Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4:MM] Old Friends and New (closed)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D4:MM] Old Friends and New (closed) Empty [D4:MM] Old Friends and New (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat May 09, 2015 11:39 pm

Baelon arrived at the tourney grounds some time before the trial, surveying the area and waiting for a few key personages to arrive.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D4:MM] Old Friends and New (closed) Empty Re: [D4:MM] Old Friends and New (closed)

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sun May 10, 2015 3:02 pm

"
Ser Baelon!"
Shortly after his arrival, Baelon heard Ser Fendrel's charming voice calling out to him. The man approached him and smiled in a clearly friendly manner, "
It is good to see you here! I bid you luck in the duel to come. I do not doubt that you will come out victorious, and I hope that the accursed Ironborn learn of the Seven's justice."

Last edited by 155 on Sun May 10, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

[D4:MM] Old Friends and New (closed) Empty Re: [D4:MM] Old Friends and New (closed)

Post by Jon Cobb Sun May 10, 2015 3:03 pm

The mist still lay thick about the tourney grounds as Jon made his way to the meeting, and the damp chill made his old wounds ache. Miserable fucking weather, he thought sourly. I should just retire to Lys and be well rid of this waterlogged swamp of a land and all its tiny little intrigues.

"
Well met Ser Baelon,"
he called out as he neared the meeting place. Something in his tone suggested that he found the thought of Baelon Waters as a knight quite amusing...

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun May 10, 2015 4:07 pm

"
Ser Fendrel! and Wrecker Jon Cobb, so good to see you again. How have you been enjoying the festival so far?"

OOC from this point down.
Ser Fendrel Bartheld wrote:My congratulations for your overwhelming victory over the kinslayer. I did not doubt you would come out victorious, but it is good to see that accursed Ironborn learn the Seven's justice."
That hasn't happened yet - it's in the next timeslot. Oh temporal confusion... eddies in the space-time continuum, perhaps.
Jon Cobb wrote:Something in his tone suggested that he found the thought of Baelon Waters as a knight quite amusing...
To be clear, the last time we met Baelon was a knight too... not that you can't still find it amusing.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sun May 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Baelon wrote:"
Ser Fendrel! and Wrecker Jon Cobb, so good to see you again. How have you been enjoying the festival so far?"

OOC from this point down.
Ser Fendrel Bartheld wrote:My congratulations for your overwhelming victory over the kinslayer. I did not doubt you would come out victorious, but it is good to see that accursed Ironborn learn the Seven's justice."
That hasn't happened yet - it's in the next timeslot. Oh temporal confusion... eddies in the space-time continuum, perhaps.
Jon Cobb wrote:Something in his tone suggested that he found the thought of Baelon Waters as a knight quite amusing...
To be clear, the last time we met Baelon was a knight too... not that you can't still find it amusing.

[OOC: Damn the wibbly wobbley timey wimey... fixed.]

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun May 10, 2015 4:56 pm

Edmund moves at a quick pace, making his way to the tourney grounds. He scans the area looking for Baelon and soon sees him, standing near a couple of other men, who he takes to be knights, though he doesn't recognize them.

"
Baelon."
he says, a bit short of breath. "
Good to see you, I hope I'm not too late?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun May 10, 2015 5:28 pm

"
No, Edmund, we've all just only arrived. This is Ser Fendrel Bartheld and Ser Jon Cobb - you've heard the song of Wrecker Jon? This is the man behind the legend."

Or the truth behind the legend, one of the two.
"
Sers, this is Edmund Lyras, the son of one of House Marsten's bannermen. He has only recently returned from Essos, and Lady Isobel thought that he would best be reintroduced to Westerosi society by serving as my squire for the day."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun May 10, 2015 5:53 pm

Edmund bows courteously saying "
Sers, it is a pleasure."

Turning to Cobb, he says, "
The infamous Wrecker Jon? Indeed, this is a great honor."
A smile plays upon his face, "
I am now doubly sure that I made the correct choice in not entering the melee."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Sun May 10, 2015 7:21 pm

Edmund Lyras wrote:Turning to Cobb, he says, "
The infamous Wrecker Jon? Indeed, this is a great honor."
A smile plays upon his face, "
I am now doubly sure that I made the correct choice in not entering the melee."
Jon acknowledges Edmund's praise with a slight smile and a nod. "
Oh? Do you find the lyrics of the song that intimidating?"
he replies in a joking tone of voice. "
If you've been in battle or a melee before, Master Edmund, then you doubtless know that luck as well as skill plays a part in deciding the winner. Who's to say that you wouldn't be the lucky one should the two of us ever cross blades?"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun May 10, 2015 7:47 pm

"
Of course, Ser Jon, of course."
Edmund replies with a slight nod. "
The line between luck and skill can be a fine one."

Motioning to the tourney yards, and looking at all three of the assembled men, he says, "
Regardless, perhaps today a new song will be written."

