Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open)

+2
Benedict Marsten
Dunstan Tullison
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open) - Page 3 Empty Re: [Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (O

Post by Dunstan Tullison Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:45 pm

Dunstan lets go a loud laugh as the men fall into the river and comes back to the inn surrounded with peasants, enjoying the newly formed festive atmosphere, shaking hands and chanting alongside them.
As Theomore already bought drinks for everyone all he could do was raise a cup in the air, and make a toast:

"
To our gracious hosts may their ale always be good and their Inn full!"
he says and takes a long chug from the mug;

"
And to our dear weakling ruffians as well, may their clothes be soaked and may the currents of Red Fork carry them to Saltpans quickly!!"
he finishes with yet another loud laugh.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open) - Page 3 Empty Re: [Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (O

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:34 pm

The revelry has erupted through the inn. Laughter permeates the air. Aimee and her companion are now aided by newcomers.
The innkeeper seems much more relaxed, his paunchy smile sincere, with the mood shift.

Groups have taken up activities in opposite ends of the room.

Near the hearth the crowd gathers round a grizzled old man, more hair on his chin then his ever growing forehead. He sings a raunchy song, of his own creation, of youth and inexperience. When finished A young smallfolk boy with a pock marked face steps to the center. Firing back with his own song belaying the sexual failings of the old. He stumbles with his lyrics at points and his rhythm is off. The on lookers laugh at his fumbles. The old man steps back to the center. "
Any real challengers?"

Westrosi freestyle competition:
Lyrics/rythym - cunning TN 9
Impress the crowd - persuade TN 12

Over the singing the grunts of struggle can be heard along with cheers. A large man in a roughspun with greasy hair, laughs boisterously as he slams a sellswords hand to the table. He then downs the ale in his other hand. "
Who wants the nexting beating?"

Arm wrestling competition:
Opposed Athletics test
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Dusntan claps his hands at the old man's song when he spots the arm wrestlers. Eager to test his strength once again tonight, the enthusiastic Lord approaches the previous victor:

"
I will give it a go!"
he says and sits down across him, pulling his tunic sleeve above elbow and placing the arm on the desk filled with puddles of spilled ale.

[url=Arm wrestle][/url]: 5d4k4 12

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:50 pm

The bear of a man gives a great friendly smile. "
Ah the days hero! Dont think I'll be takin' an easy on ya on account that. My name's Ahrn. No cryin'. Alright?"

[url=Arm Wrestling][/url]: 5d6k3 8

A look of raw shock glazes over Ahrn. His eyes begin to slightly water but he uses the last of his strength to compose himself. "
Aint never been beat. Specially by no noble boy ... I mean congratulations m'lord.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Nathan had slipped back into the Inn while all laughed at the young lad and his attempt to show up the elderly singer. He sat down at a small table in the corner with Davydd and the now heavily snoring old hedge Knight.

Davydd pulled a strand of hay from Nathan's hair and smiled. His look said 'I see you found a place to sleep tonight.'

As if in reply, Nathan got up and went to the hearth. "
I doubt that I will be as good as you Minstrel, but if you know 'The maiden's Joust'?

The song was ostensibly about a young woman who disguises herself as a knight to enter a joust, but it is full of seduction and innuendo. It ends with the maiden getting lanced and thrown on her back, but she wins by making off with the prize.

[url=Remember Song][/url]: 4d6 9

[url=Impress the Crowd][/url]: 5d6r1k4 17

At the end, much of the room is laughing, and some are eying the young ladies of the room with a degree of hunger.

Accepting the crowd's appreciation with a nod, and a nod of respect to the elder minstrel, Nathan returns to his seat.

"
You like to stir up shit. Don't you."
drawled Davydd.

Nathan's face was a mask of innocence. "
I have no idea what you mean?"
smiled Nathan. "
Adraeya and the others can take care of themselves. Besides, if they all keep drinking as fast as they are, they won't be in much shape to do anything in about an hour."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:25 am

At the arm wrestling table Ahrn has recovered from his loss and seems to look upon Dunstan with a boyish admiration. "
Where do you hail form m'lord? It must be a hard place where they grow their nobles this tough."
The folks sitting around murmur and whisper in approval.

