Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Discussion

+18
Jon Templeton
Daveth Coldbrook
Aerion Storm
Luecian LongBow
Ereth Redwain
Ser Jorah Holt
Ser Walton Dulver
Darron Greyjoy
Ser Alfred Haigh
Benedict Marsten
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Reader
Theomore Tullison
Septon Arlyn
Nathaniel Mason
Davain Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld
22 posters

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

Game Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Game Discussion

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Aww, thank you. You are too kind.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:16 pm

You've just reminded me that I have some important writing to do.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:39 pm

Jon put in a fine performance to get this far as more of a melee fighter than a jouster! Tops things off with a fine post:

Jon Templeton wrote:Ser Jon rode out to meet Aerion at midfield. His shield arm hung low and limp from the accumulated blows. If one were to pay close attention they'd see blood dripping from Jon's left gauntlet.

With his right hand Jon removed his helm to reveal a face covered in sweat. He smiled but there was obvious pain behind the smile, "You found me out. My plan all along was to bankrupt Lord Drakeson through tourney lance expenditures." Jon managed a weak laugh, "No if you'll excuse me I need to see a maester. I think a mountain landed on my arm."

[/scene]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:18 am

Everyone may now resume posting responses and interactions in the events of Mushroom's Farewell in the following RP thread:

[Phase 1] Tensions Fray at Mushroom's Farewell [Roleplay Thread]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Reader wrote:[OOC: Two assists, one coordinate = max 4 constructively contributing in a group (well, constructively to phase 1, more DoS on the final step helps, so banding together to get past the tough start and then having as many shots at the last rolls as possible can work well too, even if you can only band 4 together for the earlier rolls).

- You need to make the mandatory roll, walking up and knocking on the front door is destiny substitution territory.
- Stealth - everyone needs to do it, but if something wackier (like, say, the above) is being attempted I'll allow assist/coordinate instead.]

If all six of this merry band of men decide to come, have I got a wacky thread for you.  Very Happy

This is going to be like the Dragon Age: Origins prison break scenes, isn't it...

Should I be excited about this or dreading it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94HAEpArxbg
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:00 am

Reader wrote:
Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Reader wrote:[OOC: Two assists, one coordinate = max 4 constructively contributing in a group (well, constructively to phase 1, more DoS on the final step helps, so banding together to get past the tough start and then having as many shots at the last rolls as possible can work well too, even if you can only band 4 together for the earlier rolls).

- You need to make the mandatory roll, walking up and knocking on the front door is destiny substitution territory.
- Stealth - everyone needs to do it, but if something wackier (like, say, the above) is being attempted I'll allow assist/coordinate instead.]

If all six of this merry band of men decide to come, have I got a wacky thread for you.  Very Happy

This is going to be like the Dragon Age: Origins prison break scenes, isn't it...

Should I be excited about this or dreading it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94HAEpArxbg

Excited. Not only will the merchant know we are there, he will offer us tea, give us what we want, and see us off merrily looking fondly towards our next visit.

Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:08 am

I just mopped the floor with ser-what's-her-name...and my warden would probably just pick the lock herself and do it on her own. Then I found out what would be much more fun.

Kinda like an event tailor made for Raff, actually. Oh well, it's not like Theo will be utterly useless in that other one, so.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:50 am

If Nathan's merry men need code names than Team Bartheld should be, Lady Marsten's Wet Dream. Wink
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:21 am

Benedict Marsten wrote:If Nathan's merry men need code names than Team Bartheld should be, Lady Marsten's Wet Dream. Wink

