Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growing Tensions [post-Mushroom, pre-Myr] [open]

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Growing Tensions [post-Mushroom, pre-Myr] [open] - Page 2 Empty Re: Growing Tensions [post-Mushroom, pre-Myr] [open]

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:17 am

"It is more than mere prowess, Aerion. You showed character at the Coldbrook tourney, the kind of intelligence and honour that House Marsten values. I see I've flustered you, so I won't tarry, but I do understand that you still have obligations to House Bartheld. All I ask is that you keep this offer in mind."

She noticed the flapping red fabric, and took the end of it, tucking it into the bracer a little, in the protective, maternal manner she would often express with her children, for a lace or ribbon gone askew.

"Don't let your lucky charm fly away. You will need it soon."

Her voice became hushed with the new proximity.

"If my husband is a worry, do not fret. He knows about our meeting at the carnival. You are not in any trouble."

She stepped back again, her timing squeaking into the limits of propriety.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Growing Tensions [post-Mushroom, pre-Myr] [open] - Page 2 Empty Re: Growing Tensions [post-Mushroom, pre-Myr] [open]

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:09 pm

(Oops)

Last edited by Septon Arlyn on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:36 pm

He smiles as she tucks in his little scarf, and gives her a -- private? -- small nod. Understood, he hopes she can read on his face. And thank you. His voice isn't low, there's no secrecy to him, and precious little guile. He knows there's no dishonor in speaking to her about such an offer, so he speaks to her, openly and honestly.

"I will, of course, take this offer into...great...consideration. I'll speak with Ser Harbert on it and see what work has already been laid out in regards to House Bartheld, and...and..." He gestures with his free hand, a wave that takes in all of the Seven Kingdoms. "...and everything. All of it. I thank you, again, for the compliment of the offer itself. Even if nothing comes of it, even if the details are problematic, and I can't accept, House Marsten's generosity and interest flatters me. Give my thanks and regards to your Lord husband, and Sev'n blessings on your children, my lady."
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:18 pm

"Ser Jorah," Septon Arlyn smiles at the kingsguard. "It is good to see you again. I hear you had a bit of excitement regarding the Valeyons. I am glad that you were able to stop them and keep the royal family safe. " Gods only know we do not need to have this tension come to a head any sooner

The Septons face grows more somber, "I am sorry to hear about your mother"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Aerion Storm wrote:He smiles as she tucks in his little scarf, and gives her a -- private? -- small nod.  Understood, he hopes she can read on his face.  And thank you.  His voice isn't low, there's no secrecy to him, and precious little guile.  He knows there's no dishonor in speaking to her about such an offer, so he speaks to her, openly and honestly.

"I will, of course, take this offer into...great...consideration.  I'll speak with Ser Harbert on it and see what work has already been laid out in regards to House Bartheld, and...and..."  He gestures with his free hand, a wave that takes in all of the Seven Kingdoms.  "...and everything.  All of it.  I thank you, again, for the compliment of the offer itself.  Even if nothing comes of it, even if the details are problematic, and I can't accept, House Marsten's generosity and interest flatters me.  Give my thanks and regards to your Lord husband, and Sev'n blessings on your children, my lady."

"Of course. Thank you. I'm surprised my daughter has not made herself known, actually. She's very curious about swords and knights. I shall leave you for now. Safe journey, and Gods be with you."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:53 am

He smiles again at that, "I'll likely be here for a while. Preparations are, as I understand, largely otherwise made; I've little to do but work off some energy and prepare as best I can. I'm sure there are few places safer than a yard full of knights, if he wishes to come by and see some there are knights a-plenty on display here."

Aerion seems to want to say something more -- something he shouldn't, perhaps? just another thank-you? -- but instead he just gives her a nod, pauses for a second, and looks down.

"Your offer was most welcome, and I'm sure House Baratheon will send word when appropriate, or to ask for more details and the like. My regards, m'lady."
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:50 am

A little nod in return, and she breezes away, with a brief parting nod to the Kingsguard and Septon as she passes them.

[ooc: That's me done. Sorry for the hold-up. Carry on.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Aerion glances around, hefting his waster. He still sees Ser Jorah. A man with questions about life as a knight could no doubt do worse than asking a member of the Kingsguard, no doubt, and the two were at least acquaintances, after hunting together...but he doesn't want to interrupt the white-clad swordsman while he's busy speaking with a member of the faith.