Aimee returned to the Tullison table with a full ale and sets it before Theomore , seeming more relaxed and with a look of confidence. "
Well Ser, it seems that once the blood is burning some find their courage and the singers come out of the woodwork."
At that she smiles playfully. "
Surely a brave and travelled man as your self can woo us with a song."

Ben rises from his seat across form Theomore, his eyes on the singers and their crowd. "
Excuse me Ser Theomore, my curiosity has been peaked."
He casually makes his way over behind Nathaniel and the sellsword and kneels to be on eye level with the seated pair. "
Pardon me gentlemen, but I do not remember seeing you before the swimming lessons were given outside. Are you and your ... friends"
he looks around the room observing each of the girls. "
traveling to Riverrun for the tournament? "
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:09 am

Nathan's blue eye's sparkle in the torchlight and he flashes a gleaming white smile. He has the easy manner of one used to speaking with strangers. His glance quickly takes in the thick muscles, broad shoulders, threadbare cloak, and various scars, but this is assessment, not judgement.

"
Yes,"
replies Nathan. "
The tournament draws both warrior and spectator alike from across the Seven Kingdoms. Adraeya is very fond of the melee. I admit I am more partial to the athletic contests of the common folk. I assume an experienced warrior such as yourself will be participating?"
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:47 am

Bens head nods as he listens. "
I hope to go some distance in the joust and melee, but I will not be champion any time soon. The athletic competitions do have an adventurous appeal. Surely my cousin will find great joy in them."
He glances back to his jovial cousin at the table of smallfolk previously arm wrestling. "
Where are you and your companions coming from?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:55 am

"
We are from the Reach."
replies Nathan absently as he follows Ben's gaze. "
Ah yes. Well the older man I certainly recognize. That's Ser Theomore Tullison. The younger man I don't know. Which is your cousin?"
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:14 am

Benedict Blackthorne wrote:At the arm wrestling table Ahrn has recovered from his loss and seems to look upon Dunstan with a boyish admiration. "
Where do you hail form m'lord? It must be a hard place where they grow their nobles this tough."
The folks sitting around murmur and whisper in approval. "

Dunstan tries to look as mature as possible, even though his instinct would be to jump up with both his hands in the air because he bested the grizzled opponent.

"
I am Dunstan, Dunstan Tullison. That right there is my uncle Theomore Tullison and right next to him my old friend Ben."
Dusntan says, overjoyed to have met a new friend,

"
We hail from Mountain's Reach, a castle nestled on the edge of Mountains of the Moon. Thank you for the kind words stranger, as our House words say "
Stone endures"
and so must we! You gave me quite a challenge, my arm still hurts!' Where hail you from, and what is your profession?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:42 pm

"
Oh, I have not had so much to drink yet as to match these others in courage."
Theomore grins teasingly. "
Perhaps you would hold my hand to help with that?"
He doesn't hesitate to twirl her into his lap, gently and seemingly harmless, but swift enough that she ends up on his arm before realizing what he's doing. Sometimes they will extricate themselves, but those are the ones less likely to be wooed by him in the first place, so Theomore hazards the risk. His feeling is that this one won't object to it. Nor does he give her much time to consider it either. He won't hinder her if she tries to get out, but nor does he plan on making it too easy. "
As it happens, I do believe I know my lord nephew's favorite, and I am a passable enough singer not to ruin anyone's ears."

Theomore voice is of deep pitch, and his "
Oh, Lay My Sweet Lass Down in the Grass"
is of a slower tune than usual, while he can sing, he must adjust the melody to his voice to make the song sound good. But if there is something he does know, it is to make a girl believe the song is about her, and he cares less about the room than about Aimee at this moment.