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun May 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Baelon laughs.
"
I'll settle for walking away with all my limbs intact, and few extra horses on my train... though a song would be nice."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Sun May 10, 2015 11:10 pm

"
Songs are nice, Baelon, as long as you don't mind having to spend every minute of the rest of your life living up to them..."
Jon replies. It's clear he's in a less than jovial mood this morning.

"
Well, Ser Fendrel, it's damp, it's chilly, and I miss my warm bed at the Painted Lady. Perhaps you would care to take the lead in this little play of ours?"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun May 10, 2015 11:26 pm

Finding himself as a new player on a stage is not unfamiliar to Edmund, and as such, he knows it is better to watch and listen. Plus, he knows that among these men, there is likely much to learn.

[url=Study Jon Cobb][/url]: 5d6k4+3 23
[url=Study Fendrel Bartheld][/url]: 5d6k4+3 18

[OOC: Assuming I need separate rolls. Not only is Edmund trying to catch up, so am I Very Happy ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Mon May 11, 2015 1:15 pm

"
You know me, Ser Baelon, I live for festivities like these."
Ser Fendrel smiles in response, "
Pleasure to meet you, Master Edmund."
He looks at the man introduced as Ser Baelon's squire and nods showing his respect. "
I wouldn't mind being immortalised in a ballad or two, it would certainly liven up some of our balls. But Ser Jon is right. We have all come here to discuss of more... pressing matters."
The emphasis he puts on the word pressing leaves no discussion as to how pressing these matters may be. "
I am sure that you have heard of the difficult times faced by House Bartheld. My father's abdication has left us all in a precarious position. Both me and my nephew strive for the title of the Lord of our house, but I assure you that had it not been for his blatant disregard of Bartheld's traditions and hospitality, I would never have thought I could ever desire that title. And it's still not the title I desire, but prosperity and stability of our house. My nephew does not seem to remember to uphold these traditions. He seems keen to remake House Bartheld into a stern and laughter-less place under his command. Ser Baelon, you know the reputation and hospitality of Hosue Bartheld very well as you have experienced it first-hand. Would you see all these years of joy and prosperity stopped?"
He stops, waiting for a reaction. If he anticipates well, he says, "
Neither would I. And that is why I need allies and friends who would publicly support my claim."
Fendrel's eyes move to Edmund and then back to Baelon. "
And such friends and allies, of course, would be appropriately rewarded were I to become a lord."

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon May 11, 2015 1:35 pm

"
That is a grave concern for House Bartheld. I do indeed recall the hospitality of your house with great fondness. It is in many ways House Bartheld's defining feature, and a standard that other houses compare themselves to."

He ponders for a moment.

"
House Marsten also suffers from troubles - not internal, but external. The mountain clans are a pernicious threat. We are seeking friends and allies to lend us support in an intended action against the clans... and of course, I will do whatever I can to support the friends and allies of House Marsten."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon May 11, 2015 4:19 pm

Edmund Lyras wrote:Finding himself as a new player on a stage is not unfamiliar to Edmund, and as such, he knows it is better to watch and listen. Plus, he knows that among these men, there is likely much to learn.

[url=Study Jon Cobb][/url]: 5d6k4+3 23
[url=Study Fendrel Bartheld][/url]: 5d6k4+3 18
OOC: Jon isn't hard to read, and is making no attempt to conceal his emotions or attitudes. Everything he's said so far smacks of the truth. When Fendrel speaks he nods his agreement, and you're quite certain that he agrees with Fendrel's description of the situation and why Davain would make a poor lord for House Bartheld.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Mon May 11, 2015 6:40 pm

Ser Fendrel smiles as he hears Ser Baelon's words. "
Were I to become a lord,"
Ser Fendrel's words are honeyed and charming, but the meaning behind them is clear: without me as a lord, you will not get what you want. "
be assured that I would be gladly lend support to such a valuable ally as House Marsten in eliminating the threat that the mountain clans pose to it - and other houses of the Vale."

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon May 11, 2015 7:15 pm

"
Do we have an agreement, then, Ser? I will show support that you are the better man to lead House Bartheld, and in return you will provide troops to aid House Marsten against the clans?"
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Mon May 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Before committing to their plan, Fendrel asks, "
Would you also speak of this matter to other members of House Marsten?"
Ser Fendrel turns to the silent Edmund. "
What about you, Master Edmund? Could I count on your support as well? While we may have been introduced just now, I believe that this could be a beginning of a beautiful friendship, between our houses and ourselves. A friendship which can only blossom and reap sweet fruit."

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon May 11, 2015 9:58 pm

"
I will speak to them, though of course I cannot guarantee that they will support you."

OOC: I'll abide by the other terms previously arranged as well, though they have not come up in character here I won't back out of my agreement. :;
):
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon May 11, 2015 10:53 pm

"
Indeed, Master Edmund. What are your thoughts on this matter?"
Jon says, injecting himself into the conversation for the first time.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by  Mon May 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Edmund quietly listens as the men discuss their dealings and finds himself initially thinkin, Seems a relatively straight forward arrangement...

