Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

125/12 Wedding Day (open)

+11
Gwyneth Drakeson
Theomore Tullison
Davain Bartheld
Daveth Coldbrook
Baelon Drakeson
Tymon Lannister
Kevan Lyras
Lady Corrine Marsten
Ereth Redwain
Yoren longshore
Septon Arlyn
15 posters

Go down

125/12 Wedding Day (open) Empty 125/12 Wedding Day (open)

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Waiting at the edge of the opening of the Pavilion Septon Arlyn looks out over the small meadow surrounded by grove of trees. The area that Lord Redwain had picked for the wedding was simply gorgeous. I wonder how he discovered this meadow, did he discover it while hunting? Did his small folk recommend it to him. He does seem to care for the smallfolk and would likely listen to their counsel on such matters. Septon Arlyn thinks to himself as he glances back over the crowd. His eyes light upon two small statues carved from oak, one standing proudly with a sword held upwards in an arch, shield in his other hand, the other a young beautiful women, arm outstretched with a bird lighting on her hand, both sitting on carved wooden pillars. I will pass through them under the invisible arch formed, followed by Lord Redwain and Lady Longshore. Then after the ceremony they will exit through the other side of the procession, starting at the south point then moving through the north. I know Lord Redwain has commissioned a statue of the father and mother on the other side, symbolizing how when Lady Alya Longshore and Lord Ereth Rewain are joined they will have entered as the warrior and the maid, and exit as the father and the mother. Septon Arlyn smiles warmly at the symbolism of the marriage.

Along with the view of the statues Septon Arlyn catches glimpses of the crowd with a mixture of familiar faces along with some of the lesser-known retainers and small folk from Lord Redwain’s lands appear to be in attendance. The Septon smiles jovially at the sight,That Lord Redwain sure is an odd man, but he does seem to care deeply for his small folk. A good man, I am proud to be asked to marry him. Wooden Benches were set up in circles around a middle gazebo, decorated with colored greens and browns of natural foliage.

On the east compass point a small wooden statute of a burly man with a craftsmen hammer was set up , a break in the seating, letting an isle down towards the gazebo, to allow guests to find their seating down into the front. Luecian Longbow, were present on that side of the proceedings.

On the other side a similar thing was set up, only in the vision of the crone, on this side the nobles were seated, Lady Corrine Marsten with Lord Ben Marsten, Ser Jon Roxton with Nathaniel Manson, Lord Baelon Drakeson and Lady Gwyn Drakeson were in attendance on that side as well as Lord Forrest Frey and his wife Lady Frey, Ser Kevan Lyras with his wife Lady Sophia Lyras, and Ser Theomore Tullison.

Septon Arlyn hears the sounds of the wedding band playing lightly in the background while the guests murmur and speak to each other in hushed tones. Septon Arlyn Thinks, it is nice to see people come together in happiness rather than fighting over petty differences. Septon Arlyn nods to a small child who waves at him from the crowd. Septon Arlyn hears the sounds of the crackling cookfire and smells the smell of roasted pig for hunted from Lord Redwains forests begin to drift over the gathered crowd. And *that* is the other thing that I love about weddings thinks the Septon weather great or small all people love to eat well at a wedding Septon Arlyn smiles at the thought of roast pig and his mouth begins to water slightly. although I do have to say that the nobles tend to have finer cuisine The Septon hinks to himself.

Septon Arlyn spots Lord Forrest Freys face in the crowd. To think that just a couple months ago I was treating his injuries from the Green Door Inn attack. It looks like he has followed my instructions and applying the cream to his skin regularly, for you can't hardly tell that there was any burns or scars to be had.

The Musicians change the music, jogging the Septon's memory and reminding him of his duty, [i] well here we go
He thinks and begins traveling down the isle, swinging his frankincense burner and chanting as he makes his way to the gazebo, chanting loudly and singing praises to the seven.

(OOC feel free to post your IC reactions and thoughts, *descriptions (what your wearing, who your next to, some decorations ect.) to and of the wedding in this thread. picture of the venue Idea [url=here][/url])

Last edited by 167 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

125/12 Wedding Day (open) Empty Re: 125/12 Wedding Day (open)

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:34 pm

Yoren delivers Alya in his fathers stead. The cape they both wear is with the longshore red ship on a green field. As he recieves the cape with the longshore sigil from Ereth, he shakes Ereths hand before carefully folding the cloak as he retreats, seating himself quietly on the front row, listening attentively as the septon speaks, before applauding intently at the end.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:56 am

Ereth will wait by the Warrior statue as scheduled and wait for the septon signal to begin once all guests and Alya had taken their places.