[url=cunning for lyrics][/url]: 3d6 [url=destiny point +1b][/url]: 11
[url=impress the crowd][/url]: 5d6k4 12
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:"
We are from the Reach."
replies Nathan absently as he follows Ben's gaze. "
Ah yes. Well the older man I certainly recognize. That's Ser Theomore Tullison. The younger man I don't know. Which is your cousin?"

Ben smiles at Nathan's mention of knowledge of Ser Theomore, sure that it was those "
small comforts"
that made the two acquainted. "
The younger. He is a bit of a romantic for the small folk way of life."
He looks on Dunstan with seriousness, his affection evident.

As Ben's eyes return to his current company, he notices Theomore's actions. "
It appears Ser Theomore will be saving his coin this evening and depriving one of your friends of his companionship."
A sly grin creeps onto his face.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Dunstan Tullison wrote:

Dunstan tries to look as mature as possible, even though his instinct would be to jump up with both his hands in the air because he bested the grizzled opponent.

"
I am Dunstan, Dunstan Tullison. That right there is my uncle Theomore Tullison and right next to him my old friend Ben."
Dusntan says, overjoyed to have met a new friend,

"
We hail from Mountain's Reach, a castle nestled on the edge of Mountains of the Moon. Thank you for the kind words stranger, as our House words say "
Stone endures"
and so must we! You gave me quite a challenge, my arm still hurts!' Where hail you from, and what is your profession?"

He continues his look of awe at Dunstan's words. "
I'm a fisherman from a small village west of here. Pulling nets and rowing give me these."
He flexes his arms, laughing at his self. "
I've met few nobles, but those I have are soft and not pleasant to deal with. This mountains reach most be a great place. Do you have rivers nearby?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:"
Oh, I have not had so much to drink yet as to match these others in courage."
Theomore grins teasingly. "
Perhaps you would hold my hand to help with that?"
He doesn't hesitate to twirl her into his lap, gently and seemingly harmless, but swift enough that she ends up on his arm before realizing what he's doing. Sometimes they will extricate themselves, but those are the ones less likely to be wooed by him in the first place, so Theomore hazards the risk. His feeling is that this one won't object to it. Nor does he give her much time to consider it either. He won't hinder her if she tries to get out, but nor does he plan on making it too easy. "
As it happens, I do believe I know my lord nephew's favorite, and I am a passable enough singer not to ruin anyone's ears."

Theomore voice is of deep pitch, and his "
Oh, Lay My Sweet Lass Down in the Grass"
is of a slower tune than usual, while he can sing, he must adjust the melody to his voice to make the song sound good. But if there is something he does know, it is to make a girl believe the song is about her, and he cares less about the room than about Aimee at this moment.
:
[url=cunning for lyrics][/url]: 3d6 [url=destiny point +1b][/url]: 11:
[url=impress the crowd][/url]: 5d6k4 12

The crowd displays their pleasure at Theomore's performance, but for Aimee she cannot hear it. Her world has shrank to a tiny bubble containing one chair, one girl and one man. Adjusting to her new seat upon Theomore's lap, she grasps the new ale she had brought with her in both tiny hands, shaking ever so slightly. Then quickly tilts the cup back. Her cheeks swelling and esophagus muscles visibly rippling in her throat. Slamming the mug down she wipes her lips with the back of her hand.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:20 pm

Benedict Blackthorne wrote:
Ben smiles at Nathan's mention of knowledge of Ser Theomore, sure that it was those "
small comforts"
that made the two acquainted. "
The younger. He is a bit of a romantic for the small folk way of life."
He looks on Dunstan with seriousness, his affection evident.

As Ben's eyes return to his current company, he notices Theomore's actions. "
It appears Ser Theomore will be saving his coin this evening and depriving one of your friends of his companionship."
A sly grin creeps onto his face.

"
A romantic? Good. There should be more of those."
smiles Nathan as he takes a sip of his cider. "
Although if he lived as a small folk for any length of time it would likely spoil the illusion. There is very little romance in tilling fields or mucking out stables."

