Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open)

+2
Benedict Marsten
Dunstan Tullison
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: [Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (O

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:10 pm

A good many of the men at arms rise in support. Not one small folk moves or breathes. The remaining men at arms stand without aggression, but do not seem to feel the same way. One in particular shouts. "
You are on the wrong side of the river good Ser."

The anguished innkeep screams. "
No blood! No steel!"

[url=initiative brawl][/url]: 4#2d6 7 6 10 8

[url=Initiative brawl][/url]: 3d6 10
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: [Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (O

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Dunstan looks at his uncle, and at the frightened inkeeper.
Standing up with a mug in his hand he said furiously:
"
Let us settle this matter like men, Bracken. If you have a pinch of honor choose a champion to duel with me outside, or I will throw you in that river you speak of."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Theomore rises slowly, with calm composure. He doesn't plan on fighting if it can be avoided, but nor does he wish to be caught up in a brawl unprepared if that's the way things are headed.

[url=Iniative if needed][/url]: 3d6k2 9
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:50 pm

The "
offender"
smiles widely showing a missing tooth. "
Aight. How bout the lot o'us"
he jerks is thumb over his shoulder to indicate the other three Brackens. "
'Gainst the lot o'ya. No blades, just fist, t'last standing. Losers take a swim."
He points back at the table of now standing three individuals.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Dunstan rushes out of the door as fast as the wind with his fists clenched.

"
Let's go! Ben, uncle - let's make them swim!"
he is obviously lost in rage and can't wait to give the Brackens a proper beating.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:23 pm

"
No stomach for a fist-fight without your friends?"
Theomore takes a sip from his cup, declaring to the room. "
What a brave specimen we have before us!"

[url=Deceptive Taunt][/url]: 5d6k4+3 23

OOC: Theomore wants a one on one between Dunstan and the offender, and hopes to shame him into it.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:20 pm

[OOC: simple intrigue here, so Theomore succeeds in forcing a one on one confrontation. I'll stay out of the RP here for now and let you guys roll this out as it's just the prelude. Standard "
guard"
statistics, Athletics 4. Awareness 3 (Notice 1B), Endurance 3, Fighting 4 (Pole-Arms 1B).

EDIT - changed to Hedge knight statistics]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:08 am

Upon hearing Theomore's words the "
Offender's"
smile turns to a menacing glare. "
I'll whip the whelp alone, but your all gone swimmin' when I put his prick in the dirt! Got that big mouth?"
He stare daggers at Theomore and then turns for the door his lackeys in tow.

As the crowd, now in a tizzy, flows out the door to see the spectacle, Ben leans into to be heard by Theomore. "
You watch Dunstan, I'll keep my eye on the other three."

OoC: I suggest we keep same initiatives with Theomore, Ben and 3 Brackens possibly delaying.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:04 am

Dunstan decides to use the advantage the Offender provided him and tries to grab his opponent in a head lock. Unfortunately, he wiggles away and the attempt remains unsuccessful.

Greater Action: Grab vs. Offender

[url=Grab vs. Offender][/url]: 4d6 14

Hp: 9
Cd: 9
I/W: 0/0
AR: 0

OOC: Edited because I didn't beat his passive Athletics, previously thought it is Endurance I have to beat.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:51 am

Nathan and those with him make their way past the crowd and enter the vacated Inn, ignoring the fight outside. The only people that remain are the two serving girls, the innkeeper, and an elderly hedge knight whose intense interest in his ale exceeds all other concerns. Removing his gloves, the young man glances about the main room. The wreckage of the recently abandoned festivities are clearly apparent.

"
Sorry,"
says the innkeeper, wringing his hands and glancing out the doorway, "
but we are full up tonight."

"
Calm yourself, Goodman."
smiles Nathan. "
Neither I nor my friends have ever had a problem finding a bed."

"
And yours will involve a large amount of hay if I'm any judge."
quipped the young swordsman behind him.

Nathan smiled faintly. "
Adraeya. The innkeeper and his young ladies seem a bit overwhelmed."

The dark-haired Dornish woman smiled. "
Come ladies."
said Adreaya to her two companions. "
While they swing around their manhoods outside, let us take the opportunity to clean up some of this mess."
The three women immediately moved to start clearing tables of empty glasses and setting the room to rights.

"
Don't worry."
smiled Nathan to the Innkeeper. "
My friends are very experienced at serving men. It could be worse. They could be fighting in here. I suggest you go open a few more kegs. Men are always thirstier after they have bashed each other around a bit."

"
Milord-"
stammered the innkeeper.

"
Nathan. My name is Nathan."

"
Nathan, I appreciate your offer but-"

"
Do you think you need help, innkeeper?"

The man glanced outside again and then back at the women who were now efficiently putting the room back to rights. "
Yes."
he replied.

"
Then you would be foolish to refuse help freely given. You don't look like a foolish man."

The innkeeper smiled uncertainly and returned to his bar.

"
Well. I'm going to go watch the fight."
said the swordsman.

"
Fine. I'm going to go-"

"
Check on your horse?"
finished the young man with a broad grin.

Nathan smiled wryly, but left with no further comment.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:23 pm

Dunstan_Tullison wrote:Dunstan decides to use the advantage the Offender provided him and tries to grab his opponent in a head lock. Unfortunately, he wiggles away and the attempt remains unsuccessful.