[ooc]Let me know when ready for the wedding vows part, and I'll post my part
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:16 pm

Lady &
Lord Marsten arrive punctually, and take their seats. Corrine wears an elegant gown of ivory organza, with open sleeves and a satin-cinched waist. Around her neck are three strands of river pearls, of varied lengths, and matching pearl earrings dangle from her earlobes. Her flowing raven black hair is intricately woven with ivory satin ribbons, and draped over one shoulder. She briefly gives her husband's hand a little squeeze, smiling at him, the sacred surroundings reminding her of their own wedding. Well, weddings.

Last edited by 151 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:39 pm

Ser Kevan and his wife arrive just behind the Marsten couple and taking their seats next to them. Kevan wears a fine but simple tunic with little decoration on it, except for a bronze brooch stylized as a sun, which held his cape in its place. Though he could have also worn his dirty drill clothes as nobody is looking at him anyway. The reason for that is the dress of his wife. Lady Sofia is wearing a beautiful floor long silk skirt in dark red, which accentuates her slender waist before fanning out broadly. Within the fine fabric there seem to be hundreds of small black metallic ravens, each individually tied to the cloth. When Sofia moves, all of them shift slightly glittering in the light, leaving an impression as if they are about to fly away.
The black hair so typical for her family and her red lips mirror the colours used in her dress.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Ser Tymon Lannister arrives with Lady Helen Dulver on his arm. The young couple is obviously very much in love and they are both quietly laughing as they make their way to take their seats behind Lady and Lord Marsten and Ser Kevan Lyras and Lady Sofia. Ser Tymon greets them all again, as he has just recently met them all, and introduces his betrothed, Lady Helen. Lady Helen wears a copper and green dress of a style currently popular in the Reach, the cut and style showing off her young and beautiful figure. On her neck, she wears a beautiful golden necklace of a stylized lion, with rubies for eyes. Ser Tymon wears a long fine jacket of thin leather that is tan and crimson in color over tan breeches and soft tooled leather boots. His crimson cape is fastened with a golden pin matching Helen’s necklace, a golden lion with rubies in the place of eyes.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:32 pm

Baelon and Gwyn enter, and after greetings to friends and family take their seats alongside Lord Forrest and Lady Sabitha.

Baelon is dressed in silk hose in sanguine, a dusky-purple velvet doublet slashed at sleeve and sides revealing a white silk shirt. A black half cape, embroidered with his house's dragon in seemingly metallic black thread and pinned with a silver-and-white brooch in the shape of a four pointed star, along with black leather boots and belt complete the outfit.

Like Kevan before him, however, it is his Lady Wife that draws all eyes...

[Gwyn will be writing her own intro/description]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:56 pm

[Sorry, I'm clearly never going to get around to doing the research to properly figure out what I should be wearing in detail, so again, I'm glossing over that.]

Daveth is there, sitting quietly near the back, dressed in a fairly cheerful yet subdued style, so as to not stand out. He didn't have the high status or strong connection to take one of the front or even middle seats. Honestly, he'd been surprised to have been invited at all. You're just there to increase numbers. He probably figured you were desperate enough socially that you wouldn't refuse the invite. And what do you know? Here you are. Or maybe he wanted to meet the great Ser Jorah the Just? Well, won't he be disappointed in that case. Or maybe he'd rather gawk at the new Ser Loreia? Well, she at least turned up, so maybe your presence here won't be a total disappointment for him.

Remember that much of the future is arranged in places like this. Deals made. Fates sealed. Even events this minor can have far-reaching consequences. And not all those deals would be to your benefit. What if, for example, it was Yoren who wanted you here, so as to point you out to assassins he'll send out after you? What if that mad priest uses his status as officiator here to cause trouble for your house? You can't just be merry at events like this. You have to identify your enemies, hidden and overt, and strike at them, hard, before they can do the same to you.

