us soon." Actually, they were Ayelth's plans, but it was only respectful to attribute them to her husband.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Gallant to noble ladies, now that was one way of putting it, though there were many reasons as to why his squire perhaps ought not become quite as comfortable interacting with them as himself. "My lady is too kind, but I should be proud to see him grow to be deserving of such praise."

"It is good to hear, if I might be of assistance, then please let me know, my lady."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 am

"I'm sure he will, with you for a teacher."
"Well, we were hoping to put on a grand party for the nobility of the realm. House Bartheld is famous for our hospitality, even if our events are not quite as... raucous as they were in the past. We would be most glad for you to attend and any of your allies you think would enjoy such an event." Parties were much more Ayleth's style than her husband's, but he hadn't been too difficult to persuade.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 pm

"If it pleases my lady, I shall endure her party." Theomore replies with added theatrics, anybody knowing him half as well as the Barthelds did was well aware that he was quite fond of parties and social gatherings of all kinds. "I imagine a few friends of mine that would be delighted to come, and some that I might drag along anyway." Like Alayne Tarly, espescially Alayne Tarly.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:11 am

Ayleth laughs. "I shall endeavor not to tax your endurance to too great a degree, ser."

Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:18 pm

"My lady shall be permitted to tax it as much as she likes." Theomore retorts quickly with the slightest hint of a wink, balancing on the right side of propriety, though toying with the line.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Tue May 02, 2017 10:59 am

Ayleth smiled. "You are a brave man, Ser Theomore. I can be very taxing. In my younger days I could drive my lord father to distraction with the trouble I could get in to."
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue May 02, 2017 12:56 pm

"If my lady intends to intrigue me, she has succeeded." Theomore, against his better intentions, steps a tiny bit closer, nothing too noticeable, something he had done a hundred times before. "The very image of a proper lady, kind, modest, courtly, gentle. And here she confesses to things no proper lady, however young she might be, should partake in." It sounds like an approval. He knew there was a reason he liked her, he can guess why that side no longer can be seen. A reason to put down the Triarchy dogs, a cause worth fighting for, unlike his own personal gains or the failed wishes of an equally failed king.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Thu May 04, 2017 11:53 am

Ayleth blushed, wondering if she had said too much. She could get carried away with her teasing. "I was very young. Behind most proper ladies is a septa who taught a silly girl." She remembered sneaking through the halls of her father's castle as a child. She could still pick locks if she ever had a reason to, but it certainly wasn't a skill she advertised.
She smiled when Theomore enumerated her apparent virtues. "I hope you still consider me those things, Ser Theomore. Modesty is the most important to cultivate, I feel. One can insist they posses other virtues... but the more one insists they posses modesty, the less they have" she said, keeping the mood light
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat May 06, 2017 7:24 pm

"Only a fool would consider such things as a lady did as a silly girl when thinking of her present virtues." Theomore chuckles. "I prefer to be clever, my lady."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Thu May 11, 2017 10:50 am

"It's certainly important. But some people don't appreciate cleverness in ladies."
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down