For now, Storm lets himself fall back into his pell practice -- waster in both hands, disdaining his shield for better balance and power -- and tries to push aside his uncertainties, hopes, and ever-mounting wall of frustrations. Or, failing that, to at least take them out on the sturdy practice post.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:26 am

Ser Jon had quietly walked to the training yard but didn't announce himself to Aerion Storm. He leaned against a fence post and slowly ate a pear with a knife while the "squire" laid waste to the pell. With Aerion's back to him Jon watched in silence as the stormlander went through his fighting routine. As Aerion stopped to take a break Jon finished the last bite of his pear and tossed the core onto the ground.

"Hey!" Jon barked in an attempt to scare Aerion, "Why aren't you out and about in King's Landing taking in all the wonderful smells the city has to offer?"
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Jon's grinning into his beard even as he turns. There aren't many who would 'Hey!' him with any real authority, even in King's Landing. Ordering about another man's squire was like ogling another man's wife, and Ser Harbert had a fearsome reputation that meant not many men would insult him so.

"Ser Jon," he says with a smile and a nod. "And I thank you, but I've smelled my share of the capital already. Ser Harbert has a home here, it's where we stayed any time there wasn't a tempting enough tourney waiting for him elsewhere. I prefer to avoid the streets when I can."
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:03 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:"Ser Jorah," Septon Arlyn smiles at the kingsguard. "It is good to see you again. I hear you had a bit of excitement regarding the Valeyons. I am glad that you were able to stop them and keep the royal family safe. " Gods only know we do not need to have this tension come to a head any sooner

"And you septon. The last couple of years look to have been good for you. The Velaryon's behaviour was foolish beyond measure and look at them now. A proud house reduced to that." And a few more might join them if they were not careful.

The Septons face grows more somber, "I am sorry to hear about your mother"

A shadow fell over his face. "Thank you," he sighed deeply. Some of what he felt had been dealt with like his initial rage, but her loss still hurt and he was about to go to war in the Stepstones. He might learn more there though with the likelihood of Dornish forces.

He nodded politely to Lady Corrine as she left.

"Come, let me introduce you to one of Ser Harbert's squires. I think he could use some guidance. The other knight I believe I have seen at tournaments, but I have not had the pleasure."

"Squire Aerion, let me introduce you to Septon Arlyn of House Dulver."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:48 pm

"Ser Jorah," Aerion sketches something partway between a nod and a bow; he's still a little dazzled by the enameled white armor, even after having spent a day, months ago, riding around the woods in search of game with the mane. "And it is a pleasure, Septon Arlyn."

He nods towards Templeton, "This is Ser Jon Templeton. At the Drakeson tourney last year we broke eight lances apiece on one another before he spared our horses and the nearby forests by conceding. It was a fine match."

There's no rancor in his voice, nor smugness. He seems to have genuinely enjoyed himself, being tested rather than battering someone from the saddle on the first pass.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:24 am

Jon looked to the Septon and Kingsguard, "A pleasure to meet you both." In reference to the Drakeson tourney Jon added, "Both Lord Forrest Frey and Aerion were unknowing pawns in my scheme to deforest Drakeson lands." A sly smile slowly crept up on Jon's mouth, "Unfortunately for me Aerion's skill with a lance unhorsed me before I could complete my dastardly deed."

Jon turned back to Aerion and smiled, "Depends on the street. Some are good to avoid, some have amazing pillow houses and brothels that should never be avoided... if you have enough coin. Have you ever been with a Lyseni whore? By the Seven they're amazing." Realizing who he was standing next to Jon said to Arlyn, "Forgive me Septon for I have sinned quite a but while in King's Landing." Jon laughed at the memories of the past month.

Jon sheathed the knife he'd been using for the fruit, "Pretty soon we'll be smelling the sea which will be alright at first but I've been told the longer at sea, the worse a boat begins to smell and then we'll all be talking about how nice King's Landing seemed in hindsight." Jon laughed at the thought of thinking King's Landing smelled good in comparison to... well anything.

Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:37 am

Septon Arlyn smiles at the introduction, then laughs when appropriate pause occurs after Jon explained his dastardly plot. The fat Septon then tisks as Jon mentions the brothels, but says nothing further in chastisement after Ser Jon asks apologize, only smiling and saying, "The Seven have forgiveness for all as long as one searches for it."