Maybe later. For now, it looks like they're starting.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:32 am

Davain and Ayleth were next to arrive. Davain was dressed in a simple black tunic embroidered with a small, golden needle work around the sleeves with a cloak of crimson fashioned with a silver broach of a boar. A rough beard was starting to form in his face, evident that the young lord is attempting to grow a beard. While Lady Sofia and Gwyn might have caused a few heads to turn, the show was stolen by the "
swan"
he had locked arms with. Davain looked cheerful compared to his normally solemn, serious attitude.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:16 pm

Ser Theomore wears a black velvet doublet with puffed sleeves, thin vertical stripes of silver scrollwork adding detail, looking closely, one can observe the pattern repeating the three mountain peaks of House Tullison. A half cape of Tullison blue adorns his shoulders, held together by a brooch of Red Gold fashioned in the likeness of a fox, matching the clasp on his belt. He makes no bid to enter the competition of the young to steal the gazes away from those who entered just before. In fact, black and blue makes him almost invisible next to his nephew's dramatic red. However, his pose and choice of clothing does reinforce a dignified image of confidence, though edging close to what might be suitable apparel for a funeral, or a man in mourning, and some might have accused of him of this with their eyes had he not also worn a smile that is very much at home at such a joyous occasion.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:38 am

Septon Arlyn keeps chanting until he reaches the gazebo in the middle of the circular arrangement of chairs, swinging his incense burner the entire way, leaving little wafts of sweet smelling smoke that drift slowly in the still air until they disperse. the this green grass has been trimmed short, likely by sickle and blade, as the Septons bare feet become stained green from the freshness of the cut grass. The flowery smell of Lord Redwains apple orchards drift lazily over the assembled crowd. Septon Arlyn stops, them moves around the small gazebo in the center, chanting a prayer of sanctity to the seven as he does so, before returning to his original location and stepping up onto the rough wooden planks. The Septon had the bottom half of his white robes dyed in the colors of the rainbow, the upper portion he remained white, with small copper hammers slightly below the right and left shoulders, assisting in ensuring that the Septons robe would remain closed. The SEpton had a copper chain belt wrapped around his waist. We had debated on having a small lectern to hold my copy of the seven pointed star, I'm glad we decided against that. Thinks Septon Arlyn as he places himself in the center, with his back toward the exit.

The Septons chanting stops as he grabs his seven pointed star from under a small shelf that he had placed in gazeebo, and places his incense burner carefully on the top of the shelf. The last thing we need is for this to catch the structure on fire. Thinks Septon Arlyn. The Septon looks at the weaved in apple blossoms into the framework of the gazebo, giving the dark wooka colorful white asplash with just a hint of pink. That Marielye certainly has an eye for parties, perhaps I should have her help me plan the marriage of Helen Dulver and Tymon Lannister Septon Arlyn sighs inwardsly before thinking, It seems like yesterday I was teaching her how to sing the song of the seven, and now she is infatuated with her Lannister knight. Although I do have to say that if there is a knight that exemplifies the tales of old it must be him. At least for a man who is still marriageable, Ser Jorah is a true knight, but he will be taking the white cloak, and swearing off marriages and things of the like. Septon Arlyn raises his hand, making the symbol of the seven pointed star before he opens it to the passages about the father, giving the signal to Ereth to come down to the gazebo.

He sings in a singsong voice, he sings in a gravelly baritone,

The Warrior stands before the foe,
protecting us where e'er we go.
With sword and shield and spear and bow,
he guards the little children.

As Ereth arrives at the gazebo Septon Arlyn nods slightly to the Lord. Then he signals to the musicians to start playing a wedding march, the signal for the Longshores to start moving down, as he sings;

The Maiden dances through the sky,
she lives in every lover's sigh.
Her smiles teach the birds to fly,
and gives dreams to little children
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:33 am

Yoren longshore wrote:Yoren delivers Alya in his fathers stead. The cape they both wear is with the longshore red ship on a green field. As he receives the cape with the longshore sigil from Ereth, he shakes Ereths hand before carefully folding the cloak as he retreats, seating himself quietly on the front row, listening attentively as the septon speaks, before applauding intently at the end.

As Yoren and Lady Alya Longshore begin walking down the aisle, Septon Arlyn gives a slight nod. With a sudden sound of the slight creak of well oiled hinges two smallfolk boys open two boxes as Yoren and Lady Alya pass through the opening created in the chairs. White birds explode from the boxes and the sound of small gasps can be heard at the sudden disturbance. Seven Septa's join in the Septon's praise for the maiden, creating a harmony with the Septon's voice as they sang. As Septon Arlyn waits for Yoren and Lady Alya to travel down the aisle he can barely contain the grin. Gods be good it was nice to see the look of wonder on the smallfolks face. My hope is that this day will be remembered by Lord Ereth's smallfolk, as a more humble and generous lord there surely are few. However He certainly spared no expense in Lady Alya's dress. The princess cut dress was a cream colored white. Woven into the bodice was white pearls. He shoulders were bare, but her lythe form and V shaped muscles down her back showed a figure of a woman who was more comfortable swinging an axe and swimming in the ocean then placed upon pedestal and left in a hall. Along with that athletic figure brought along the lack of breasts, so a ruffled wavy cloth was given there to add volume to where there was none. It was slightly reminiscent of alternating clam shells.