Davydd laughed. "
You're smallfolk and you've never done either of those things."

Nathan rolls his eyes. "
Excuse my friend. He likes to think he is amusing. He often is, if only to him."
He gazes indulgently at his sell-sword. "
I guarantee I've mucked out more stables than you have, Davydd."
His gaze shits back to Ben. "
My friend has spent all his adult life guarding brothels. A perfect profession for him as his appetites have always vastly exceeded his purse."

The sell-sword gives Nathan a sour look, but not with any seriousness.

"
I doubt Ser Theomore has ever had that problem."
he continues. "
It would seem all the Tullison men are pleasant in appearance, comfortable in their wealth and possess a degree of easy charm."

"
You're a better singer."
quips Davydd.

"
Which would only matter if we were in competition for the same audience."
smiles Nathan with a glance at Aimee. "
What of you Ser?"
smiles Nathan at Ben. "
Have you found any companionship for the evening? The girls are not actually working tonight, but the journey has probably been long for both of us, and I think Lysette might appreciate some attention. She has a weakness for strong, solid men."
Ben follows Nathan's gaze to they youngest of his companions, a pretty blonde with pale skin and slender figure.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:03 pm

Ben's shakes with quiet laughter at the twos banter. "
I feel your right about his view of small folk life. The hard work would not bother him, but the hardships inflicted by the Lords such as war may crush him."

He stands stretching. "
As to companionship, I fear my cousin is not the only romantic. As hard as it would be to turn down such a lovely girl as Lysette, the Lady of my hearts desire will be attendance at the tourney. Though my chances of catching her attention intimately are not even in the realm of possibility, as a knight I have that whole virtues and chivalry thing."
All the while his gaze follows Lysette.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Nathan rises as well. "
Do not confuse chivalry with celibacy my friend. A few moments of pleasure between two people need not be any more than that, and Lysette will certainly have no further expectations. That does not mean it can't be romantic, however fleeting."
Nathan ran a light finger down one of the scars of the Knight's arm. You are obviously well acquainted with the pains life can bring, the pleasures of life can be far more elusive. Especially if one actively avoids them."

With a smile to Ben, and a glance to Davydd, Nathan retires for the evening.

"
The truth is, Nathan's a romantic too."
grins the sell-sword. "
He just has a much broader definition than the rest of us."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:54 pm

He continues his look of awe at Dunstan's words. "
I'm a fisherman from a small village west of here. Pulling nets and rowing give me these."
He flexes his arms, laughing at his self. "
I've met few nobles, but those I have are soft and not pleasant to deal with. This mountains reach most be a great place. Do you have rivers nearby?"

"
No, not rivers, but a lot of mountain streams. Iron mines make our livelihood"
Dunstan says and, slightly woozy from the drink continues with the tale of House Tullison from the beginning, how Jonston earned his Lordship by protecting the people from the savage clans and not by right of birth or one machination or another, and how his Lord father died for the same ideals against the very same Brackens that are now enjoying a swim.

After the long and boisterous monologue the young Lord says:

"
We are headed to Riverrun now, for a grand Tourney. Can you wield a sword with those arms? Might use another Tullison champion in the melee, if you are willing to carry our sigil. We will provide the armor if you do accept."
Dunstan, under the influence of the infamous strong ale in the Inn and the general friendly atmosphere makes an offer to the rugged fisherman.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:41 am

"
You must be thirsty"
Theomore comments softly, himself not yet having started on the second cup brought to him, his hand nestling it's way around her waist to find the hip to rest upon. "
And I am curious, I have here a sweet lass, but I know very little about her, save that she likely does hail from around these parts."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:39 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:Nathan rises as well. "
Do not confuse chivalry with celibacy my friend. A few moments of pleasure between two people need not be any more than that, and Lysette will certainly have no further expectations. That does not mean it can't be romantic, however fleeting."
Nathan ran a light finger down one of the scars of the Knight's arm. You are obviously well acquainted with the pains life can bring, the pleasures of life can be far more elusive. Especially if one actively avoids them."