Greater Action: Grab vs. Offender

[url=Grab vs. Offender][/url]: 4d6 14

Hp: 9
Cd: 9
I/W: 0/0
AR: 0

OOC: Edited because I didn't beat his passive Athletics, previously thought it is Endurance I have to beat.

Did you see Readers edit? We are using Hedge Knight stats instead of guard. Athletics 3d passive would be 12, correct?
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:26 pm

OOC: My apologies Ser:)

Dunstan rushes the Offender in full force, grabbing his head and prisoning him in a tight head lock.

"
You're mine now, knave!"
he bellows.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:36 pm

An erruption of cheers and jeers go up from the masses. The "
lackeys"
look back and forth to each other nervously, appearing antsy.

The Offender trys to break free of Dunstan.

[url=Escape Grab][/url]: 4d6 18

OoC: I believe Dunstan you will need to oppose this with a fighting(brawl) roll
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:48 pm

The wicked Offender wiggles and tries to pulls himself out of Dunstan's arms, but the young Lord subdues his efforts with a strong defining hit to his cheek.

[url=Grab vs. Offender][/url]: 4d6 21

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:14 pm

OOC: You also did two damage on the first grab attempt, seeing that it's both an attack and a grab. Now you get to hit him again, and now he's at -5 Combat Defense. Might I suggest a two weapon attack as a greater action? Since fists are both brawling and off-hand weapons. That way you could deal 2 damage per DoS, instead of 1. Getting 7 on the roll should be enough to punch him out.

Theomore looks at the brawl with fascination, of course, it would have been much better to simply have avoided a brawl altogether, but this seemed to work out well even so.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:27 pm

OoC: according to section(GoT pg158) on grab you can only attack with off-handoff-hand
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:31 pm

OOC: Grab or off-hand weapon. So squeeze hard with grabbing hand, and then hit him hard with the other should work.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:46 pm

After a calming punch to the cheek, Dunstan decides it is time for the insolent buffoon to bite the ground. Gathering his strength he squeezes the Offender's neck and deals a devastating blow to the back of his head.

[url=Two handed attack vs. Offender][/url]: 4d6 20

OOC: 4 DoS, 1 damage + 1 off hand = 8 damage;
Book says - While you grab an opponent, you cannot move, and you may only
make attacks against that opponent using a Grab or Off-hand weapon - what I don't know is do you have to use a free action to free him of my grab before making a Two Handed attack, if that is the case I will free him.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:59 pm

OoC:I would think in order to use two weapon attack yes you would need to release him with a free action which would give him back normal CD.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:05 pm

OOC: With that roll, it doesn't really matter, he's out either way. But I'd rule it such that you can do two handed attack while grabbing, long as it's within the restrictions (brawling or off-hand). You do get a pretty good effect out of holding someone in place so that impact is greater.

"
It seems our friends are in need of a cooldown! "
Theomore declares in triumph. "
To the river! And then a round of ale on me!"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:56 pm

The well entertained group pick up the "
offender"
and lead the "
lackeys"
to the river singing "
Six maids in a pool"
, with a few fitting lyric changes.

OoC : Yeah either way it was lights out. Just something for Reader to maybe look at for future rulings.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Dunstan catches a breath and proceeds to run to the riverbank, in order to observe the crowd throwing the Brackens into the water.

"
That will teach the not to misbehave, ha!"
enthusiastically he says to his uncle Theomore, not realizing how this singe act of aggression will only make things worst for peasants around here when he and the entourage pack up and leave for Riverrun..

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:29 pm

"
Or to pick their next fight with someone not named Tullison"
Theomore gives him a thump on the shoulder. Taking a look to assure himself that the four men won't drown, he starts making his way back. "
I'll be returning to my stew before it gets cold."
he declares, walking away while the rest are cheering so that he may get in before the crowd starts thickening inside.

Back inside, he promptly waves Aimee over to place the order of a round of ale for all, giving a nod of recognition to Nathan and then his attention turns to his stew.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:21 pm

Ben gives Dunstan's other shoulded a hard shove. "
Perhaps we should have let you challenge all of them. I have not even broke a sweat. Come fill your belly with ale and food."
Ben turns to return to the inn.

Once inside he returns to his seat, smiling to Theomore. "
Keeping him alive and in check must be a demanding job."
His eyes scan the inn, observing the newcomers. "
Do you still intend to stay here for the evening?"

Aimee delivers Theomore's tables drinks first. Keeping her eyes averted from Theomore, the blood still rosie in her cheeks. "
Anything else Ser?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:55 pm

"
There is a bed under proper roof here, or bedroll under canvas there."
Theomore smiles without much worry on his face, seemingly shrugging off the comment about watching over Dunstan as if he'd heard it before a bit too many times. "
And I have a weakness for small comforts."

"
It would seem as if I ordered another cup before I finished my first one"
Theomore smiles at Aimee, gently testing the waters by lifting up her cheek with a fingertip to align her gaze with his. Telling her with his eyes that she should not hide her face. "
So not at present, no. But perhaps you might be kind enough to ask again once the rest of the room has been served?"
He lets his eyes linger on her until she pulls away. Shy, maybe even innocent. That was Theomore's favorite sort.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: [Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next