Septon Arlyns thoughts turn to a slightly to a different topic when thinking of clamshells and the sea, to Lord Ferris Longshore. I hear the man is wasting away in his holdings. He refuses to see the Maesters, thus he was too weak to make the trip to Lord Ereth's lands to give his daughter away. At least Yoren was here to fulfill that responsibility. Thinks Septon Arlyn. It must be difficult, your daughter being married off and you being unable to stand in attendance. I know I will never have any children, but I can not help but feel that it must hurt his heart to have to relinquish such a right, even if it is her eldest brother who is able to give her away.

Lord Yoren and Lady Alya arrive in front of the Septon, and the Septon gives a nod to Lord Yoren, signaling the time to give his sister away and remove her cloak. Lord Yoren does as was practiced without incident. Septon Arlyn then states. "
We have gathered here today, each an every one of us, to celebrate a union between these two houses. On this day, the House of Longshore, and the House of Redwain will be united before the eyes of the old gods, and the new."
Septon Arlyn smiles at the assembled crowd taking in all the beautiful gowns and beautiful people. This wedding will surely be the talk of the riverlands, if not kings landing itself. "
I, Septon Arlyn, as the representative of the Faith, will now proceed to bind these two in the loving harmony of the Gods embrace."
Septon Arlyn pauses for dramatic effect then states to the couple in front of him. "
Please turn towards each other."
Lady Alya turns towards Lord Ereth, as Lord Ereth turns toward Lady Alya.

"
Do you Lord Ereth, in the presence of the Seven, state that you are here of your own free will, and not bound to this union by any obligations other then your willingness to commit your Heart and Soul to developing this union?"
asks Septon Arlyn in an authoritative voice.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:37 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:
"
Do you Lord Ereth, in the presence of the Seven, state that you are here of your own free will, and not bound to this union by any obligations other then your willingness to commit your Heart and Soul to developing this union?"
asks Septon Arlyn in an authoritative voice.

Yes, I do swear by the old gods and the new that I'm here of my own free will and happy to do so.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:16 am

Septon Arlyn smiles at the Lord Ereths conviction in his tone. Septon Arlyn turns to Lady Alya Longshore and asks, "
Do you Lady Alya Longshore, in the presence of the Seven, state that you are here of your own free will, and not bound to this union by any obligations other then your willingness to commit your Heart and Soul to developing this union?"
asks Septon Arlyn in a softer tone.

Lady Alya Longshore wrote:Lady Alya looks over at Lord Ereth, Well my brother and father could certainly have done worse. I do not know how I feel being so far from the ocean, but at least there are rivers nearby. "
I am here of my own choice."
She states firmly.

Septon Arlyn grins again, Thank the gods there was not any hang ups this far. Then I have some vows for you to swear to,"
Septon Arlyn clears his throat, then projects his voice so that everyone can hear, even the smallest child in the back. "
Lord Ereth Redwain, Do you promise to be a loving friend and partner in marriage, to talk and to listen, to trust and appreciate, to respect and cherish uniqueness? Do you promise to support, comfort, and strengthen her through life’s joys and sorrows? Do you promise to share hopes and dreams as you build your lives together, and to grow with Alya in mind? Will you strive to build a home and hearth that is compassionate to all, full of respect and honor, filled with peace, happiness, and love? Do you promise to always be open and honest with Alya , and cherish her for as long as you both shall live?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:09 pm

Septon Arlyn grins again, Thank the gods there was not any hang ups this far. Then I have some vows for you to swear to,"
Septon Arlyn clears his throat, then projects his voice so that everyone can hear, even the smallest child in the back. "
Lord Ereth Redwain, Do you promise to be a loving friend and partner in marriage, to talk and to listen, to trust and appreciate, to respect and cherish uniqueness? Do you promise to support, comfort, and strengthen her through life’s joys and sorrows? Do you promise to share hopes and dreams as you build your lives together, and to grow with Alya in mind? Will you strive to build a home and hearth that is compassionate to all, full of respect and honor, filled with peace, happiness, and love? Do you promise to always be open and honest with Alya , and cherish her for as long as you both shall live?"
[/quote]

I do, and hope to give her a place she can call home and love it"
knowing that his land had nothing bigger than streams would be hard for her to take in at first, but nothing that couldn't grow on someone.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:59 am

Baelon wrote:Baelon and Gwyn enter, and after greetings to friends and family take their seats alongside Lord Forrest and Lady Sabitha.