With a smile to Ben, and a glance to Davydd, Nathan retires for the evening.

"
The truth is, Nathan's a romantic too."
grins the sell-sword. "
He just has a much broader definition than the rest of us."

A fleeting memory plays through Ben's mind from long ago. A visible shiver passes down his spine, the touch, the memory or both. He shakes it off, with warming smile. His eyes divided between Lysette and Nathans departure. He then looks to Davydd. "
I think he may be able to sell sand to a Dornishman!"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:54 am

Dunstan Tullison wrote:

"
We are headed to Riverrun now, for a grand Tourney. Can you wield a sword with those arms? Might use another Tullison champion in the melee, if you are willing to carry our sigil. We will provide the armor if you do accept."
Dunstan, under the influence of the infamous strong ale in the Inn and the general friendly atmosphere makes an offer to the rugged fisherman.

Ahrn sits as if a young boy listening to tales of the Age of heroes. His jaw hangs open, his eyes riveted to Dunstan. Some nearby appear the same. If one thing is for sure the word of House Tullison will be spread. When done the other spellbound listeners all look to Ahrn as if he was just made king.

"
M'lord Dunstan I'ld be honored, but I ain't never done no fightin', especially with no sword. I wouldn't want to do you no dishonors. 'Sides I got a family around here to provide for."
His sadness was palpable. "
I-I'm sorry."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:07 am

Theomore Tullison wrote:"
You must be thirsty"
Theomore comments softly, himself not yet having started on the second cup brought to him, his hand nestling it's way around her waist to find the hip to rest upon. "
And I am curious, I have here a sweet lass, but I know very little about her, save that she likely does hail from around these parts."

"
No thirst, just liquid courage, the boys call it."
Aimee smiles at the saying. Then leaning back into the embrace she whispers into Theomore's ear. "
I am the daughter of a fisherman with to many mouths t'feed. I was sent t'work with my uncle."
She looks back over Theomore's shoulder. "
He's grateful you kept the peace earlier and kept me from harm."
She nuzzles into his neck. "
And so am I."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:59 am

hrn sits as if a young boy listening to tales of the Age of heroes. His jaw hangs open, his eyes riveted to Dunstan. Some nearby appear the same. If one thing is for sure the word of House Tullison will be spread. When done the other spellbound listeners all look to Ahrn as if he was just made king.

"
M'lord Dunstan I'ld be honored, but I ain't never done no fightin', especially with no sword. I wouldn't want to do you no dishonors. 'Sides I got a family around here to provide for."
His sadness was palpable. "
I-I'm sorry."

"
Nothing to be sorry about my friend, taking care of your family with honest work brings more honor than any tourney would."
Dunstan speaks between hiccups. Young Lord was not accustomed to drinking, and this night, with it's fair share of excitement and countless cups to match it has left a visible mark in his behavior.
Dunstan than stood up and approached Ben, in order to find out more about the young man he was speaking to earlier.

EDIT: Yes, sorry about that got a bit confused. Thank you Theomore and Nathaniel for pointing it out:)

Last edited by 115 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:12 pm

OOC: Now I am a bit confused. I was under the impression that your conversation with Ahrn was happening in parallel with Ben's conversation with Nathan. Ben came to Nathan's table, their conversation happened and then he retired for the night. Ben would have returned to the Tullison table. You might ask Ben about the young man, but Nathan did not join your table.

Edit: Not that meeting you wouldn't be a pleasure. Very Happy
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:45 am

"
A true knight defends the young and innocent, does he not?"
Theomore speaks softly to her, his hand wandering over to her thigh in a slow, but firm motion, his other arm to her side to adjust her position ever so slightly, allowing touch and closeness of body to do it's magic. And to avoid her noticing the arousal between his own legs. "
My first lesson as a squire, and something all knights are charged with when the sword touches their shoulders. I have a scar from Dark Sister on mine to remember it by."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open) - Page 3 Empty Re: [Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next