Funny thought about that, Did not think I would be smelling the Sea, but if Nathan is correct then we will be departing soon. It has been many years since I have set foot on a gangway. I wounder if I still have my sea legs. Septon Arlyn chuckles slightly at the thought.

"Only if a man is lucky will the boat smell so... if unlucky he ends up smelling of his own bile and spending more time hugging a bucket then standing on the deck. Trust me, you do not want to be below decks on the long voyages that you are about to embark on." Septon Arlyn gives a knowing smile, "But at least your hulls will be full of men and not fish. Nothing is worse then a fishermen boat returning from a week out at sea. They say that the smell never really does leave your nose after an experience like that."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:54 am

Aerion gives Ser Jon a smile and a little shake of his head, even as his cheeks flush a little red.

"I can't say I've lain with a Lyseni, no. And, ah, 'pillow houses' are...not much to my liking."

No, I much prefer married women in abandoned monasteries.

The reminder that a Septon's there -- ye gods, and a Kingsguard knight -- doesn't help any, and the serious young squire's thankful for the beard that, he prays, hides most of his blush. All the talk of ships, seas, smells, and fish, doesn't do him any favors.

"I'm not looking forward to it much," he gives a little shake of his head, embarrassment seemingly fled, replaced by sincerity alone. "Give me the reek of stables but a sturdy horse beneath me any day, over salt air in my face and a rolling deck. I've never been on a long trip by sea. I'd rather go twice as far by saddle, if I could."
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:19 am

Septon Arlyn smile. "I imagine their will be many among the Sers that would agree with that statement squire." strange him being so old get still a squire. I would think from the way that Luecian spoke of his feat at the tournament, as well as going Lance for Lance with so many knights he must be skilled, for him not to be knighted might mean he has a character defect. For it appears he is not simple either, as he is able to understand the next of Ser Jon the fact he does not pefer pillow houses leads me to believe that he must be honorable on that front. I wonder if he has a predilection towards darker forms of games.

Septon Arlyn's brow furrows.

maybe I can discover more in a not so open atmosphere

"So I take it you know Lady Marsten." Septon Arlyn smiles, "she sure knows how to make an impression, that's for sure. She can be accused many things, but I doubt any would say being timid is one."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:55 am

"Not timid, no," he agrees with a small shake of his head, but with his shoulders squaring up a little. Defensively, almost. "And yes, I met her at the Drakeson tourney last year, the first time I was granted leave to ride against more than other squires. She and her cousin, the Lady Gwyneth, were most gracious. They helped me, when few others would, and offered kindness and patience to a squire and a Storm in strange lands. I will not soon forget their generosity."

Nor the new generosity offered me just this morning. He'd like someone to talk to about the offer, but surely he shouldn't do so here -- with the first strangers to happen by -- before even talking to his lord knight. Not in King's Landing, of all places.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:30 am

Defensive about Lady Corrine and Lady Gwyn... now that is very interesting. "Ah yes, the Drakeson, tournament for an Heir. That was quite the affair I hear, Lady Gwyn supposedly had not lost any of her charm. She was the rising star at the tournament of Riverrun. They say her voice could make the coldest of winters a little warmer."

Septon Arlyn chuckles, large shoulders rolling.

"It is a shame I arrived half way through the week. I would have loved to see her sing. Not that Lady Corrine was without talent either from what I heard." Septon Arlyn gives a large smile, "It is lucky of a storm squire to have attracted the attention of such lovely ladies. Lady Gwyn married a bastard herself. Perhaps being a bastard no longer has the same meaning as it used to." Septon Arlyn's tone was somewhere between joking and serious. Then he reaches out towards Aerion, "Mayhaps you can find yourself a Noble Lady to wed yourself to. I am sure if you show your worth that Lady Corrine could arrange for you to meet an eligible young women."

Septon Arlyn smiles, "if such a thing would interest you."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:36 am

"I've heard she's quite the matchmaker," he says with a smile, but gives a little shake of his head. "But I fear I may tax even her abilities. What highborn woman would want a bastard and a squire for a husband?"

He tosses his head a little, nodding at...something? Towards the sea, perhaps?

"I must go ond make something of myself, first. Seek my own tale, or at least my own spurs. Earn what I can with sword and lance. 'Ser Aerion' might have some chance with a woman of means. 'Ser Harbert's Squire,' Septon? No, not so much."
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2