Baelon is dressed in silk hose in sanguine, a dusky-purple velvet doublet slashed at sleeve and sides revealing a white silk shirt. A black half cape, embroidered with his house's dragon in seemingly metallic black thread and pinned with a silver-and-white brooch in the shape of a four pointed star, along with black leather boots and belt complete the outfit.

Gwyn's clothes are beautiful;
silk with satin and velvet trim, colored in twilight purples and blues, with a slash of pink shading to orange across the hem that could be a sunrise or sunset. A gauzy white shawl is draped loosely around her otherwise bare shoulders, sharing it with the waves of her hair. A sparkling tiara of twined silver and gold adorned her cornsilk crown. Her good looks aren't what turn heads though...this is accomplished instead with the very visible outline of her belly pushing out against the otherwise relatively loose-fitting dress. She's quite visibly pregnant, several months along by the look of it. She'd concealed it well during Battle Valley, but seemed to feel the time for such pretenses was gone.

She caught Corrine's eyes as she took her seat by Lord Drakeson, and gave her just a little smile even as she seemed to project the sort of serene confidence that befit a Lady. A little shared moment between cousins.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:08 am

[url:1w6xt8gm]http:
//s14.
postimg.
org/wr3fws5kt/Alya.
jpg[/url:1w6xt8gm]

Septon Arlyn smiles then turns towards Lady Alya Longshore, "
And Do you Alya Longshore, Promise to be the wife of Lord Ereth Redwain, and do you promise before the Seven who are One, the Drowned God and these witnesses, to be your loving and faithful wife. And you will be by his side to share with Him your happiness and success, and to comfort Him in times of sorrow and disappointment. As his companion, will you seek to be open and honest with him, and to always remind you of the Seven's plans and promises. Forever will you devote your love and your life to Lord Redwain from this day forward?"

That damnable Septon is just full of words now isn't he. Perhaps this new Septon Lord Ereth spoke to me about will be less wordy Alya was never considered a beautiful women, in fact she often found it easier to swing an axe at a man then exchange courtesies . It was an odd feeling though, meeting this Ereth Redwain. He seemed to genuinely care about her, more so then she ever expected to be cared for. For I always feared I would be sent off to some rock near the sea in order to secure my fathers position with the Iron Islands. Nay, this Greenlander may appear soft, but I have seen the steel under his exterior. I've heard of his tales from across the Sea in the Stepstones Lady Alya's nostrils flare in excitement and anticipation, It will be good to hear a deeper accounting of his tales, to find out how strong of a warrior he really is. The thought of this made Lady Alya's cheeks flush, most would assume it was merely the nerves of a blushing bride, but a few of her closest friends might be able to decipher what she was really thinking.

"
I do Arlyn, Before the drowned god I promise that no man may tear me away for Lord Ereth,"
Replies Lady Alya, her breath catching in her throat.

"
Do we have any objections!"
Calls Septon Arlyn out to the gathered crowd. "
Speak now or forever hold your piece!"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:03 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:
Baelon wrote:Baelon and Gwyn enter, and after greetings to friends and family take their seats alongside Lord Forrest and Lady Sabitha.

Gwyn's clothes are beautiful;
silk with satin and velvet trim, colored in twilight purples and blues, with a slash of pink shading to orange across the hem that could be a sunrise or sunset. A gauzy white shawl is draped loosely around her otherwise bare shoulders, sharing it with the waves of her hair. A sparkling tiara of twined silver and gold adorned her cornsilk crown. Her good looks aren't what turn heads though...this is accomplished instead with the very visible outline of her belly pushing out against the otherwise relatively loose-fitting dress. She's quite visibly pregnant, several months along by the look of it. She'd concealed it well during Battle Valley, but seemed to feel the time for such pretenses was gone.

She caught Corrine's eyes as she took her seat by Lord Drakeson, and gave her just a little smile even as she seemed to project the sort of serene confidence that befit a Lady. A little shared moment between cousins.