Nah, Jon Roxton isn't in it. Razz

Also, you cheeky bugger! Laughing

I will concede that's most of her faves though. Wink Fling in Jon Roxton and Forrest Frey, and she'd be golden.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:01 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
He paused for a long moment and took a sip of his wine.  "As I toured Blackbuckle, I happened upon a boy lying just off the street in an alley, his arms wrapped around the neck of a dog.  I am not sure who died first, but likely both knew they were dying and refused to leave each others side until the end, giving each other what comfort they could.  The Stranger does not frighten me, Ser Theomore.  I have seen as much death as any, probably more than most other than a war veteran.  This was different.  This was... insulting.  It was despicable.  The boy and his dog had lain there for weeks while Lord Bracken drank wine in his castle or went hunting.  I will not be so ungenerous as to hold Lord Bracken up as an example of the nobility, there are many like Lord Tullison or Lady Marsten that genuinely care for their people.  However, if Lord Bracken is the exception, so are they, and most nobles are closer to one end of the spectrum than the other."
Sad call-back, or saddest call-back? https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/t3188-p1-post-mushroom-a-table-for-two-closed

At least you guys got the man responsible and made him suffer for it, for those who feel the latter element is a key part of justice.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:32 pm

Absolutely. Loreia was very pleased when he finally got the axe!

Reader wrote:"They will hear of it in King's Landing is some pot-boy or cook at Harthorn fills her belly. House Daleford's name is not entirely forgotten if your stubbornness brings shame on my house and a wild bastard for an heir unless my son can get his wife with child."
Wow, a)fuck this guy bloody with a stick, b)he has no earthly idea how close to screwed he is.

https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/t2890p100-looking-after-lily-closed#96187
^^ Much approval.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Cackle. Not many good choices in that thread, just least bad options.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:06 pm

One of the best ways for players and their PCs to be brought up to speed: IC!

https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/t3196-investigating-the-investigators

Also an interesting dynamic as the Marstens try to get the measure of Darron as a man. Good thread.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:54 pm

The progenitor to that thread was for purely unrelated reasons, too - I wanted to meet with Derron to try and smooth things out between Drakeson and Longshore, and if things worked out maybe hire some mercs.

Three birds, one stone. Or throwing axe, in this case. Laughing
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Indeed I think its a interesting thing for Darron to do as I imagine he kinda feels responsible for not being there originally to stop the death of Roddric.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:05 pm

Baelon Drakeson wrote:The progenitor to that thread was for purely unrelated reasons, too - I wanted to meet with Derron to try and smooth things out between Drakeson and Longshore, and if things worked out maybe hire some mercs.

Three birds, one stone. Or throwing axe, in this case. Laughing

As ever, many (all?) of the best things in Dragon's dance come about organically, rather than from my carefully laid out plots.

https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/t3157-duelling-at-the-pass

Also like people discussing combat tactics and learning together.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:53 pm

I very much enjoy the discussion on combat tactics. I find it very helpful to get a good feel for them as a general non-melee combatant.Thanks!
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:59 pm

Tactics against archers are easy. Wink

Grab, then punch them to death.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:01 pm

grab, cut the bow string and stab repeatedly

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Anyone who doubts the strength of the curse of Castle Grenward should check out Ser Jorah Holt's rolls today on Orokos. Crying or Very sad
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:04 pm

oh yes Evil or Very Mad

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Reader wrote:Tactics against archers are easy. Wink

Grab, then punch them to death.

I am fully aware of Grab unfortunately...I considered stocking up on strength dice to try countering it(plus it adds damage for DoubleCurve bows) but went the way of non combat options instead trying for balance.
It's silly but part of my main reasoning was the nickname "Longbow"...Ironically let me now pull out my DoubleCurve bow which I use exclusively now.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Also got a bit of the feels for Ser Jorah's poor mother...Those bastards! Crying or Very sad
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:16 pm

I thought the common tactic was skewer them with lances and trample them with your horses as you ride by.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:Also got a bit of the feels for Ser Jorah's poor mother...Those bastards! Crying or Very sad

Pfft, from (some of) their perspective Ser Jorah redirected Prince Aemond (and Vhagar!) from Battle Valley to Wyl by presenting the rebellion's letters to him. Being a little cagey here as there's more than one set of perspectives in the South and different sets of motivation - some of them hate Jorah's family, some are totally indifferent to them.

A sad tale overall however, agreed.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next