When Ser Fendrel and Ser Jon both ask Edmund for his support, Edmund seems a bit surprised. "
Well, Sers, House Lyras stands, as always side by side with our leige lords, House Marsten, and it is they that carry the most weight in such a decision. House Lyras is always seeking friends and allies, and I thank you for extending such courtesy. I shall council with my uncle at the earliest opportunity, to verify our stance on the issue."
he responds with a smile and a slight nod

He pauses a moment, then continues, "
I am curious though, Ser, as to the why of your nephews shift in attitude."

He raises an eyebrow in self-reflection, "
I can only speculate, which often dangerous, and so I wonder, why such a different stance on the nature of your fine House? Is your nephew simply a joyless man?"
He smiles, looking at Ser Fendrel, before continuing, "
I am a man of tradition myself, and am, like you, a man that enjoys the revels that are attendant with being a powerful house. Therefore, I struggle to find reason for such a drastic change."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon May 11, 2015 11:10 pm

Edmund Lyras wrote:He pauses a moment, then continues, "
I am curious though, Ser, as to the why of your nephews shift in attitude."

He raises an eyebrow in self-reflection, "
I can only speculate, which often dangerous, and so I wonder, why such a different stance on the nature of your fine House? Is your nephew simply a joyless man?"
He smiles, looking at Ser Fendrel, before continuing, "
I am a man of tradition myself, and am, like you, a man that enjoys the revels that are attendant with being a powerful house. Therefore, I struggle to find reason for such a drastic change."
"
Who's to say? The lad was fostered with his mother's cousin - a Swann - at Raintree, and when he returned to Hart House, he was as he is now. Of course, the Swanns have a history of tightfistedness, even towards their own kin, so perhaps we should not be so surprised to find that Davain has picked up their bad habits."
As Jon mentions the penny pinching ways of the Swanns, something dark and dangerous flashes briefly in his eyes.

"
And of course, there's Anton Black as well. Davain brought him back from Raintree and installed him as castle smith at Hart House. A very serious man is Black, and it's clear that Davain sees him as something of a mentor. I don't doubt the two were close at Raintree as well."

Edmund Lyras wrote:When Ser Fendrel and Ser Jon both ask Edmund for his support, Edmund seems a bit surprised. "
Well, Sers, House Lyras stands, as always side by side with our leige lords, House Marsten, and it is they that carry the most weight in such a decision. House Lyras is always seeking friends and allies, and I thank you for extending such courtesy. I shall council with my uncle at the earliest opportunity, to verify our stance on the issue."
he responds with a smile and a slight nod.
"
Your willingness to think of your house first does you credit Master Edmund, but it is first and foremost your own support that Ser Fendrel seeks. Consider for a moment if there is something that he could do for you personally, should he become lord of House Bartheld. Or if my own humble skills may be of service, perhaps there is some problem or ambition I could assist you with?"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by  Tue May 12, 2015 5:41 am

Edmund listens intently to Ser Jon's reasoning behind Davain's change of heart regarding House Bartheld. He replys, "
Curious, Ser Jon."
Pursing his lips in thought, Edmund slightly cocks an eyebrow, "
Influence is a curious thing. Who a person listens to can be a ... difficult thing to predict."

"
Nonetheless, I am sorry to hear of the difficulties this has caused within House Bartheld."
he says looking between the two men.

Pausing to take a breath, and glancing a moment at Baelon, he says with a smile, "
I am honored that you value my voice and potential support in this matter, but I am afraid you have me at a disadvantage, Sers. I have only just returned after some time overseas and am currently quite unaware of anything that I may want or need. For the moment, my interests lie strictly with those of Houses Lyras and Marsten. My personal interests are currently...un-definied."

Setting his gaze on Ser Fendrel, he asks, "
If such a decision were to be made on my part, to support you, when do you plan on forcing the matter and contesting control of your House?"

Last edited by 1 on Tue May 12, 2015 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Tue May 12, 2015 10:27 am

Edmund Lyras wrote:Pausing to take a breath, and glancing a moment at Baelon, he says with a smile, "
I am honored that you value my voice and potential support in this matter, but I am afraid you have me at a disadvantage, Sers. I have only just returned after some time overseas and am currently quite unaware of anything that I may want or need. For the moment, my interests lie strictly with the interests of Houses Lyras and Marsten. My personal interests are currently...un-definied."

Setting his gaze on Ser Fendrel, he asks, "
If such a decision were to be made on my part, to support you, when do you plan on forcing the matter and contesting control of your House?"
Jon simply nods at Edmund's comment about influence and his difficulties in naming his needs and wants.

"
This tiresome dispute has gone on long enough, methinks. I believe both Davain and Ser Fendrel would see the matter settled before the end of the tourney. Is that not so, Ser Fendrel?"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next