Corrine beams happily at Gwyn, even more broadly to see that she is expecting.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:34 pm

Ser Walton Dulver arrived among other guests. He was calm and silent, nodding with his head to people he knows. He was wearing simple, but neat, leather tunic with high collar. Length of his tunic was almost reaching his high riding boots. On his waist Walton had black, soldier's belt. On his back was hanging copper coat, with embroidered black hammer on it's center. Small Dulver's coat of arms was also visible on middle of his chest. His clothing only decoration was golden necklace- seven pointed star with diamonds on it's every end, with small obsidian hammer in middle of star. His long blond hair hung loosely on his shoulders, his face was covered with shade of stubble.

Ser Walton wasn't standing out of crowd except his height and massive built, but he was rather staying in the shadow during ceremony conducted by Septon Arlyn.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:04 am

Ayleth wears a tight pale green silk dress embroidered with flowers, with full skirts. Completing the look, she wears flowers in her long light blonde hair. She looks radiantly happy;
she loves these kind of social occasions. She takes a moment to smile at those she knew. "
We're seated by the Crone. I don't think I like the implication of that"
she jokes to her husband as they sit down. She grows serious watching the wedding. I'll never understand how you could marry an Ironborn. How can you raise a child right with a parent who thinks 'reaving' is a good thing? But she doesn't speak her thoughts, as she doesn't want to detract from what is hopefully a very special day for the couple.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:16 pm

Weddings are bittersweet. She usually excuses herself from them unless her house has been invited. One shouldn't refuse a formal invitation when that invitation is from someone of import or exceptional status, or when that invitation is received by one's lord. As the resonating melody of the Song of the Seven tunnels through the air, Loreia's gaze dips ponderously. The memory of her humiliating moment the last time - the only time, really - that she sang in public shrinks back, drowning in the septon's pious performance. A beautiful song.

Her mind sinks into the crowd of many-colored fabrics and metals, the red and blue of Master Daveth's personal guard a drop in a tide of nobles. The word seemed inept for those among them that sported the longboats and green-and-red of the bride's house: the Ironborn...the reavers. Has a romantic ring to it, but it doesn't disguise what it entails. 'Ere long pressed into the ground, she barely feels the meadow grass resisting being crushed underneath her booted heels. Rays of sunlight seem to shimmer in the air, the color of dawn hanging over the vibrant field like a curtain of the gods' light, certainly added to by the shine coming off her breastplate. A beautiful day.

She looks back up at the ceremony to see the groom drape his bride with the symbolic cloak and listens as they each say words of promise that have been tailored for them - tailored by circumstance or by choice, it'd be rude to guess. Made in the sight of their gods to bind them. Promises of love.

In the sight of their gods - his...and hers? What does the Drowned God know of love and comfort? How can this Alya swear by Him and harbor any reverence or respect for the Mother, or the Maiden, or the Smith? She's young. Young love compels young people to say or do almost anything to be together. If her grandmother knew one thing about the Seven, she'd be turning in her grave at the mention of them in a vow along with the Drowned God in the same sentence. Shifting her gaze to the septon now, she can almost see him cringe, the poor man.

She catches herself in a glare and softens, though it continues to smoke underneath. All that matters is that Lord Yoren had invited House Coldbrook as a step toward renewing the friendship between him and Daveth. Not the strangers under the floral archway of leaves and flowers cobbled together on a wooden frame. Not the Longshore warriors, mothers, and maids gathered within spitting distance. Not the invisible enemies Daveth anticipated learning about or needing protection from, though his protection was a priority without peer, and without question. Being certain that there would be no bad blood between Lord Yoren, Lord Baelon, and...Lord Daveth. That was pretense of their invitation - or at least she prayed that things can be settled here. As for the rest, she will bear it as she must.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:06 pm

Darron has seated himself at the second row, he had arrived before most of the other wedding goers. He is wearing a deep black doublet with golden embroidery of a kraken reaching out from his back and wrapping down his sleeves. On his chest is a sigil which displays a kraken wrapped around a ship. A lot has changed in regards to Darron since most of the visitors last seen him at the blackwood, Bracken incident. Most possibly not even remembering him. Between the attire and now not hidden face that left a positive impression on a number of ladies he would sure to be noticed. With the wedding started Darron keeps his eyes on Alya. When the comment is made about how strong of a warrior Ereth is, Darron's passive face turns into a slight smirk and stays in some variation of that through the rest of the wedding.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down